[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Guest adikkeluangman

IU shows off her “Golden Trophy”

The “nation’s little sister”, singer IU, uploaded a selca of herself with her ‘bonsang’ trophy from the “2010 Golden Disk Awards“.

On the night of December 9th, IU wrote on her me2day, “Wow! I won a trophy! This year was really…T T “, along with a picture of her kissing the trophy.

IU received the ‘digital bonsang’ alongside 2AM, miss A, CNBLUE, Lee Seung Gi and a few others. Despite the fact that it was her first appearance at the awards show, she demonstrated a maturity and charm which separates her as one of the best new artists in a long while.

IU will be making her official comeback on December 10th through KBS 2TV’s “Music Bank.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/iu-shows-off-her-golden-trophy

IU gets teased as Yoo Seung Ho’s stalker

Singer IU was hilariously teased as Yoo Seung Ho’s stalker on a recent episode of SBS TV’s “Heroes.”

In order to secure a bigger income for the opening of the show’s charity restaurant, the “Heroes” members set out to call close celebrity friends and invite them for the restaurant’s opening.

IU, who previously sang a duet song with Yoo Seung Ho, offered to call him personally, exciting the older cast members as they were also fans of the actor. Unfortunately, Yoo Seung Ho didn’t pick up IU’s call, causing the rest of the cast members to be disappointed. Shin Bong Sun and Narsha teased, “You know, we could ‘call’ Won Bin and Jang Dong Gun that way too.”

MC Lee Hwi Jae pushed IU further by asking, “IU, are you by chance Yoo Seung Ho’s stalker? Maybe only you know his number.”

Fortunately, IU didn’t give up and persistently called his cell until Yoo Seung Ho picked up. The members were unable to contain their excitement and began flooding him with questions and compliments.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/iu-gets-mistaken-as-yoo-seung-hos-stalker

IU won the mutizen on Inki today!!! WOOT WOOT.

she looked so out of place and nervous during her thank you speech hehe, probably too happy to remember what to say hehe.

anyways, congrats to IU!! and i saw Nicole hugging IU and Seul Ong patting her head in the end <3

Today's Winner is IU(Dec 19, 2010)

thx CodeAnalysisSeason2 @ YT for the upload

Guest adikkeluangman

IU and KARA’s Kang Ji Young receive opposite reactions on vocal talent

KARA’s Kang Ji Young and IU have been receiving divided responses from netizens regarding their vocal talent, especially after appearing back to back on the same music show.

IU recently made her comeback on KBS 2TV’s “Music Bank” with “Good Day” and showed off an impressive three octave pitch. Netizens were unable to contain their amazement, commenting that she had vocal talent that left goosebumps on one’s arms.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/iu-and-karas-kang-ji-young-receive-opposite-reactions-on-vocal-talent

Guest adikkeluangman

IU will be granting the wishes of five lucky fans

Singer IU has opened up a surprise event for her me2day fans!

On December 10th, she wrote, “The me2day event where I make your wishes come true will be until December 25th~ I’ll be listening to the wishes of five people~~ ^^ I’ll be looking forward to your unique replies~ me2day replies go~“.

Along with the post, she uploaded a cute picture of her posing at the camera. Over 20,000 fans have participated in her ‘wish event’ thus far, commenting, “I want to learn how to sing from you!,” “I want to have a stare battle with you!,” and “Please send me an invitation when you hold a concert later!”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/iu-will-be-granting-the-wishes-of-five-lucky-fans

Netizens create IU parodies for her ‘Good Day’ performance

Netizens have been creating various parodies for IU’s amazing 3-octave performances of ‘Good Day’ on KBS ‘Music Bank‘ and MBC ‘Show! Music Core’ this weekend.

The video combines various climatic scenes from movies and cartoon shows such as the ‘Terminator’, ‘Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny’, and ‘Dragon Ball Z‘, synchronized with IU’s singing as the background music. Amusingly, this series has been named the ‘X3 Booster Collection‘ to match IU’s three octave hit.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/netizens-create-iu-parodies-for-her-good-day-performance

Guest adikkeluangman

IU thanks her fans for their support

Singer IU recently uploaded a picture on her me2day while in the waiting room for SBS’s “Inkigayo.”

IU wrote, “One cycle of promotions completed! Thank you for giving your love and interest. Thank you for your concerns over my vocal cords as well. I was worried I’d get a response of people saying, “Higher! Go higher! You need to go higher to get my acknowledgement!”, but instead people were giving me love. I’ll take care of my throat. Thank you and sorry for making my fans lose their voice from cheering me on <3″.

In the photo, you can see IU in the lavender-colored outfit she wore in the performance, with her dead-straight, long hair streaming past her shoulders.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/iu-thanks-her-fans-for-their-support

Guest adikkeluangman

IU and Jung Yeob to sing Christmas carol for ‘A Concert for Beautiful People’

Singers IU and Jung Yeob are scheduled to participate in a collab for a Christmas special coming this December 18th during MBC’s ‘A Concert for Beautiful People’.

The two harmonized perfectly during the recording of their performance for ‘Blessings on Christmas‘, which was complemented by the delicate sounds of a full 50-membered chamber orchestra, and expectations are unsurprisingly very high.

Some spectators in the audience expressed, “It is a really special Christmas carol,” “Their voices both sound really sweet and well-suited,” and “It felt like a dream, listening to a duet with two of the best singers.”

IU’s performance of her album track “Merry Christmas in Advanced” is also set to be broadcast on the show.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/iu-and-jung-yeob-to-sing-christmas-carol-for-a-concert-for-beautiful-people

Composer Lee Min Su thinks IU could go even higher

Hit composer Lee Min Su praised IU’s vocal talent in an interview with Star News.

Lee Min Su is the well known name behind many of the current hits, such as Brown Eyed Girls‘ “Abracadabra,” IU and Seulong’s duet track, “Nagging,” and most recently, IU’s “Good Day.”

“Good Day” features a fairytale-like atmosphere with the feel of a musical due to the elaborate horn session in the background. The ‘three level octave’ that IU manages to reach near the end of the song has already stunned music listeners, giving birth to many hilarious parodies.

The composer expressed, “I worried a lot since she had to sing at such a high pitch for a long time in one breath, but we both had a lot of fun with it while recording. She was amazing and got it done in just three tries. I believe she can go even higher.”

He continued, “She’s still young so her voice can still change, but I believed this was the age at which she could best handle the three level octave, so I made sure to include it in the song. It’s the highlight of her song, basically.”

IU’s third mini-album, “Real,” is already ranking in on major music charts and taking over search portals for her singing talent. The industry was busy praising IU even before her comeback, with plenty of big names in the industry lending a hand and personally promoting the young singer themselves. Some include Yoon Jong Shin, Kim Hyung Seok, Choi Kap Won, Shinsadong Tiger, Jun Seung Woo, and PJ.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/composer-lee-min-su-thinks-iu-could-go-even-higher

IU ordered to protect her vocal cords

Singer IU has been ordered to protect her vocal cords, due to the stress they’ve been straining under between her busy comeback activities and her school life.

IU’s agency, Loen Entertainment, revealed on December 15th, “IU is having difficulty managing her vocal cords while promoting her album and attending school. As it is a song that emphasizes a high pitch, a lot of people have been raising voices of concern over whether it’s putting too much strain on them. We are taking special care of it.”

After debuting with “Missing Child” in 2008, IU showed signs of suffering from vocal cord nodules. Although she recovered, many are fearful of it possibly returning and even getting worse, especially with her current busy schedule. “Good Day“ features a high pitched note towards the end of the song (nicknamed the ‘three level octave’), and it’s been revealed to forcing much strain on her throat.

Another representative continued, “IU is adamant about performing live. Even when she is not in a good physical condition, she remains stubborn on live performances. We’re currently doing everything we can to protect her throat and are working hard to make sure she gets enough rest.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/iu-ordered-to-protect-her-vocal-cords

thank you for the chart ranking update as well as news update :D

IU won today on Music Bank :D She's doing so well, and she got a new fringe as well, which makes her look alot younger again hehe.

and about the protection of her vocal cord, i think she's gonna stop singing the three octaves from now on. Today on musicbank, instead of the three octaves, she sang the background lyrics in stead. everything still sounds great though.