[drama 2006] Mr. Goodbye 미스터 굿바이

Guest tjadl6386

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this has got to be one of my favorite dramas in the year of 2006...like most of you guys...i am also satisfied with the ending...i got to tell yeah...i'll be looking forward in watching all the dramas of the writer that wrote this drama. :) I think it was nice how the writer did not show actual scenes of AJW suffocating in pain as he awaits for his death...I was so happy to just see AJW just lay down on the floor with his eyes closed, sleeping...and his voice narrating/talking at the end. It may be confusing whether or not AJW died or not at the end...but yes...he died...i must say...peacefully...coz he died in his sleep...i think that's the best way to end someone's life...well at least I would want to die while sleeping in bed someday too.

I kind of wanted to see AJW and his mom reunite together...but I guess it's good that AJW did not reveal to his mom that he is her son...coz he doesn't have much time to live and he would never want to see his mother sad anyways. I thought the letter that the mom recieved towards the end was going to be a letter from AJW...but it was a letter from his army son (Nam Hyun-Suh)...at least the mother named her army son 'hyun-suh'...that just means that she never forgot about AJW.

Here's a translation of the last two minutes of the last ep.

HS: I am so sad.

YI: Why are you sad?

HS: Being adopted to America. For living too seriously/busily (I not sure what he said...but I'm guessing those two...or maybe he said 'for living my life boring'...i dunno). BbokJja...for meeting you finally just now. (skipped the talking from the flashbacks). And for falling in love with you, BbokJja. Meeting Yoon. Liking people. Getting attached here (in Korea). Finding affection. I want to live. I...want to live, BbokJja. For a day more...for an hour more. I want to live with you. Right now is when I want to live the most. I am happy right now. I already miss you, my BbokJja. Even if I'm sad...even if it's awful...I want to stay in the world. Take care. Goodbye.

So yes...just from what he said...he died and said goodbye. :(

I'm going to miss this drama...it was the drama that I always looked forward to on mondays and tuesdays...now it's over, wah! heh. Must go back and rewatch the last two episodes fully w/ my mom now. :)

Guest chief

Here's a translation of the last two minutes of the last ep.

HS: I am so sad.

YI: Why are you sad?

HS: Being adopted to America. For living too seriously/busily (I not sure what he said...but I'm guessing those two...or maybe he said 'for living my life boring'...i dunno). BbokJja...for meeting you finally just now. (skipped the talking from the flashbacks). And for falling in love with you, BbokJja. Meeting Yoon. Liking people. Getting attached here (in Korea). Finding affection. I want to live. I...want to live, BbokJja. For a day more...for an hour more. I want to live with you. Right now is when I want to live the most. I am happy right now. I already miss you, my BbokJja. Even if I'm sad...even if it's awful...I want to stay in the world. Take care. Goodbye.

So yes...just from what he said...he died and said goodbye. :(

I'm going to miss this drama...it was the drama that I always looked forward to on mondays and tuesdays...now it's over, wah! heh. Must go back and rewatch the last two episodes fully w/ my mom now. :)

strangely i did not cry when i watched it online yesterday night, but reading your translation here makes my eyes teary....

me too, i also want to die like that, when it's time for me to leave......

Guest tjadl6386

Yup. Looking into all the details would make it seem as if

Hyun Suh died. The way the clock stop ticking, the way he was reminiscing the past and the fact that he was actually dying.

The way the ending was made was well written since its doesn't give away too much of what a lot were speculating at first. Almost, a lot knew that

Hyun Suh would die but it was presented in a manner where we actually don't see Hyun Suh dying

Since the previous post I made here was lost. I'd like to say again that this is my 2006 favorite drama both because of Lee Bo Young and how the story went.

Guest lilmizjae

I have only the last episode to watch... finished watching this whole drama that past 2-3 days and the story is just so unbelievably touching... I absolutely love the story and AJW never fails to show that he is a true actor and an AWESOME one at it too.

the tears keep falling because the last few scenes of epi 15 was so sad and good at the same time... the bonding between Yoon and his father...... :tears: Very well written drama... I don't think I can handle epi 16 right now..

Guest Pyoungsang

It ended very very well ... sad but not tear-jerking. I love the ending. It was a very enjoyable show.

Guest Devache

Would agree with the ending.

Although I thought it was a little abrupt initially, compared to One Fine Day(MBC) and Smile Again (SBS),

I felt Mr Goodbye was the best of the trio when it was being screened concurrently.

I didn't get much of the hotel conspiracy part and why the director of the hotel decided to attempt suicide, never really understand that part.

And the ahjumma who was always selling the fried rice cakes, was she Hyun So's real mother?

And so that guy would be Hyun So's brother?

Could someone kindly enlighten a lost soul here.. I watched those episodes twice but still couldn't make head or tail out of the story..

Guest sparkzy

i was a very silent watcher of this drama... and i must say.. i'm very satisfied. ahn jae wook gave a great performance...

i loved watching this for him b/c he was really interesting to watch....

definitely one of the best dramas this year so far...

Guest sparklinghugs

Would agree with the ending.

Although I thought it was a little abrupt initially, compared to One Fine Day(MBC) and Smile Again (SBS),

I felt Mr Goodbye was the best of the trio when it was being screened concurrently.

I didn't get much of the hotel conspiracy part and why the director of the hotel decided to attempt suicide, never really understand that part.

And the ahjumma who was always selling the fried rice cakes, was she Hyun So's real mother?

And so that guy would be Hyun So's brother?

Could someone kindly enlighten a lost soul here.. I watched those episodes twice but still couldn't make head or tail out of the story..

wait, which part r u confused about? yes, that is his brother since that it is his mom's son....well i know that subtitles for the rest of the episodes will be out sometime next week, so maybe a little more waiting??? :sweatingbullets:

It ended very very well ... sad but not tear-jerking. I love the ending. It was a very enjoyable show.

no it wasn't too much tear-jerking but i still cried because of his last few words. ....so sad he finally saw a purpose in living, he actually now wants to live unlike before and he wants to stay. then he says to be well to Bokja and then says Goodbye for the last time....

jesus i dont understand why the watched percentage wasnt higher.

first of all, the actors and actresses were FANTASTIC. once again AJW is freaking awesome.

second of all, Hyun Suh and Young In were the best couple.

the whole drama was just so bittersweet and sad.

Guest sparklinghugs

jesus i dont understand why the watched percentage wasnt higher.

first of all, the actors and actresses were FANTASTIC. once again AJW is freaking awesome.

second of all, Hyun Suh and Young In were the best couple.

the whole drama was just so bittersweet and sad.

AMEN!!! lol. but as much as it was perfect, it was competing with JuMong. that's why the percentages are so slow. yes the relationship between those two were really cute~ and omg i just fell in love with jo dong hyuk through this drama. AAAHHH yeah the casting was just really good. one of those that is a must watch ^^

withbanfpic6ug.gif

Episode 13 ENGLISH SUBS

Main Translator: sparklinghugs

Timer: Appolpai

Editor/QC: ay_link

Coordinators: ay_link, mily2

Episode 14 ENGLISH SUBS (GAiST) | Episode 14 ENGLISH SUBS (JJAN)

Main Translators: sparklinghugs, june_showers

Spot Translator: sparklinghugs

Timer: Appolpai

Episode 15 ENGLISH SUBS

Main Translators: sparklinghugs, iluxxx

Spot Translator: sparklinghugs

Timer: victory

Episode 16 ENGLISH SUBS

Main Translator: sparklinghugs

Timer: victory

Last four episodes of Mr. Goodbye...

Gah~ these last ones were the hardest ones to watch.... :tears:

I'm gonna miss Yoon Hyun Suh so much, hikx.

Thank you for my wonderful WITH S2 team. You guys are The Best! B)

To the wonderful subbing team of Mr. Goodbye, thank you very much! It was really unexpected that it will be finished this early.

After reading all the posts and spoilers, I wanted to watch this all in one go ... hopefully will be able to finish it soon.

Guest tjadl6386

Now I can start watching the whole drama again. With S2 is the best. Thank you for your dedication to this wonderful drama.

Guest Amicus

thanks for the subs.

its kinda sad they didn't have time for him to reunite with his brother, they set it up with the address but they never followed up on it.

decent ending.

Archived