[Drama 2006] Over The Rainbow 오버 더 레인보우

Guest kiye

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why I didn't catch this drama when it first aired in Korea, lol...jk~

I just started watching this drama yesterday...and I am now up to episode 6. So far so good. I just thought I should come in here and comment on this drama. It sure is hard to grasp on how this drama is going to end...unpredictable and totally confusing!

Hehe...Sandy...glad you're here :)

Yeah...I didn't start with this drama until last week...it turned out to be my favorite drama now :)

I really like the actors and the storyline also. Every character is real.

Rex & Heeso kept playing with each other...They'll get hurt for sure.

I believe Heesoo loved Hyuk Joo but Rex's fame made her jealous so she kept on sticking to Rex...hoping to share his fame and success.

Starting with the New Zealand trip...she already kind of cheated on Hyuk Joo and started to have some feelings for Rex.

She only comes back to Hyuk Joo when things don't go well with Rex. It's so sad when she tried to break up with him...she's like...I don't love you....so sad.

I know why most people don't like her character...she's a selfish & ambitious girl...she can't have the best of both world.

But she's still my favorite character. Her character is very complex and Kim Ok Bin's portrayal of Hee soo is great.

Most of the time, I pity her for having to let go of her happiness in order to be successful.

People just have different goals in life...some people just want to be happy and others will sacrify their happiness to achieve something else.

Some pictures from episode 9 preview ^^

prev9amu4.jpg

prev9brr0.jpg

prev9cow6.jpg

prev9def0.jpg

^ :o:(:tears:

prev9ezh4.jpg

prev9frt3.jpg

prev9ghd2.jpg

prev9hsk1.jpg

prev9ijz9.jpg

prev9jga0.jpg

prev9kls8.jpg

From the preview, it looks like one hell of an episode ^^;;

Lots of things are happening, and I'm not liking the whole Rex-kissing-Angela-tomakeHeeSoopissedoff kinda thing, PLUS, the whole Hyeok Joo passed out and on the hospital bed... :mellow:

oh, and also, the smirk smile on Hee Soo's face is really fishy too :\

Hehe...Sandy...glad you're here :)

Yeah...I didn't start with this drama until last week...it turned out to be my favorite drama now :)

I really like the actors and the storyline also. Every character is real.

Rex & Heeso kept playing with each other...They'll get hurt for sure.

I believe Heesoo loved Hyuk Joo but Rex's fame made her jealous so she kept on sticking to Rex...hoping to share his fame and success.

Starting with the New Zealand trip...she already kind of cheated on Hyuk Joo and started to have some feelings for Rex.

She only comes back to Hyuk Joo when things don't go well with Rex. It's so sad when she tried to break up with him...she's like...I don't love you....so sad.

I know why most people don't like her character...she's a selfish & ambitious girl...she can't have the best of both world.

But she's still my favorite character. Her character is very complex and Kim Ok Bin's portrayal of Hee soo is great.

Most of the time, I pity her for having to let go of her happiness in order to be successful.

People just have different goals in life...some people just want to be happy and others will sacrify their happiness to achieve something else.

Hehe right on! If I finished episode 1-6 in one day...that means I'm hooked onto this drama right? LoL~I kind of wished that I started this drama when it was totally over...so that I don't have to worry about waiting for the next two episodes every week...but I guess it's okay, since I had a blast watching 1-6 in one sitting. I just really hope this drama stays entertaining till the end. *praise*

I'm planning on letting my mom watch it tonight...since she's been hunting for dramas that target towards younger generation, hah~I have a feeling my mom wants to go back to her younger days.

Yeup...I agree w/ you about HeeSoo...a very complex character. Her character is most entertaining to watch...seeing her keep striving for her goal...going back and forth from auditioning, being a back dancer, back to auditioning, getting opportunities to become famous through Rex...etc. But how long would her fame last is the question. HyukJoo might be able to become a celebrity and famous in less time than she had prepared for. I dunno. And yeah...I noticed that HeeSoo calls up/goes to HyukJoo for support/comfort. I honestly think that HyukJoo should just move on to SangMi...seems like SangMi is the perfect match for HyukJoo...a bright girl that can take in all his pains and heal him. (but who knows how long I'll think this way...my mind flip-flops back and forth so easily...blah)

I want to see Nam Hyun Joon coupling up with someone...he's so darn cute! How about Hyun Joon and Sang Mi...LOL! That came out of no where...but I was just skimming through episode 8 this morning and I saw HyunJoon smiling to SangMi while she was decorating their stage outfits...I thought it was cute. I love all the gangsta crew...they are so funny/adorable.

That picture of Rex kissing Angela is giving me the chills. Why must Rex do that? Well, I guess we'll find out sooner or later...

Sandy...I think Rex kissed Angela to break up with Hee soo and get some publicity :)

He's bored with Hee soo because he can tell that she started to like him.

What the crappo? hah~~Rex shouldn't have come close to her in the first place...or wait, is it the other way around...I dunno~Maybe the confusion in this drama makes this drama so appealing...of course the dancing and singing is also a plus in this! :) Well if what you think is true...I just have nothing to say. Is Rex suppose to be the antagonist in this drama or something?

What the crappo? hah~~Rex shouldn't have come close to her in the first place...or wait, is it the other way around...I dunno~Maybe the confusion in this drama makes this drama so appealing...of course the dancing and singing is also a plus in this! :) Well if what you think is true...I just have nothing to say. Is Rex suppose to be the antagonist in this drama or something?

on my own opinion rex is not an antagonist but rather a person who could easily mistrust any person who's been using him. that's why his character was kind of cynical towards a female who easily fall in love with him. even though his character was a jerk he still have a soft heart, he even warned heesu not to fall in love with him because he might hurt her. heesu know's about it already but she told rex she's responsible for her feeling's and want to see their relationship to next the level. but rex find out that heesu somehow was using him to succeed on her dreams. that's why on the next episode there is a kissing scene between rex and angela maybe because rex want to hurt heesu(it's my own opinion only). :D

on my own opinion rex is not an antagonist but rather a person who could easily mistrust any person who's been using him. that's why his character was kind of cynical towards a female who easily fall in love with him. even though his character was a jerk he still have a soft heart, he even warned heesu not to fall in love with him because he might hurt her. heesu know's about it already but she told rex she's responsible for her feeling's and want to see their relationship to next the level. but rex find out that heesu somehow was using him to succeed on her dreams. that's why on the next episode there is a kissing scene between rex and angela maybe because rex want to hurt heesu(it's my own opinion only). :D

oh icic. That's a very good reason. Thanks~that helps me to understand Rex's character better. Either I skipped that part or I'm not there yet...but I had no idea Rex and HeeSoo were discussing that matter. But I had a feeling something was going wrong in their relationship. W/ the whole...'don't be nervous, this is all a fake' part that Rex told HeeSoo...and there was a scene where HeeSoo walked out on Rex after they were talking about something. I can't wait to watch 7-8...since I hear episode 8 is great!

oh icic. That's a very good reason. Thanks~that helps me to understand Rex's character better. Either I skipped that part or I'm not there yet...but I had no idea Rex and HeeSoo were discussing that matter. But I had a feeling something was going wrong in their relationship. W/ the whole...'don't be nervous, this is all a fake' part that Rex told HeeSoo...and there was a scene where HeeSoo walked out on Rex after they were talking about something. I can't wait to watch 7-8...since I hear episode 8 is great!

wOW, I havent seen you in awhile Sandy! how are ya? Glad to see that you are watching this drama too.

Actually i think ep 8 is the turning point in their relationship, Rex knows he is being used by her, however subtle she is trying to be, he knows it because he probably seen it one too many times. Also, he is trying to establish himself as himself rather than a product or puppet by his management. he did that conference just to richard simmons his management off too in the process. He likes games regardless and the fact that SangMi now, who was his number 1 supporter for so long decided to stop fawning over him got to him as well as the aromatherapy candle that she gave him. She was able to see what was really bothering him and decided to give him something to help him for it. I think that affected him and hopefully they will hook up in the end (YES PEOPLE I AM AN AVID SM and Rex supporter :P )

But what im seeing is that in the end, noone will end up with anyone. They will all go their separate ways. Which would suck majorly but more realistic. HJ is quite ambitious too and so is HS and Rex. SM is the only one there that isnt as ambitious.

Who the heck knows how their relationship will pan out in the end and quite frankly i like the suspense right now.

bellaangel012: Yes...it has been a long time huh. I've been good. I'm always on soompi, just haven't been posting a lot(sadly, i've been a silent reader for the past couple of months)...except for recently :) Glad to meet you in here and see familiar faces, or rather sn's :)

Episode 8 looks totally interesting. Thanks for the brief heads up on it! It's so funny how I can't pick out who should hook up with who. I mean, you would think after coming this far...I would have a favorite couple or something right? But NO! This drama is to dang hard to even get the characters emotions straightened out...hah~

But what im seeing is that in the end, noone will end up with anyone. They will all go their separate ways. Which would suck majorly but more realistic. HJ is quite ambitious too and so is HS and Rex. SM is the only one there that isnt as ambitious.

^man~~I was thinking about all different kinds of conclusions...and yes, this was the most realistic ending that i also thought...hah~All of them just going seperate ways. Everyone in here knows that we like a complete ending to any drama right? I at least pray for a decent ending to this drama...even if there is no couple at the end. And oh yea, definately the suspense, lol.

wOW, I havent seen you in awhile Sandy! how are ya? Glad to see that you are watching this drama too.

Actually i think ep 8 is the turning point in their relationship, Rex knows he is being used by her, however subtle she is trying to be, he knows it because he probably seen it one too many times. Also, he is trying to establish himself as himself rather than a product or puppet by his management. he did that conference just to richard simmons his management off too in the process. He likes games regardless and the fact that SangMi now, who was his number 1 supporter for so long decided to stop fawning over him got to him as well as the aromatherapy candle that she gave him. She was able to see what was really bothering him and decided to give him something to help him for it. I think that affected him and hopefully they will hook up in the end (YES PEOPLE I AM AN AVID SM and Rex supporter :P )

Who the heck knows how their relationship will pan out in the end and quite frankly i like the suspense right now.

as for me i like rex and heesu and hj and sm will end as a couple in the end but i doubt it. i think your maybe be right that in the end nobody will end as a couple. even though it will happened that way i still love this drama because it is not predictable as the next episode to episode. it keep us anticipating the next scene of the drama. :D

bellaangel012: Yes...it has been a long time huh. I've been good. I'm always on soompi, just haven't been posting a lot(sadly, i've been a silent reader for the past couple of months)...except for recently :) Glad to meet you in here and see familiar faces, or rather sn's :)

Episode 8 looks totally interesting. Thanks for the brief heads up on it! It's so funny how I can't pick out who should hook up with who. I mean, you would think after coming this far...I would have a favorite couple or something right? But NO! This drama is to dang hard to even get the characters emotions straightened out...hah~

^man~~I was thinking about all different kinds of conclusions...and yes, this was the most realistic ending that i also thought...hah~All of them just going seperate ways. Everyone in here knows that we like a complete ending to any drama right? I at least pray for a decent ending to this drama...even if there is no couple at the end. And oh yea, definately the suspense, lol.

Actually judging by the previews of ep 9, i think him kissing that girl was a ploy by management for the both of them to break up now. I think it was the manager who said in the background, "you know the scenario right, its time to go back to being friends."

he isnt doing all that great now and she is really just floundering so i think Rex agreed to it, in part probably because its no fun for him anymore and he wants to go back to being alone. And probably to pick up his stalled career. Whether he sticks to his principals to doing the music that he wants to do or selling out remains to be seen.

But the one thing that doesnt make sense to me is that MV for the song. But i think it was just a scenario that was pulled out of nowhere. I remember wondering the same thing for the Fashion 70s drama and then actually watching the drama too. It related somehow but not directly connected to the drama itself as in how they met and such.

But the one thing that doesnt make sense to me is that MV for the song. But i think it was just a scenario that was pulled out of nowhere. I remember wondering the same thing for the Fashion 70s drama and then actually watching the drama too. It related somehow but not directly connected to the drama itself as in how they met and such.

Hehe...bellaangel...I thought about that too...

I think the MV that was released for that Tomorrow song could be Rex's original version of the MV...but that version was being edited to remove most of Hee soo's scenes ( in the drama)...

Do you remember the scene where Hee soo was riding a bicycle...the context within that MV was different than in the drama...they used the same scene but it the meaning was different.

Hehe...bellaangel...I thought about that too...

I think the MV that was released for that Tomorrow song could be Rex's original version of the MV...but that version was being edited to remove most of Hee soo's scenes ( in the drama)...

Do you remember the scene where Hee soo was riding a bicycle...the context within that MV was different than in the drama...they used the same scene but it the meaning was different.

I agree so im not going to take the MV so seriously and still consider that this drama is still up in the air. I dont know if its the intention of the script or the PD but i dont think we have built a climatic scene so far in which we can see how the drama will go. I personally thought that towards the end of ep 8, we see the climax of the HS and Rex relationship but then the SM and HJ thing is still up in the air. Now we have the wishy washy HJ who cant decide at all. I just hope that HS's character doesnt turn cliche or something.

I think that perhaps HJ and HS will reunite (perhaps HS using HJ as rebound from Rex) and maybe HJ leaving her. Hopefully Rex will have some genuine interest and love for SM (maybe she will be his unrequited love) (please please please) and her deciding to go back to HJ or vice versa.

I was rewatching ep 8 (ep 9 previews) and i cant tell if HS really likes Rex for who he really is or the star persona of him. I think her pride along with her ambition will probably be her undoing or maybe propell her into bigger stardom. The question is how much is she willing to sacrifice to get ahead. Her sense of dignity and herself along the way. Judging by how badly she wanted to the CF, i think she is willing to do both.

Guest babyangelgurl

Am I missing out on something?Who's Angela? :huh:

angela is a singer in the drama.

she's also rex's dance partner.

she was the one who replaced hee su after the whole mv incident.

angela is a singer in the drama.

she's also rex's dance partner.

she was the one who replaced hee su after the whole mv incident.

do you have pix of Angela????? i'm only on eps 4... :blush:

Archived