Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

San E, Hwang Chi Yeol, And Urban Zakapa’s Jo Hyun Ah Confirmed To Join Rain As Mentors On “The Unit”

Hwang-Chi-Yeol-San-E-Jo-Hyun-Ah-Rain.jpg

The mentors have been confirmed for KBS2’s idol rebooting project “The Unit”!

On September 26, rapper San E shared a photo on his Instagram, posing with Hwang Chi Yeol, Urban Zakapa’s Jo Hyun Ah, and Rain.

He wrote as the caption, “My first impression of ‘The Unit’ mentors at our first KBS company get-together. Hwang Chi Yeol is affectionate, Jo Hyun Ah’s just always like a 19-year-old to me, Rain is a legend, and San E…hmm…what am I? What do you guys think I am?”

These four artists will be mentoring the participants on the show so that the idols can fully showcase their talent and potential. Hwang Chi Yeol and Jo Hyun Ah will be vocal trainers, and San E will be a rap trainer.

“The Unit” will be holding its first open recording at the Kintex Hall 9 in Ilsan on September 29, 30, and October 1, and the first episode of the show will be airing on October 28.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

***  I hope we could get the English subs later on. He talks about his upcoming movie & "The Unit" where he said that it took for him a long time to decide his appearance in this show - He said that this is to be broadcast on October 28. He is a mentor and host. (Ohhh....) He mentioned about "Fan Club" where he relates as being a mentor in this show, that he had tasted the sweetness and salty taste of the entertainment industry before debut days. He revealed that he rejected it a few times. And this was offered to him for a very long time.  In this show he said that there are some who will disappear and some of them will survive with passion.  He has a message to "The Unit" participants : "I do not fall into the swamp because I'm down here. I want to explain to the kids that if you have a passion, keep challenging them. You are one of everybody. There is a chance to show yourself.  I'd like to tell them to believe in themselves because there is another chance even if they will lose." He would like to give hope to them, so this is one of the reasons why he took this job mentoring them. When he was 19 ~ 20 years old, he had a lot of trouble when he was dancing because he was so tall & he also started to work out when he was in junior high school. He was dancing to every beat and he's basically low-pitched. So he searched and listened to the song of the best person in his same age at the time and he sang it for one or two hours while he was on a treadmill because he wanted to perform live on stage and wanted to give a good performance. Also, he mentioned that he completed filming his upcoming movie already & will open before the year ends. This is a 12 billion won movie, excluding marketing expenses. He did not really know his character in the movie because it happened in the 1910's when he was not born yet so he was worried about how he could act this out He read the script twice. That was the time he said he could do it.  The director changed during the mid-filming but it has been completed well. He did his best & worked hard in the movie. He has high expectation on this movie so, he believes that it will come out well enough. He also mentioned that he's coming back to the music scene this December after (3) years.  It will be a hip hop track. :tongue:

***New RAIN interview (Ilgan Sports)

http://tv.naver.com/v/2109649

cr-Alisa4RAIN/Rain's Cafe

• Like 1

***  He also mentioned in the interview (48th Anniversary of Ilgan Sports) that in 2010 he was caught for driving under influence of alcohol. (I remember this -)  At that time, he only had two bottles of soju. According to him, 2-3 bottles are right enough.... :tongue:

New RAIN pictures from the interview

0002713361_001_20170927110526890.jpg?typ

0002713361_003_20170927110526944.jpg?typ

0002713361_004_20170927110526962.jpg?typ

Spoiler

0002713361_005_20170927110526986.jpg?typ

0002713361_006_20170927110527002.jpg?typ

0002713361_007_20170927110527026.jpg?typ

credit : NaverTV / Alisa4RAIN/Rain's Cafe

Spoiler

• Like 1

*** It says here that when RAIN was in Paris he dined in at K-restaurant, Akasaka with a specialty of pork ribs stew with potato. This restaurant has been in Paris for (20) years. It didn’t mention if he was with KTH or not..... :tongue:

IMG_5007.jpg?type=w966

IMG_4997.jpg?type=w966

IMG_4998.jpg?type=w966

Spoiler

IMG_5003.jpg?type=w966

LINK here : http://midar88.blog.me/221104910810

credit : raincloudworld/Rain's Cafe

Spoiler

• Like 1

*** RAIN has always NICE quotes..... I remember he mentioned this during his Seoul concert that he thinks he can sing and perform on stage for two or three more years. :tongue:

Rain denies J.Y. Park is his guide in life and talks about his upcoming comeback

Rain-jy-park.jpg

Singer/actor Rain recently held an interview with Ilgan Sports, discussing his December comeback, his marriage, his appearance on KBS2's 'The Unit', and more!

SEE ALSO: 'The Unit' producers reveal why they chose Rain to be one of the mentors

Rain will be having a busy latter half of 2017, with his new film 'Uhmbokdong' awaiting its premiere, his comeback with a mini album confirmed for December, and of course, his newfound position as a mentor for his hoobaes on 'The Unit'.

He first opened up about his comeback, with, "I plan on including about 5 tracks, with the main theme being a trendy, urban rock sound. In truth, I wasn't able to write high performance songs like 'How to Avoid the Sun' and 'Rainism' up until now. But this time, I did it. So I'm confident in my performance."

About his views on the life expectancy of a dance artist, Rain said, "Fortunately, my body is still faster than the beat. In my current opinion, I want to stop dancing around my 40's, but if my body is still faster than the beat then, I'll keep dancing."

To a question on his guide in life, Rain answered, "J.Y. Park is a close hyung and a teacher to me, but not my guide in life. I think you have to make your own life's path yourself. I ask myself when I wake up in the mornings, 'Do I want to kick back, or work today? What do I want to do? I want to paint a happy picture in my life."

source : allkpop

• Like 1

***Ilgan Sports interview with RAIN was held in this restaurant, Table 1 Restaurant. They asked RAIN : "What is your future dream?" RAIN : "I hope I can laugh and smile tomorrow. It sounds easy, but it is not easy to be able to do this every day.:tongue:

credit : lingshyu / Rains' Cafe

• Like 1

***I almost didn’t watch this drama – But, after watching it, I find it good, really good. RAIN was just really new here. This was his debut drama. :tongue:

Rain Opens Up About Lack Of New Hollywood Appearances And His Favorite Drama

Rain2-1-e1506539067947.jpg

Rain talked about the Hollywood movies and Korean dramas he has starred in throughout his career in a recent interview.

The singer has appeared in three Hollywood films before: “Ninja Assassin,” “Speed Racer,” and “The Prince.” He commented, “I did receive numerous offers from Hollywood. However, I also had to enlist in the army at the time. When I came back, I couldn’t ignore my absence [from the Korean industry].”

Rain reflected on how he became very active in Asia after discharging from the army. He said, “Personally, I feel very unsatisfied [with my Hollywood career]. I think it would’ve been nice if I had done a few more [Hollywood] films. However, I had to go on a concert tour as well. I was so busy that a year’s worth of time didn’t seem to be enough.”

When asked which drama or movie of his he liked best, Rain said it was “Sangdoo, Let’s Go to School.” He explained, “It was my first leading role,” and said he remembers filming it with an innocent mindset, without knowing anything about acting. The singer commented, “I was Sangdoo, and Sangdoo was me. Until this day, ‘Sangdoo, Let’s Go to School’ is not only my debut drama, but my best work.” Rain also shared that while he had he starred in other dramas before “Sangdoo, Let’s Go to School,” he was edited out of them, so most people wouldn’t know he played minor roles.

Meanwhile, Rain is set to serve as a mentor on KBS’s “The Unit” and release a new album in December.

Source 1/ soompi new

• Like 3

*** They’re both lucky to each other. :tongue:

Rain Talks About Deciding With Kim Tae Hee On A Small Wedding

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain.png

During a recent interview, singer and actor Rain was asked about his private and small wedding to Kim Tae Hee.

Rain said, “I really wanted a small wedding. For a long time, I thought about what the meaning of a wedding was. Of course, I could’ve had a grand wedding and invited everyone. My wife and I shared the same opinions, so we were able to [have a small wedding].”

He admitted he was very satisfied about how their wedding turned out. He added, “I was really happy to have a cozy wedding with the priest, our family members, and a few close friends.”

The topic of Rain’s proposal song “The Best Present” for Kim Tae Hee came up. Rain explained, “I didn’t want to use it for a variety show, but the reason why I talked about it on ‘Ask Us Anything’ was so that I could dilute the wedding issue. I thought the people who would know it was a proposal song would guess it.”

Rain will soon be serving as a mentor on “The Unit” and will release a new album in December.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3