Whisper of the Heart

Guest pikapika

Guest pikapika

an underrated Miyazaki classicWhisper-of-The-Heart.jpg~original

Plot: Over the course of a few months, Shizuku, a bookish 14-year-old girl, endures the insults of a mysterious boy, strikes up a friendship with the kindly old proprietor of a repair shop, deals with the awkwardness of emerging adolescence, struggles to find her voice as a writer, and ultimately finds love in the least likely of places.

Anime Episodes: 1 film

Whisper-of-the-Heart-whisper-of-the-hear

00053m2tssnapshot011500_original.jpg~ori

WhisperoftheHeart2.png~original

one of my all time favorite movies and thats saying a lot because i dont have a lot of favorite movies. even though the movie is relatively simple - it really makes me feel all warm and gooey inside when i watch it. its so under-rated. the animation isnt as stellar as other studio ghibli movies but the subtlety and the realistic yet heartwarming romantic aspects of it makes it one of the best.
and due to fan requests - there was a companion movie made called "the cat returns"

Yes, this is one of my fave miyazaki films. ^_^ I also noticed the slight crossover of the cat, from the film 'the cat returns', he was that statue in the shop of Seiji's grandpa. As I was watching it, the song Country Road song kept repeating on my mind. :sweatingbullets: But yeah although it is a simple film I love the heartwarming message it portrays. Seiji and Shizuku are so cute together, despite their young age.

This is my favorite Miyasaki movie, along with Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service. I guess I like the older movies more than the new ones, even though I still think all of them are great!

But yeah, I really really really loved Whisper of the Heart. I watched it at home and then I took it to school and watched it with some friends. =3

Take me home country roads~~

:P

Guest tommylove<3

aha, this movie is yet again another great work of his xD

the ending is absolutely the CORNIEST BUT CUTEST ending ever (:

it's really lighthearted and sweet a really good movie.

miyazaki's works always give me inspiration to keep writing :sweatingbullets:

besides shizuku is around my age so i can only hope for a romance like hers :rolleyes:

aha, this movie is yet again another great work of his xD

the ending is absolutely the CORNIEST BUT CUTEST ending ever (:

it's really lighthearted and sweet a really good movie.

miyazaki's works always give me inspiration to keep writing :sweatingbullets:

besides shizuku is around my age so i can only hope for a romance like hers :rolleyes:

lol! Yeah, since then I've wanted to fall in love with a violin maker! Hee Hee

Guest Special Ed

I've actually never heard of these movies. lol. And I call myself a Miyazaki fan. :sweatingbullets:

Does it happen to have US releases? That means I can buy it and SUPPORT!!

Guest jxmode

Loved it. lalal country roads !~

such a cute movie.

I love The Cat Returns. It was so amusing, and the ost to that is so nice to listen to.

Whisper of the Heart was so cute :D I watched it a while ago so I can't really remember some parts but the ending stuck :3 I watched The Cat Returns recently and I thought the ending theme song sounded really nice. The king looked kind of perverted D:

Guest pinguvxd

i liked this movie and cat returns (;

i love when the girl sings in whisper of the heart. although she's a bit off pitch that's what makes it sound real. haha. (you'll understand if you watch it)

i loved cat returns cause the cat was so cool!

Guest chantilly

I basically love anything from Hayao Miyazaki so this is great too.

But on top of my lists are: Kiki's Delivery Service & My Neighbor Totoro. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived