[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Guest 9jill9

@katkat09, @berny, @mumfu
IU in a Disney musical/movie would also be something that has possibilities.  I can also see her in something like Korean version of MFL.  Although I think Loen has enough materials that they can put together Mia, Good Day, You and I, and Red Shoes and make that into a musical.  That could be interesting too although that may not be something that they may want to do.
As for a duet with WooYoung, @kimsoyeon18, I think I'd rather hear one between IU and Jung Joon Young since I've already heard one between IU and WooYoung for DH.  :P   I just heard him singing the OST for PM and I'm kind of curious to see how they will sound together.   ;;)

9jill9 said: @katkat09, @berny, @mumfu
IU in a Disney musical/movie would also be something that has possibilities.  I can also see her in something like Korean version of MFL.  Although I think Loen has enough materials that they can put together Mia, Good Day, You and I, and Red Shoes and make that into a musical.  That could be interesting too although that may not be something that they may want to do.
As for a duet with WooYoung, @kimsoyeon18, I think I'd rather hear one between IU and Jung Joon Young since I've already hear one between IU and WooYoung for DH.  :P   I just heard him singing the OST for PM and I'm kind of curious to see how they will sound together.   ;;)

@kimsoyeon18....Fantastic another win for uri IU....look what she can do without promoting....very proud of her. ps how are you feeling?....kwenchana?
@KatKat09...chingu she would be awesome in a movie/drama similar to Roman Holiday.....she would be a Princess and about time too I say....for IU to play a Princess...tour around Rome incognito with a handsome man...kekeke!!!                images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS307iSLA0vFFh5NVR-zTn       images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0b71opwJwD7n8pVKkz1t
                images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmsTch1uQrZEzTS7GYL_o     images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZEwdZCa_2IMl0Nu-kWR3@9jill9 chingu I would be very interested in a duet by those two.  Jung Joon Young has a lovely deep masculine voice....do you know anything about him?

class="at_title"IU Nabs The Number 1 Spot On Billboard's K-Pop Hot 100 For Another Week With 'Friday' Featuring HISTORY's Jang Yi Jeong

By Jesse Lent | January 03, 2014 10:30 PM EST

iu-continues-her-reign-over-the-k-pop-ch
photo: KBS

IU continues her reign over the K-pop charts as her new duet "Friday" with HISTORY singer Jang Yi Jeong remains the number one song on the Billboard K-Pop Hot 100.

"Friday," which debuted last week, ties the Billboard K-pop chart's record for the most number one singles by any artist.

Although the chart was only established in 2011, the distinction puts IU in good company. IU is tied with girl group SISTAR, and pop rock trio Busker Busker with four number one singles over the Billboard K-pop chart's brief history.

read more here

Found some article about IU... :)

class="at_title"Yoona and IU – From Idols to Actresses!yoona-and-iu-from-idols-to-actresses.jpg

It's about time we stop referring to them as idols turned actresses.
Girls' Generation Yoona and IU were both awarded at the 2013 'KBS Drama Awards.'

At the December 31st KBS Drama Awards, Yoona was given the Best Acting Award in the mini-series category, as well as the Best Couple Award. IU was given the Best Rookie Acting Award and Best Couple Award.

Yoona is currently starring in KBS 2TV's "The Prime Minister and I," which aired its first episode on December 9th. She plays the part of journalist Nam Da Jung. Just like a flower blooming, Yoona has blossomed into a seasoned actress, and has been receiving high praise for her role.

What about IU? She had her acting debut in 2011 with KBS 2TV's "Dream High." This year she starred in KBS 2TV's "You're the Best Lee Soon Shin" and was acknowledged for her acting talent. Currently she's the lead female role in KBS 2TV's "Pretty Man," and is doing a fantastic job acting alongside Jang Keun Suk.

One of the reasons why Yoona and IU's success is so interesting is that they both debuted as singers, not actresses. Even despite their busy music schedules, they're successful in both areas.

In the beginning of their acting debut, they were marked as "idol turned actresses," and considered eye candy for the drama or just a hot topic. But thanks to their individual efforts, they're now standing by other actors who debuted as actors. Their hard work and efforts have paid off, as is evident with their acting awards.

Of course, there are still some people that still think it's too early to remove the title 'idol turned actresses.' And it's just something that Yoona and IU will have to work even harder to overcome.

But the two definitely deserve to be commended for having come this far. Instead of simply thinking of these two as just singers, it's about time we look at them as actresses.

source: http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/71699/20140102/yoona-iu-idols-turned-actresses.htm

@Leouna @babysmile @jazernette @vanna012
hi-onion-head-emoticon_zps0a8cc490.gifwelcome_zps482043dd.png

So sorry for being late to welcome all of you!! I join the others in hoping you'll enjoy your time with us here.
By the way, I totally agree that uri IU can take on an Audrey Hepburn role like Sabrina, Roman Holiday.... My Fair Lady would actually be perfect because she can also showcase her singing. And no diss to Audrey Hepburn here because I am a long-time AH fan, but there won't be any singing controversies (90 percent of AH's singing in the film was dubbed).
And regarding a Disney movie, she would actually be ideal, from a talent perspective, as well as a persona perspective. If any of you are Disney fans, I think we can all agree that IU would easily fit the Disney mold.
In regard to duets, I'm totally open since uri IU has already shown that her voice and singing style can harmonize well with others. I have yet to hear a duet where she doesn't sound good with her partner.
@kimsoyeon18  Hope you're feeling much better, chingu!!

Okay...random comment here.  I think IU looks beautiful with her bobbed hair cut, but I'm really looking forward to watching as her hair grows out and how the varying lengths will look on her. I know she's gone through this process before, but the shape of her face has changed a little bit in the last couple of years.  Am interested also in seeing whether her coordi will change up the style of her clothes.  I commented on another thread that I think she's actually going through a transition period right now. TBH, I haven't been totally in love with all the choices they've made on her outfits...some of them yes...and then others no. The style of the dress she wore for the KBS Drama Awards definitely said 'young actress'.  For the next drama awards that she attends, am hoping they hit the right note between youthful, stylish, yet sophisticated.  :-? :-?

Another random comment.  I know uri IU's departure from Immortal Song 2 way back when was met with some controversy.  I bet she could really kill it should she ever decide to try it one more time.  Don't you think??
mouse-girl-emoticon-53_zpse0d3b9e6.gif

Guest 9jill9

A quick visit today to drop this here since I miss seeing pretty IU.  
사용자첨부이미지

by the way, @mumfu, i know very little about him besides the fact that he is o we got married

This is the tutorial how to become the member of IU Daum fancafe. Thank you so much Squishy for this big effort. It means a lot to us. Cr. iujjang @squishy_blob
You can check the original tutorial from this link. http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/post/72262293317/tutorial-how-to-join-ius-uaena-daum-fancafe
[Tutorial] How to join IU’s Uaena daum fancafe
Part 1/3 : How to create a daum account(The following tutorial is accurate as of 5 Jan 2014.)
1. Go to DAUM.NET. Click on “회원가입”.tumblr_inline_myvw8hGcKa1qz9xe6.jpg
2. Click on ‘이메일가입' (the option on the right side).
tumblr_inline_myvwbrj1sr1qz9xe6.png
3. Type your email in the 1st box and press the ‘인증번호 재방송' button. Check your email and enter the verification code (6 numbers) in the 2nd box and press the '확인' button. (Check your spam mail or all mail too in case! If you exceed the 10 min time limit, press again for another verification code.) Type your name in the 3rd box and tick the two checkboxes then press '다음단계’.
tumblr_inline_myvwpxTKZM1qz9xe6.png
4. Next, an ID will be automatically generated for you. You can change it if you want (3-15 characters). Type a password (at least 8 characters), then press the ‘가입완료' button.tumblr_inline_myvx61W26k1qz9xe6.png
5. Tadah! You now have a daum account and email account too.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Part 2/3 : How to verify your identity
This can get complicated ㅠㅠ and most people are stuck at this step, but it’s necessary to verify your identity to join the Uaena fancafe, in case you’re an alien or robot or something… (Pictures below taken from 2am fancafe tutorial.)
1. Go to the Uaena daum fancafe, scroll to the bottom and click on ‘카페 고객센터' (Cafe customer service centre). Then click on the '고객센터에 문의하기’ button at the bottom right corner.tumblr_inline_myvz319pzt1qz9xe6.png
For “문의분류”, select “일반이용문의" from the dropdown menu.For “카페 주소”, write in your Daum username@hanmail.net (this is your Daum email address)For “제목”, write in “실명 확인에 대하여”For “내용”, write in “나는 외국인입니다. 아이유 유애나 카페 가입하기위해 실명 확인을 부탁합니다. 신분증 사본을 첨부합니다. 감사합니다! <Sign off with your full name as it should appear on your ID/passport>”Upload a passport or ID scan/photo. Ignore the rest of the stuff below.Click on ‘등록' to send the message!tumblr_inline_myvz44zMeb1qz9xe6.png
3. They will probably send you a confirmation email to acknowledge your request. Once Customer Service approves you, you should get an email that looks like this to your Daum.net email.tumblr_inline_myvzdmlfqp1qz9xe6.png
Note: (It wasn’t so smooth sailing for me though. They made me ensure that my member details were filled up here. Then I had to email the following and attach my passport scan again to send to csmaster@daumcorp.com
- 아이디: (User ID)- 고객님 이름: (Real name as of passport)- 회원정보에 등록된 이름: (Name written in member details)- 회원정보에 등록된 연락처: (Phone number written in member details)- 회원정보에 등록된 메일 주소: (Alternative email written in member details)- 본인확인이 가능한 신분증 사본 첨부 (Passport scan attachment)
And finally they were convinced that I was human. Yay!!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Part 3/3 : Joining IU’s Uaena daum fancafe
1. On the main page of the fancafe, click on ’카페가입하기' on the left side and log in.tumblr_inline_myw0a1DMeH1qz9xe6.png
2. Your identity should already be confirmed if you did Step 2 right. So you just need to fill in the answer to the question ‘IU 정규1집 타이틀곡 제목?(영어대문자로)’ / The title song of IU’s first full-length album? (in capital letters in English). The answer is ‘BOO’. Don’t forget the capital letters. Click ‘확인' to join and you should be in!

3. But you soon realise that as a ‘Member’, you can barely do anything until you become at least ‘Boo’. You can then view most boards and see IU’s posts under ‘From.IU’, but you can’t reply to her posts, until you level up further. It’s really tiring and you have to apply and renew that every few months, so don’t bother unless you know Korean. Follow the instructions below to become ‘Boo’.tumblr_inline_myw0rn5bsW1qz9xe6.png
4. On the 등업신청 board, type in the box at the top and make sure you lock your post so only the administrators can view it.tumblr_inline_myw15mOGy71qz9xe6.jpg
5. Copy and paste the following into the box and change the parts in italics to your own answers. Click ‘등록' on the right to submit once you're done.
1.) 이름 / 닉네임 / Daum아이디 / 성별 / 나이
→ Name / Nickname / Daum ID / Gender / Age
2.) IU의 본명과 생년월일
→ 이지은 / 930516
3.) IU의 데뷔 앨범명과 타이틀곡
→ Lost and Found / 미아
4.) IU의 노래중 가장 좋아하는 노래와 그 이유 (30자 이상,특수문자금지)
→ Your favourite IU song and the reason (at least 30 Korean characters; no special characters allowed)
5.) 카페 활동과 관련하여 각오와 IU에 대한 응원글 (엔터금지, 특수문자금지)
→ Why you want to join the fancafe and support message for IU (In Korean; don’t press the enter button; no special characters allowed)--------------------------------------[ A note regarding your choice of nickname: ]
tumblr_inline_myw1xsIQVj1qz9xe6.png
6. If you’re successful, by Monday or Thursday, when you click on ‘내정보' on the left, your level should change to 'Boo'.tumblr_inline_myw2bloMJT1qz9xe6.png