thanks JC unnie for sharing the pics! it looks like ah in is just doing fine! I really like the last pic - the one with the checkered shirt and headphones - he looks effortlessly cool!

@tinysunbl: lol - i'm not sure how i feel about guys carrying purses around though i must admit, it is a nice purse. yes! i know you have a crush on soo hyun too because i saw you comment on his thread (which is moving rather slowly, might i add) i absolutely love him in dream high too! But i think Ah In has a bigger portion of my heart :P hehe

@lemon_squeezy: yeah he looks kinda thin right in comparison to his geol-oh character. but he looks amazing anyway!

Yoo ah in is so cute and yet handsome ^^ I like him in "he who cannot marry." but he shined the most through ancient dramas. Especially the character he played as "Geol Oh" or "Moon Jae Shin". He looks so much better yet mature with his beard on ^^ heh. I adore his character in SKKS. it was good, and entertaining,

omg! he looks amazing!!!!!!!!! i've got something to share too!!!! I came across an article entitled "The 2011 rising stars of Chungmuro" and it mentions that our Ah In will be staring in a movie called "Wan Deugi"!!!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!! The article also mentions the projects taken on board by fellow SKKS co-stars, Park Min Young and Song Joong Ki!

You can check out the article at http://www.hancinema.net/the-2011-rising-stars-of-chungmuro--27707.html

Aren't you guys excited!??!?!? Our Ah In is making a comeback!

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Latest Sik News...

10fb6kh.jpg

유아인 소속사 스타케이 엔터테인먼트측은 "유아인이 최근 캐주얼 브랜드 잭앤질과 1년간 이미지 모델 계약을 체결했다. 지난달 미국에서 화보와 영상 CF 촬영을 마쳤다"고 2월 8일 밝혔다.

According to Yoo Ah In's representing company, Star K, "Yoo Ah In recently signed an one year modeling contract with Jack&Jill brand. He finished filming catalog and commercial last month in United States."

2011년 잭앤질 광고 캠페인은 어느 날 계획없이 문득 떠나는 유아인의 여행기를 콘셉트로 미국에서 촬영됐다.

2011 Jack&Jill advertisement concept is Yoo Ah In's spur of the moment (unplanned) trip and was filmed in United States.

한편 잭앤질과 유아인이 함께한 이번 이미지 화보와 영상광고는 2월 말부터 전국 잭앤질 매장과 홈페이지, 어플리케이션, 패션지 등을 통해 공개된다.

The catalog and the commercial will be available on Jack&Jill homepage and in magazines at the end of February.

Hmmm... the first picture looks like it was taken somewhere in Downtown Los Angeles... just my guess...

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Latest on Sik's new movie (?), 완득이 (Wandugi)...

According to following Naver Cafe... posted 2/7/2011...

Ainbaragi Naver Cafe

완득이 소식이요!! 2월19일 유아인씨 본 촬영전 리허설예정!!

첫 크랭크인 22일~25일사이에 진행!!

울 회사 캐스팅된 연기자와 씬별 리허설 예정. 장소와 시간은 미정

정확한 리허설장소나 시간은 정보가 입수되는데로 공지 하겠소

일단 내가 알고있는것은 여기까지!!

거의 대부분 셋리허설같은경우엔 비공식적드로 하오.

완득이 배우 캐스팅하는곳 직원분 트윗입니다!!!

Wandugi news! 2/19 Yoo Ah In to start rehearsal before filming starts!!

The first day of filming will be between 22nd and 25th!!

With the actors (casted by our company), scene rehearsal planned. Place and time undecided.

Once the rehearsal place and time is known, it will be announced.

At this point, that's all I know!

Most of the set rehearsals are done informally.

Above was Tweet from one of the employees of the Wandugi casting company!!!

Well~ I haven't found any news that confirms Sik's casting in the movie, Wandugi... so will see if above posting is true...

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Sik was on Section TV "Rising Star" section on 2011-02-13...

Here is raw cut (143mb, approx 13 minutes long)... click on cap to download...

20jl6w1.jpg

Sorry, don't have time to translate... but it's worth watching without the sub...

Just to watch Sik dance and sing!!!

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Ah In channels the world traveler for ‘Jack and Jill’

Apparel brand Jack & Jill has revealed that they’ve selected actor Yoo Ah In to be their image model.

While that may not sound surprising (Korean brand, Korean model), Jack & Jill is known for using only famous foreign models. Thus, their decision to hire Yoo Ah In caused considerable shock in the fashion industry.

Jack & Jill’s marketing manager, Lee Hye Jin, explained, “We chose Yoo Ah In not only because of his image as an actor, but also because he has a character that does not follow rules and enjoys freedom. We thought this character fits well with the image of ‘Jack’ so we decided to pick him as our image model.”

For his photo shoot, Yoo Ah In went to America and took pictures in various places, from metropolitian cities to deserts. They went with the concept of ‘Yoo Ah In’s impromptu trips‘. Interestingly enough, it’s said that Yoo Ah In personally styled his outfits.

The pictures and videos from his photoshoot will be revealed in their entirety through Jack & Jill’s homepage and through various fashion magazines by the end of this month.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/yoo-ah-in-channels-the-world-traveler-for-jack-and-jill

Sik was on Section TV "Rising Star" section on 2011-02-13...

Thanks for sharing that, Rxgoodleaf! I didn't understand most of it, but it was still really fun to watch. I've been itching to see him in a more interesting interview and I finally got my wish. :D The part where the interviewer turned up at the beginning and yelled "Geol Oh sahyung!!" was hilarious, LOL, and so was the dancing/singing. It's too bad he doesn't do variety shows.

Guest tinysunbl

Hi everybody, it has been a while!

Asha is the best. Always stop by to build up our thread. Also thanks, Migs, for spicing things up with those delicious gifs.

Here is something Furbabe@twitter and I have been working on:

YOO AH IN YOUTUBE CHANNEL

JC Unnie, can you put the link of the channel on the first post? We tried to organize all the vids into categories and in time order, so that it'll be easier to search and watch. Hope it works well.

Guest tinysunbl

Hi, I'm back!

@Migs and Asha: thanks for the header and youtube BG. They're beautiful!

@Everyone: So YAI is confirmed for Wandeuki. Anyone plans to get a copy of the book? I heard it's a "youth novel" that deals with a lot of heavy social issues such as immigration, disability, drop-out etc. I kinda see why YAI loves those disaffected youth roles. They're very similar to his own, right? Very not likely that we'll see much romance in this movie (sad face), but we'll for sure see what we want to see: YAI in boxing short ONLY^^

Guest Rxgoodleaf

v4ryqd.jpg

2/23 Sik uploaded above pics to his Twitter...

Confirmed Sik's next project is a movie, 완득이 (Wandugi)...

Sik is training "kickboxing" for the movie... does not sound like the filming has started...

Sik Ah, your boxing skills from the "Antique Bakery" coming back??? ;)

Guest adikkeluangman

Song Joong Ki’s relationship with Yoo Ah In became awkward after winning the ‘Best Couple Award’

On February 19th, actor Song Joong Ki guested on KBS 2TV’s “Entertainment Relay” and confessed that his relationship with Yoo Ah In became really awkward ever since the ‘2010 KBS Acting Awards‘.

Earlier, we reported that the two were nominated for the ‘Best Couple Award’ at the 2010 KBS Acting Awards for their roles as ‘Yeorim’ and ‘Geol Oh’ in “Sungkyunkwan Scandal“.

Although their characters were depicted as ‘just friends’, the relationship garnered enough interest and votes to eventually win the ‘Best Couple Award’. At the time, Yoo Ah In had wittily stated during his awards speech, “You all are really persistent!”

The reporter asked, “When you search for ‘Song Joong Ki’, Yoo Ah In’s name comes up in the related search term box. Do you guys still keep in contact?”

Song Joong Ki answered, “Honestly, it’s gotten sparse. Votes for us really dominated the ‘Best Couple Award’ poll, and it was actually quite surprising. I lost contact with Yoo Ah In after that (laughter).”

When asked to record a video message for his former castmate, Song Joong Ki stated, “I used to call you ‘Ah In-ah’ before, but I guess now it’s ‘Ah In-ssi’, how are you? It’s gotten a bit awkward.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/song-joong-kis-relationship-with-yoo-ah-in-became-awkward-after-winning-the-best-couple-award

Guest tinysunbl

Thanks, adikkeluangman, for the article. Aww if they're best friends in real life, it'd be incredibly cute. But I can see why it's getting awkward just by reading the R-rated fanfics^^

Sik has returned to movieland! and cute boy self. I'm excited!!!

@Asha: Best of luck with everything^^

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Sik news today...

2zdyty1.jpg

영화 '완득이'가 지난달 27일 서울 광문고등학교에서 크랭크인, 본격적인 촬영에 돌입했다. '완득이'는 불우한 가정환경 속에서 주먹질이 일상이 된 고등학생 완득(유아인)이 사사건건 간섭하는 막무가내 담임교사 동주(김윤석)를 통해 점차 성장해가는 과정을 그린 작품이다. 2008년 출간 첫 해에만 20만부가 판매된 데 이어, 지금까지 70만부 이상의 판매고를 기록한 김려령의 동명 원작 소설은 연극으로도 상연되어 8차 앵콜 공연에 돌입하는 등 출판계에 이어 공연계에서도 베스트셀러로 등극했다. 영화에는 연기파 배우 김윤석과 충무로를 이끌 차세대 스타 유아인이 나란히 캐스팅됐다. 전작인 '황해'를 위해 찌운 살을 빼고 '악역 종결자'에서 개성과 인간미 넘치는 캐릭터 '동주'로 돌아온 김윤석과 교복 차림이지만 한층 남성다워진 유아인의 새로운 모습이 눈길을 끈다. 영화 '완득이'는 올 하반기 관객들을 찾을 예정이다.

Brief translation:

Filming of "Wandugi" began 2/27/2011 in Seoul at Kwang Moon High School... depicting relationship between Yoo Ah In as Wandugi and Kim Yoon Suk as Dong Joo the teacher... based on the book that was published in 2008 and has sold over 700,000 since, a bestseller... also, the play "Wandugi" has been popular, going on with the 8th run... the movie will be released later half of the year...

Sik Ah~ Be healthy and safe during the filming!

And, of couse, wishing for 대박 (hugh success) with the movie!

Guest Melry

Antique is the first thing I've ever seen him in and he was so adorable. Since then I thought he was such a cutie and a good match with Kim So Eun in The Man That Can't Get Married. I fell for him totally in that especially how nice he was to Kim So Eun's character after she ditched him. I was anticipating so much for Sungkyunkwan Scandal and I'm so glad it didn't disappoint. He truly has matured and looks soooo good as the rough around the edges hero. Now, while I'm waiting for Wanduki I'm going back and watching all his older stuff. Just watched Shim's family today and Boys Over Tomorrow last week. I'm getting ready to watch Strongest Chilwoo soon. I'm becoming more and more obsessed with YAI!! Can't wait to watch him in his next thing, I hope he gets more and more work so I don't have to wait that long, lol.