Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

13-07-10 The Showbiz 411 - News_ South Korean pop star Rain ends military service
Credit : The Showbiz 411/ ratoka

700 fans welcome Rain as civilian

20130710001002_0.jpg

Around 700 fans from all over the globe including Japan, China, Turkey, Malaysia and the U.S. gathered together in Yongsan, Seoul, on Wednesday morning to welcome back K-pop star Rain during his military discharge ceremony.

“Thank you all for coming,” said Rain. “I will do my best and work hard to show everyone the best side of myself.”

With some fans having waited overnight outside the Defense Ministry gate to catch a glimpse of the star, the entertainer left the base expressing his gratitude to the media and all those who came out that morning. However, many were surprised by his quick exit. Rain kept his discharge speech short and left the scene after only a minute.

While serving nearly two years of his mandatory military service, the singer-actor was involved in his fair share of controversies and scandals concerning his behavior and rule-breaking while on active duty.

Now that Rain has officially completed his duties, he is expected to make a big return under his new agency Cube Entertainment.

By Julie Jackson  (juliejackson@heraldcorp.com)

Guest merycote

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"Rain - [13 07 10] Discharge from the military (Eng sub)

DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?61z8k63dnbwjjoy
 I'm so happy for his back :)

merycote said: id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"Rain - [13 07 10] Discharge from the military (Eng sub)

class="entry-title"Rain Undecided on U.S. Activities Posted on 2013/07/11 by Lee Eun Ah

[PHOTO] Rain is Discharged from Military

Top Korean singer-actor Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, walks up to the media and his fans after being discharged from the military’s Defense Media Agency in Seoul, Korea on July 10, 2013. [TenAsia/Gue Hye-jung]

A U.S. entertainment firm founded by Jay-Z has asked Rain to pursue his activities in the U.S. with them but Rain has yet to make a decision.

Rain’s new agency CUBE Entertainment confirmed the news with TenAsia over the phone on Thursday and explained, “Rain was just discharged from the military and it hasn’t been long since he changed his agency so there is a lot that has to be organized.”

Rain was discharged from the military’s Media Defense Agency just yesterday to fulfill Korea’s two-year mandatory duty required of all able-bodied men.

Jay-Z, who is also known as Beyonce’s husband, is well-known as a Grammy-winning rapper who has sold approximately 50 million copies of his album.

Through his entertainment company Roc Nation, Jay-Z has produced the albums for hip-hop and R&B musicians including J.Cole, Rita Ora and actor Will Smith’s daughter Willow Smith, also an influential name in the business.

Although Rain has held a solo concert in the U.S., he is better known in the country as an actor for his roles in the U.S. films “Ninja Assassin” and “Speed Racer.”

A music industry source said, “If Rain works with Jay-Z, Rain has a high chance of being active as both a singer and actor [in the U.S.]”

Source:tenasia

[07-11] 13-07-11 Rain @ newspaper

13-07-11 Rain @ newspaper

Credit @wantan0625//ratoka@@ RAINLEGEND

------------------------------------------------

[07-11] [KOARImovienews]13-07-11 Rain discharge from the military

[KOARImovienews]13-07-11 Rain discharge from the military

credit : KOARImovienews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7qNNsCL9tw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O7qNNsCL9tw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTj5M6Sm7bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PTj5M6Sm7bs

---------------------------------------------------------

[07-11] 13-07-11 Arirang - Showbiz Korea_Top 5 Male Stars

13-07-11 Arirang - Showbiz Korea_Top 5 Male Stars, who Look Good in Swimsuits

Credit : arirangworld

-------------------------------------------------------

[07-11] 13-07-10 OBS - Unique Ent. News_Rain discharge from the military

13-07-10 OBS - Unique Ent. News_Rain discharge from the military

Credit : ratoka

@anjjo and @willenette
thanks dears for all the updates!!! Because of your updates and undying support to Rain we also get to know everything about him. Seriously what will we do without you guys? So thank you!!! 

July 12, 2013

class="art_title"Fans Flock from Around World to Greet Rain on Release from Army

Rain Rain

Over 700 fans from countries as widespread as China, Japan, Malaysia, Turkey and the U.S. came to Korea to greet K-pop star Rain when he was discharged from the army on Wednesday after completing 21 months of mandatory military service.

They showed up in the early hours to see him in front of the Defense Media Agency in Yongsan, Seoul. Some camped out overnight despite the rain to catch a glimpse of their idol.

Rain saluted his fans and said, "I will work hard to show my best for everyone."

englishnews@chosun.com / Jul. 11, 2013 10:00 KST

***Another RAIN article - Here's the link :

http://koalasplayground.com/2013/07/10/rain-is-discharged-from-the-military-after-completing-service/
cr-KTH's thread / Nancyzak

class="storyheadline"K-pop star Rain finishes military service

Read more at: http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/k-pop-star-rain-finishes-military-service-18096?cp
email comments K-pop star Rain finishes military service

SEOUL
: South Korean pop icon Rain was officially released from mandatory military service Wednesday, with hundreds of fans shedding tears of joy over the star's comeback.

About 700 devotees from South Korea and abroad exploded into ecstatic cheers as the 31-year-old K-pop star emerged from the defence ministry building in Seoul, where he had gone to receive his discharge papers.

Some banner-carrying fans, weary from camping out overnight in drizzling rain, broke into tears as the star walked out wearing a military uniform.

"Thank you all for coming to welcome me. I'll do my best. I love you all," Yonhap news agency quoted the singer as saying, as he gave fans a military salute.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-Hoon, is one of the biggest names in the world of K-pop, which commands a huge following in South Korea, across much of Asia and beyond.

In January, he was confined to barracks for a week after he was caught sneaking out for to meet a love interest while on official duty.

He was dating a Kim Tae-Hee, a TV drama star with a massive following in Japan.

South Korean men are obligated to serve about two years in the country's armed forces.

Military service is taken extremely seriously in South Korea, which remains technically at war with North Korea because their 1950-53 conflict ended with a ceasefire rather than a peace treaty.

Apart from those with physical disabilities, exemptions are rare and anyone refusing to serve -- for moral or religious reasons -- faces an automatic jail term.

Celebrities are frequently caught attempting to evade military service for fear they might be forgotten by their fans while in uniform.

"Gangnam Style" star Psy was forced to serve twice after it emerged he had furthered his showbiz interests during his first stint.

Story first published on: July 11, 2013 16:30 (MYT)

source : http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/k-pop-star-rain-finishes-military-service-18096?cp
cr-KTH's thread / xheonheex

*** RAIN gave fans a military salute also. :wave2

13-07-11 tvN - E News_Rain discharge from the military

credit : ratoka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FCSD0tCgHc

Today's Photo: July 11, 2013 [2]

photo326405.jpg

Fans wait for superstar Rain to be released from military service in Seoul on Wednesday.

photo326416.jpg

photo326415.jpg

photo326414.jpg

photo326413.jpg

photo326412.jpg

photo326411.jpg

photo326410.jpg

photo326409.jpg

photo326408.jpg

photo326407.jpg

photo326406.jpg

photo326404.jpg

photo326403.jpg

2013071100354_0.jpg
Fans wait for superstar Rain to be released from military service in Seoul on Wednesday.

• [*]
2013071100354_0_thumb.jpg[*] 2013071100354_1_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_2_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_3_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_4_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_5_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_6_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_7_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_8_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_9_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_10_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_11_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_12_thumb.jpg [*] 2013071100354_13_thumb.jpg

englishnews@chosun.com / 2013/07/11 07:35 KST

anjjo said:

[07-12] [Fancam]13-07-10 RAIN discharge from the military

[Fancam]13-07-10  RAIN discharge from the military

Credit : MidnightMimosa RAIN

------------------------------------------------

[07-11] [KOARImovienews]13-07-11 Rain discharge from the military

[KOARImovienews]13-07-11 Rain discharge from the military

credit : KOARImovienews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7qNNsCL9tw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O7qNNsCL9tw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTj5M6Sm7bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PTj5M6Sm7bs

-------------------------------------------------------

[07-11] 13-07-10 OBS - Unique Ent. News_Rain discharge from the military

13-07-10 OBS - Unique Ent. News_Rain discharge from the military

Credit : ratoka

Rain Discharged from Military Service

8539_5347_l.jpg

Over 700 fans from Japan, China and Turkey welcome Rain

Singer Rain (real name-Jung Ji-hoon, 31) has completed his 21-month military service at the Defense Media Agency of the Ministry of National Defense and was discharged from military service on July 10.He appeared at the western gate of the Ministry of National Defense building in Yongsan-dong 3-ga, Yongsan-gu, central Seoul, at 8 a.m. and was welcomed by fans and reporters. He revealed his feelings about being discharged from military service briefly, saying "I will show you a good look by doing my best and working hard. I thank you, as always." He saluted fans and left the scene in a car after a few minutes. Over 700 fans as estimated by the police, from Korea and abroad (including Japan, China, Turkey, U.S., and Malaysia) waited from the afternoon of the previous day to see Rain coming out from the military camp carrying in their hands signs with messages such as "We will join you in Act 2" and "Rain instead of flower". When Rain was seen walking out toward the gate, fans shouted in loud voices and some foreign fans cried in Korean "Jung Ji-hoon! Jung Ji-hoon!" Other fans burst into tears in deep emotion. Rain began his military service in October, 2011 at the 306th Army draft camp in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do province. After completing a five-week basic military training, he was transferred to the position of training assistant at the Recruit Training Center of the Army 5th Division and was selected as an entertainment soldier.

credit : KBS Global

class="entryHeadline"The 10 Sexiest Men in K-Pop

Most of the men of K-pop share similar traits: perfect complexions (almost always with the aid of makeup), chiseled faces (often with the aid of plastic surgery), and an image that is steamy-yet-conservative. Still, the genre's heartthrobs run the gamut from impossibly ripped to androgynous. In any case, here are our choices for the 10 sexiest men in K-pop: These guys have got game.

(skipped unrelated...)

rain.jpg

5. Rain

Rain is arguably the best known K-pop star and can still out-dance, out-sing and out-woo all the young bucks. As the original mack daddy, he enjoyed a lot of American exposure -- including an appearance on The Colbert Report -- but crossing over didn't work out. Rain recently wrapped up his term in military service and is currently building his own media empire.

source : LAWeekly (http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2013/07/sexiest_men_in_kpop_korea.php)

cr-JJ thread / tealee

[08-Jul-13][Kpopstarz]K-pop Stage Names: Where They Came From (Rain Part only)

Posted by memo-rain on July 12, 2013

ra.jpg

Most idols use their Korean names as their stage names, but once in awhile an agency will give random members a name that makes you wonder where it came from. Here's a lesson on where some of these K-pop stage names derived from!

Solo superstar Rain's real name is Jung Hi Joon which he uses as his actor name. Apparently Ji Hoon went for the name "Rain" when some people noted that he danced with a certain sad charisma. The chinese word "bei" translated to sadness and Koreans use the word "bi" to pronounce "bei," which means "rain" in Korean. Did that confuse you? It's simpler than it sounds. All you need to know is that his name comes from sadness.

source : kpopstarz

---------------------------------------------------

class="articletitle"K-pop Men in Suits, 'Classy and Chic'

K-pop Men in Suits.

July 12, 2013

You see them most of the time frolicking in some ridiculous stage costume wear or in a pair of brightly colored jeans and a patterned top that you also happen to have in your closet. But rarely do you see our favorite K-pop men rocking a classy suit. In the right suit, with the right measurements and lengths, any man can look like a million bucks. Most women have weaknesses for men in uniform, but I get weak in the knees for a man in a handsome suit. Here are the hottest idols wearing suits:

skipped  .   .      .      .

skipped  .     .        .    .

Rain! Rain! Rain on me! The slicked sideway hair-do and that suit on Rain is like a delicious sundae on a hot summer day. Mmmm, yummy!

85312.jpg

skipped      .      .     .       .

Source:kpopstarz

Guest merycote

willenette

said:

merycote

said:

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"Rain - [13 07 10] Discharge from the military (Eng sub)

[Cloud Notice] About Cloud 8 Fan Meeting

by huhuhuhu@rain-cloud.co.kr

If you are 8th Cloud members (you should see a blue cloud next to your ID) you could read the notice at the following link:

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/board/view.asp?mstSeq=23&mstpSeq=&bcmSeq=8&seq=55870&page=1&searchType=title&searchStr=

For your information, the Cloud recruits members on a yearly (or almost yearly) term basis and we are currently on 8th Cloud term.  The 8th Cloud term has extended quite a bit due to the hiatus with Rain's military service.  All 8th Cloud members will receive their membership card, souvenirs and are entitilted to attend a fan meeting.  The above link is the notice about the upcoming fan meeting.

Some of you were not able to join the 8th Cloud in time so you may not be able to attend the fan meeting.  For those of you who are not 8th Cloud members, who have been active at the Cloud, and would like to join the fan meeting, please send me a private message and I will see if I could help.  I cannot promise anything yet, but I will definitely try to help.

-----------------------------------------------

I think I have not seen these photos before.  He is so sexy!  :x

Old Pics of Rain from Rain비- Cloud America
(July 7, 2013)

Have a nice day all cloud!!!
These photos  Rain at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya(Thailand) Mar 19,2011^€^

photos : Superdog

1043857_504145666320990_840762131_n.jpg

1011309_504149386320618_1686295608_n.jpg

580211_504147882987435_707747042_n.jpg

1011983_504147799654110_1975705553_n.jpg

1044450_504145932987630_290772706_n.jpg

Rain비- Cloud America
July 7, 2013

Posted By: Superdog Spinz
Hell!!all cloud.
We want to share photo,Rain at Thailand Airport ( 19/03/2011 )

photos : Superdog

1010551_504105152991708_475926937_n.jpg

1002117_504105436325013_171236525_n.jpg

13-07-10 Rainyent tweet about Rain's discharge from miitray

Posted by memo-rain on July 13, 2013

TW.png

------------------------------------------

More foreign news about his discharge - The world star is back!

[Fox News]13-07-10 K-pop star Rain finishes military service

fox.jpg

SEOUL (AFP) – South Korean pop icon Rain was officially released from mandatory military service Wednesday, with hundreds of fans shedding tears of joy over the star's comeback.

About 700 devotees from South Korea and abroad exploded into ecstatic cheers as the 31-year-old K-pop star emerged from the defence ministry building in Seoul, where he had gone to receive his discharge papers.

Some banner-carrying fans, weary from camping out overnight in drizzling rain, broke into tears as the star walked out wearing a military uniform.

"Thank you all for coming to welcome me. I'll do my best. I love you all," Yonhap news agency quoted the singer as saying, as he gave fans a military salute.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-Hoon, is one of the biggest names in the world of K-pop, which commands a huge following in South Korea, across much of Asia and beyond.

In January, he was confined to barracks for a week after he was caught sneaking out for to meet a love interest while on official duty.

He was dating a Kim Tae-Hee, a TV drama star with a massive following in Japan.

South Korean men are obligated to serve about two years in the country's armed forces.

Military service is taken extremely seriously in South Korea, which remains technically at war with North Korea because their 1950-53 conflict ended with a ceasefire rather than a peace treaty.

Apart from those with physical disabilities, exemptions are rare and anyone refusing to serve -- for moral or religious reasons -- faces an automatic jail term.

Celebrities are frequently caught attempting to evade military service for fear they might be forgotten by their fans while in uniform.

"Gangnam Style" star Psy was forced to serve twice after it emerged he had furthered his showbiz interests during his first stint.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/10/k-pop-star-rain-finishes-mi...

source : http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/10/k-pop-star-rain-finishes-mi...

-----------------------------------------------------

[bBC News]13-07-10 South Korean K-pop singer Rain finishes military service

bbc.jpg

South Korean singer Rain has been officially released from mandatory military service after 21 months.

Hundreds of fans waving banners cheered as the 31-year-old, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, left the Defence Ministry building in Seoul on Wednesday.

He served as an "entertainment soldier" for a unit that promotes the military.

The popular K-pop star was found to have broken military rules in January after photos of him meeting an actress surfaced.

Fans cheered as Rain emerged from the ministry building, having collected his discharge papers.

"Thank you all for coming to welcome me. I'll do my best. I love you all," he was quoted by Yonhap news agency as saying.

All able-bodied South Korean men are required to serve time in the military - a legacy of the 1950-53 Korean War.

The South is still technically at war with North Korea, as the conflict ended in an armistice and not a peace treaty.

Men in military service have limited free time and are largely confined to their barracks.

But reports of Rain dating popular South Korean actress Kim Tae-hee while on official duty broke in local media and he was disciplined over the incident.

In the past, artists have been known to try to avoid military duty, which has proved unpopular with the public.

Psy - known for his global hit Gangnam Style - was made to repeat his military service after being accused of neglecting his duties.

Rain began his career in 2002 and became part of the Korean Wave of drama and popular music that has spread in Asia.

His 2004 album It's Raining sold 1m copies and he appeared in several movies, including Hollywood production Speed Racer in 2008

source : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23251555

--------------------------------------------------------

[philly. News]13-07-10 SKorean pop star Rain discharged from military

pi.jpg

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - South Korean pop sensation Rain is out of the military. Under cloudy skies Wednesday, Rain fired off a crisp salute and thanked a large crowd of mostly media and women who'd gathered to commemorate his discharge after 21 months of mandatory service. The fans held signs reading in Korean and English: "We waited for you" and "Rain's coming." One Japanese fan said she'd been waiting for more than a day to see the "entertainment soldier." The 31-year-old served in an army unit that provides TV and radio programming that promotes the military. Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, has made seven albums and acted in several South Korean and Hollywood films. Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2011. He hasn't said what his future plans are. South Korea requires all able-bodied men serve about two to three years in the military, a legacy of the 1950-53 Korean War.

source : http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/nation_world/20130710_ap...