[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

9jill9 said: OMG, we HAVE to vote for this one and start early unlike that other MWAVE poll - the hottest onscreen romances of 2013.  IU and Jo Jung Suk are there!Gosh, why are we so late in knowing about these polls!

http://mwave.interest.me/star/poll/vote.m?poll_seq=215#gnb_header_language

Will post this in JoU forum too! Unfortunately, I think this poll is yet another popularity contest. lol. But I will vote diligently till the end!

9jill9 said: akinahana89 said: 9jill9 said: OMG, we HAVE to vote for this one and start early unlike that other MWAVE poll - the hottest onscreen romances of 2013.  IU and Jo Jung Suk are there!Gosh, why are we so late in knowing about these polls!

Will post this in JoU forum too! Unfortunately, I think this poll is yet another popularity contest. lol. But I will vote diligently till the end!
The thing that makes me a little frustrated is that they started this on 12/10 so we are 4 days late in getting started on voting for this.  :| I'm going to vote so that they at least are not the couple with the least vote.  They deserve to at least be within the top 3. I agree, so I will be voting daily. Even if they can't get the top spot, I want them to reach as high as they can go. :D

Saw this picture of IU for her MT-Epilogue 
165621907_5.jpg
She looks good!  I wish they would allow her to be styled to look this good in PM at least once.

class="subject"[sTARCAST] "This time, she is not Bo Tong (average) but special IU "

naverenter | 2013.12.13 17:01
last updated | 2013.12.13 20:09

165608343_4.jpg
I came to outdoors in a long time. But, a chilly wind is blowing~. The temperature that a thermometer is pointing at is already below zero. To avoid this cold weather me, IU, took out the long padding jacket first. Are you guys thinking that it is an outdoor shooting for the drama for KBS 2TV drama ‘The Pretty Man’? No, no, that is never it. 

If there are fans who are quick at noticing things, then wouldn’t they have already noticed? The truth is that Kim Bo Tong can never pursue that kind of style. The character ‘Bo Tong’ that we know ties her front hair with a rubber band and uses Christmas tree socks that others have thrown away as her bag and so is a character represents out-datedness (?)

165621907_5.jpg

Also, don’t you think even the image is different? I threw away characteristics that are trouble-making and acting very silly that is of usual ‘Kim Bo Tong’. If you could see the beauty of being mature from the way I stare at the camera, than you guys guessed it right. The deep make-up and elegant short hair, yes, I am ‘IU’, not Kim Bo Tong.
165629293_1.jpg

more >>>

Hello, The readers of 'STARCAST'. I am sending my greetings for the first time. I am IU, who came back with warm characteristics. During the last week, because of a special photograph shooting in Seoul, I came to outdoors. The vintage dress and a green coat, and even an adorable wink… I am not sure whether you guys will like my change that is in a completely different way.

165636483_3.jpg
Now, the real outdoor shooting has officially begun. Like I told you before, the weather on this day was very chilly. However, the outfit for the shooting was somewhat thin and light. But, if I am a professional, then this is not a problem at all. I closed my eyes, drew my hair back with one hand and posed naturally.
165639392_6.jpg
This photograph was shot with an image that is somewhat more natural and relaxed. The truth is, I managed to make a time (!) to shoot from my already busy schedules due to shooting for the drama so this shooting was somewhat tough and tiring. But even then, I should not forget about the lively and refreshing smiles that are exclusive to IU, right? With a bright laughter, I tried making the mood at the shooting site happier.

165646931_7.jpg
I gave changes to the atmosphere a little. Are you guys thinking of IU who is still young? I now became an adult who the mature and grown-up image is not awkward to me at all. I even boldly got a haircut and now my hair is short. All I did was to only slightly draw back my hair…, But, you guys kind of can get the sense of what it is like, right?
165650361_8.jpg
I am good enough to be called as a winter woman right? The brown hair and eyelashes and even burgundy lipstick, the mood is now perfect. The truth is, I am still not confident with the way I pose for the camera. For that reason, I chose to… raise the collars of my coat. Am I a little bit trendier now?
165656966_9.jpg

But, the kind of personality that I have most confidence in is being naïve and innocent. I made a ‘V pose’ that is uniquely exclusive to Kim Bo Tong. It is just certainly a ‘little girl’ IU right? Even after becoming an adult, I guess I can’t do anything with this playful DNA. With this, the outdoor shooting that took place in the middle of the winter was successfully wrapped up.
165702004_10.jpg
We now moved to a warm studio to continue shooting. Ta da~ I am about to finally reveal what all this is about. On October, I released and promoted my 3rd album ‘Modern Times’. Due to my busy schedules, I promoted the song for only 4 weeks. Fans also were sad because of I promoted the album for only for a short time.

But, the one who was sad more than anybody else was me, IU. So, I prepared a surprising special gift. On December 20th, I decided to release the repackage album ‘Modern Times- Epilogue’. All the shooting I have done this day was nothing but to shoot for the cover photo of repackage album.
165708077_11.jpg
I gave radical changes to the mood that the outfit gives. I tried to emphasize the mood of being drowsy. I tried on the hat and made various facial expressions and especially tried to give off winter vibe, I tried various natural poses. Even the way I am holding the hat looks at ease right?

The repackage album has total of 15 songs. Two more songs have been added to the original album ‘Modern Times’, which has 13 songs. ▶ What I want to emphasize here is the fact that I took part in writing the lyrics and composing the song. I have included sweet songs that match with the winter season and at the same time, unified the mood with the songs that are already listed.
165713445_12.jpg
I even shoot together with a dog and changed my outfit into a comfortable knitted dress. Don’t you guys think the dog’s round eyes resemble my eyes? Because of the obedient dog along with an adorable look, the atmosphere at the site became heartwarming. Will this dog like my songs?

The titles of the newly added songs are ‘Let’s meet on Friday’ and ‘Crayon. The title song is ‘Let’s meet on Friday’, which has an acoustic pop genre with the melody that is medium tempo. The vocal Jang Ee Jung from ‘History’, a junior group in my agency, featured the song.

This is a song that I both took part in writing lyrics and composing so I hope you guys look forward to it more and pay closer attention.
165721305_13.jpg
This is the last photo and I have to say bye to the dog also. With all of my sad emotions aside, I will introduce another new song ‘Crayon’. It was the song used for the drama ‘The Pretty Man’. I wrote the lyrics and KZ and Electric man composed the song. It has a bossa nova rhythm with a  vintage sound along with swing, brass and percussion and so on, creating a harmony.  

We usually think of winter songs at the end of the year right? So, I am singing about the love of a woman who fell deeply into love. I wonder if you guys know the feeling of wanting to say ‘I like you’ every day and wanting to confess. For me, with just regards to emotions, rather than being light and not serious, I think it is best to experience its maximum even when I know that I am going to regret it. I put those thoughts straight into the song.

The shooting at the studio is all over. It is a cold weather but I hope my voice can be a present to a lot of people at the end of the year. I hope everyone have a warm end-of-the-year with IU and “Modern Times- Epilogue’. The ‘readers of STARCAST’, I will come back in an even more lively way. Until then, please watch out for the cold. 

165731285_%25BE%25C6%25C0%25CC%25C0%25AF

Written by = IU

Edited by = Na Ji Yeon(Dispatch)
The picture provided by = LOEN Entertainment
source: http://m.star.naver.com/iu/news/end?id=2038568

shabbychic said: I just saw the article on nbuzz about pretty man and seriously I shouldn't have read those stupid comments. IU is bad at acting??? Whatt ???? She is by far one of the best idol-actress out there but people are too busy hating on her for her past "scandal" to see that. Honestly pretty man is a good drama, that's why it's really frustating to see how people react.

Almost forgot this.  :P
A.  SBS MTV Best Of The Best3 ways:1.  via facebook https://www.facebook.com/sbsmtv/app_184555241746988 

don't remember all the steps correctly but here are some hints:
you have to like it first and then click on the yellow button with the words 투표하기then it allows you into the voting site
2.  via webhttp://www.mtv.co.kr/mini/2013-best-of-the-best
(choose Best 투표 in the yellow line/bar area)
limit once per day3.  via sottyfor those who have a smartphone, i saw that you can install soty http://soty.sbs.co.kr/v3/m/post/sns?post_id=10017102314

REMEMBER:  30% facebook, 30% web, 30% sotty, and 10% judges votes
B.  Mwave - the girl who became the brightest swan in 2013
http://mwave.interest.me/star/poll/vote.m?poll_seq=212

C.  akp award (endurance test at its finest)
http://www.allkpop.com/2013awards#best_female_solo

http://www.allkpop.com/2013awards#best_idol_turned_actor
D.  Mwave hottest onscreen couple of 2013

oh and happy holidays people!  11 more days till christmas and 18 days till new year!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFaozYVnpYsbAeNiIAWPk

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"[M MAGAZINE] IU's Pink Shoe Teaser Making Film HD

Enjoy!

I was rewatching this video and there is an interesting question:

I found this part interesting.
Q: Between Unni and dongseng, who does IU feel more comfortable with, closer to?  A:  Unni
I immediately thought of Yoo Inna when she said that.  I love their friendship. 
One another thing, her new manager has been her manager for about a year but he started going with IU doing the drama.The chipmunk manager really prepared him well so that the new manager can take good care of IU.  I really miss the chipmunk manager but I can definitely tell that he really cared for her.  I hope her new manager comes to care for her as much as her chipmunk manager did/does.

akinahana89 said: I came here to ask about the repackaged album. lol. Seems like the news of that has already been posted, so I won't post it again. However... I am concerned... I want to purchase the repackaged album, but there are only 10,000 copies. Does anyone know of any sites for international fans, like us, who have a chance of scoring a copy of the album? I want to prepare myself to fight for it. LOL.

Eng said: akinahana89 said: I came here to ask about the repackaged album. lol. Seems like the news of that has already been posted, so I won't post it again. However... I am concerned... I want to purchase the repackaged album, but there are only 10,000 copies. Does anyone know of any sites for international fans, like us, who have a chance of scoring a copy of the album? I want to prepare myself to fight for it. LOL.
I'm going to buy it too. I think we should check for kpoptown. I heard from Squishy that Korean website would get some spares and they won't sell all limited copies in the shop. I wish we both could get it. Don't forget the time. Dec 20th at noon KST time. Oh, good! Thanks for that info. I was concerned that all 100,000 copies would be sold in shops only, so we wouldn't ever stand a chance. lol. I'll check out kpoptown, for sure. I hope they'll have it. Maybe they will release more information closer to the release date.

akinahana89 said: Eng said: akinahana89 said: I came here to ask about the repackaged album. lol. Seems like the news of that has already been posted, so I won't post it again. However... I am concerned... I want to purchase the repackaged album, but there are only 10,000 copies. Does anyone know of any sites for international fans, like us, who have a chance of scoring a copy of the album? I want to prepare myself to fight for it. LOL.