Sm Entertainment - Global Auditions [2008]

Riri

Guest BigBangLuv

Has anyone here tried out for rapping?

For the rapping... will they also make you rap

without background music...?

and for the dancing do we freestyle first

or are they gonna make us do our routine first?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jocilyn

how can they call it global audition when they're only going to the US & Canada???? *argh*...

well... good luck for those who are going ^___^

well theirs global auditions for malaysia and thailand...

Guest musicpoplove

thanks!!! another FAQ for you! do they care about ur height and weight at the auditions? and a "V-line"?? if u have a chubby face at your audition, would that lower ur chance?? if ur standing next to a very skinny person would that skinny person have more of a chance to get in even if your skills are similar?

If they like you then it matters about height and weight. i wont worry too much about height since Taeyoun and BoA are really short.

basically, image doees matter in a basic way, and people do ignor that.

I prepared already a list of like 4 songs that im gonna practice.

BUT IONO WAT TO DO FOR THE AUDITION!!!

I know to pick the song im best at but thats why i picked 4 songs that i can sing well.

DO SM ACCEPT BALLAD?? =/

sighh

im soo tempted to sing aballad song

Dont freak out abot the audition. Dont get over excited beacause if you dont make it you will get really upset. Ballad is fine, it's better to sing the chorus or parts that you are good at instead of singing the whole thing. Sing more of Ballad songs to show your voice. Dont pick like hiphopy stuff

The Trax are under SM and theyre rock.

Theres no point singing in a particular style just to suit SM or whatever, verstility and potential to expand into other genres is a voice more sought after, SM like any other company are looking to venture into other genres to create variations in their 'style', you can see that with new artists like Shinee.

That;s for special case. SM has changed alot these days and Trax basically are not even active anymore. You dont get to pick what style you wanna be, that's later case with SM deciding what they want you do do. SM is basically 95% Of ballad+Pop. Singing funky rock songs will not let you make SM. Singing Ballad/pop songs in AUDITION first, then IF you are a trannie, then go ahead and sing it THEN. SHinee is basically ballad-hiphop not screamorock.

They all started out singing Balad/pop. THey did not audition with Trax style.

I dont make these thinsg up myself and assume things. I have connections that prove 100%.

Has anyone here tried out for rapping?

For the rapping... will they also make you rap

without background music...?

and for the dancing do we freestyle first

or are they gonna make us do our routine first?

Any singing is MR. no instrumental. Rapping for audition wont really bea a good idea..

maybe if they give you second chance to sing or just do then do a song with regular vocal and rap.

Just rapping for audition isnt really common.

No routine, you just dance to music, its called freestyle. They turn on a music then you do whatever you can to show your skills to stand out infront of the crowd

Guest BigBangLuv

@ moosecakex

Well the song I was planning on doing has a little vocal and a lot of rap

heres the song btw

Do you think it would be okay if I did this song?

since it has a little bit of vocal it it with some rap?

and for the dance... I herd people were able to bring there own CD

with there own music and dance to it... is this true ;x?

btw thanks for answering my questions, helped a lot ^^

Guest xAnimeLuver19x

@ moosecakex

heres the song btw

i remember one year, this guy in my group wanted to do both singing and rapping and the judge told him not to do the rap and only sing. ^^;;

so im not sure if u wanna do a rapp. loll

and yeah. thats the dance section where u bring in ur own cd ^^ and im pretty sure u do that first before the freestyle. thats how they did it all the other years loll

Guest sokeepdreaming

thanks moosecakex for the response. ^^

haha, i have one more question.

do you think it'll be enough if i prepare 3 songs. 2 would be around 45 sec clips & one would be a full song? all different.

Guest sweetseducti0n12

@ xanimeluver19x: off the topic but....HEYY LIBBY!!! hehe cant wait to see you again! XD

@BigBangLuv: like my buddy said...i def think that SM would want singing more than rapping..i think it would be best if u sang instead of rapping....

@sokeepdreaming: to be honest...i think that 3 songs is good...4...even better...but i mean i would prepare a lil more...cuz wat IFF...and i mean IFFFF....u got into the second round...? and then the 3rd if there is one...wouldnt they want a diff song...? jus my opinion..dont worry too much about it tho...cuz i mean its a very small chance of gettin into the next round......jus prepare 3 songs...(4 at the most) that u are MOST DEF good at that shows off ur voice and ur range and make sure that it matches ur voice...

cuz i had a friend who sang 4 at the first audition 2 years ago...and i didnt know wat happened afterwards...haha and from my experience..i only got to sing 1 song...for the SM auditions...ud be majorly lucky if ur able to sing 2...for SM....but for my JYP audition this past year....i sang and danced....and then got into the extra recording after so it was fun XD

my advice...sing the song that ur absolutlely sure is the best from ur collection...then if they ask u to sing another...choose the next best and so on haha :P

and i deff agree with wat mossecakex says...a lil iffy on some things... but doo agree on most :D

Guest musicpoplove

@ moosecakex

heres the song btw

You can do what ever you want but i suggest dont do rap. if you wanna do rap do at the end of the vocal part. do rap just for maybe 6second. IF you make it 2nd audition, then show rap THEN. i dont think they look for rappers. you can release all your talent IF you are a trainnie, when u get to that point

thanks moosecakex for the response. ^^

haha, i have one more question.

do you think it'll be enough if i prepare 3 songs. 2 would be around 45 sec clips & one would be a full song? all different.

3song is fine. they will most likely ask only 1 song but if they like you they can ask you up to 3 songs. dont do full song. sing only chorus/ your best parts. dont let the judges go to sleep.

Guest tvxqsaranghae

thx for all ur info moosecakex.. but i was just wondering... if u have a friend who works in sm and u therefore know all of these info, how come u seem so clueless about the sm auditions yourself? i mean u seem like a pro here, but i see threads that u made.. u were like asking what goes on and all the details like that

if u're true, of course i hope u'll still help me with my questions, but.. yeah, just making sure... ;D

Guest jocilyn

ahh!! another question!!!~~ :sweatingbullets:

so once you audition.. and you get past the... prelims.. will you need to go out of the state to go to the auditions? or will it still be around the state?? like.. i'm going to auditions in NEW YORK... and i'm wondering if i have to go to.. lets say....florida just for the 2nd audition... no right?? o_O??

did they announce the Audition Registration Deadlines?

and how do you register?

the audition deadline is the day before the actual audition.. though i'm sure you can sign up there.. though it might take awhile....

Guest --joyful.

Email registration is accepted one day prior, but they usually make you register at the audition place also.

Does anyone know what the times usually are for the auditions?

Guest sokeepdreaming

@sokeepdreaming: to be honest...i think that 3 songs is good...4...even better...but i mean i would prepare a lil more...cuz wat IFF...and i mean IFFFF....u got into the second round...? and then the 3rd if there is one...wouldnt they want a diff song...? jus my opinion..dont worry too much about it tho...cuz i mean its a very small chance of gettin into the next round......jus prepare 3 songs...(4 at the most) that u are MOST DEF good at that shows off ur voice and ur range and make sure that it matches ur voice...

cuz i had a friend who sang 4 at the first audition 2 years ago...and i didnt know wat happened afterwards...haha and from my experience..i only got to sing 1 song...for the SM auditions...ud be majorly lucky if ur able to sing 2...for SM....but for my JYP audition this past year....i sang and danced....and then got into the extra recording after so it was fun XD

my advice...sing the song that ur absolutlely sure is the best from ur collection...then if they ask u to sing another...choose the next best and so on haha :P

and i deff agree with wat mossecakex says...a lil iffy on some things... but doo agree on most :D

3song is fine. they will most likely ask only 1 song but if they like you they can ask you up to 3 songs. dont do full song. sing only chorus/ your best parts. dont let the judges go to sleep.

i wasn't planning on singing the whole song. XD but i thought it might be helpful to know at least one full song cause i heard some people say they got to sing an entire song.

i'm in no way saying it will happen to me, but i want to be prepared.

just checking...will they ever ask you DIRECTLY to sing an entire song? cause that would be a dumb moment where you don't know the next verse. -_-

Guest la.la.la

Does anyone know what the times usually are for the auditions?

i wanna say around 10 am maybe??

and for the online registration, do you have to submit more than 1 application if you're auditioning at more than one location??

That;s for special case. SM has changed alot these days and Trax basically are not even active anymore. You dont get to pick what style you wanna be, that's later case with SM deciding what they want you do do. SM is basically 95% Of ballad+Pop. Singing funky rock songs will not let you make SM. Singing Ballad/pop songs in AUDITION first, then IF you are a trannie, then go ahead and sing it THEN. SHinee is basically ballad-hiphop not screamorock.

They all started out singing Balad/pop. THey did not audition with Trax style.

I dont make these thinsg up myself and assume things. I have connections that prove 100%.

thats the point. SM has changed and SM will continue to change, therefore you cannot assume that theyre looking for one thing in particular. Yes its not up to you to choose the style you end up singing, but that doesnt mean that you have to sing a particular style for the auditions, if you fit a style then they'll put you in that style. the only thing i would say is, you audition for the company that suits you. Most will end up singing rnb-pop as it showcases alot more vocal ability and potential for the training techniques of these vocal coaches.

And i never said Shinee was rock. I simply observed that their style is slightly different and varied. [gosh. im not deaf.]

Guest Burst_Angel

Does anyone know if we're allowed to audition for both singing and dancing?

From what I hear, the more categories you audition for, the better your chances. This is because the agencies are looking for people who are versatile in different things, as opposed to just one thing they excel in.

Archived