[Drama 2012] Fashion King 패션왕

Admin

I agree with Scott on the dinner scene the acting was poor. I'm also getting a little bored with Anna's poor me routine. At this point her and JH are working at cross purposes. From the beginning Anna has be focused on their relationship and he wants her focused on the job. I think when she worked for Michael she was use to doing simple designs and JH is looking for cutting edge. He is trying to use this importunity to move his career along and to give his father his dream of becoming a global success. Yes he is attracted to GY but that is not his main motivation. If Anna is going to win him she needs to step up her game and get to work, if all that moping has become boring for us imagine how JH feels.

Are far as the relationships go it's clear where Anna stands, but I thing GY is also attracted to YG. YG see's Anna as pretty and stylish but I don't think he has any emotional investment, she no different than the loan sharks girlfriend, plus he knows about her and JH. The thing I find surprising is how YG and GY not only don't question their relationship but have to this point totally had each others back. They have continuously sought each other out. Him in NY her in Korea. They trust and depend on each other. After he left Anna and came back to the store she left the gate open so he could get in and then made room for him to lie down. Covered him with the blanket and went back to sleep. Is she is a replacement for his younger sister  or is there something more? What does he represent for her?

Backtracking I always wondered why she did not recognize her mother's necklace around his neck. In the scene where he comes out of the shower with nothing but a towel wrapped around him GY should have clearly seen the necklace. I wonder if we will get to see why he still has it or once he becomes famous will either parent show up. Anyway today's episode was a good one.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Starlitelet

I agree with Scott on the dinner scene the acting was poor. I'm also getting a little bored with Anna's poor me routine. At this point her and JH are working at cross purposes. From the beginning Anna has be focused on their relationship and he wants her focused on the job. I think when she worked for Michael she was use to doing simple designs and JH is looking for cutting edge. He is trying to use this importunity to move his career along and to give his father his dream of becoming a global success. Yes he is attracted to GY but that is not his main motivation. If Anna is going to win him she needs to step up her game and get to work, if all that moping has become boring for us imagine how JH feels.

Are far as the relationships go it's clear where Anna stands, but I thing GY is also attracted to YG. YG see's Anna as pretty and stylish but I don't think he has any emotional investment, she no different than the loan sharks girlfriend, plus he knows about her and JH. The thing I find surprising is how YG and GY not only don't question their relationship but have to this point totally had each others back. They have continuously sought each other out. Him in NY her in Korea. They trust and depend on each other. After he left Anna and came back to the store she left the gate open so he could get in and then made room for him to lie down. Covered him with the blanket and went back to sleep. Is she is a replacement for his younger sister  or is there something more? What does he represent for her?

Backtracking I always wondered why she did not recognize her mother's necklace around his neck. In the scene where he comes out of the shower with nothing but a towel wrapped around him GY should have clearly seen the necklace. I wonder if we will get to see why he still has it or once he becomes famous will either parent show up. Anyway today's episode was a good one.

Hi IBELIS ^^!

Maybe it's just me, but I completely understand Anna's struggle at the moment. She doesn't have the natural/inborn talent like Ga Young or Young Gul possesses. She's already tried her utmost best (at least that's what I got from her character), but it's not enough to be in Jae Hyuk's league (or at least his company). You also have to take into consideration that she's under a lot of pressure from his parents and his workers. I feel like no one particularly cares/likes her in that fashion industry. Heck, even he doesn't care for her. I understand on his part, but I also understand where she's coming from. At least, she's not going around complaining why her life sucks. It just so happens that Jae Hyuk is oblivious/ignorant to her current situation... only poor Young Gul seems to take notice in her, but he doesn't know her other side either. So in conclusion, she can't really share her true feelings with anyone. I pity her character.

I don't think Jae Hyuk originally wanted her only for the job or to secure his place. He liked (or loved) her at one point and wanted her to return to him when they were still in America. Perhaps, you can argue that he thought she was a good designer, since she worked for the genius Michael. Oh yes about Anna's last job with him... you could see that she wasn't great when it came to fashion because Michael always ordered her around and blame/told her that she made mistakes or fix the current outfit and so on... she was always bossed around, so I'm guessing she was never talented to begin with. She was just lucky. So it wasn't as if she was doing simple samples for Michael. In fact, Michael even needed some new flavor in terms of style from Young Gul.

I also don't think Anna is as simple-minded as we think. I'm sure she has an alternative motive when it comes to Jae Hyuk. Basically, I think they're all using each other to their advantage to a certain degree. Sure, she likes him... but I don't think the reason she's moody right now is because of Jae Hyuk. She just feels like useless right now which I completely understand. And Young Gul pities her. I don't believe that he deeply likes her as much as people think (at least not yet). He just has an image of her that he likes. In other words, he likes a figment of her, but he doesn't know her inside-out like he does with Ga Young. She's still "new". I wouldn't say that Young Gul looks at Anna the same way as he looked at the girl he slept with at the beginning. Young Gul finds Anna so perfect from his perspective that he doesn't understand why she's with the "jerk" Jae Hyuk. He also admires/envies her because he saw her working for the almighty Michael. Young Gul doesn't know that she's suffering from embarrassment/lack talent. He barely knows anything about her... also, he knows that he'll be able to tick Jae Hyuk off if he sticks around Jae Hyuk's woman.

Does Jae Hyuk really only want to succeed in the family business because he wants his father to succeed? I feel like he needs to prove himself is more like it. He also wants to push it in his parents' faces about Anna. Hence, he rebels against his parents just to prove them wrong (that he is indeed talented) and that they can't control him.

Ga Young is definitely attracted to Young Gul at the moment. Though, I'm kinda puzzled on the minor detail of her trying to apply lipstick just before asking Young Gul for lunch money. Did she apply lipstick then to impress Jae Hyuk or what? :blink:

Anyway, here's my overall view on the current love mess... Young Gul likes the "ideal" Anna, and Anna is using both guys at the moment. On the other hand, Ga Young likes and extremely cares for Young Gul (looks like she likes him more than he likes her... or maybe she's just more expressive/obvious for us viewers to detect). Jae Hyuk is starting to drift away from Anna due to 1) realizing that she's got almost no talent or/and 2) doesn't want to think about his parents' opposing his relationship with Anna all the time. There's no doubt that Jae Hyuk is attracted to Ga Young. Perhaps, she reminds him of the "old" Anna also? That's just my guess... I also think he's amazed by Ga Young's determination/talent. You can see that Jae Hyuk was pretty absent-minded whenever Anna asked him questions... and to me, that's just a bad boyfriend. So overall, I understand why Anna is the way she is...

Yeah, it's true that Ga Young and Young Gul are on such a friendly term basis that it's hard to actually see them officially go out - haha. I guess Young Gul will be the type of guy who only realizes that Ga Young is precious to him after a couple of lessons or after when it's too late. I guess that'll be his turning point in terms of his feelings for both ladies.

I'm also wondering about the necklace! They never mentioned it again! I hope they delve more into our main characters' backgrounds. Like, I want to see more of their family/pasts/mindsets. So not only is it lacking in plotline, but the set-ups. Though, I can forgive them because they sure know how to entertain me... I'm actually baffled on why I enjoy this show so much when there are obviously so many flaws/miscalculated plot points :vicx:.

Guest couch_tomato

Anna and Jaehyuk together frustrate me so badly. They're pretty much fake around each other (in public anyway) and they're doing selfish things. Anna meets up with YG to spite JH and GY's new "relationship" (although I do anticipate she will evolve legitimate feelings for YG later on). JH is probably hanging on to Anna to annoy his parents, cos at the moment he's treating her awfully. Anna needs a positive storyline soon. If she's sad and bitter every episode... T_T

It'd be interesting to see how GY's position at J Fashion goes along, especially with her ahjumma lady finding out about it.

14 more episodes to go... how is the storyline going to evolve I wonder? Things have been moving pretty quickly.

Regardless of what I've wrote, I'm still hooked on watching this every week O_O

HelloStarlitelet! :P

I like your notion on my wishes.You're right that we do have 14 episodes to enhance JH's personality,do you think I'm delusioned to think that he loves Anna?I think they are both just brewing with frustration,insecurity and too much career drive.On the other hand,I just want Anna to step up her game a little,second female leads are putative to be overshadowed by the main leads,but there's some serious ground and objective lacking in her character.

I am fully in love with SSK and YAI!They are such wonderful actors and while the second leads loveline is breaking my heart,I am fully anticipating this two's romance!

Normally netizens would file complaints and criticism on portals and so the pro.team are forced to improve on the wrongs.But how come they are still going with the'non-existent'storyline !

And it is entirely normal to root for the switched couples:lol: This show is crack haha!Entertaining chemistry and characters,poor sequence of events and storyline....But we 're still loving it.You have to be some kind of drama to pull this off haahahaha :lol:

welcome aboard new users.Keep the posts coming!

Guest MadDeeno

:wub: MadDeeno Annyeong! Thank you very much for your recaps,more power and God bless!

Thank you! I just wish it was as much to watch this drama as it is to recap it.

Guest jordi

Full Ratings

AGB Nielsen Korea

6th episode:

Nationwide: 10,4% (+0,3%)

Seoul: 12,0% (+0,6%)

TNS Media Korea

6th episode:

Nationwide: 12,7% (+0,1%)

Seoul: 14,4% (+0,1%)

Light & Shadow leads - ratings AGB: 23,8% (Nationwide) / 26,8% (Seoul)

Love Rain - ratings AGB: 5,3% (Nationwide) / 6,2% (Seoul)

Guest mitchyap0497

:wub: Hello Jordi! For a drama shown on 1 of th 3 giant broadcasting network, the double digit rating of 10% + is good?

I am from the Philippines so I am not aware of how the ratings are in Korea, kumawooo! :huh:

Guest Callan

Okay, after 6 episodes, I am finally convinced that Yuri is hopeless as an actress. I gave her chance after chance but she totally frustrates and irritates me to no end. She's trying too hard, too self conscious and her expressions just wear me down. I am still watching though cos I am rooting for SSK/Ga Young and I really really want to see her kick all 3 (YG,Anna and JH) asses. These 3 are treating her so badly-stop making use of her, YG-I am getting mighty angry with him especially. Is he really the leading man? I have been waiting for him to grow up but he's making me hate him more. I am actually rooting for GY with JH because I am hoping that JH will be able to help her the most. He's cute but why is that guy looking so much at himself in the mirror? I can't guess what JH is up to. Will he fall for GY or is he just using her?  Looking at Ep 6, GY and YG seems very ease with each other and I agree with some viewers who say they are more friends than lovers. I hope so.

Guest jordi

:wub: Hello Jordi! For a drama shown on 1 of th 3 giant broadcasting network, the double digit rating of 10% + is good?

I am from the Philippines so I am not aware of how the ratings are in Korea, kumawooo! :huh:

10% is a "safe" rating - is not very good, but also is not very bad - this is average rating :-)

Love Rain had bad ratings (5%) - Light & Shadow had very good ratings (20-23%)

Guest kayana20
tears.giftears.gif YG just is breaking my heart right now. What is wrong with him? He just cannot seem to get it together. GY is perfect for him and I love the women and designer she is becoming. NO longer a pushover and is starting to work hard to achieve something of herself. I cannot stand her with JH I think he needs to sort out his feelings for Anna first then try to be with her. He isn't really into her anyways just see's her as a muse for his fashion line. Anna & YG should make each other self-destruct because their unhappiness with their lives is blocking the light, hope, and people ho love them in their live. YG has GY and a successful business if he would focus long enough to see the vision of the future he can have. I think it will give him closer on his sister and forgive his mom and aunt so he can start anew with GY. He did keep her mother necklace so she has to mean something to him. As for Anna she has to be manipulative and bitter over how she was treated but she can design clothes. Whatever to love and JH yes you love him but if he treats you like that then you should focus on becoming a success.I love Yuri so seeing her play a weak character who is evil irks me. It's okay to have competition but not when it's yourself or people who judge you. The biggest enemy you can have so you fight that fire with success. I hope her using YG and jealous of GY finally show her that. Maybe one day she can have JH love and if not she can have more talent then she has now.

Guest PBaddict

After watching ep 6 with subs the picture is more clear or at least it seems like that.

Everyone is using everyone to advance or at least survive on a daily basis I get that... BUT I think YG will bring GY a lot of trouble if he keeps up his shenanigans, first he asked her to basically steal fabric from JH's company, plus before Anna arrived he was on the phone with someone about how the patterns are difficult (is he trying to use GY's designs for the brand he managed to start with the mob boss?) and the mysterious music signalled that he's up to no good.. again. So basically GY her designs and her loyalty is being used all over the place: JH wanted her designs so he hired her, YG needed money and his factory back so he sent her to JH, if after all this he gets her into trouble too by using the same designs I will be really pissed. So GY got into the company and works under Anna, not an enviable position to be in  someone's care, who'd like to scratch her eyes out cause of jealousy. So GY has to take a hit again when Anna gets closer to YG just for the fun of annoying JH and GY. Too big ball of suck it is if you ask me. I know, I know that is why it's a drama but they could give GY a bit of a break. If you haven't guessed yet, yes Ga Young is my favourite of the 4 leads, I root for her the most. I think she needs to let YG go if she wants to be successful and she has to use JH but not fall for him. It was so funny how JH's secretary freaked out to see GY coming to work... :D Inside he was like: Man, not again. I see where this is heading... it won't end well and I'm gonna have to clean up the mess. xD Ah stress.

Also I have a feeling that YG will be late to realize how much he likes GY, when he lost her to the company or possibly to JH. Both male leads seem like playboys to be honest, I guess GY knows that too, and she probably tries to keep her heart in a distance from both. As she said in the preview to JH, YG and her are alone in the world, they cannot count on anyone else but each other, that is why she still stands by him no matter what a mess he got into. I'm not sure he's worth it yet. <_<:rolleyes:

JH and Anna have serious emotional problems and lack honest communication. JH loves to tease and play with GY but he shouldn't be so blunt with his gf who already is too insecure and lacks confidence in her work. Then again as a businessman he has to be blunt so he won't fail again. Anna is very much bothered by how JH treats and looks at GY and her work. But seriously in the fashion industry if she cannot handle the fact that there are many more talented people than her, then she has no place there. She is way too gloomy now for my taste and always seem to be on the verge of a panic attack. Give her character wings too, please I've had enough of her depression. :blink:

And the preview.. well still annoying me to bits but the lips haven't touched at least in that short clip yet (trust me a watched it like a zillion times) so I have a little hope there won't be a real kiss, yet it still frustrates me how YG could do this... Oh well I hope I get back my spirit for not only GY and JH by next week but for YG too... Anna in her present state is not even on my radar, don't care for her.

Hello everybody! Suddenly thought about watching this.. I find the story line interesting and characters being so fierce.. Any eng subs in there? *quoted image*

please watch, it is one of the better drama of late, in my opinion best. and we are talking about comparision made with Kings 2 heart. There are eng subs..

Guest heartleaf88

I find it funny that a lot of people are complaining about the lack of plot. It was obvious from Episode 1 that this is a slice-of-life drama. The production staff is giving us a glimpse of the lives of 4 certain people in their battle for survival and self-actualization. It is all about the characters and how they deal with every dilemma that comes their way and how they affect each others' lives. For those people waiting for a plot to manifest itself, I would just like to warn you: you guys are waiting in vain.

Personally, I enjoy this drama a lot because I can't predict the ending unlike in 90% of other kdrama I've watched. I know people tend to want some sort of security or clue on what's going to happen in the end..but where is the fun in that? :) Just enjoy the ride.

Guest Starlitelet

I find it funny that a lot of people are complaining about the lack of plot. It was obvious from Episode 1 that this is a slice-of-life drama. The production staff is giving us a glimpse of the lives of 4 certain people in their battle for survival and self-actualization. It is all about the characters and how they deal with every dilemma that comes their way and how they affect each others' lives. For those people waiting for a plot to manifest itself, I would just like to warn you: you guys are waiting in vain.

Personally, I enjoy this drama a lot because I can't predict the ending unlike in 90% of other kdrama I've watched. I know people tend to want some sort of security or clue on what's going to happen in the end..but where is the fun in that? :) Just enjoy the ride.

Hi heartleaf88 ^^!

By the way, I also like how this drama doesn't lay everything out for us, so it's less predictable.I also love how our characters are all flawed ( perhaps except Ga Young).

It's true that this drama mainly focuses on the slice-of-life of our four beloved characters. However, there should at least be a plausible set-up or backgrounds of the characters. If it lacks in plot, then surely it must succeed in the other department... Or else it'll just be a fun, but no substance drama. Up till this point, it falls under the entertaining section with lack of substancial elements. These characters are also hard to believe in terms of realism because they fall so far from reality... So it kinda detracts me from seeing it simply as a slice-of-life. It definitely has room for more spices/ explanations. I just hope that the writers will develop our characters over time because then it'll be obvious that the drama lacks a lot. I'm sure most people (including myself) are sticking around because the characters are interesting and dynamic. Though, if they're gonna continue leaving us scratching our heads about any in-depth characterizations/motives, the magic is gonna start to wear off.

Anyway as of right now, I'm invested in the characters despite not knowing them inside-out. I guess that's what makes this drama less predictable unlike most Korean dramas. One of the things I'm scared about is that the writers are just fooling us/ making us hope for more when they're not planning on improving. Hope they don't rush things near the end... that's what usually happens...

After watching ep 6 with eng sub my conclusion is both males are playboys.. Both gals are either kicked ard n made use of with a little affection lets just say its infatuation... Audiences aren't sure who will the leads end up with I think that is the main reason why we as audience stay tune to all the episodes so far...all in suspense ! Overall a great drama so far except that one of then leads acting is not on par with rest .

finished epi#5 with subs. And as most of u mentioned that this show is going decent is just due to 4 main characters. All 4 are so unique and a perfect blend of their positive n negative side, which makes me to keep watching this show just to know wt they wil do next to shock me. Story is nothing new bt stil the characters are doing their bit to keep me hooked nd this couple reversal thing is something to exciting to how YG wil let GY know his love n concern. All in all m loving this show.

Archived