[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Taxi driver sentenced for secretly recording and broadcasting conversations with passengers including IU

IU_1379951041_af_org.jpg

Starting in 2009, a taxi driver set up a camera and wireless equipment in his car and started to do live broadcasts of his passengers.  The driver would give advice to his passengers and even sing along with them while the camera fed everything live to the internet.

As luck would have it, the 'taxi reporter' caught a lot of attention when IU happened to enter his cab and sang a song in July, 2010.  

He appeared on SBS's 'Dalgona' in June 2011 to tell about this run-in with IU.  He said, "I didn't know it was IU who had entered the taxi and asked her to sing IU and Seulong's 'Nagging,' only then to find out my passenger was IU.  I was very surprised and felt like I had won the lottery."

Afterwards, he received an invitation to IU's concert and even appeared on KBS2's 'Quiz Show.'

However, two people filed a lawsuit against the taxi driver due to suspicions he was violating the Protection of Communications Secrets Act for filming without his passenger's prior consent. 

They said, "Since he asked about our jobs and marriage plans, we only replied, but he had broadcast everything without our consent.  I didn't know he was doing a live broadcast until I left the car."

In response, the taxi driver said, "Regardless of whether it was wrong that I didn't tell them beforehand, the content was not stored as it was a live broadcast and some parts of the content were not delivered because the internet connection got disconnected."

However, on September 23, a judge of Seoul Northern District Court gave him probation for 2 years and a suspension of qualifications for 6 months (meaning he can't work as a taxi driver for the allotted time) for releasing the conversations without permission.

He is currently denying guilt and appealing the decision.

source: AKP

LOEN Entertainment undergoes reorganization to become a multi-label system

IU_1380000036_af_org.jpg

LOEN Entertainment will be converting their artist management and music production business into a multi-label system.

LOEN Entertainment stated on the 24th, "We will be reorganizing our unified production business, which we've been running for the management of current artists, into separate labels, and through continued investment, we aim to expand our production business." 

There will be two labels under this multi-label system: 'LOEN Tree Label' and 'Collaboddari Label'. LOEN Tree Label will be under the direction of producer Cho Young Chul and it will house IU, Sunny Hill, History, Kim Suk Hoon, and Jo Han Sun. 

Collaboddari Label, on the other hand, will be under the direction of none other than hitmaker Shinsadong Tiger. It will include a lineup of Zia and FIESTAR.

The multi-label system will allow each to bring something different to the table in terms of content with different genres of music and style with two talented producers as their heads.

Source: AKP

13 days                               until Monday October 07 2013

tumblr_mtmzhdQZN91sg4w2go1_500.png

IU's agency Loen Entertainment speaks up about rumor-spreading perpetrator

IU_1380035196_af_org.jpg

In order to protect IU, her agency Loen Entertainment has responded severely to the perpetrator who has spread rumors about the artist's pregnancy and impending marriage.

They caught the perpetrator on the 23rd.  On September 24, a representative of Loen Entertainment revealed more of their thoughts on the situation through a phone conversation: "We are in the process of investigating the perpetrator who continuously spread malicious rumors about IU on the internet."

In regards to whether this recent turn of events will become a hindrance to IU's October comeback, the representative said, "There is a need for precautions coupled with her comeback.  However, as we left the rumor alone, people came to believe it."

They also considered the fact that the person who spread this rumor was not a minor but an adult.  The representative said, "The person is of age to make personal judgment calls.  However, the perpetrator continued to spread the malicious rumor.  We are waiting for the prosecutor's investigation.

This happens to other celebrities, not just IU.  These days, there are so many young celebrities that it seems to be a bigger problem.  The negative issue was resolved through this corrective measure, so we hope it will be a good precedence for the entertainment world."

The representative also revealed that IU had planned to meet the perpetrator as soon as he or she were caught, but for now, they want to keep observing the situation to see how it progresses.  However, it was said that, "It seems unreasonable for the artist to meet the perpetrator directly as she was very hurt by these actions."

Source: AKP

I'm really happy with the way LOEN is handling this issue with the person behind those malicious IU rumors. They are doing an excellent job of protecting IU, her image, her reputation, and portraying that they are an agency that will take appropriate action. They are even caring about IU's emotional well being as a result of that man's actions. It's also great timing that they were able to finally begin clearing this up in time for IU's comeback.

AKP is full of nasty people with nothing better to do but post negative comments about IU or still believing in those ridiculous rumors, but that's okay because IU has enough fans who will support her and fight for her. We've got her back and LOEN most certainly does too. It takes a lot of time and effort to sift through all the comments netizens are posting, so to personally delete every negative comment on their websites related to the "scandal" and the boy involved and the rumors... Well, let's just say I have a lot of respect for her agency - even more than before.

Guest iheartyou1518

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"[Teaser 2] IU(아이유) _ Walk with me, girl(아이야 나랑 걷자)

Guest violet9004

LOEN really give IU a freedom to chose the type of song and genre for this album.. maybe its time for LOEN let IU show to all that she is someone with a great musicality and not just some random idol. she really showcase her unique voice in both of the teaser and can i just say its awesome how LOEN make the teaser so classy and not a typical MV in Kpop.. no matter how she will do in chart or in the music show in future but i can sure you that this album will put IU into a different level and shed the idol status and became a real musician even some of article start saying that IU is not an idol but a musician.. LOEN really did a great job in this.. :)

Her new album is really interesting. Each song seems to be different in term of style and genre. Her acting is also really good. We can see from the first teaser that she looks very sexy and it's from her acting, from inside, not because of the clothes. And the second teaser, she looks classy, feminine, and mature. I'm very excited for the full album. Can't wait. I'm being like crazy waiting for her new teaser every other day. LOL