Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

***  Big or small wedding isn't that important what matter is they're both happy. What's important is they both agreed to have this kind of wedding.  A private wedding is meaningful for me, too since they could enjoy that special moment together with just their families and close friends. Although, they could afford a big wedding if they want to..... :tongue:

Rain explains the reason why he decided to hold a small wedding with Kim Tae Hee

Kim-Tae-Hee-Psy-Rain.jpg

Singer Rain recently sat down for a comfortable interview, where he explained the reason why he and Kim Tae Hee opted for a small, private wedding.

Rain shared, "Having a small ceremony was my ideal type of wedding. I pondered on the true meaning of a wedding. Of course, I could have gone all out and held a fancy banquet instead. But I began to question if that really was the true meaning of a wedding. My wife also agreed with my idea so we just went with it. Also, I didn't think this was going to be such a big deal. Everyone already knew that we were going to get married, we dated for 5 years and even announced it publicly. It's not like we secretly got married; there were three wedding rumors. I think the fact that it was a private wedding turned it into an even bigger issue."

In regard to his proposal song "The Best Present", he said, "I didn't want to necessarily promote the album on a variety show but I wanted to simmer down the wedding issue by talking about the song on 'A Hyung I Know.'"

source : allkpop

• Like 3

***”The Unit” mentors having a meeting. Looking forward to this show. Good luck, RAIN & to all the mentors! Fighting!  :tongue:

Aish................soompi is acting up again...................the picture won't show - :ph34r:

• Like 3

Finally we have the full text of the interview for Ilgan Sports

IoePqHy-HCo.jpg

Rain: "Life of a dancer singer? Ends when the beat is faster than the body"

Daily Sport (D): You will release a mini album in December. Earlier on you released some electronic music via your SNS.
Rain (R): My plan is to release publicly bit by bit the songs and styles in this album. Times had changed. It's not like before when nothing was revealed, everything was secret until the album was released. If we do it like before it will not become an issue (laugh). The paradigm changed, but something did not change, and that is the song must be unconditionally good. This time I will show my proper music and stage. The album will have 5 songs, mainly hip, urban rock. Actually when I started to compose the song, I just couldn't come out with songs like "How to avoid the sun" and "Rainism". But this time it had come out, so I have confidence in my stage.

D: "The moment when my body can't follow the beat, I don't want to dance anymore". You said this regarding the life of a dance singer.
R: My thought is still the same now. Luckily my body is still faster than the beat. My current thinking is I will stop dancing when I am 40. However by that time if my body is still faster than the beat, I will continue to dance.

D: You set up your own company.
R: After I left the army I received many big proposals. There were proposals from home, but the deals from China were even bigger. However I wanted to rest, and hoped that I could be looked after by someone. So I went to see Cube CEO Mr. Hong. We were together when I was young, and he's the person who gave me various help. As time passed, I naturally set up my own company. There are about 5 staff who are totally dedicated to my activities. I feel this number and such scale is just perfect. There is no delay in salary payment, appropriate bonus can be awarded, if the company does well they will have a salary raise. I feel good running a company of this scale.

D: Who is the guide in your life?
R: JYP is a close brother but not my guide. It seems we all have to make and walk our own life. As I open my eyes in the morning, I will ask myself " do you want to play today, do you want to work today, what do you want to do, who are you" these kind of questions. I hope I can draw my own picture as I live my life.

D: Have to ask the story about you and Kim Taehee. Two big celebrities but chose a small, private wedding ceremony.
R: I want a small wedding. I thought long and hard about the meaning of a wedding. Of course we could have a grand wedding and invited everyone. But I wondered if that was a true wedding. My wife had the same thoughts so we just did it that way. We didn't realise it became such an issue. The media knew we would get married, as we have been together for 5 years. Didn't they even publicise that we were dating? It's not the case that we didn't announce our relationship and suddenly got married. They even reported 3 times about our marriage, so we really didn't know it had become such hot issue. However it seemed that the fact we had a low key wedding made it an even hotter topic. Still, I was very happy on the day of our wedding. The priest, my family, and a few of my closest friends were together, we had a sweet and holy ceremony. I felt very blessed.

D: You wrote a proposal song "The Best Gift" for Kim Taehee. It became a bigger topic.
R: I decided not to do any show with that album. I attended "the brother I know" programme and presented the stage, in the hope to dilute the issue. The so called proposal song was a coarse inference.

D: We had an interview in 2010. You said at that time it would be great if your married partner is a full time housewife.
R: My thought is still the same. Let's stop it here (laugh).

D: What is family to Jung Jihoon?
R: Everything. I think we are all the same. We have a fuller life because of our family. We won't regret one single moment we spend with our family. Whatever we do, we are together and happy. That's family, isn't it?

D: What's your dream for the future?
R: It would be good if I could laugh and joke tomorrow. This seems easy to say, but it is not easy to be like that everyday. I also hope to live well with my family, and look after my staff well. This is my highest target. Of course, even as I live like that, inside me I must sharpen my knife. I don't know if I, or the people I nurture, will make it, but I want to do activities that bring surprises to the world. I believe it won't be long our country will come out with a Michael Jackson. May be it already did, Psy. It's great to have a Korean song on biilboard. But he didn't realize he could make it like that. I think someone higher will come out.

Source: http://cafe.naver.com/officialcloud/32734

• Like 1

'The Unit' shares more still cuts of the mentors' first encounter + mentors share comments for the show

By beansss    1 day ago    21,112    3,538    80
HyunA,Taemin,San-E,Rain,urban-zakapa,hwang-chi-yeol
On September 29, KBS2's idol rebooting project 'The Unit' officially launched its first open recording!

The show's mentors, led by Rain and including Hwang Chi Yeol, Urban Zakapa's Jo Hyun Ah, San E, HyunA, and SHINee's Taemin, appeared briefly in front of the press ahead of their first meeting. 

During his appearance in front of the press, Taemin said, "I am thankful for being chosen as a mentor despite still lacking in many ways", while Hwang Chi Yeol said, "I will do my best to become a good mentor". HyunA said, "I hope that the participants will not get nervous, and show off their best." 

According to reports, the 6 mentors did their best to relieve the tension and nerves of the auditioning participants on the first day of auditions. The first open recording will continue over the next two days, with 'The Unit's premiere being set for October 28.

Best of luck, everyone!

HyunA_Taemin_San-E_Rain_urban-zakapa_hwang-chi-yeol_1506730208_0003123417_001_20170930085827065.jpg

• Like 1

RAIN updated his schedule of events on his website.

1. RAIN performs at the Alice's World of Pop at Landmark Boutique Boulevard in Hong Kong on Oct 13

DLA83-MUEAAm4bF.jpg

DLA9ywrVYAEZDMR.jpg

2. RAIN performing at the Rise 2 Shine benefit concert in the Philippines on Nov 3

DLA3r-vVAAE-CZI.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rain4life said:

Top 10 Male Dancing Machines In K-pop

1. Taemin

2. Rain

3. Taeyang

4. Kikwang

5. Hoya

6. Jay Park

7. Jhope

8. Kai

9. Ukwon

10. Ten

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09/top-10-male-dancing-machines-in-k-pop/s/9

Hi rain4life, thanks for sharing this. I'll be surely surprised if RAIN won't be on this list.....:tongue:

17 hours ago, rain4life said:

Mentholatum ad in China

(cr.: shiddyvongo)

*** rain4life, also, thanks for sharing this & MORE updates about the upcoming show, "The Unit" - . :tongue:

Mentors Of “The Unit” Show Their Full Support For Contestants

Rain-HyunA-Taemin.jpg

The mentors of “The Unit” showed their enthusiasm as the program began recording.

KBS’s survival show “The Unit” began their first auditions on September 29. The auditions will continue for three days, ending on October 1. The mentors of the program, Rain, Hwang Chi Yeol, HyunA, San E, Urban Zakapa’s Jo Hyun Ah, and SHINee’s Taemin, were enthusiastic from the very first recording.

“The Unit” is a program that aims to unveil already debuted idols’ potentials and make one male and one female group in the end. The contestants will perform during the three-day auditions with the audience picking 126 who will officially get the opportunity to become the candidates for “The Unit.”

Rain, Hwang Chi Yeol, HyunA, Taemin, San E, and Jo Hyun Ah gathered in the waiting room before the recording started and had a deep discussion. As they understand the contestants’ pains more than anyone else, they were determined to play their roles to the fullest and participate in the program with sincerity.

The-Unit3.jpg

The mentors, who have reached the top in their own fields of vocal, dance, and rap, will be helping the contestants shine, giving them mental support, and teaching them in terms of skills.

The mentors put much effort to make the contestants comfortable during the first auditions. They gave encouraging words to let the idols show off their full potential, and they gave them detailed advice after closely analyzing their stages.

Desperate for their dreams, the contestants are said to have grabbed the attention of the audience with their performances, showing that they had tried their best for this one opportunity.

“The Unit” will narrow down the contestants to 126 during the three-day auditions. A male and female group, both nine members each, will end up debuting after the final round. The program is set to air its first episode on October 28.

Source (1) soompi news

“The Unit” Begins First Auditions, Announces Large Fine For Spoilers

The-Unit2.jpg

The first auditions for “The Unit” were recorded over five hours on September 29.

“The Unit” mentors Rain, San E, HyunA, Hwang Chi Yeol, Urban Zakapa’s Jo Hyun Ah, and SHINee’s Taemin were present at the recording, which started at 12:30 p.m KST.

Audience members at the auditions were required to sign a contract agreeing to pay a fine of 100 million won (approximately $87,500) if they reveal any spoilers.

According to staff, the recording was delayed two hours due to set inspections and rehearsals. A portion of the idols who were on standby had to reschedule the recording for September 30.

The staff of “The Unit” commented, “Because a mentor had predetermined schedules after 5:30 p.m, recording had to be postponed.”

Rain also shared a photo from backstage at the recording of the mentors gathered together, and asked everyone to look forward to the performances.

“The Unit” is a KBS survival show that aims to discover the hidden potential of former and current idols and will create one male and one female group. The first episode will air on October 28.

Source (1) / soompi news

18 hours ago, rain4life said:

Finally we have the full text of the interview for Ilgan Sports

Rain: "Life of a dancer singer? Ends when the beat is faster than the body"

Daily Sport (D): You will release a mini album in December. Earlier on you released some electronic music via your SNS.
Rain (R): My plan is to release publicly bit by bit the songs and styles in this album. Times had changed. It's not like before when nothing was revealed, everything was secret until the album was released. If we do it like before it will not become an issue (laugh). The paradigm changed, but something did not change, and that is the song must be unconditionally good. This time I will show my proper music and stage. The album will have 5 songs, mainly hip, urban rock. Actually when I started to compose the song, I just couldn't come out with songs like "How to avoid the sun" and "Rainism". But this time it had come out, so I have confidence in my stage.

D: "The moment when my body can't follow the beat, I don't want to dance anymore". You said this regarding the life of a dance singer.
R: My thought is still the same now. Luckily my body is still faster than the beat. My current thinking is I will stop dancing when I am 40. However by that time if my body is still faster than the beat, I will continue to dance.

D: You set up your own company.
R: After I left the army I received many big proposals. There were proposals from home, but the deals from China were even bigger. However I wanted to rest, and hoped that I could be looked after by someone. So I went to see Cube CEO Mr. Hong. We were together when I was young, and he's the person who gave me various help. As time passed, I naturally set up my own company. There are about 5 staff who are totally dedicated to my activities. I feel this number and such scale is just perfect. There is no delay in salary payment, appropriate bonus can be awarded, if the company does well they will have a salary raise. I feel good running a company of this scale.

D: Who is the guide in your life?
R: JYP is a close brother but not my guide. It seems we all have to make and walk our own life. As I open my eyes in the morning, I will ask myself " do you want to play today, do you want to work today, what do you want to do, who are you" these kind of questions. I hope I can draw my own picture as I live my life.

D: Have to ask the story about you and Kim Taehee. Two big celebrities but chose a small, private wedding ceremony.
R: I want a small wedding. I thought long and hard about the meaning of a wedding. Of course we could have a grand wedding and invited everyone. But I wondered if that was a true wedding. My wife had the same thoughts so we just did it that way. We didn't realise it became such an issue. The media knew we would get married, as we have been together for 5 years. Didn't they even publicise that we were dating? It's not the case that we didn't announce our relationship and suddenly got married. They even reported 3 times about our marriage, so we really didn't know it had become such hot issue. However it seemed that the fact we had a low key wedding made it an even hotter topic. Still, I was very happy on the day of our wedding. The priest, my family, and a few of my closest friends were together, we had a sweet and holy ceremony. I felt very blessed.

D: You wrote a proposal song "The Best Gift" for Kim Taehee. It became a bigger topic.
R: I decided not to do any show with that album. I attended "the brother I know" programme and presented the stage, in the hope to dilute the issue. The so called proposal song was a coarse inference.

D: We had an interview in 2010. You said at that time it would be great if your married partner is a full time housewife.
R: My thought is still the same. Let's stop it here (laugh).

D: What is family to Jung Jihoon?
R: Everything. I think we are all the same. We have a fuller life because of our family. We won't regret one single moment we spend with our family. Whatever we do, we are together and happy. That's family, isn't it?

D: What's your dream for the future?
R: It would be good if I could laugh and joke tomorrow. This seems easy to say, but it is not easy to be like that everyday. I also hope to live well with my family, and look after my staff well. This is my highest target. Of course, even as I live like that, inside me I must sharpen my knife. I don't know if I, or the people I nurture, will make it, but I want to do activities that bring surprises to the world. I believe it won't be long our country will come out with a Michael Jackson. May be it already did, Psy. It's great to have a Korean song on biilboard. But he didn't realize he could make it like that. I think someone higher will come out.

Source: http://cafe.naver.com/officialcloud/32734

rain4life, thanks for sharing this. I heard that this interview topped that chart of the most read articles in “culture” section on Naver last week.  I like that! RAIN, fighting! :tongue:

*** Chuseok in Korea this year will begin tomorrow, October 3 & ends on Thursday, October 5.....Chuseok, also known as the “autumn harvest festival”, (also known as “thanksgiving day”) is actually one of the four major holidays celebrated in Korea along with the Lunar New Year. It is a major holiday in South Korea when families gather together and visit their hometowns and is celebrated with a three-day national holiday. For Koreans it's a family holiday. It also known as Korean Thanksgiving Day and Koreans thank their ancestors in memorial services called Charye for the year’s harvest, and share their abundance with family and friends.( ‘Charye‘ is an important rite performed during the Chuseok holiday, as it honors one’s ancestors with a temporary shrine, containing certain foods and drinks. These items are placed in specific spots on a table, and many steps are included to properly show one’s respects.) Songpyeon (Korean rice cakes) are served at these ceremonies. It’s usually the oldest or head of the household, e.g., grandparents, parents), are dress up in traditional clothing (Hanbok), cook delicious food, and pay their respects to their ancestors.  Like in SK, the Mid-Autumn Festival is a celebration in China too. :tongue:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rain4life said:

Rain's likes on IG

Reveal hidden contents

XkVvHlBadqA.jpg

RWfT0Pt5i8o.jpg

EBmd7f0NyGg.jpg

K5g564aku3Q.jpg

bV4a-x8m3iY.jpg

WrF9nQkb7uY.jpg

YFcxRkgKM88.jpg

AJxe9JSiVWU.jpg

HcDKo6bHZzk.jpg

yZK3fpjsvgg.jpg

EntJxjiLHnc.jpg

EIPN-f2X5nA.jpg

1VliYCbXK-Y.jpg

v_NTkapj6Ow.jpg

l4g1zFIqk2I.jpg

Ou0QqaxExVA.jpg

Qep6-zBc7t0.jpg

nRsVSa9C374.jpg

qop8v_o-z3g.jpg

VAW95O7c9uY.jpg

emxGMmWM1Sg.jpg

9Q-kPv169B4.jpg

-aAIdcSkH44.jpg

h1yy4dsQJRE.jpg

Lcve1hpYhUs.jpg

-FSoz2NyNIg.jpg

y_1sgG8DTGY.jpg

5U54woEa4D0.jpg

JRr7hANo0UQ.jpg

sxAf-WCMvTU.jpg

jLfxYDM9v1A.jpg

Yr09Whb5eQA.jpg

uDOVeCbwcKY.jpg

FCPrxmtMwDo.jpg

np4cHT9rHfA.jpg

yQPRCjHxCnE.jpg

eXcGYsbf9mc.jpg

rain4life, thanks for sharing this. Actually, RAIN liked many of them yesterday. Despite of his busy schedule for The Unit's recording he still finds time to do this - hahaha - I'm sure he did this in between recording. So NICE to see that he's back again on SNS. I like that!   :tongue:

*** I don't also dig this outfit during the 1st day recording..... :tongue:

robe rain

2017092910574959101.jpg?w=620

Oh, Rain. What an outfit. Haha. I’m just so amused by it though he doesn’t look half bad. He is just too hunky and broad-shouldered for the knitted robe he is wearing. The deep forest green is a signature fall hue but… ha. And he paired it with tan cowboy boots. Hmmmm…

201709291048195038-1.jpg

The daddy-to-be stepped out for an idol event and well, if he was aiming to be the  hip halbae of the K-pop world, his dressing certainly is on point. I love him but I don’t love his wardrobe all the time. But he looks all serene and quietly blissful which I guess is more important. 

201709291052348365.jpg

Photo credits as stated  / https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2017/09/29/robe-rain/

• Like 1