Chae Rim 채림

Admin

Guest CindyW88

Cindy, I do agree with you. :rolleyes:

Yup, remember that we suffered enough bashings by AJW’s fans either at KBS board or Chinese board (kdocn). Now they could start bashing on Lee Bo Young. Gee!! <_<

cindy, you're right. ajw's dramas have all been flops with the exception of opsbsy and psy has never really "carry" a drama. even if she was supposedly lead, the dramas have always been more of an "ensemble" cast. none of which have been "popular".

there have been more chinese news of "someday" than korean news of it. the korean news have only mentioned bdn. it doesn't make sense to me for CR to have turned down a big budget kbs drama with CSJ only to do another reportedly kbs drama with an ensemble cast. BDN dramas haven't fare well either.

Don’t quote me yet .... I don’t think that CR will act in the drama “Someday” because none of major Korean news agencies has ever reported that CR will perform in the drama. :rolleyes: These reliable news agencies are quite good at confirming the leads and cast of a drama with details including broadcasting TV station, broadcasting date, PD, script writer, and synopsis. I’m still waiting for further news reports. :)

-----------

By the way, the first episode of Ahn Jae Wook’s new drama “Mr. Goodbye” aired on 5/22 had low TV rating around 8.5%. Like I said before, AJW’s dramas have never scored ratings above 20% except “Oh! Must Win Bong Soon Young”. Park Sun Young’s new drama will be aired on next Monday. It’ll be interesting to see its rating then. :rolleyes:

----------

This should be some food for thought for those fans of his! <_< Yup, I'm curious too to know the ratings of PSY's new drama...guess the producer's confidence is lacking too as they've resorted to inviting Lee Joon Gi to guest in the debut episode :rolleyes: ...wonder if it'll help much? :unsure:

Nat, I think CR turned down the big budget historical drama 'Dae Jo Young' cos' the timing was not right rather than due to the script. Please don't be angry with her if she eventually accepts 'Someday' :( though now I'm not too enthusiastic also by the looks of it :blink:

Guest fashionista

This should be some food for thought for those fans of his! <_< Yup, I'm curious too to know the ratings of PSY's new drama...guess the producer's confidence is lacking too as they've resorted to inviting Lee Joon Gi to guest in the debut episode :rolleyes: ...wonder if it'll help much? :unsure:

Nat, I think CR turned down the big budget historical drama 'Dae Jo Young' cos' the timing was not right rather than due to the script. Please don't be angry with her if she eventually accepts 'Someday' :( though now I'm not too enthusiastic also by the looks of it :blink:

well, i wouldn't be angry with CR if she accepts "someday" cuz i'm not her. it's ultimately her decision and whatever the outcome will be, she's the one who will have to deal with it. i'm just one of her many fans.....i can only support her by watching her work. if i think the drama is bad, i can always fast forward to her parts like i've done with many k-dramas. :) even though i'd love to see her in a k-drama again, i'd rather have her be more selective with future projects. one of my motto is that quality is ALWAYS better than quantity.

------------------------

cindy, i don't think she's doing "someday" either. those news reported that CR is in China filming when she has been back in Korea for quite some time now. if they're so on top of things, they would know that. <_<

Guest CindyW88

cindy, i don't think she's doing "someday" either. those news reported that CR is in China filming when she has been back in Korea for quite some time now. if they're so on top of things, they would know that. <_<

Yup, you are right! “MoneyToday” released the news on 5/15 and then the reporter updated her report on 5/16. It has been one week, and none of the major Korean news agency confirms that CR will act in this drama. :unsure: So, I don’t think that CR will perform in “Someday”. In my opinion, her first priority is to sign the contract with a new agency. Then, the agency will be responsible for getting and negotiating project for her. :)

By the way, I just watched “The Da Vinci Code”. :D I give the move “Two Thumbs Up!”. Good directing, screenplay, leads and cast. Suspense starts from the beginning to the end. :wub: I highly recommend it! :)

------

Guest ovette

thanks for all the info. she signs the contract or not, ill support her all thoughout. i know that she's gonna fit to whatever role coz shes really good! anyway, i just wana ask what is SWEET ROOM? is it the banjun drama she acted with Eric also?

Guest kobsk89

CindyW88 really the Divchi Code was good? Can you give me a brief summary what the movie about. I think I'm gonna go watch it soon. It looks good and scary from the previews.

Guest renni72

thanks for all the info. she signs the contract or not, ill support her all thoughout. i know that she's gonna fit to whatever role coz shes really good! anyway, i just wana ask what is SWEET ROOM? is it the banjun drama she acted with Eric also?

Sweet Room is a banjun drama with Eric. Banjun is a short drama with a twist at the ending.

I watched sweet room without subs so am still looking for one with subs. I have watched that a few times....Chae Rim is one of my fav actresses and Eric is one my fav actors = what more can I ask for??? A full length drama would be good...but looks like CR is concentrating more in China now ....

I will be disappointed if she does not sign the contract for "someday" because I have been waiting for so long to watch her in kdramas again....but if she has made her decision, then I have to support her and patiently wait till she gets another script.

Guest CindyW88

CindyW88 really the Divchi Code was good? Can you give me a brief summary what the movie about. I think I'm gonna go watch it soon. It looks good and scary from the previews.

Since this is the Korean Drama Forum, it is better that I don’t discuss details of a Hollywood movie here. Here is a summary written by “blondish” who gives good synopsis of the movie:

Plot Summary for The Da Vinci Code (2006)

While in Paris on business, Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon ('Tom Hanks') receives an urgent late-night phone call: the elderly curator of the Louvre has been murdered inside the museum. Near the body, police have found a baffling cipher. Solving the enigmatic riddle, Langdon is stunned to discover it leads to a trail of clues hidden in the works of Da Vinci - clues visible for all to see, and yet ingeniously disguised by the painter. Langdon joins forces with a gifted French cryptologist, Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou), and learns the late curator was involved in the Priory of Sion - an actual secret society. In a breathless race through Paris, London and beyond, Langdon and Neveu match wits with a faceless powerbroker who appears to work for Opus Dei - a clandestine, Vatican-sanctioned Catholic organization believed to have long plotted to seize the Priory's secret. Unless Langdon and Neveu can decipher the labyrinthine puzzle in time, the Priory's secret - and a stunning historical truth - will be lost forever.

You could refer to this link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/ for more details. :)

--------

Guest cutiepie

I watched sweet room without subs so am still looking for one with subs. I have watched that a few times....

the english soft subs was posted a few pages back, you can resync the subs to your video if you want or download the video too which the subs were resynced for

yeah agree with you cindy, hopefully CR signs into a good agency

nat: watched smile again first ep, it's pretty good, thanks for telling me :)

Guest fashionista

the english soft subs was posted a few pages back, you can resync the subs to your video if you want or download the video too which the subs were resynced for

yeah agree with you cindy, hopefully CR signs into a good agency

nat: watched smile again first ep, it's pretty good, thanks for telling me :)

cutiepie, i knew u would like it since we both agree on what the best 3 dramas for 2006 are so far. :) r u planning to check out "one fine day"? i will cuz of the supporting actor, Nam Gung Min. this newcomer can cry a river. i think he has lots of potential.

as for CR, she definitely need a really good agency. she's got all the makings of a GREAT star. she just need a company that knows how to handle the talents that she have and bring it to its full potential. in my opinion, she's the best actress in the industry. :) i hate seeing other less talented actresses get all the press.

Yup, you are right! “MoneyToday” released the news on 5/15 and then the reporter updated her report on 5/16. It has been one week, and none of the major Korean news agency confirms that CR will act in this drama. :unsure: So, I don’t think that CR will perform in “Someday”. In my opinion, her first priority is to sign the contract with a new agency. Then, the agency will be responsible for getting and negotiating project for her. :)

By the way, I just watched “The Da Vinci Code”. :D I give the move “Two Thumbs Up!”. Good directing, screenplay, leads and cast. Suspense starts from the beginning to the end. :wub: I highly recommend it! :)

------

ok. i'll try to catch it while it's still playing in the theatres. :)

i hope she's focusing on signing with a new agency too.

Guest CindyW88

---------

[News] CR Won't Act in "Someday"

6a2787b.jpg

[sportsKhan] 5/26/06

On 5/26, "Yellow Film" announces that Bae Doo Na, Kim Sung Soo, and Oh Yoon Ah (배두나, 김성수, 오윤아) will costar in the drama "Someday".

Actress Oh Yoon Ah plays the role Hye Young (혜영) who is an intelligent and metropolitan woman. Hye Young stands grandly for her love towards the main male character Jin Pyo (진표) played by Kim Sung Soo.

Previous report about Chae Rim's being selected to act in this drama is inaccurate. Bae Doo Na will make her character debut as an innocent author of comics rising like a new gust wind.

Currently, Oh Yoon Ah perform in KBS drama "Mr. Goodbye" playing the role Kang Soo Jin (강수진).

Source: http://news.sportskhan.net/index.html?cat=...3&sec_id=540101

========

The lead actor Kim Sung Soo acted in dramas such as "Full House", "Lawyers", "Stained Glass", and the movie "Monopoly".

20050116_21_03.jpg

--------

Guest cutiepie

so no 'someday' afterall, thanks for the update cindy, i guess this is good since she has to take her time choosing a good role after her two year absence from kdramas

cutiepie, i knew u would like it since we both agree on what the best 3 dramas for 2006 are so far. :) r u planning to check out "one fine day"? i will cuz of the supporting actor, Nam Gung Min. this newcomer can cry a river. i think he has lots of potential.

that's on my maybe list, storyline doesn't sound too interesting, hehe..i still have to start on fireworks soon, i just skimmed through the first ep, looks interesting :) i'm watching tvb's la femme desperado, it is pretty good so far

Guest fashionista

i'm soooooooooooooo glad to hear the good news cindy! well, it's good news for me. i can look forward to CR in a better drama in the future. the overall cast for "someday" sucks.

-----------

cutiepie, i finished LFD over a week ago. my sis is a big fan of raymond :)

Guest CindyW88

so no 'someday' afterall, thanks for the update cindy, i guess this is good since she has to take her time choosing a good role after her two year absence from kdramas

Thanks so much Cindy!!

I hope that she will pick up a good script soon!

cutiepie, vivjelly, you are welcome. :)

i'm soooooooooooooo glad to hear the good news cindy! well, it's good news for me. i can look forward to CR in a better drama in the future. the overall cast for "someday" sucks.

lol :P … I know that you would be glad to learn the news. :D

One thing puzzles me is that “Yellow Film” has never mentioned which TV station is going to broadcast "Someday". It is kind of weird. :rolleyes: This reminds me of an earlier drama “My Life’s Special (내 인생의 스페셜)” starring Kim Seung Woo, Myung Se Bin, Shin Sung Woo, and Sung Ji Roo. Its production company had never announced which TV station would air the drama until the incident of the drama “Wolf”, which made MBC delayed the broadcasting of “Wolf” until July and accommodate only 8 episodes (after editing) of “My Life’s Special”. I certainly don’t want CR perform in a drama with any kind of uncertainty. <_<

-------------

Guest badhairday

I had this gut feeling all along that she will turn down Someday. I want her to be first female lead. I also want her to do something lighthearted again. If you look at the ratings lately, MOST of the serious dramas haven't really fared so well despite having A-list stars.

Guest ompi

I had this gut feeling all along that she will turn down Someday. I want her to be first female lead. I also want her to do something lighthearted again. If you look at the ratings lately, MOST of the serious dramas haven't really fared so well despite having A-list stars.

On the contrary, I would like her to do serious drama . That will prove to critics of her acting skills and how I love her in 'Four sisters' . I am watching Fashion 70s right now and love the drama so much even though sometimes I wish the leading role was played by CR . Hope that she will signed up with a very good agent who will land her her very role in an excellent drama .