Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

ploy1234

wow , what a beautiful poster pictures .

Thank you , only*rae won*!!

Thank you , ploy !!

:wub:

Our Prince looks amazing in white , i love those pictures with them ...they seams to have lots of chemistry i can't wait to see this drama  . And , and ... i observe her sandals , amazing design :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maria1983 said:

wow , what a beautiful poster pictures .

Thank you , only*rae won*!!

Thank you , ploy !!

:wub:

Our Prince looks amazing in white , i love those pictures with them ...they seams to have lots of chemistry i can't wait to see this drama  . And , and ... i observe her sandals , amazing design :)

Hi maria, I do agree with you - NICE sandals there. Like it, too. :P

• Like 1

Actors vying for next heartthrob position post-Song Joong-ki

Since the smash-hit drama series “Descendants of the Sun” ended its 16-part run, speculation has abounded about who might be able to succeed Song Joong-ki ?- who played the dashing Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin ?- as Asia’s leading heartthrob.

From medical dramas to period pieces, an ambitious roster of TV shows starring some of the country’s most in-demand male leads are scheduled to launch in the coming months.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Actor Kim Rae-won in “Punch” (SBS)

First up is the SBS show “Doctors,” featuring actor Kim Rae-won as a high school biology teacher haunted by his former medical internship, during which he accidentally caused the death of a patient. After meeting his student Hye-jung, played by the wildly popular actress Park Shin-hye, he is motivated to return to the hospital and become a neurosurgeon. The 35-year-old actor, who previously played a greed-driven prosecutor in the 2014 series “Punch,” will return as a warm character this time round.

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maria1983 said:

Morning !!

I wish to all a great day . :)

Thank you , willenette !! I am courios how he  accidentally caused the death of a patient :( .....

Hi maria, ahhh........we wait & see.......... KRW will always be in freaking doctor's suit here. It means his character will have a dorky or cute side - hahaha. I guess I would like this kind of look.  I’m sure he will look yummy. I hope "Doctors" will have a great script. I like the plo, though. Please let it be good! This drama is definitely worth watching! Honestly, I’m happy to have him in anything. I’ll watch anything he’s in. KRW in anything is always good news. :P

[bnt photo] Kim Rae Won Waves His Hand

zibfdb9x54hq2ffcglt6kwckl1ycdiz4.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn, photo by Baek Soo Yeon] Drama ‘Doctors’ held its production conference at SBS building in Mokdong, Seoul on June 15.

‘Doctors’ is about a man and a woman became doctors after their struggles in the past and it draws their growths and love while they work at a hospital. Kim Rae Won, Park Shin Hye, Lee Sung Kyung and others appear in it.

Meanwhile, ‘Doctors’ will air its first episode on June 20. (photo by bntnews DB)

icon_ttl_2depth_ps.gifbnt slide | Click on the photo you can see the next picture.

w69xvbhhsblz3rf8oevw20pl8cesu8ng.jpg

'Doctors' Production Conference 160615

source : http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=31074

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, willenette said:

maria, ye, KRW looks lean & fit unlike his past built, ahhh......I guess that was "Punch" days.......... :P

Yes , he looks amazing . And happy .

I can wait to see this drama . Seams optimistic ...and full of joy , and great moments of love .

WELL ...i am sure we will also have sad moments ... but not only that :)

• Like 1

Hello dear Raewoners....

sorry... I have been logged out of Soompi and could not get back in.

Thank you for articles and photos, @willenette

Thank you for the new fantastic posters, @only*rae won*. Love them.
Thank you for new stills @ploy1234 - both from the teasers and from the press conf. They are gorgeous :wub:. I really missed his smile...!

23 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi maria, I do agree with you - NICE sandals there. Like it, too

Me three.... @maria1983, you are very observant!

19 hours ago, maria1983 said:

I am courios how he  accidentally caused the death of a patient :( .....

Me too, @maria1983. Very curious. Also looking forward to seeing his journey back to medicine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Raewoners, Please vote for Doctors

Beautiful Mind or Doctors ? - HanCinema Question of the Day QOTD

http://www.hancinema.net/question_of_the_day.php?idday=514

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Doctors' Kim Rae-won makes witty comment to challenge 'Beautiful Mind' Jang Hyeok

photo734615.jpg

"Doctors" Kim Rae-won made a witty joke when mentioning about their competing drama, "Beautiful Mind".

Kim Rae-won, Park Shin-hye, Yoon Gyoon-sang, and Lee Seong-kyeong attended the press conference for SBS' new Monday & Tuesday drama, "Doctors" at SBS 13th floor hall on June 15th.

Someone asked Park Shin-hye and Kim Rae-won about "Beautiful Mind" competing with "Doctors"during the same airtime'. As the two medical dramas are broadcast during the same airtime, they are garnering even more attention.

Park Shin-hye said, ""Doctors" focuses on the relationship among people, doctors and patients, patients and their family members, and seonbae and hoobae. The hospital is just a canvas to present how people can change through the relationships when one person meets another" and "I think that is a distinctive difference from "Beautiful Mind".

However, Kim Rae-won took a brief moment before answering the question and said, "I feel a little sorry for Hyeok, but "Beautiful Mind"?" and "I will have so much expectation on you". His comments made people burst out laughing.

"Doctors" is sent to begin on June 20th.

source

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, irilight said:

Hello dear Raewoners....

Thank you for new stills @ploy1234 - both from the teasers and from the press conf. They are gorgeous :wub:. I really missed his smile...!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Raewoners, Please vote for Doctors

Beautiful Mind or Doctors ? - HanCinema Question of the Day QOTD

http://www.hancinema.net/question_of_the_day.php?idday=514

'Doctors' Kim Rae-won makes witty comment to challenge 'Beautiful Mind' Jang Hyeok

source

thanks irilight....they look cute together, sweet and natural, Raewon's handsome and manly. 

also 5 minutes highlight clip yesterday is amazing and i'm look forward to this one .

md201606151518361117_1.jpg

image_readtop_2016_429200_14659709382510

sc2016061501001221300084161.jpg

• Like 3

oh... Loving the long trailer... Thank you @ploy1234. Can barely wait.  Did you notice, Rae Won running again?   :wub:

Park Shin Hye And Kim Rae Won Reveal Why They Chose To Star In “Doctors”

Park Shin Hye And Kim Rae Won Reveal Why They Chose To Star In “Doctors”

The director and lead cast of “Doctors” have talked about story, character portrayal, reasons for choosing the project, and competition at a recent press conference.

On June 15, the “Doctors” press conference was held at the SBS headquarters in Seoul, with lead cast Park Shin Hye, Kim Rae Won, Lee Sung Kyung, andYoon Kyun Sang in attendance.

“Doctors” is a medical romantic-comedy drama about Yoo Hye Jung, a troubled rebel who becomes a devoted doctor, and her high school teacher, a man who fights for justice despite his own pain. The two overcome scars from their pasts, and become entangled in a once-in-a-lifetime love when they meet again as junior and senior doctors.

During the press conference, director Oh Chung Hwan states, “’Doctors’ is a story about people helping each other grow. We chose a hospital setting because it is a place where all kinds of situations come up and various human emotions are drawn out. Because it is a medical drama, we are diligently preparing so that we can proudly present it to viewers.”

He also expresses his affection for the cast. He says that he was worried because Kim Rae Won’s image in drama “Punch” was very strong, but was relieved to discover that he can blend into his character in “Doctors” very well.

Oh Chung Hwan is also full of praises for Park Shin Hye, who he calls “our Shin Hye” on set. He explains, “She’s someone who moves me everyday. She excels in both tenacity and popularity. She even filmed her action scenes herself without a double.”

The actress took on difficult scenes for the drama, including a fight scene in a nightclub, and a cut where she high kicks co-star Kim Rae Won in the head, accurately representing Yoo Hye Jung’s personality.

About Lee Sung Kyung, the director comments, “I always thought that she has a hidden charm, and she proved me right. She will be able to properly show her acting abilities, so I think the viewers will love her.”

Finally, he describes Yoon Kyun Sang as someone with a good heart, whose warmth makes people around him feel comfortable.

park shin hye kim rae won

The actors then discuss why “Doctors” appealed to them as a project. Kim Rae Won says, “It’s my first time playing a doctor. I felt burdened because the script has many cheesy lines, but I’m excited to play a bright role after so long since ‘Attic Cat’ and ‘My Little Bride.’”

He shares his thoughts on acting in difficult medical scenes, and says, “Director Oh Chung Hwan covers for my weak spots. It’s important for me to be able to effortlessly say medical terms, but I also have to authentically portray the emotions of a doctor, and he covers for me with other aspects.”

On the other hand, Park Shin Hye cites the interesting role and her teamwork with Kim Rae Won as factors in her decision.

She states, “The manuscript was fun and Yoo Hye Jung is a character unlike any I’ve done before. Moreover, I’ve always worked alongside people my age, so it’s nice to film with the reliable older Kim Rae Won.”

She distinguishes Yoo Hye Jung from other drama heroines and says that the character’s charm is being unrefined and very human. She explains, “She does not trust people, works hard alone, and doesn’t know how to love or give. She puts up walls because she doesn’t want to get hurt. I previously portrayed characters who freely express their love and embrace other people, so it’s refreshing to be challenging myself with a different role. However, it’s hard to say that I will break the mold. I can’t transform 100 percent.”

She shares that she and her character have some similarities as well in that they are both easy-going, and have been hurt by people when they started working at a young age, although their sources of pain differ.

Meanwhile, KBS is set to premiere another medical drama starring Jang Hyuk called “Beautiful Mind,” which will be airing on the same day as “Doctors.”

When asked about this, Park Shin Hye comments, “The unique focus of our drama is the process of people’s growth as they meet in the hospital setting. This is what differentiates ‘Doctors’ from ‘Beautiful Mind.’”

As for Kim Rae Won, he quips, “I’m sorry to Jang Hyuk, but, ‘Beautiful Mind?’ I’ll be looking forward to it.”

“Doctors” premieres on June 20 at 10 p.m. KST. Are you excited?

source

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, irilight said:

Hello dear Raewoners....

Thank you for articles and photos, @willenette

Thank you for the new fantastic posters, @only*rae won*. Love them.

Me three.... @maria1983, you are very observant!

Me too, @maria1983. Very curious. Also looking forward to seeing his journey back to medicine.

"Doctors" Kim Rae-won made a witty joke when mentioning about their competing drama, "Beautiful Mind".

Kim Rae-won, Park Shin-hye, Yoon Gyoon-sang, and Lee Seong-kyeong attended the press conference for SBS' new Monday & Tuesday drama, "Doctors" at SBS 13th floor hall on June 15th.

Someone asked Park Shin-hye and Kim Rae-won about "Beautiful Mind" competing with "Doctors"during the same airtime'. As the two medical dramas are broadcast during the same airtime, they are garnering even more attention.

Park Shin-hye said, ""Doctors" focuses on the relationship among people, doctors and patients, patients and their family members, and seonbae and hoobae. The hospital is just a canvas to present how people can change through the relationships when one person meets another" and "I think that is a distinctive difference from "Beautiful Mind".

However, Kim Rae-won took a brief moment before answering the question and said, "I feel a little sorry for Hyeok, but "Beautiful Mind"?" and "I will have so much expectation on you". His comments made people burst out laughing.

"Doctors" is sent to begin on June 20th.

source

Hi irilight, ye, maria has sharped eyes. :P I didn't even notice that until she mentioned it. But, the color is very striking, NICE. Thanks for sharing the article above. KRW has a funny & down-to-earth personality.....that's his side, which endeared him to many. I guess they're close since he could tease him like that. BTW, is Beautiful Mind a medical drama also? But, I like Jang Hyuk, I 1st discovered him when I watched Fated to Love You starring Choi Jin Hyuk also. I hope KRW's drama will be a HIT!  Can't wait. :P

• Like 1

Even veteran actors are rookies in TV series 'Doctors'

By Chung Joo-won

SEOUL, June 15 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's new medical drama series "Doctors" turned out to be a daunting challenge for even experienced actors like Kim Rae-won and Park Shin-hye.

Kim, a veteran with a 19-year-long acting career, said he felt pressured by his first medical drama and some of his "excessively cheesy lines."

"At first, I was confident about my first role as a doctor, but it didn't take long before I felt the pressure," said the 35-year-old actor in the press conference for "Doctors" in Seoul on Wednesday.

"I joined the drama late, immediately after shooting the film 'The Prison" with actor Han Suk-kyu. I try to reset myself for the new drama, but as soon as I started shooting, I threw myself into quite a challenge."

Actors Park Shin-hye (L), Kim Rae-won (C) and Lee Sung-kyung pose in the press conference for SBS' new medical rom-com series "Doctors" in central Seoul on June 15, 2016. (Yonhap)

Actors Park Shin-hye (L), Kim Rae-won (C) and Lee Sung-kyung pose in the press conference for SBS' new medical rom-com series "Doctors" in central Seoul on June 15, 2016. (Yonhap)

Kim said he owed much to the medical professors who stood by on set to help the actors with the medical scenes.

The SBS TV drama depicts a coming-of-age story of Yoo Hye-jung (Park Shin-hye), a female high-school bully who slowly changes, influenced by her supportive new homeroom teacher Hong Ji-hong (Kim Rae-won). Years later, they meet again in the cerebral department of a hospital as doctors and fall in love.

The Monday-Tuesday drama is set to launch on Monday at 10 p.m. after "The Royal Gambler." It only finished recording three episodes so far, according to the drama's chief producer Oh Choong-hwan, who is of the same age as Kim, the youngest of all SBS' drama producers.

Oh said "Doctors" is about "special encounters that leads to incredible changes and growth," crediting the two actors for beautifully bringing their roles to life.

From L: Actors Kim Rae-won, Park Shin-hye, chief producer Oh Choong-hwan, actors Lee Sung-kyung and Yoon Kyun-sang pose in the press conference for SBS' new medical rom-com series "Doctors" in central Seoul on June 15, 2016. (Yonhap)

From L: Actors Kim Rae-won, Park Shin-hye, chief producer Oh Choong-hwan, actors Lee Sung-kyung and Yoon Kyun-sang pose in the press conference for SBS' new medical rom-com series "Doctors" in central Seoul on June 15, 2016. (Yonhap)

In spite of Oh's compliment for Kim, the actor admitted that he had to "compromise" for "Doctors."

Cheesy, romantic lines are proven magic ingredients for Korean rom-coms these days, as seen in the mega-hit K-drama "Descendants of the Sun." Yet this was a trying mission for Kim, with serious roles outweighing romantic ones in his filmography.

"I was embarrassed, or intimidated, when I first saw the lines in the manuscript. Only after I began acting them out did I realize how cool those lines could be."

Age made him shy about those lines, but the producing crew cheered him up, reminding him how "cute" he appeared while blurting out those lines, the actor said.

Kim seemed to have much to say about the heroine, Park, regarding her "tremendous action skills."

Actress Park Shin-hye poses in the press conference for SBS' new medical rom-com series "Doctors" in central Seoul on Wednesday. (Yonhap)

Actress Park Shin-hye poses in the press conference for SBS' new medical rom-com series "Doctors" in central Seoul on Wednesday. (Yonhap)

Park, best known for her small screen roles in "The Heirs," "You're Beautiful" and "Pinocchio," admitted that she was nervous about her first-ever action scenes.

"I learned that exercise surely make things easier," she said, pointing at the night club scene where she flaunted second-to-none high kicks.

The 26-year-old poured so much effort into the scene that she could not "get up the next day."

"Later I did think that I overworked myself in the action scenes to the point that I should have slacked on certain things. But now I think the outcome will be worth the effort."

Having played mostly good-girl types, Park showed much ambition for her new role, as a resistant, devil-may-care student from a troubled family.

"Yoo Hye-jung is a character with the guts to do whatever she wants to. Watch her whip out a high kick, and you will see how wild and untamed a girl she is."

The actress claimed herself a "passionate fan of Kim from long ago," pleased to act with someone she can depend on.

Actors Lee Sung-kyung (L) and Yoon Kyun-sang pose in the press conference for SBS' new medical rom-com series "Doctors" in central Seoul on June 15, 2016. (Yonhap)

Actors Lee Sung-kyung (L) and Yoon Kyun-sang pose in the press conference for SBS' new medical rom-com series "Doctors" in central Seoul on June 15, 2016. (Yonhap)

The two main supporting actors of "Doctors," actress Lee Sung-kyung and actor Yoon Kyun-sang who played Yoo's co-workers in the same hospital, also came to the spotlight.

Lee, a super model-turned actress who played Baek In-ha in tvN's romantic series "Cheese In the Trap," was pinpointed as the most anticipated actress in the drama, according to the producer and the production staff. The 25-year-old is the youngest main character in the drama.

"This girl, Jin Seo-woo, is someone who has never experienced a loss in anything, say, academic performance, family and friend relationships," she said.

"This cheerful girl begins to become self-critical and jealous as she becomes threatened by Hye-jung in love, friendship and other important things."

The actress said she did her best to depict someone "who has a hard time admitting that she is hurt."

Bags of "starmi," or piles of charity rice dedicated by fans to support their stars, are stacked in the lobby of SBS headquarters in Seoul on June 15, 2016. The starmi is from the fan clubs from Taiwan and China for actor Yoon Kyun-sang. (Yonhap)

Bags of "starmi," or piles of charity rice dedicated by fans to support their stars, are stacked in the lobby of SBS headquarters in Seoul on June 15, 2016. The starmi is from the fan clubs from Taiwan and China for actor Yoon Kyun-sang. (Yonhap)

Yoon, another rising star actor of "Doctors," showed love for his character, Chung Yoon-do.

"Yoon-do is a warm-hearted man in the guise of a rich, sassy perfectionist," said Yoon. "He is the sort of guy that you can never hate."

Among the 'Doctors' crew, Yoon is called "the secret weapon" whose scenes will multiply in sweetness and fun, according to Kim.

The 29-year-old was openly elated about working with two beautiful colleagues.

"I mostly worked with male actors. 'Doctors' means a lot to me," he said.

jwc@yna.co.kr

(END)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, willenette said:

I guess they're close since he could tease him like that. BTW, is Beautiful Mind a medical drama also?

@willenette, Yes, Beautiful Mind is also a medical drama. Not only that - it is also about neurosurgeons.
From what I have read, Doctors will focus more on the individuals and their relationships, and Beautiful Mind will focus more on medicine. Who knows if that is the case really, or only speculation?

More press conf. photos

Ck-aTBkWgAEecjp.jpg

Ck-aS4HXEAAbxCg.png

Ck-GbeMWEAAgHST.jpg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, irilight said:

@willenette, Yes, Beautiful Mind is also a medical drama. Not only that - it is also about neurosurgeons.
From what I have read, Doctors will focus more on the individuals and their relationships, and Beautiful Mind will focus more on medicine. Who knows if that is the case really, or only speculation?

More press conf. photos

irilight, thanks for sharing the info, dear - I guess I would love watching this drama once in a while - hahaha because I love anything about medical. But, wait - they're on the same timeslot with Doctors, right? Hahaha - Guys, don't throw stones at me, huh? :D Also, thanks for sharing more presscon photos. :P

• Like 2

doctors holds press conference

docc9

Spoiler

I wonder if Kim Rae Won feels the generation gap between himself and his younger co-stars. He does appear quite sheepish, embarrassed and a little awkward while the trio of young actors are busy pulling all sorts of aegyo.

Anyway, Kim Rae Won’s outfit is the only one I like among the cast, while I swear every other actress seems to be sporting bangs. I hate bangs in any form. There. I’ve said it.

Park Shin Hye seems especially giggly around Kim Rae Won – I don’t watch her projects (except the abysmal Heirs because of my man Lee Min Ho) but I think he may be the oldest leading man she has acted alongside in a drama. She starred opposite Go Soo in the movie, The Royal Tailor. I caught the movie and she had woeful, almost non-existent chemistry with the charismatic Go Soo. Hopefully, she’ll do better with Kim Rae Won. Overall, based on the teasers, the drama looks to be an easy watch.

docc1

docc2

docc3

docc4

docc5

docc6

docc7

docc8

photo credits as stated / https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/doctors-holds-press-conference/

Spoiler

• Like 3