[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

I used to think the same way but a lot of those idol boys seem so immature and self centered. More than anything, the whole Hyukjae incident turned me away from shipping in general. I did like Yoo Seung Ho and Lee Joong Ki. I am on my cell otherwise I would include their awesone photoshoots. For some reason I can see those pairing working too.

Guest armourinverse

I just started watching "You Are The Best, Lee Soon Shin" and IU is so good.
It doesn't hurt that she's amazingly cute as well.

I just started watching "You Are The Best, Lee Soon Shin" and IU is so good.

It doesn't hurt that she's amazingly cute as well.

Hahah... wecome fellow IU appreciator! She is cute and more! Watch the latest episode of IU on running man. She is so funny and xute on that one.

i will be honest i shipp IU to wooyoung the milky couple because they are sweet together 

:x :x :x

WooU couple was cute. It was like watching 2 puppies. ;)

But my all time favorite right now is the JoU (Jo Jung Suk) couple. They have rapport, chemistry, and that indefinable something that just seems to click.

class="content-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"IU Tells Why She Can No Longer Do Her Magic Trick on Stage24.jpg

On October 21, singer IU appeared on SBS Power FM’s “Kim Chang Ryul’s Old School” as a guest. On the show she talked about her recent comeback and showed off her volubility.

In their conversation, DJ Kim Chang Ryul expressed his awe saying, “I saw the magic trick with the chair. You suddenly disappear.”

IU replied to his comment and said, “It’s a magic trick done with the chair,” and added, “But I can’t do the trick anymore because the chair broke,” showing her disappointment.

DJ Kim Chang Ryul asked how the chair broke and IU answered, “My clothes got caught on the chair while I was trying to do the trick. The chair fell as I fell,” explaining how the chair broke.

Nonetheless, DJ Kim Chang Ryul cheered up the mood and made IU laugh by saying, “Well, since you can’t disappear anymore, people can see more of IU.”

=Soompi=

Hahah... wecome fellow IU appreciator! She is cute and more! Watch the latest episode of IU on running man. She is so funny and xute on that one.

Welcome!! IU is really amazing. I don't know how she is being cute, beautiful, and amazingly sexy at the same time. This is really weird. Does she have magic or something?? ^^

Annyeong yeoreobon,

A very warm greetings to you from down under.  It's 8am Tues 22/10 the sun is shining brightly, the birds are singing, my lawn is covered in daisies so Spring has finally come and I have IU's Modern Times songs playing, ( still waiting for my Special Edition ), what a lovely way to start the day.

I see there is a buzz about the PM drama, I am sure confirmation of the cast will be released this week as time is of the essence.  I too wondered if the postponement of uri IU's activities in Japan was an indicator of her acceptance for the drama role. 

If the answer is YES then she obviously has good reasons for such a decision.  This drama will put her with another cast of incredibly talented actors, and hopefully a better PD and Script writer ( who will do justice to the plot and actors. ) from which she will learn more of this craft and really strengthen her skills. 

Just as IU will learn from her colleagues about 'acting' she will charm all with her personality ( down-to-earth, caring, honesty, respectful, humility ), her spirit ( purity of heart, laughter, warmth, courage, spunk, kindness ) and work ethic ( focus, commitment, enthusiasm, diligence ).  There is so much more to say about uri IU ( talent, values etc ), which I am sure they will discover.  IU will give just as much as she gets, this drama will be advantageous for her on many levels.

As a Uaena I trust in her decisions what ever they maybe and I will always support her choices.  The challenge I face is learning to be 'Patient' as I am always searching/craving for news of uri IU.  Fortunately for me/we have an abundance of goodies with the MT Album release and the promotional circuit she is doing.  So I for one look forward to seeing her grace our small screens once again, earlier than expected I must admit, but I'm a happy Uaena for it.

Welcome to new members @ioi and @armourinverse  kumawo for your support of IU.

Yeoreobon I don't know who this person is, but this is an excellent review, especially the last sentence.

tumblr_mv1b71BeKC1ql3b9bo1_500.png

IU is a solo artist and pop idol from South Korea. Her third full length studio album, the somewhat ironically- titled Modern Times, dropped a couple of weeks ago and has been the talking point for many listeners of South Korean music. The twenty year old singer – real name Lee Ji-eun – has made new ground in Korean popular music by creating an album based on jazz, swing and Latin music. This is a huge step away from IU’s previous work and the work of many other contemporary artists in the Korean pop music scene. It seems the 1920s revival ushered in by the likes of Michael Bublé, Boardwalk Empire and Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of The Great Gatsby was not limited to the Western world. It is because of this that Modern Times makes a great listen for anybody with a taste for cross-cultural music.

The earliest song which stands out on the album is the second track, named “Everybody Has Secrets”. This song features Ga-In from the girl group Brown Eyed Girls who (as of this moment) 568,173,299 of you will recognise from PSY’s “Gentleman” video. The track has a very noticeable bossa nova edge to it, complimented by soft yet husky vocals from both singers.

Following this comes “Between the Lips (50cm)”. The track has the aura of a lounge singer in a smoky bar in a film noir, making it one of the most interesting songs on the album. Although a short piece, it stands out because of the beautiful and (again) husky vocals by IU and the wonderful, slow string and piano arrangements by the album’s musicians.

The two most remarkable song on the album come side by side; single “The Red Shoes” and the title track. “The Red Shoes” is definitely the catchiest track on the album, where IU displays her vocal range backed by sweeping string instruments and horns. This optimistic single reflects the tone of the album, or at least what IU was aiming for with it. It is an uplifting and spirited track which takes nods from a spectrum of genres from the era IU is attempting to portray whilst maintaining a strictly Parisian feel, reflected by the song’s music video. Much of the same can be said for its successor track “Modern Times”. This cheerful nugget was described by our own Editor-in-Chief Alex Quinn as having the feeling of a Pixar soundtrack, and you can absolutely see why. The characteristic oboe and clarinet you’d hear in those movies are at play here, whilst IU’s vocals supplement the music with a nostalgic and enthusiastic finishing point.

Sadly, however, this is where the album peaks. The remainder is often samey, and whilst I do still enjoy listening to it, none of the residual tracks have quite the same effect as those two songs. That said, IU’s vocals and the orchestral composition of the record lingers, making the album worth listening to in full. For fans of Korean music, they’ll be pleased to hear the voices of SHINee’s Jonghyun on “A Gloomy Clock”, Yang Hee-eun on “Daydream” and the award-winning Choi-Baek Ho on “Walk With Me, Girl”.

On the whole, Modern Times is a great album. Language barrier aside, it’s possible to enjoy beautiful singing and musical arrangement as much as this. Much like G-Dragon’s Coup D’etat, this record does not carry the watermarks of Korean pop music which makes for a breath of fresh air for fans of that scene. The album pushes the boundaries in a manner unseen in both the West and the East, and as a result really makes good for a listen. Modern Times should be a candidate for one of the best foreign language albums of the year, and should be a welcome reminder that pop music and elegance are not incompatible.

★★★★★★★★☆☆ #modern times #music #kpop #review #8/10 #8 #eight #POSTED BY: KIERAN

I agree that IU should steer clear of dating idols and date actors instead. Male idol fans are batsh-- crazy. @-) @-) @-) But... if she does happen to have feelings for one... Well, what can you do? lol. The heart wants what the heart wants.

So whenever IU meets that special someone, if she hasn't already (JoU! JoU! JoU! Kekeke), then I will just be happy that she is happy. And if the guy turns out to be an idol, I will have my shield and pitchfork at the ready to defend her from nasty netizens and online posters who have nothing better to do than to bash a celebrity couple.

akinahana89 said: I agree that IU should steer clear of dating idols and date actors instead. Male idol fans are batsh-- crazy. @-) @-) @-) But... if she does happen to have feelings for one... Well, what can you do? lol. The heart wants what the heart wants.

So whenever IU meets that special someone, if she hasn't already (JoU! JoU! JoU! Kekeke), then I will just be happy that she is happy. And if the guy turns out to be an idol, I will have my shield and pitchfork at the ready to defend her from nasty netizens and online posters who have nothing better to do than to bash a celebrity couple.

9jill9 said:
akinahana89 said: I agree that IU should steer clear of dating idols and date actors instead. Male idol fans are batsh-- crazy. @-) @-) @-) But... if she does happen to have feelings for one... Well, what can you do? lol. The heart wants what the heart wants.

Okayyyy... my guess is right, the announce the news very early in the morning. I already prepare my self but still... cant help but still shocked!!IU CONFIRMED for Pretty Man alongside Jang Geun Suk, Lee Jang Woo and Han Chae Young.I really don't know what to think XDDDDDDDD

edensor said: Okayyyy... my guess is right, the announce the news very early in the morning. I already prepare my self but still... cant help but still shocked!!IU CONFIRMED for Pretty Man alongside Jang Geun Suk, Lee Jang Woo and Han Chae Young.I really don't know what to think XDDDDDDDD

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201310220824131210blockquote class="Quote" rel="edensor">Okayyyy... my guess is right, the announce the news very early in the morning. I already prepare my self but still... cant help but still shocked!!

IU CONFIRMED for Pretty Man alongside Jang Geun Suk, Lee Jang Woo and Han Chae Young.
I really don't know what to think XDDDDDDDD

Oh..I was about to post. You were faster! This is an article.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201310220824131210

IU confirmed for the lead role on upcoming drama, "Pretty Man"

f58a9c2b598f9fbe8a0fececf4802390.jpg

Songstress IU is confirmed to play the female lead role on upcoming drama, "Pretty Man." 

On October 22nd, a press release confirmed that after recent discussions, IU will play the female heroine on "Pretty Man," alongside Jang Geunsuk and Lee Jangwoo. She will be playing the role of Kim Botong, an ordinary poor girl who has a big liking for JangGeunsuk's character. 

"Pretty Man" is a drama based on a comic book series by Chon Kyeyoung. It is a story about the prettiest man, who gains a lot of opportunities and money with his appearance. The drama is scheduled to start airing on November 20th after "Secrets." 

Source: MyDaily

Anyways, now that I'm home, here's some of her old photoshoots that I like
IU with Lee Seung Ho - Guess Photoshoot

tumblr_majipjO5O81ry4o9ro1_500.jpg   6911677090_c4a8384f67_b.jpg
116FD4334FB906F01FBB69

iu and yoo seung ho pose for g by guess fw catalog  ae s 0 IU and Yoo Seung Ho pose for G by GUESS’ 2012 F/W catalog

IU with Song Joong Ki - Le Coq Sportif
FaTXl.jpg
IUSongJoongKi6.jpg

and of course just IU by herself
IU modeling for Le Coq Sportif

IU confirmed to star in 'Pretty Man' as a 4D girl who has a crush on Jang Geun Suk

IU has now been confirmed for her next production,'Pretty Man', meaning she'll be starring alongside the already confirmed Jang Geun Suk in the new KBS 2TV drama.
As mentioned before, IU will be taking on the role of Kim Bo Tong. Like her name which means 'ordinary' or 'average' in Korean, the character is an ordinary girl but has a lovable charm. She also crushes on the 'pretty man', Dok Go Ma Te (Jang Geun Suk), whom she fell in love with at first sight during middle school. Everything she does is for him, and she'll do all that she can to protect her love for him with her 4D ways. Reportedly, she'll find herself in a love triangle with him as well as Lee Jang Woo's character Choi David.
'Pretty Man' is a story about a man with a pretty face who manages to capture the hearts of females easily, and through them, he gains not only riches and power, but also later learns what's truly important in life.
The drama is set to premiere following 'Secrets' so you'll be seeing IU back on the small screen again soon! (allkpop)