Anne Rice

belle_kd1413

Guest Myss Blewm

It's always nice to start with her Vampire Chronicles.

-Interview with the Vampire

-The Vampire Lestat

-Queen of the Damned

The first book was pretty good and so much better than the movie if you've seen the movie. The second book is my favorite Anne Rice book though people get all "vampire is a rock star? yeah, right" but if you're willing to go for it LOL it's really good. Lestat is a favorite book character of mine. The last book was all right, but I didn't like it that much. Though it is a lot better than the movie, which really pissed me off...don't even get me started on how wrong that movie is.

There's also her Mayfair Witches trilogy which I never completed because I got sidetracked. I've only read some of the first book which was really good, but Anne Rice's books aren't light readings (at least not for me LOL) so her books always take a bit of time. When I first got into "The Witching Hour" I wasn't completely dedicated to reading it like I was with the Vampire Chronicles, though I'm slowly trying to get back into Anne Rice books.

Anyway, have fun with Anne Rice books! I do love her portrayal of her vampires though I disagree on some grounds with how vampires are made and how they live, but that's beside the point. If you like erotica check out her works under A. N. Roquelaure. I've never read them but some people say they're...interesting.

Guest jessyjess

Honestly, I've tried reading Interview with the Vampire a few years ago (lol 3 to be exact), and I just couldn't get past the second chapter. I think it was her style of writing that I didn't like but I'll definitely have to give it a go again now that I am older.

I had an Anne Rice-phase where in a whole month I only read her Vampire Chronicles. like the 2nd poster, Lestat was my favourite volume and character. I also thought her writing was the best in Lestat. if I were to fall in love with a vamp, it'd be Lestat. rofl. :P

so I'd recommend Lestat but I strongly urge you to read Interview with the Vampire first - if you're interested in reading Lestat.

and contrary to what many ppl say, I actually like the movie Queen of the Damned. it was a different form of interpretation. I like when adaptations have differences from the original.

I have three of her books from her vampire series.

Seriously, I've only read Interview with the Vampire.

I couldn't get through any of her other ones... haven't really tried to.

The way she writes is amazing, but its also a snore.

You have to be really into the book to actually continue reading. Interview with a Vampire is what I started with. Any where else, you tend to get lost. Good luck on reading her. Very good, but sometimes difficult to follow through.

Archived