Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

Oh!K Programming Highlights - October 2016

Greetings from Oh!K, the hottest Korean channel in town!

October is upon us and Oh!K has put together a full month of Korea’s much loved dramas! This month, you can get ready to watch some of our brand new daily drama titles such as
Beautiful You premiering 12th October (Wednesday) @ 9.15pmMy Princess premiering 7th October (Friday) @ 11.15pm andThe Moon Embracing the Sun premiering 31st October (Monday) @ 11.15pm.

Before starting the new rounds of some epic Korean love stories, don’t forget to close off your current obsession with the finale of The Great Wives on 11th October (Thursday) @ 9.15pm. In addition to this, Oh!k will be airing Halloweeen specials all through the month with four back to back episodes of The Scholar Who Walks the Night on 1st October (Saturday) onwards @ 2pmand Best of Infinite Challenge (EP 488 & 489) on 30th October (Sunday) @ 2.30pmInfinite Challenge will also be celebrating their 500th episode on 7th October (Friday) @ 6.30pm, be sure not to miss it!

source : koreankrazed

*** So NICE to know that their relationship is still going strong. SSH doesn’t look his age. :P

Song Seung Hun celebrates 40th birthday with girlfriend Liu Yi Fei and top star friends

song-seung-hun

Hallyu star Song Seung Hun celebrated his birthday with his girlfriend Liu Yi Fei as well as his top star friends!

An exclusive report by OSEN revealed that Song Seung Hun recently held a party at a lounge club in Gangnam. His significant other and close friends- Lee Byung Hun, Lee Min Jung, Shin Dong Yup, and more- attended the party. The recent event also serves as proof of Song Seung Hun and Liu Yi Fei's ongoing relationship.

His label also confirmed the report, commenting, "It's true that Liu Yi Fei attended Song Seung Hun's birthday party. However, we can't give out many details as it's a personal matter."

Song Seung Hun celebrated his 40th birthday on October 5. Happy Birthday!

source : allkpop

• Like 1

'Saimdang: the Herstory' reveals character posters of Song Seung Hun and Lee Young Ae

song-seung-hun

Upcoming SBS drama 'Saimdang: the Herstory' released character posters of Lee Young Ae and Song Seung Hun.

The main lead Lee Young Ae, who's playing a double role as both Shim Saimdang and Seo Ji Yoon, makes viewers speechless with her stunning beauty. Her elegance in hanbok also serves as the reason why she's an ideal actress for a historical drama. Song Seung Hun also captivates with his charisma in hanbok, perfectly portraying his character Lee Kyum.

SEE ALSO: Song Seung Hun celebrates 40th birthday with girlfriend Liu Yi Fei and top star friends

'Saimdang: the Herstory' will start airing January of 2017. 

song-seung-hun_1475801551_ss.jpg

On 29 September 2016 at 0:25 PM, willenette said:

***The drama will now be aired after “The Legend of the Blue Sea” starring actress Jun Ji-hyun & Lee Min Ho.  This is the second time the show is being postponed, as the drama was pushed back once before in April. The filming for the drama was completed in June. :P

Hi Willenette, does this mean the 2 dramas will air back to back with Blue Sea preceeding Saimdang or Saimdang will broadcast after Blue Sea's entire run?  I hope there'll be no further delay.. from what i've read before the SBS people have been really busy because they plan to broadcast as scheduled even in the absence of China's review...  thanks for sharing:)

Edited by Angie Kho

On 10/6/2016 at 5:48 PM, willenette said:

*** So NICE to know that their relationship is still going strong. SSH doesn’t look his age. :P

Song Seung Hun celebrates 40th birthday with girlfriend Liu Yi Fei and top star friends

song-seung-hun

Hallyu star Song Seung Hun celebrated his birthday with his girlfriend Liu Yi Fei as well as his top star friends!

An exclusive report by OSEN revealed that Song Seung Hun recently held a party at a lounge club in Gangnam. His significant other and close friends- Lee Byung Hun, Lee Min Jung, Shin Dong Yup, and more- attended the party. The recent event also serves as proof of Song Seung Hun and Liu Yi Fei's ongoing relationship.

His label also confirmed the report, commenting, "It's true that Liu Yi Fei attended Song Seung Hun's birthday party. However, we can't give out many details as it's a personal matter."

Song Seung Hun celebrated his 40th birthday on October 5. Happy Birthday!

Wow, she is referred as his "Significant Other"!! :wub:  It seems both are working hard and determined to keep this relationship going.  I am happy for them and wish them the best.  thank you for sharing :)

14 hours ago, Angie Kho said:

Hi Willenette, does this mean the 2 dramas will air back to back with Blue Sea preceeding Saimdang or Saimdang will broadcast after Blue Sea's entire run?  I hope there'll be no further delay.. from what i've read before the SBS people have been really busy because they plan to broadcast as scheduled even in the absence of China's review...  thanks for sharing:)

Hi Angie Kho, the drama will be aired after “The Legend of the Blue Sea”. Ye, I hope this is already final. :P

• 4 weeks later...

*** I'm happy to read this good news but I wonder if SSH will be playing the support lead....................:blink:

Actor Song Seung-heon to play villain in new movie

Actor Song Seung-heon will play the villain in an upcoming movie set during Japan’s occupation of Korea, the film‘s production company said Monday.

Song, one of the leading stars of hallyu, will play a cruel and cold-hearted prison director opposite protagonist Kim Chang-soo, played by Cho Jin-woong.

The film, titled “Captain Kim Chang-soo,” tells the story of a young Korean man sent to prison after killing the Japanese assassin of Korea’s Queen Myeongseong in the late 19th century. From there, he witnesses the persecution of his fellow countrymen and fights for independence from Japan.

20161107000989_0.jpg

Song Seung-heon (BA Entertainment)

Filming recently began after Song and Cho were cast in the lead roles, BA Entertainment said.

It will be Song's first attempt at playing a villain and director Lee Won-tae’s first commercial feature film.

The movie is set to be released next year. (Yonhap)

credit : Korea Herald

• 4 weeks later...

Top 10 sexiest male actors ranked

You may have been either overjoyed or in a fit of rage after our last ranking of the top 10 sexiest male and female idols but now it is time to keep the mood going with these sexy actors! From those devilish smiles to the faces carved by the gods, check out the ranking and see if your dream man made the list!

(skipped unrelated.....)

2. Song Seung Hun 

None animated GIF

Oh, we got another long faced hottie on the list! *shivers* Aside from the fact that he is always in my dreams, Song Seung Hun is definitely the sexy kind of guy you can bring home to mama, and even they would be jealous! Rockin' body, mature aura and a sophisticated style - the ingredients of perfection. Did I mention he also looks great with a mustache and beard combo? 

• 1 month later...

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/acting-with-his-idol-lee-young-ae-made-k-drama-star-song-seung-heon-flub-his

Acting with his idol Lee Young Ae made K-drama star Song Seung Heon flub his lines

Actor Song Seung Heon made 1,500 fervent fans swoon at a public meet-and-greet event at The Cathay on Saturday.Actor Song Seung Heon made 1,500 fervent fans swoon at a public meet-and-greet event at The Cathay on Saturday.PHOTO: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

SINGAPORE - South Korean actor Song Seung Heon was the object of affection of 1,500 fervent fans at a public meet-and-greet event at The Cathay on Saturday. Many of them probably first got to know him through the hugely popular television romantic drama Autumn In My Heart (2000), in which he played a sensitive and devoted artist.

But even swoonsome superstar Song has an idol whose mere presence will make his heart palpitate and cause him to stumble over his words. She is none other than Lee Young Ae, lead actress of Jewel In The Palace, the 2003 hit period drama that turned the Korean Wave into a tsunami.

"When you talk about Lee Young Ae, not only me, all the guys in Korea and all the guys in Asia are her fans," says Song, 40, at a press conference held here before the meet-and-greet to promote his new series Saimdang.

And his co-star in the epic drama is none other than Lee. The show premieres here on cable channel Oh!K later this month.

"At our first filming, I was really nervous. I felt like it was my debut performance. I made a lot of mistakes and I had to keep repeating my lines," he says.

lee_young_aeBut even Lee, 45, ended up having many NG (No Good) takes during their first shoot too, he adds.

Perhaps because this is her first television role in 12 years. There has been much interest in the drama as the mother of five year-old twins has largely remained out of the spotlight since marrying Korean-American businessman Jeong Ho Yeong in 2009.

She plays the titular Shin Saimdang, the 16th-century painter and poet whose face is plastered on the 50,000 won bill. She also plays a modern-day art history lecturer in the drama which alternates between the present and the past.

Song's fictional character Lee Gyeom is a talented artist who reunites with his childhood sweetheart Shin two decades later only to find out she is married to a good-for-nothing husband.

The bachelor Song admits to struggling with the moral dilemma of loving a married woman in the drama.

He says: "It was really hard to show this love story because I am not sure how it is ethical. She is married and I am single. If both characters were single, we would be free to portray the love story. We could hold hands and run away. The producer and I worked together to make it a beautiful, but morally ethical drama."

While the nobleman's undying devotion is unrealistic by Song's own admission, he can still identify with the admirable trait.

Even though there was no mention of his rumoured beau, Chinese actress Liu Yifei, 29, she might well be comforted by what he says. Song declares: "If I really love a person, I think I would only have eyes for the person just like Lee Gyeom. I would love and care for that one person."

•Saimdang premieres on Oh!K (StarHub TV Channel 816, Singtel TV Channel 525) on Jan 26 at 9pm. The series is also available as part of the Hallyu pack on the Cast app.

KBS, SBS, And More Reveal Their Exciting Plans For New Drama Premieres In 2017

Saimdang Light's Diary Tomorrow With You

2016 was a great year for dramas. It gave us hits like “Descendants Of The Sun,” “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds,” “Romantic Doctor Kim,” “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” and “Goblin.” But don’t expect things to slow down in 2017! Here are several upcoming dramas to look out for this year.

SBS

Lee Young Ae Song Seung Heon

Many expect “Saimdang Light’s Diary” to be SBS’s biggest drama in 2017. Lee Young Ae will be making her long-awaited return to acting with a double role as Joseon’s best female artist, Saimdang, and Korean art history lecturer Seo Ji Yoon. Joining her is fellow Hallyu star, Song Seung Heon, as Saimdang’s love interest. “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” is SBS’s biggest production of the year, with its 21.6 billion won (approximately $17.9 million) budget and filming that took place from August 2015 to June 2016. “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” will premiere on January 26, taking over the Wednesday-Thursday 10 p.m. time slot.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/02/kbs-sbs-reveal-exciting-plans-new-drama-premieres-2017/

http://www.todayonline.com/entertainment/television/character-saimdang-better-him-says-song-seung-heon

Character in Saimdang better than him, says Song Seung Heon

Character in Saimdang better than him, says Song Seung Heon
Korean actor Song Seung Heon was in Singapore last Saturday (Jan 7) to promote his upcoming drama, Saimdang. Photo: Singtel

The Korean actor on his first time taking up a role in a historical drama
PUBLISHED: 5:45 PM, JANUARY 9, 2017
UPDATED: 7:49 PM, JANUARY 9, 2017

SINGAPORE — Korean actor Song Seung Heon might have acted in more than 25 dramas and films, but the 40-year-old still manages to hit a first in a career that spanned two decades: He will be starring in his first period drama role in Saimdang.

Starring in such dramas comes with its own set of challenges; for Song, who shot to fame in the 2003 hit Korean drama Autumn in My Heart, it was having to don a beard for his role.

“The thing about having to wear a beard is you have to be standing for one to two hours (while the beard is being put on), so that takes a lot of time,” said Song through a translator. That is why sometimes, he eats his meals while his beard is still on, he quipped.

Song was in town over the weekend to promote Saimdang, a drama based on the life of female artist and poet Shim Saimdang. It will air on Jan 26 on Korean entertainment channel Oh!K. Leading Korean actress Lee Young-Ae who is making a comeback after an 11-year hiatus, will play the titular role, while Song plays the role of Lee Gyeom, a painter and artist who also serves as Shim Saimdang’s love interest.

To Song, Lee Gyeom is everything that he is not.

While his character is skilled in the arts, Song himself, unfortunately, is not, given a “traumatic experience” he had many years ago. “When I was young, I was in this art club and then we had to participate in certain events,” Song shared. During a particular event, his teacher made him draw one art piece a day, and this went on “for about one to two months” — a process was so tiring it turned him off art and drawing entirely. “That actually became (a form of) trauma to me,” he added.

Proficiency in art aside, his character is also good in archery and plays a traditional Korean stringed instrument, Geomungo. “It’s really unrealistic you know. In the drama, he can do anything and everything,” Song said wryly.

He even pales in comparison when it comes to the love arena, he added.

“(Lee Gyeom) is somebody that...is a bit better than me in terms of how much he loves Saimdang. So when you look at the drama, even though Saimdang gets married and she has a kid, I still love her and I still care for her, which is a bit out of reality right?”

Song continued: “I mean, I don’t know how I can do it (in real life).”

Still, no matter how “out of reality” his character may be, Song could at least find something he could relate to in Lee Gyeom, which we think Chinese actress Liu Yi Fei — whom he is said to be dating — would appreciate.

“If I really like a person, if I love a person, I think I would only have eyes for the person like Lee Gyeom. I would love and care for that one person.”

Everybody say, “Aww”.

Saimdang will air on Oh!K (Singtel TV Ch 525/611 and Singtel Cast (Hallyu Pack) starting Jan 26 at 9pm.

Song Seung-Heon talks 'Saimdang, Light's Diary,' challenges of playing Lee Gyum

Maolen E. | Jan 12, 2017 12:10 PM ESTActor Song Seung Heon arrives for the red carpet of the 17th Shanghai International Film Festival at Shanghai Grand Theatre on June 14, 2014 in Shanghai, China.Actor Song Seung Heon arrives for the red carpet of the 17th Shanghai International Film Festival at Shanghai Grand Theatre on June 14, 2014 in Shanghai, China. (Photo : Getty Images/Feng Li)

After a long hiatus, Song Seung Heon will finally be making his small-screen comeback in SBS' "Saimdang, Light's Diary." Recently, the 40-year-old actor has given his fans a treat when he shared what viewers can expect from his character.

The veteran actor, who shot to stardom in 2000's "Autumn in My Heart," held an exclusive meet-and-greet fan event in Singapore on Jan. 07, Saturday. It is to promote the upcoming SBS drama, which will premiere on Turner's Oh!K starting Jan. 25.

There, Song opened up about the challenges that come with taking on the role of Lee Gyum. His character is described as an upright, refined gentleman who has loved the heroine since childhood.

"The thing about having to wear a beard is you have to be standing for one to two hours (while the beard is being put on), so that takes a lot of time," said Song through a translator, as cited by The Malay Mail." That is why sometimes, I eat the meals while the beard is still on."

For Song, Lee Gyum is everything that he is not. While his character is skilled in the arts, the actor revealed that he does not have an affinity towards arts due to a traumatic experience he had many years ago.

In his younger days, the actor's art teacher made him draw one art piece a day, which went on for around one to two months. The process was so tiring to the point that it turned him off art and drawing entirely, the "When a Man Falls in Love" actor recalled.

Lee Gyum is also good in archery and in playing Geomungo, a traditional Korean stringed instrument. Song said wryly that it is truly implausible that his character can do everything without exception.

Directed by Yoon Sang Ho, "Saimdang, Light's Diary" follows a modern-day historian, Seo Ji-Yoon (Lee Young Ae), who stumbles upon the diary of a historical figure Shin Saimdang (also played by Lee). She uses the diary to solve the mystery of an unknown painting.

The upcoming SBS drama marks Lee's small-screen comeback 14 years after the 2003-2004 hit drama "Dae Jang Geum" (Jewel in the Palace). Thus, the show has already been syndicated to six countries in Asia through Turner Entertainment Company, Yonhap News Agency reported.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/185700/20170112/song-seung-heon-talks-saimdang-lights-diary-challenges-playing-lee.htm#ixzz4VegpbUUK

• 2 weeks later...

Will "Defendant" and "Saimdang: Light's Diary" beat "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" and "The Legend of the Blue Sea"?

photo811191.jpg

A new breeze is taking over SBS. "Defendant" and "Saimdang: Light's Diary" are replacing "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" and "The Legend of the Blue Sea". Will the new dramas maintain the reputation their successors leave behind?

- "Saimdang: Light's Diary" Lee Young-ae, back for the first time in 12 years

Lee Young-ae is coming back with a new SBS drama called "Saimdang: Light's Diary" for the first time in 12 years since "Dae Jang-geum". She takes on two roles.

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" is about a history of art lecturer named Seo Ji-yoon (Lee Young-ae) who discovers Saimdang's diary and reveals the truth behind it. She co-stars with Song Seung-heon in the role of Lee Kyeom, the Joseon version of "The Great Gatsby".

Lee Young-ae takes on the role of Seo Ji-yoon and Saimdang. Seo Ji-yoon is a lecturer and she lives life to the fullest. She is a super mother who is bold and carefree at the same time.

Song Seung-heon plays Lee Kyeom whose known Saimdang since they were young. He's had eyes for her and only her and is covered in artistic spirit from head to toe.

The drama has been pre-produced and the first episode is due. The plan for simultaneous release in China has fallen through because of the SAAD issue but there are plans for a second "Dae Jang-geum".

Source : www.asiatoday.co.kr/v...

Translation : Hancinema

Song Seung Heon Says Acting With Lee Young Ae Made Him Nervous

Song Seung Heon Lee Young Ae

On January 24, Song Seung Heon revealed how nervous he became when it came time to act with Lee Young Ae for the first time.

During a press conference for “Saimdang, Light’s Diary,” the actor was asked what it was like working with Lee Young Ae.

Song Seung Heon Lee Young Ae 2

He smiled bashfully and answered, “I believe we were shooting our first ever scene together. I was so nervous, I kept messing up. I couldn’t say my lines properly. I kept asking myself, ‘What’s wrong with you?’ It felt like I returned to my rookie days as an actor. My heart was beating so fast. It’s become a memory filled with many on-set mistakes.”

On the other hand, Lee Young Ae was asked to describe Park Hye Soo, who played the younger version of Saimdang, as an actress.

Lee Young Ae

She replied, “Out of all the junior actors, she was the one I watched over first since she plays the child version of my character. Even though she’s young, I learned from seeing Park Hye Soo get into character in a composed manner. Regardless of age and experience, I was able to learn a lot from watching her. She was the one teaching me a lot of things, so I look forward to seeing her grow.”

“Saimdang, Light’s Diary” will air its first episode on January 26 at 10 p.m. KST on SBS!

Source (1) / soompi news

[Photos] "Saimdang: Light's Diary" Lee Young-ae, Song Seung-heon, Oh Yoon-ah, Yang Se-jong

photo812134.jpg

Lee Young-ae, Song Seung-heon, Oh Yoon-ah and Yang Se-jong were at the premiere of the SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary".

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" is the re-told story of Saimdang and her love for art and romance.

Lee Young-ae, Song Seung-heon, Oh Yoon-ah, Yang Se-jong, Park Hye-soo, Kim Hae-sook and more are appearing in the drama. The first episode can be seen on the 26th.

photo812135.jpg

photo812136.jpg

Source : sports.hankooki.com/l...

Translation : Hancinema

Lee Young-ae, Song Seung-heon explain their roles in historical drama 'Saimdang'

SEOUL, Jan 25 (Yonhap) -- South Korean high-profile actors Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-heon talked about their roles at a promotional event for the impending period drama "Saimdang, Memoir of Colors."

The interview session held Tuesday at the Lotte Hotel in central Seoul has raised the curiosity of fans as the drama incorporates a fantasy time slip element where the actors go back and forth in time and play two contrasting roles.

credit : Yonhap News

*** I'm happy knowing that the show itself got high rating - that this drama easily get to the number one position with its first two episodes, cranking out 15.6 percent and 16.3 percent ratings. So NICE that the drama performed strongly.  I'm happy for SSH. :lol:

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Saimdang: Light's Diary" Episode 2

photo813355.jpg

We start out with brief, generally boring academic politics. Thankfully "Saimdang: Light's Diary" quickly gives up on this exposition and it's right to what we're all waiting for- the introduction of Saimdang (played by Park Hye-soo). Of course, for now she's still just a kid. Saimdang is spunky, what with trying to climb walls, but the young woman is smarter than she looks. Saimdang has a keen eye for the arts that soon gets cultivated as she spends time with Lee Gyum.

The start of their relationship is typical meet cute stuff. Where "Saimdang: Light's Diary" gets interesting is when they start talking about nature and emotions and putting those thoughts into words. There's actually little to no talk of love here. Nature, as expressed in Saimdang's poetry, is an end to itself. The natural world is an inherently beautiful place, the subtle motions of which are easy to encapsulate in the spirit of the greater universe. Lee Gyum gets that, which is why they go well together.

Consider Min-seok (played by Lee Hae-yeong-I), Ji-yoon's husband. He's a jerk of the increasingly passive variety. A brief moment of his acting like a husband should at the hospital is quickly undercut by his once again proving to have not even the slightest conception of what motivates Ji-yoon to get through life. I find it fascinating how clearly telegraphed Min-seok is as a bad person without the script having to resort to clear physical abuse.

That's the drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary" is shaping up to be- one about dramatic emotional pain. Which is a rarity, since emotional pain usually gets tossed into melodramas, since we tend to think of them as uncontrollable. "Saimdang: Light's Diary" itself makes impressive light of this by having Min-seok use that argument at one point to try and calm Ji-yoon down, genuinely oblivious as to how much of a massive disaster he's created for his undeserving family.

That's besides the more general mystery. Ji-yoon's friend and support staff Hye-jeong (played by Park Joon-myeon) is hard at work uncovering the secrets of Saimdang's story. But then there's the fantasy sequences, where Ji-yoon starts seeing herself as Saimdang, and all sorts of further questions are raised. Whether the cause of these moments is hallucination or just stylistic interpretation on the part of the production team, I too am finding myself dran into Saimdang's story.

Review by William Schwartz

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" is directed by Yoon Sang-ho, written by Park Eun-ryeong and features Lee Young-ae, Song Seung-heon, Oh Yoon-ah, Park Hye-soo, Yoon Ye-joo, Yoon Da-hoon and Kim Hae-sook.

Watch on Viki

Note : due to licensing, videos may not be available in your country

credit : Hancinema

*** The drama is set to premier in Malaysia this month as well same time as Korea on 26 January 2017 (Thursday) at 9PM exclusively on Oh!K (Astro Channel 394). I missed SSH on the small screen after many years. We can expect to see a different side to him in this period drama. :lol:

Top 10 Famous and Most Handsome Korean Actors In 2017

For some reason, Korean culture has disseminated across the globe. “Hallyu” (Korean flow) started with Korean soap operas, or telenovelas, with their absurdly serious drama and stern faced dads. South Korea has turned into a net exporter of culture, along the likes of Japan, the UK, and even the US. Social networks and video sharing such as YouTube have made such bleed-over much more easy. This wave has culminated in Psy’s hit single, “Gangam Style”.

Korea is a popular entertainment hub, liked for the thrilling movies, sitcoms, and television dramas that its actors have produced over the years. It also has delicious cuisine, a loving population, and is currently home to some of the most handsome men in East Asia. Judging by their physical looks, charm, personality, and fame, here are our picks for the top 10 famous and most handsome Korean actors in 2017:

(skipped unrelated....)

2. Song Seung Hun

Song Seung Hun

Known for his lead roles in When a Man Loves, My Princes, Autumn, and Winter Sonata, Song Seung Hun is a famous South Korean actor and one of the most handsome in the Industry. He has modeled for the STORM line of jeans, starred in television sitcoms (Three Guys, Three Girls (1996), and featured in comic action films such as SO Close and Make it Big that have brought him the celebrity status he enjoys to date. Song is well educated and has a good fashion sense.

source : https://www.ibest9.com/top-10-famous-and-most-handsome-korean-actors/