The Rose

Guest fantasiimaker

Guest fantasiimaker
Are you listening to the melodies of life?
^heheh clever integration in the title, doncha think :D *gets hit* >Some say love... I have two new recordings to celebrate the rebirth of Soompi =] One old and one new! But both in English! XD The Rose Maybe some of you have heard this one? It's a beautiful, beautiful song =) The lyrics are so...easy to connect to, I guess I could say. This song was originally by Bette Midler, but I ripped the vocal from Sowelu's version for this recording. Melodies of Life Piano version. This is a second take~ the old version is still down at the very bottom of my Soundclick XD; You can listen and compare if you like, but I haven't yet. This one turned out softer (I think because people were at home and I can't record properly <_<) but I hope the overall effect is nicer than before. I also hope the FF12 or KH2 songs come out soon, because I miss Final Fantasy songs .__. Please take a listen ^^ I'm looking forward to the regrowth of the singing section! -------- The Rose Some say love, it is a river That drowns the tender reed Some say love, it is a razor That leaves your soul to bleed. Some say love, it is a hunger, An endless aching need. I say love, it is a flower and you, It’s only seed It’s the heart afraid of breaking That never learns to dance. It’s the dream afraid of waking That never takes the chance. It’s the one who won’t be taken Who cannot seem to give. And the soul afraid of dying That never learns to live. When the night has been too lonely And the road has been too long And you think that love is only For the lucky and the strong, Just remember in the winter far beneath The bitter snow Lies the seed that with the sun’s love In the spring Becomes the rose.

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

wow, i couldnt have asked for better songs to start off the forum! :) ill add these two to the fantasiimaker folder :)

Guest conversebunny

*looks at the title*

XDDDD

yay wonderful, as usual (both songs!!)! I love hearing you sing in Japanese, but it's a nice surprise to see you singing in English! XD I'm glad the rebirth of this forum started with your songs...makes a nice start for it! ^.^

A question...how far away do you keep your mic when you sing? I always have the trouble that if I keep it too close, it catches all the breaths I exhale when I sing out and all consonants, but if I leave it too far away, the recording sounds too distant and not clear enough... :( your recordings always sound so clear, so I thought I'd ask you. :)

Guest animagelet

Ahhhhh. TT_TT So good!! Your voice sounds beautiful in both pieces. Your vibratto is fluttery and natural <33 You sound good singing in alll the lang. you sing in. You should try some Korean someday :D

This is luckybum =] I changed my usernmameohohoho.

Guest JJames

i must say... The Rose was beautiful...

i believe we had to do this in choir.. oh so long ago... such a nice song.

i loved your vibratto... the softness in your voice... it was a nice touch..

good job :D

Ps. i would love to hear this song as a duet. i'm pretty sure it can be done.

Guest Saranghae012

ahh it's my soompi idol <3 i love the smoothness and calm touch in your voice! <3 so beautifully done :)

-Chelly*

Guest Hep D MC

very nice. i havent heard this song in years and ur version was quite impressive. only thing i had a problem with was when u sang "Some say love, it is a hunger." somethin about it didnt sound right to me, i dunno wat tho cuz i dont kno any singing termonology. haha. good stuff.

i couldnt play the final fantasy song for some reason but i'll try and check it out later.

Guest luvjunjin0819

I juss listened to "the rose"...u did sucha beautiful job! U've got incredible control...and ur voice sounds sooo perfect for this! I love ur voice...gosh...u never let me down....always on point w/ ur vocals!! Great Job, girl. Keep the songs comin'!!!!! ^_^

"melodies of life" - I liked this as well! wow, u can sing high! "call out my name" sounded a little of...but who cares, this sounded great! This may not be ur best song in my opinion, but u still sound awesome!!

~Tab ;)

Guest tinasarangg

wow...rose just blew me away! your voice fits perfectly for this.

keke i knew you were gonna record songs since soompi was down yesterday.

nice job (as usual xDD)

Guest KoweanTeddie

Hyellew ^^;; I'm new to soompi and just listened to your singing..

I may be young but i'm not stupid. Your singing is FANTASTIC! HOORAH!

>< i think i'm going crazy..anyways love the singing

Archived