Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

12 hours ago, Mari95 said:

I hope the rating will be increase. 

I'll support SSH forever. 

Many netizen praise his acting in Saimdang. 

Hi Mari, I'm hoping the same thing, too, dear. And like you, I will always support SSH. For me, he's a good actor & really don't care what other people say about his acting. :lol:

• Like 1

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" Song Seung-heon becomes Lee Young-ae's secret helper

photo822668.jpg

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" Lee Gyeom (Song Seung-heon) helped Saimdang (Lee Young-ae) with her work.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary", Hwieumdang (Oh Yoon-ah) started bullying Saimdang. She witnessed Saimdang selling paper in the market for financial reasons and ordered one of the merchants to ask for 5,000 sheets of paper in just 5 days. If Saimdang didn't meet the demand, she would have to pay 10 times the deposit.

Hwieumdang was sure Saimdang wouldn't be able to do it and she was pleased with her plan.

Saimdang started working with Yeojong. Lee Gyeom and his nephew saw this and couldn't stand to see Saimdang working so hard. His nephew suggested he made papers for her.

Lee Gyeom spent all night making paper for Saimdang. He scolded his nephew if he didn't work well enough. They made everything necessary to make papers. He was happy at the thought of helping Saimdang even though his back was severely hurting.

The next day, Saimdang and her children were shocked to see the papers.

In the end, Saimdang miraculously produced 5,000 sheets of paper in five days. However, the merchant who ordered it wasn't there and someone new came along with contract papers. This merchant said he didn't want the papers and drove Saimdang out of the market. Saimdang was in despair but she didn't give up and decided to sell them on the streets but Hwieumdang managed to mess that up as well.

Meanwhile, Lee Gyeom found out that Min Chi-hyeong (Choi Chul-ho) was involved with the disaster at the Woonpyeong Temple and started investigating. Min Chi-hyeong also found out that Lee Gyeom was on his trail.

photo822669.jpg

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl...

Translation : Hancinema

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Feb. 20-26, 2017

dramaratings_2.jpg

Meanwhile, Chief Kim managed to break its own record at 17.8% with its odd episode, but just barely. It’s still the biggest player in the Wednesday-Thursday slot, with Missing 9 barely in the running and Saimdang, Light’s Diary at least getting double digits in its even episode.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Wednesday, Feb. 22      
Chief Kim 9 KBS 17.8%
Missing 9 11 MBC 4.1%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 9 SBS 9.8%
Thursday, Feb. 23      
Chief Kim 10 KBS 17.2%
Missing 9 12 MBC 4.6%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 10 SBS 10.1%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-feb-20-26-2017/

*** “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” has aired a special show last night. It was a 70-minute program that briefly sums up episodes nine and 10, for those viewers who missed those episodes last week. Sigh........... the drama has been struggling with low ratings. I hope it will get more interesting as the storyline develops. :(

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" Song Seung-heon cries with Lee Young-ae in his arms

photo825866.jpg

Song Seung-heon begged Lee Young-ae in tears.

On the episode of the SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary", Lee Gyeom (Song Seung-heon) told Saimdang (Lee Young-ae) how he felt about her.

Lee Gyeom visited Saimdang after learning the secret from 20 years ago. He pulled her into a hug and said, "I'm sorry. How did you manage to live by yourself?"

"I could live thanks to your sacrifice. Now I will live for you". He decided that he would become the strongest person in the Joseon so that Saimdang could live drawing without any worries.

However, Saimdang refused him. Min Chi-hyeong (Choi Chul-ho) witnessed them and got him to thinking if Saimdang was bait for a tiger or a fox.

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Feb. 27-Mar. 5, 2017

Saimdang, Light’s Diary hovers below the double digit mark and sometimes manages to reach it—though it’s clear that those high opening numbers it saw will never be seen again. Alas, hype only accounts for so much—you have to entertain your audience to win them over.

Wednesday, Mar. 1      
Chief Kim 11 KBS 18.4%
Missing 9 13 MBC 3.9%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 11 SBS 9.6%
Thursday, Mar. 2      
Chief Kim 12 KBS 18.4%
Missing 9 14 MBC 3.6%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 12 SBS 10.3%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-feb-27-mar-5-2017/

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" Song Seung-heon finds out about Oh Yoon-ah's double life

photo827694.jpg

Song Seung-heon found out Oh Yoon-ah wasn't who he thought he was.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary", Lee Gyeom (Song Seung-heon) found out Hwieumdang (Oh Yoon-ah) was an imposter.

Hwieumdang was hurt by the picture Saimdang (Lee Young-ae) drew and was hurt again when she saw Lee Gyeom being inspired by it. She decided to take revenge on Saimdang and Lee Gyeom. She disguised her face in black and looked for her chance.

She danced around with her face covered and played the Gayageum, seducing all the men in the Biakdang. She was called the Black Flower. She met So Se-yang and provoked him by saying, "Why did a piece of paper have you come here?" However, he didn't fall for her provocation.

He knew Black Flower had a story to tell and told Lee Gyeom, "Black Flower is here and she might have something to say about Min Chi-hyeong (Choi Chul-ho). She knew why he came back and she had a deep scar on her hand. She's not a lady who grew up gracefully".

Lee Gyeom remembered the scar on the hand and knew right away that Black Flower was Hwieumdang.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 13-19, 2017

Wednesday, Mar. 15      
Chief Kim 15 KBS 18.4%
Radiant Office 1 MBC 3.8%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 15 SBS 10.4%
Thursday, Mar. 16      
Chief Kim 16 KBS 17.1%
Radiant Office 2 MBC 3.9%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 16 SBS 10.2%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-13-19-2017/

Best old school Korean dramas everyone should watch

3. Autumn in My Heart

Another amazing drama which really furthered Song Hye Gyo's acting career, 'Autumn in My Heart' has one of the most raved about story lines due to the "switched at birth" concept. Yoon Joon Suh accidentally drops name cards into the babies crib at a hospital causing the nurse to place them in the incorrect crib. Fast forward to their teenage years, and some unique circumstances, the parents discover their daughters are not related biological and reunite despite their completely different life styles and upbringings. The show received so much popularity that even tourism sites have been built in its honor in Korea.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Saimdang: Light's Diary" Episode 18

photo832080.jpg

Initially I was wondering whether I had somehow missed an episode of "Saimdang: Light's Diary". The last thing we saw was the grand art heist, and the recap reminds us about the big fire so...why are we starting out with Internet searches, familial awkwardness and comic relief about clothes? Then we get back to the art heist and it really doesn't help the drama's credibility when even the police officer in-story thinks it sounds improbable.

Really, more than anything else this plot mainly just seems to make Ji-yoon look kind of dumb. Does Ji-yoon know for a fact that Director Seon (played by Kim Mi-kyeong) is in on the conspiracy? Well no, but considering how paranoid Ji-yoon has been in general up until now it beggars disbelief that she would place so much trust in a woman she doesn't really know all that well. And of course, the framing device ends with a fire and a car crash, and we have to wait until next episode to see how that panned out.

Meanwhile, back in the past, I was surprised to learn that apparently Headmistress Choi is also a painter. Not a real one, thank goodness. Her character has gotten the short end of the stick so much that it really would have just been insulting to learn that Joseon had another famous sixteenth century woman painter but that rather than be a rival she's just a sad petty woman obsessed with high school grudges who is also physically assaulted during sex by her husband.

The painting competition was at least moderately interesting, in that Saimdang finally got a chance to explain how and why she paints the way that she does. It's a little disappointing that she has to do so with a rather arbitrary ruleset. And I'm also wondering why an individual creative competition is being used as a capstone to a contest that was originally about producing high quality Goryeo paper but whatever, at least Saimdang is painting professionally now.

Although that plot point, like every other plot point in "Saimdang: Light's Diary", is as ephemeral as ever. Apparently not satisfied with the two overly violent cliffhangers in the framing device, the production team decides to add one in Saimdang's time involving...gunfights with Japanese pirates. One of these days I'm just going to start making stuff up in my reviews for this drama it's not like I could come up with anything more ridiculous.

Review by William Schwartz

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" is directed by Yoon Sang-ho, written by Park Eun-ryeong and features Lee Young-ae, Song Seung-heon, Oh Yoon-ah, Park Hye-soo, Yoon Ye-joo, Yoon Da-hoon and Kim Hae-sook.

Episode 18

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" Song Seung-heon and Lee Young-ae beat Choi Chul-ho and Oh Yoon-ah

photo831995.jpg

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" Saimdang (Lee Young-ae) beat Hwieumdang (Oh Yoon-ah) at the paper contest. Prince Uiseong captured Min Chi-hyeong (Choi Chul-ho).

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary", Saimdang was one of the last few contestants. All of Saimdang's paper had burnt, or so they thought so it was a big surprise for Hwieumdang and Min Chi-hyeong when Saimdang came out for the final round.

In the first test, all the paper had great quality and it was hard to decide which paper was better so the judges decided to let the contestants to draw on them and have Ming Dynasty painter Wang Jeong-cheol (Heo Sung-tae) look at the development of color and absorbability of the paper.

This is when Min Chi-hyeong's plan started motion. He asked one of his men to mix vinegar in the paint. Saimdang thought something was strange about her painting and couldn't start painting. Instead, she picked some corni and made her own color.

Hwieumdang was anxious about what Saimdang was going to do next.

photo831994.jpg

Saimdang drew a frame with ink and put used the red she got from the plant.

The Ming Dynasty painter made the final decision. About Saimdang's painting, he said, "Her picture was so realistic it's almost as if I can feel it". He chose her paper in the end and she won.

Saimdang thought to herself, "I would never have done this without the help of the wanderers".

Prince Uiseong and Lee Gyum told Jungjong (Choi Jong-hwan) about Min Chi-hyeon's evil deeds. It turned out Man-deuk (Woo Hyeon) had hidden Saimdang's paper somewhere else, knowing Min Chi-hyeong had ordered Prince Uiseong to burn them. To catch Min Chi-hyeong red handed, he replaced the real paper with something else and had Man-deuk burn the place.

Jungjong was angry and yelled at Min Chi-hyeong, "I thought I told you to focus on the paper and not other things".

The details of the Woonpyeong accident also came out. Yeong Eui-jeong's only son came out as the witness and confessed, "Min Chi-hyeong killed everyone to cover up his mistake 20 years ago". This was also so that Min Chi-hyeong could watch Yeong Eui-jeong's son's back and to gain Yeong Eui-jeong's help from behind.

Jungjong ordered Min Chi-hyeong to be exiled. Min Chi-hyeong told Hwieumdang to pack all his possessions and get him released.

Saimdang said her thanks to Prince Uiseong and he couldn't let go of her hand.

Years later, Saimdang was putting out her artistic talents on a cliff and she had a village where she made paper with the wanderers. Children were free to read and write.

Prince Uiseong on the other hand, raised his gun at some people who were kidnapping the Joseon women.

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl...

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 20-26, 2017

Wednesday, Mar. 22      
Chief Kim 17 KBS 17.4%
Radiant Office 3 MBC 3.8%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 17 SBS 9.4%
Thursday, Mar. 23      
Chief Kim 18 KBS 17.0%
Radiant Office 4 MBC 5.2%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 18 SBS 10.0%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-20-26-2017/

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Saimdang: Light's Diary" Episode 19

photo834279.jpg

Apparently the production team has realized that they've made Won-soo too sympathetic, ruining what little chemistry Saimdang and Lee Gyum have. So naturally, "Saimdang: Light's Diary" fixes this by...having Won-soo start an affair with a daft idiot. You know, the real-life Won-soo knew he was marrying an unusually intelligent and well-educated woman. Given the standards of the time this could potentially make Won-soo an interesting character in his own right. Instead he's just a sitcom buffoon.

Treating Won-soo's affair like a massive betrayal is also a complete anachronism- sufficiently powerful married men in Joseon could and did take public consorts. It boosted social status, and helped insure the survival of at least one male heir. While not terribly politically correct, a storyline that takes this into account would at least be interesting, since for all her proto-feminist accomplishments the real Saimdang would have considered this state of affairs (ho ho) to be rather uncontroversial.

But no. As usual "Saimdang: Light's Diary" neatly bisects the world into two kinds of people- those who unconditionally love Saimdang as an angel sent from the heavens to relieve them of their misery, and those who hate her because they're total jerks. The sheer blatant one-dimensionality of the plot points in this drama is what really get to me. Saimdang has only just now seriously started painting and rather than get any idea of her creative process the production team just reduces this talent to a means of producing jealousy.

I started out this episode concerned that "Saimdang: Light's Diary" was going to do something ridiculous like have the Japanese pirates try to kidnap Saimdang and force her to paint for them. It's a little shocking that, having to endure the Won-soo affair storyline, I kind of wish they had actually done that. And it might still happen. Then I'll have to bite my tongue because as dumb as that would be, at least it's not the Won-soo affair plot.

As for the framing device, we learn that Jeong-hak is not quite the cartoonish villain he appears to be. That big theatrical display with the fire did serve a purpose. It was an improbable one to be sure, but sadly, not so much by the standards of "Saimdang: Light's Diary". As for Min-seok, he's uh, probably not dead? Based on what we've seen that doesn't really make sense, but this drama works by screenwriting logic, not actual logic.

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" is directed by Yoon Sang-ho, written by Park Eun-ryeong and features Lee Young-ae, Song Seung-heon, Oh Yoon-ah, Park Hye-soo, Yoon Ye-joo, Yoon Da-hoon and Kim Hae-sook.

Episode 19

Watch on DramaFever

credit : Hancinema

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Saimdang: Light's Diary" Episode 20

photo834713.jpg

It occurred to me near the episode that, in addition to her reputation as an artist, Saimdang is also well-known for embodying Confucian standards of feminity. Which is to say, she was a dutiful wife and an attentive mother. In their increasingly bizarre effort to make Saimdang seem heroic for doings things the real Saimdang almost certainly did not do, the production team behind "Saimdang: Light's Diary" has managed to achieve negative knowledge. A person who doesn't know any better will come away from this drama knowing less about Saimdang than when they started.

I am referring, of course, to the denouement of the Won-soo affair storyline, which asserts that Saimdang's obsession with running a commune has caused the woman to neglect her husband. Spousal neglect is a very real phenomenon, but compared to the modern-day it was virtually non-existent in Joseon. Indeed, the Confucian ideals Saimdang was famous for embodying were developed specifically to promote harmonious family environments.

Whether they actually did so if of course a matter of debate, but I only bring it up as the latest example in a long line of frustrating anachronisms which seem to exist specifically so that the production team can avoid discussing the real Saimdang's accomplishments. At one point a character directly asks Saimdang to talk about paintings and the entire scene is played off as a joke about the foppish upper classes. Then it's right back to the commune.

Even the supposed feminist angle doesn't really work at all because once again, at the end of the day, Saimdang is only able to carry on through the emotional anguish of daily life thanks to the encouragement of Lee Gyum. Who is a man. You know, women throughout history have had to put up with a lot of emotional stress. That was their job. So it comes off as just a tad bit offensive that Saimdang needs to have this stuff explained to her by a guy who, as far as we can tell, has no close personal relationships at all.

These criticisms are admittedly all in broad strokes. For the most part this episode is just a series of boring pointless conversations involving characters I didn't particularly care about. Even the framing device involves little to no plot progression, as we just get a few clarifications about stuff we already knew. Also the seeds are planted for Jeong-hak's downfall, although his plan is so obviously stupid that doesn't really count as an accomplishment.

Episode 20

Watch on DramaFever

credit :Hancinema

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 27-Apr. 2, 2017

Saimdang, Light’s Diary dropped below double digits this week.

Wednesday, Mar. 29      
Chief Kim 19 KBS 16.9%
Radiant Office 5 MBC 5.4%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 19 SBS 9.0%
Thursday, Mar. 30      
Chief Kim 20 KBS 17.2%
Radiant Office 6 MBC 6.0%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 20 SBS 9.3%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-27-apr-2-2017/

@willenette 

@willenette Saimdang fail to get viewer attention. Even in my country, the competitor drama get better promotion than Saimdang. 

I worry  about SSH career. He is not young anymore. After this drama, it's hard for him to get a good project.