Guest thinkthoughts

It's been awhile since I found this thread and have been silently stalking on you guys to catch up with news on Yoo Ah In, though I very much prefer to address him as Hongshik ^^ . Thank you all for the lovely pictures and news. I'm really bad at this, hahah. But nice to meet all of you!! I've only discovered him this year, when I chance upon Antique Bakery. Definitely had to double take when I decided to watch SKKS, which I originally watched it merely for all they hype and popularity the drama received. So glad I did ^^ His acting really delivered, and heightened my interests in Korean culture even more. Can't wait for Wan Deugi to begin screening ^^

Yoo Ah In - Wandeukyi Poster Shooting Interview - English subbedMy link

Not sure if I'm posting this right. >___<

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Finally received SKKS DVD (US Version) yesterday...

No frills packaging... just the DVDs...

Just finished watching first DVD (episode 1 to 3)...

I don't think it has NGs or actor interviews... at least it is not listed on any of the DVDs...

Video quality wise, I couldn't tell the difference from watching DivX format... but then I don't have HD 1080p TV... and I am not into watching every pores on the actor's face!!!

Subtitle wise, I would rate it 4 out of 5... could have translated better in some places (everybody is a critic, right?)...

Was it worth sixty some bucks? I think so since I can share the DVD with my non-Korean speaking friends... I am trying to recruit more YAI fans! LOL

Guest tinysunbl

Some updates:

LAUNCH MY LIFE ENGLISH SUB

Jack & Jill NYC video

WANDEUKEE Poster Shoot and Cast Interview

Plus check out a NICE FANMADE VID

No news about sik's drama

Our Yoo Ah In Haven twitter account has over 1000 followers! Sik is truly an international star, haha. If you have not already, follow us for updates on TWITTER

@JC Unnie: I'm so glad to see you back! The book you read sounds so interesting. But I think I'll be sad to see sik in a third-wheel character again. How can I stand those eyes that are filled with unrequited love?

My fav Wandeukee still:

mbc-w-6.jpg?w=544

Guest tinysunbl

Call for all Yoo Ah In's fans at soompi:

JOIN SIK 25TH BIRTHDAY PROJECT

Yoo Ah In Haven is organizing a Birthday Celebration for Yoo Ah In with 3 special projects:

1. Fundraising for charity under Ah In’s name

2. Video or sketch-book

3. A Twitter FLASH MOB

We aim to make this an International Gift, with contributions from fan clubs from all around the world.

DETAILED PLAN

1. Fundraising for charity under Ah In’s name

NOW ACCEPT DONATION (Button on side bar)

Fundraising goal: $500

For what: We will consult Ah In’s manager to determine which charity he wants to donate

Ways to Donate

As Asha suggests, we will design and sell YOO AH IN HAVEN T-shirts, all profit will go to charity

Or Donate Nowand have a chance to win a 1.7 oz Burberry Summer perfume bottle

burberry-summer.jpg?w=300&h=300

More details about this here

2. Happy Birthday Video

More details on this later, but for now the video will probably have:

iconic picture of where you’re from (for example, Eiffel Tower for French, McDonald for US lol)

Happy Dday wish in your own languages

any fan-arts

videos/audios of you saying happy bday/ love confessions

3. Twitter Flash Mob

lol this one should be fun and quick. Everyone takes a picture of themselves with a bday wish in native languages and tweet it to @seeksik. Haven account has more than 1000 followers on twitter, so this is gonna be a BIG SPAM!

Details will be posted, but if you haven’t got a twitter account already, you can consider making one now for the BIG DAY. Follow us at @yooahinhaven and Sik’s account: @seeksik

Guest tinysunbl

One more poster and trailer is out

WATCH TRAILER HERE

2011901114.jpg?w=580&h=831

Yoo Ah In Birthday Project: Final Plan for Fundraising

Project: Charity Donation to Celebrate Yoo Ah In Birthday (Oct 6)

Project Leader/Treasurer: tinysunbl

Closing date/Last day to receive fund: Oct 6 (his birthday). We hope to finish the project by Oct 15th or the end of October

Objectives:

1. To present Ah In with a meaningful birthday gift since he’s immeasurably precious to us
  2. To let Ah In know the presence of his expanding international fans, specifically our fansite, Yoo Ah In Haven
  3. To enable fans from around the world to get together for a good, meaningful cause.

Our Partner: Misin Korea (Our very own ancientkingdom’s Korean fansite). Yoo Ah In Haven will acknowledge all other sites who join us: soompi, Thai Fan club, Vietnamese Eins House etc.

Choice of Charity:

We will partner with ancientkingdom unnie’s fansite, Misin, to work on 2 charitable activities:

• Donate 500kg of rice to the poor on the preview of the movie Wandeukee, Sept. 27.
  • We will send Wandeukee books and movie tickets to poor students. We aim to buy 200-1000 books and 500-1000 tickets.

Rationale of Charity Choice

These activities are proposed by ancientkingdom unnie. Instead of congratulatory flowers at the Wandeukee press preview event, it’ll be more practical to give rice for charity under Ah In’s name. Hopefully this will attract the press’ attention, which helps advertise for Ah In’s movie.

Because Ah In loves books and he is considered a celebrity who redefines “youth,” donating book and movie tickets of Wandeukee-an inspiring movie about youth- will have a positive impact on Ah In’s image. Furthermore, by donating we help increase the box office count for his new movie!

Donation Target

Misin (our partner) has already raised $2000. Haven’s goal is to raise $500-1000. Donation is voluntary. It doesn’t matter how much you give, since it is our thoughts that count. We do recommend USD$10.

Instead of the lottery, to encourage giving, anyone who donates more than $25 will receive a FREE YOO AH IN HAVEN T-SHIRT. (details about T-shirt designs and sizes will come soon! Those who donated less than $25 but before Sept. 4 will also get a T-shirt).

Mode of donation:

PayPal

Donation buttons are provided at Yoo Ah In Haven

Please note that there are admin charges (fixed and variable) imposed by PayPal. For more details on PayPal fees, please visit https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm…ay-fees-outside

Western Union

For those who does not have PayPal account, Western Union is another reliable way to send fund. However, there are small charges implied at the sender’s end.

To send fund via Western Union, you will need some personal information of me. Please send an email to me@ tinysunbl[at]yahoo.com if you wish to use this option.

Cash by registered mail

You can also send cash (Money order) to me via mail, please choose the mail service that has a tracking/confirmation number. Minimum amount should be USD10 (or more). Note: Please make sure you send out your mail at least 3 weeks before the closing date (Oct 6th)

Please send an email to me at tinysunbl[at]yahoo.com for the postal address.

If your mail arrive AFTER the closing date, you may choose to do the following:

• Request me to send the cash back to you.
  • Donate full or partial money to Haven for future expenses (for example, to keep domain name: www.yaihaven.com)
  • Therefore, please do make sure you send your donations out as early as possible to make sure it will arrive before Oct 6th.

For fans who live in the Philippines, please email janjher at janjher[at]yahoo.com for in-country donation plan.

For fans who live in Indonesia, follow @Furbabe and @SweetGodzilla on twitter for in-country donation plan.

Book-keeping

I will collect the donation, cash out the amount received (either at different phases or at the end of the project.)

After deducting off the bank/Paypal comission fee and minus T-shirt production cost, I will send the remaining amount (net of bank charges) to Ancientkingdom, then Ancientkingdom unnie will again be the messenger to carry out the charity deeds.

To ensure total transparency of this project, the following documents will be disclosed at Yoo Ah In Haven:

PayPal statement showing the name of Haveners, amount received, PayPal charges and local currency. Email address of payee will be displayed in Paypal’s incoming payment list. Therefore, to ensure your privacy, text after the “@” will be blurred out.

List of donations received via Western Union and mail. Updates on this will display your username and amount received. So please remember to specify your username and which group/site you are from.

Simplified statement showing the total funds raised, the net donations received via PayPal, Western Union and mail.

A scanned copy of the receipt from the Charity Organisation (ancientkingdom unnie will provide)

Guest tinysunbl

Hi Eeveryone, I just want to update that as of today Sept. 6, international fans have raised around $200. $300 more to reach our minimum goal. Please refer to the above post for details of how to give.

Launching the 2nd project:

Project: Birthday Video to Yoo Ah In

Project Leader/Treasurer: Ashasummer; co-ordinator: tinysunbl

Closing date: Sept. 20th. The video MUST be sent on Oct 6th, his Bday

Objectives:

• To present Ah In with a sweet, meaningful birthday gift since he’s immeasurably precious to us
  • To let Ah In know the support of his international fans via a gift that expresses the international nature of our community

Things you can do:

Take a picture of you with a landmark of your home, and of course a brief bday wish in your native language (and Korean). Example of fan from France:

ayg1a68cqaarzod.jpg?w=400&h=600

Send us other birthday wishes in writings, pictures, fan-arts, videos, audio recordings. Writings should not be more than 50 words. You can say the message in your own language. A Korean translation (so Ah In understands) will be appreciated. Make sure you include “happy birthday” in your native language.

Spread this message to recruit as many fans to join as possible.

Please send your message directly to Asha at <singularlyhappy[at]yahoo.com> and CC tinysunbl at <tinysunbl[at]yahoo.com>.

Have fun everyone!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Petrified

I have just seen the First Episode and WOW! Our dear AIN was a complete amazement <3 Great acting performance and great body as well ( hee hee hee XD) Hope ratings will be very high!!! More Power to Fashion King.

love and prayers here in the Philippines icon_smile.gif?m=1336659725g

• 1 month later...
Guest rebecca55
Live recap of Fashion King episode 14 starts in 30 minutes.  Dont miss out on how Young Gul (Yoo Ah In) tries to get back at Jae Hyuk for stealing Ga Young!  This drama is getting so good!

• 1 month later...
Guest AndOne

Hi everyone, my first post here ! I love YAI since SKKS and I came across this Soompi article,thought I post it here

http://www.soompi.com/2012/06/07/tv-daily-interview-with-yoo-ah-in-2/

I always love his interviews, very insightful :-B

• 1 month later...

class="content-title"BoA Reveals Teaser for “Only One” Featuring Yoo Ah In

By small_smiley

Link: http://www.soompi.com/2012/07/19/boa-reveals-teaser-for-only-you-featuring-yoo-ah-in/

120719_BoA_OnlyYouteaser.jpg

BoA is ready to make her Korean comeback! Less than a week away from releasing her upcoming album, SM Entertainment has just released a teaser to the music video of her new song, “Only One.”

“Only One” is a soft ballad that shows off BoA’s singing power. The music video features actor Yoo Ah In who plays BoA’s love interest. The video is set in a café and the concept is a complete turnaround compared to her last Korean single, “Hurricane Venus.”

“Only One” will be released online July 22 while physical copies of the album will hit stores on July 25. This will be BoA’s seventh Korean album, her last one being released last 2010.

Watch the teaser here and stay tuned to Soompi for more updates!