Dating people who smoke/do drugs

Guest FusionGT2

Guest DiMpLzz_**so N love**

i'm not sure if this have ever been posted before but....

what do you think about dating people who smoke or do drugs??

is it a turn on or a turn off?

does it even really matter?

^^you know, incase anyone likes the badass kind XDDD LOL! jk!

Well my bf smoked wen we first started goin out...and I'll admit it was that badass ttendency that drew me 2 him but as time went by and we became serious I hated it and he quit but then we broke up and got back 2gether and he does it again, and he wnt stop and it's a complete turn off.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest polka_dotts

I don't mind. Unless it's preventing him from being active in our relationship, like forgetting to call me cus he's high or something!

Guest am747

If by smoking, you mean smoking hot, then yes.

Weed is fine too, since it's not addictive (and can be immensely entertaining)

Otherwise, I'm not very much attracted to people who like to kill themselves slowly.

Guest S0URPATCH--

Smoking...I guess I don't mind but for some reason when I hear that they do drugs I get soooo turned off. But one of my best guy friends always tells me not to judge someone just because they do drugs (probably because he's one of the greatest friends I've ever had, despite being a druggy himself ;P)

Guest Gofishus

LOL why would ever date someone who did hardcore drugs? They could wake up dead one day at any time. Do you really think dating someone with a life expectancy half that of yours is a good idea? nope.

Guest mangchilo

It's a turn-off for me if a guy smokes because of the smell and the ashtray taste that my mom said my dad's kisses used to have for a while after each cigarette, and I really don't enjoy being anywhere in the vicinity when people are smoking. I hate the feeling of seeing someone I care about visibly harm himself, too. The addiction part is actually also a major part of why smoking is a turn-off to me. I know that being a smoker doesn't mean you're a horrible person and it's not easy to quit, though, so I would consider dating a smoker if he didn't smoke like a chimney and he were pretty considerate about when and where he smoked.

As for other drugs, that's a turn-off for sure, too. Again, not all people who do drugs are horrible, but I don't have a lot of interest in a guy whose number one source of stimulation is taking drugs and checking out for hours at a time, especially using potentially fatal hardcore drugs. Why, people, why is it considered worth the risk?! Non-addictive drugs only taken on the weekends are definitely less of a turn-off than addictive ones taken on a really regular basis, though. I wouldn't reject a guy out of hand for smoking pot, in particular, unless he did it so often it was all he wanted to do with his friends. I'm sorry, guys, but can't you find anything better to do for fun? Taking drugs recreationally has just never held any appeal for me. I won't tell anyone not to do it, but it doesn't earn any points with me at all when guys talk loudly about the stupid things they did with their buddies last weekend when they were high.

I have another issue with smokers that I want to mention, though: the COST! Dating is one thing, but I wouldn't want to marry someone while thinking of years and years of wasting our joint funds on expensive cigarettes that might not only take up a lot of income that could have been spent on something else (or saved for retirement) but also eventually cost us more in medical bills and heartache later if my husband ended up with lung cancer. I'll pass.

Guest stardust.

Total turn off no matter how you look at it. I can't stand being around someone that

smokes. The smell is just horrible, and I hate to have to breathe the same air they

exhaled after taking a drag. And the smell of alcohol and whatever other drugs is

just beyond unappealing.

Guest karamelsutra

My boyfriend drinks and he used to smoke.

I asked him to stop smoking because it's a nasty habit.

I caught him twice doing it, but since then, he's been clean.

Now drinking, that's a whole different story.

I don't think he will stop, so i let him do it, as

long as he doesn't get drunk around me. lol

I'd rather date someone who does neither, especially smoking excessively. :tongue2:

Guest erika.march1993

I don't know if there's a topic like this already so delete it if there is ; ]

would you date a guy who smokes?

or will you start walking the other direction?

====

ah theres already a topic

I'M SO SORRY!

Guest forgottenmemories

Honestly, no. As shallow as it sounds, I would hate to be with someone who smells like an ashtray all the time. I always hold my breath whenever I walk by a stranger who is smoking. =/

i dated this guy before [not anymore] who smoked because his friends were pressuring him to do it a year ago, and because of his dad (i don't know what's going on with his dad, he just told me his dad influenced him somehow)

he wasn't a heavy, addicted smoker, but he did smoke once in a while. & he didn't smell like smoke because he would obviously get caught by his parents and he was underage too.

it's not like i'd particularly avoid guys who smoke but i'd rather them not to. i mean if i reallly like him and he does it, like that guy, i guess i'd deal with it but.. if he does drugs, definite no.

Guest itsthenerd8D

Well I hang out people who smoke so I wouldn't mind really. I almost came close to dating a crack head. o.o I didn't know he smoked till I took a stairway in my building and saw him doing it. T^T

Guest jei kaRRr

My boyfriend used to smoke, but he had to quit cos he moved to America.

It's kinda sad 'cos he says sometimes his chest/lungs feel really uncomfortable. =[

And he often coughs. :tears:

It's not really a turn off for me though lol. It gives off a bad boy feel?

Archived