[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

131014 Translation of Newsen article

Jonghyun whom recently did an interview with Newsen revealed the story behind “Depression Clock” which was given to IU. “It was originally written as a song for myself. But because (I) normally have music discussion with IU, I thought of asking her how to compose so I passed it to her, in the end on the next day afternoon, she asked me to sell it to her.”

Just like the topic, the word “depression” appeared 20 times and above in this song’s lyrics. Jonghyun said “(I) used 2 to 3 hours to complete it. Had insomnia because due to some depression, just thought of that day’s event and wrote it like writing a diary, so the lyrics are a bit diary-like.”

He further added, “But this song is not to let one feel depressed upon listening to it. It’s a song written for one to let go of the blues. Just to bear with it and wait for a while more and everything will be better, it’s a story to comfort oneself.”

Credits Chinese translation: yoyoyuan
English transltion: eimanjjong

source: eimanjjong

Annyeong yeoreobon,

Uri IU is so expressive her natural charm shining through like the brightest star.

iumushimushi Follow tumblr_muo0v0Sfkt1rlzlwyo2_500.jpg tumblr_muo0v0Sfkt1rlzlwyo3_500.jpg tumblr_muo0v0Sfkt1rlzlwyo4_500.jpg tumblr_muo0v0Sfkt1rlzlwyo5_500.jpg tumblr_muo0v0Sfkt1rlzlwyo6_500.jpg tumblr_muo0v0Sfkt1rlzlwyo7_500.jpg tumblr_muo0v0Sfkt1rlzlwyo8_500.jpg tumblr_muo0v0Sfkt1rlzlwyo9_500.jpg tumblr_muo0v0Sfkt1rlzlwyo10_500.jpg tumblr_muo0v0Sfkt1rlzlwyo1_500.jpg

20131014 IU on KBS Hello Counsellor Screencap

cr: Kira

iumushimushi Follow tumblr_muo0kfWA5G1rlzlwyo2_500.jpg tumblr_muo0kfWA5G1rlzlwyo3_500.jpg tumblr_muo0kfWA5G1rlzlwyo4_500.jpg tumblr_muo0kfWA5G1rlzlwyo6_500.jpg tumblr_muo0kfWA5G1rlzlwyo8_500.jpg tumblr_muo0kfWA5G1rlzlwyo9_500.jpg tumblr_muo0kfWA5G1rlzlwyo10_500.jpg tumblr_muo0kfWA5G1rlzlwyo5_500.jpg tumblr_muo0kfWA5G1rlzlwyo7_500.jpg tumblr_muo0kfWA5G1rlzlwyo1_500.jpg

20131014 IU on KBS Hello Counsellor Screencap

#kbs hello #20131014 #screencap #by iumushimushi 12 notesLoading...Show more notes                            

IU bares her back for 'Ceci's November pictorial

IU_1381712764_af_org.jpg

IU went for a mature look not only in her album, but also in her newest pictorial!

She posed for the November issue of 'CeCi'. The concept of the shoot was 'The Return of the Queen', rather fitting for her recent comeback. Her photoshoot was actually not only on the Korean CeCi, but also China's and Thailand's as well.

It's her first photoshoot with CeCi since 3 years ago, and she fittingly wore a crown in one of the photos for her concept. Check out some photos here!

IU_1381714448_20131013_iu_ceci2.jpg

Source: AKP

Instiz releases chart rankings for the second week of October 2013

Ga-In-Soyu-T-ara-IU-seo-in-young-busker-

The Instiz chart combines the overwhelming variety of charts that South Korea uses to rank music sales, and it's also what fans use to determine whether their favorite artist has achieved an "All-Kill".

Check out the chart rankings for the second week of October (October 7 to October 13) below!

Instiz Chart Singles Ranking

1. IU - "The Red Shoes" - 41,457 Points

2. Busker Busker - "First Love" - 28,212 Points

3. IU ft. Ga-In - "Everyone Has Secrets" - 18,550 Points
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbsAoStljdw&feature=player_embedded

4. Busker Busker - "Too Much Regrets" - 11,967 Points
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL-JtlbGUhk&feature=player_embedded

5. Lim Chang Jung - "A Guy Like Me" - 11,848 Points

6. T-ara - "Number 9" - 11,183 Points

7. Soyu & Mad Clown - "Stupid In Love" - 10,865 Points

8. IU ft. Park Joo Won - "Love Of B" - 10,206 Points
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjFhi-3Py0A&feature=player_embedded

9. Seo In Young ft. Gaeko - "Love Me" - 10,048 Points

10. IU - "Between The Lips (50cm)" - 9,917 Points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XAHzjUQLS8&feature=player_embedded

Source: AKP

WOOOHOOOOO!! GO, IU, GOOOOO!!!

[131015] IU reveals her thoughts on MBC Radio Jung Oh’s Hope Song

[​IMG]
IU had participated in a speed quiz on MBC Radio 'Kim Shinyoung's Jung Oh’s Hope Song'.

On that day, IU had worn a training suit on top of her stage outfit revealing, "Being on a radio show is my healing time while trying to digest my busy schedule. I told my company that I would be fine going anywhere as long as in between I could go on a radio show."

During the speed quiz, Kim Shinyoung had asked IU about recieving a Daesang for acting to which IU replied "I don't even dream of getting a daesang."

When asked about filming for a movie, IU answered, "I won't act in movies. Although I'm thankful that some offers came in, I can't do it because I'm afraid. I also didn't have time for it because I was preparing for my album but I was still thankful."

Regarding which actor she would like to act with, she responded, "I try to not talk about guys. Articles will come out and make things complicated." To this Kim Shinyoung jokingly responded, "If you don't want any articles to come up you can say people's names that won't make an issue. Like Lee Gaein or Park Geunhyung sunbaes".

Kim Shinyoung had also asked, "In what areas do you think you are better than Suzy" causing IU to become flabbergasted. Kim Shinyoung then explained, "Since both of you guys are good at singing, acting and are known as the nation's little sister it would seem as if you would get compared a lot."

To this IU had shyly admitted, "I'm a year older than Suzy but the only thing that I'm better at is having longer hair." Kim Shinyoung tried to comfort her by responding, "That's good, as long as you have good hair roots."

IU later revealed how she had gotten her stage name. She confessed "I was not in the position to not like my stage name 'IU' since I was just a trainee. The company had also considered the name 'Jiheun' since it was similar to my real name. However, due to the pronunciation issues, the company had decided to go with the name 'IU'."

IU had then picked Yoo Inna when she was asked which celebrity would be the most willing to help her when she was in trouble. She added, "Although I never borrowed money from her, I think she would lend me money when I need it. I think she would give me 2 big checks if I needed it." After hearing this Kim Shinyoung had asked, "By two big checks do you mean 2 hundred million won?" to which IU denied it saying "No, that's way to big" causing laughter in the studio.

IU had also mentioned that she had gained a lot of weight after filming her drama. She replied, "the sunbaes treated me very well, giving me lots of food so I had to lose weight for my comeback. Although I lost weight, I'm still a bit chubbier than I was back when I was promoting 'You and I'."

Kim Shinyoung then asked about her diet, to this IU answered, "I had one apple in the morning, 2 sweet potatoes and 2 bananas in the afternoon, and drank 1 glass of protein water. I ate like this and exercised like crazy for 5 days so I was able to lose 5 kg. However, since I'm promoting now I'm not on a diet anymore. But I have to be careful about the yo-yo affect."
Source: http://weheartiu.com/forums/threads/131015-iu-reveals-her-thoughts-on-mbc-radio-jung-oh’s-hope-song.9235/