Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[My Daily]13-07-10 Rain discharge from the military
credit : my Daily / ratoka

Rain finishes scandal-hit military service

Singer-actor to get off to new start with new agency

20130709000879_0.jpg
Rain. (Rainy Entertainment)

K-pop superstar Rain, or Jung Ji-hoon, was officially discharged from his mandatory military duties on Wednesday after nearly two years of service. The entertainer entered the military in October 2011 and served as a PR officer for the Defense Media Agency.

As a celebrity soldier, Rain was caught in a string of controversies during his service that raised the question of whether disciplinary actions would force the entertainment solider to be discharged later than originally scheduled. The military’s alleged special treatment of celebrity soldiers had been under close scrutiny and criticism by the public.

The most recent scandal involved violating on-duty military rules by drinking and visiting an erotic massage parlor with fellow entertainment soldiers after a concert.

Two weeks ago, Rain and several other active duty PR soldiers including singer Se7en, Sanchu of the group Mighty Mouth, KCM (Kang Chang-Mo), and Kim Kyung-hyun from group “The Cross” were filmed wearing civilian clothes, using cellphones and drinking alcohol. Se7en and Sanchu were also filmed leaving an erotic massage parlor at 3 a.m.

Last year, Rain also came under fire following reports of going on dates with popular actress Kim Tae-hee while on official military duty. According to the Defense Ministry, Rain spent 71 days off duty last year, compared to the average of 43 days given to non-celebrity soldiers. The singer was reportedly sentenced to seven days of confinement for the incident.

Despite all the controversies surrounding the celebrity’s commitment to his military service, Rain is scheduled to return to his fans and continue his activities under his new agency, Cube Entertainment, joining label mates Beast, 4Minute and G.NA among others.

Cube Entertainment CEO Hong Seung-seong, who was one of the first to train Rain, announced at the end of May that the singer, actor and producer agreed sign an exclusive contract with the agency to be effective the day of his military discharge.

Hong stated that fans would become witnesses to the star’s second wave and experience his potential to become the next “world-class entertainer.”

By Julie Jackson (juliejackson@heraldcorp.com)

July 10, 2013

Singer Rain discharged from military service

Conscripted K-pop star Rain was discharged from military service on Wednesday, receiving a warm welcome from his fans.

The 31-year-old singer, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, served for 21 months as an "entertainment soldier" for an Army unit that provides TV and radio programming that promotes the military.

All able-bodied men should serve roughly two years in the South Korean military, which is still technically at war with North Korea.

Over 100 people, mostly from Japan, and reporters flocked to the front gate of the defense ministry in Seoul in the early morning to see him. Rain shortly greeted his fans and then left. 

Rain is one of the most popular male celebrities in South Korea and a well-known star in other Asian countries, and has appeared in several TV series and films.

The singer was in trouble earlier this year after he was spotted on a date with Kim Tae-Hee, a top actress with a massive following in Japan, and faced disciplinary action. (Yonhap News)

credit : Korea Herald

***RAIN is really such a good son - he loves his Mom so much. The more that I love & admire him. RAIN always lives up to my expectations.  So, he visited his Mom's grave alone - BTW, where's Dad & Hana, huh? I can't wait for the coming days to hear good news about him. I'm sure there will be amazing news soon. This gonna be a daebak comeback! :wave2

[Pic]13-07-10 Rain Visit his Mother′s Grave After His discharge

source : http://news.nate.com/view/20130710n17440

2013071012090451384_3.jpg

2013071012090451384_1.jpg

credit : ratoka-Rain Legend

***Pls. bear with this google-translation***

'Global' non-"I'll get even harder and show you"

0mbn_banner_close.PNG201307100811148171870A_1.jpg

[Asia Economy yigeumjun News] Singer Rain ended the spirited throughout the report. Ratio is 10 am in front of Yongsan, Seoul National Defense has jeonyeoksik "thank you for the many people and the future looks even harder to show that I will get back to you" ride the short end of the vehicle was leaving. PR-support of a non-Department of Defense recently surfaced one discipline Despite the controversy, standing in front of an imposing appearance attracted the attention of reporters. Salute dabujin eyes and moderation in the future one of the activities of the emergency readiness was feeling. Jeonyeoksik day, about 200 people at the scene and a number of reporters, fans feel the rush of rain cooled Kerala was not popular. In particular, the ratio of fans until the vehicle is out of sight across hot cheer throughout welcomed him. On the other hand, recently signed a contract with Cube Entertainment Rain relax and plan future activities will be coordinated.

Yigeumjun news reporter jjy @ music @ Photo jeongjunyoung

source : 10Asia

***What’s correct – 100 or 200 reporters? Whatever……………we’ve seen so many of them there. And poor RAIN, he didn’t know what to do after saying his greetings because some reporters were already eager to interview him. Good, that those people assisting him were alert that he guided him right away going to the car. But, he’s just so good that he pulled-over for a while to greet his fans.

:))

[Y-star News]13-07-10 Rain Discharge From the Army

credit : ystar news / ratoka

RAIN gets discharged from the army

rain.jpg

Rain was officially discharged from his mandatory military duties after nearly two years of service.

On the morning of July 10, Rain was discharged from the Ministry of National Defense at Yongsan-gu, Seoul where he has been serving for the past 2 years. He was greeted by 100 press members and 700 fans who had been waiting for him.

Rain said, “Thank you for coming. I’ll do my best to work hard.”

source : dailykpopnews

class="blog_h2 entry-title"Rain will officially be discharged from the Army on the morning of July 10

2013070917390254401_1.jpg

Rain is to be discharged from the military by the Ministry of National Defense in Yongsan-gu, Seoul, at 8:00 a.m. on July 10 and will immediately greet his fans and meet the press. He entered the Army at a training center in Uijeongbu, South Korea, on Oct. 11, 2011, where he received basic military training for five weeks. Afterwards he served as a teaching assistant at a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division until his assignment was changed to “entertainment soldier” in March 2011.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of National Defense started a strict crackdown on PR agents after the SBS program In Depth 21 revealed that PR agents were freely roaming around in casual wear and drinking alcohol after performing at an Army concert. With the recent scandals about celebrity soldiers still fresh in the minds of many, the Ministry of National Defense expressed in a statement that despite the current investigations of PR agents, Rain will be discharged as planned.

class="content-title" Rain Discharged from Military, Visits Mother’s Grave crystalcove July 10, 2013

Rain Discharged from Military, Visits Mother’s Grave

Singer and actor Rain has been discharged from military today, July 10 KST, after 21 months of military service.

Rain left the Ministry of National Defense Public Relations Department office in Yongsan, Seoul today at 8AM. There were about 100 members of the press and 700 fans at the location, some fans having waited there since the day before. Rain spoke in front of his fans and the press very briefly for about three minutes, in which the Korean media is interpreting as caution after the recent controversy over the lenient rules of celebrity soldiers. 

Rain thanked the public for coming and added, “I will work hard and do my best.”

After this short message, Rain got into the transportation provided by his agency and visited his mother’s grave. A source from his agency stated that Rain will be spending time with his family for the next few days first.

Rain started his military service October 10, 2011. It is known that he visited his mother’s grave the day before. 

Welcome back, Rain!

rain military discharge 3

Rain notifying the public of his military discharge

rain military discharge 1

The press taking pictures of Rain

rain military discharge 5

Rain visiting his mother’s grave

rain military discharge 4

Rain leaving the memorial park

Source (1) (2) (3) / soompi news

[10-Jul-2013][star]The first thing Rain did after his discharge was to visit his mother's grave.

%EB%82%A9%EA%B3%A81.jpg

World star Rain visiting his mother's grave inside a Memorial Park in Kyungki-do's Paju city immediately after his discharge on the 10th.

"Mother, your son is here..."

The first thing Rain did immediately after finishing the 21 months of mandatory military duty on the morning of the 10th, was to visit his mother's grave. Many people expected that he would meet his lover 'Kim Tae-Hee', but it was nothing like anyone had expected.

Rain was discharged from the Defense Media Agency located in Seoul's Yongsan-gu at around 8am this day where the scene was full of more then 800 fans and more than 200 reporters waiting for him to see his discharge.

Rain went off after leaving a statement as, "Army sergeant 'Jung Ji-Hoon' has been ordered to be discharged from the army on July 10th. Thank you for coming today. I'll try harder from now on. I always appreciate the support of me, and I'll never stop giving my best effort."

It took only 20 seconds to get into a car arranged for him after leaving the brief statement. He looked stiff without a smile, without waving even at his screaming fans.

It is simply that Rain must have gone through a lot of distress these days as it is a situation where the poor management of entertainment soldiers is at the heart of a controversy.

According to one of his associates he was accompanied by to the grave inside a memorial park in Kyungki-do's Paju city, the first thing he did was to bow deeply to his late mother.

%EB%82%A9%EA%B3%A82.jpg

World star Rain visiting his mother's grave inside a Memorial Park in Kyungki-do's Paju city immediately after his discharge on the 10th.

Following, "And then, Rain was standing in silent homage around the grave for about 15~20 minutes, keeping telling himself as if he prayed for her."

Rain is known to be extremely devoted to his mother. He was often seen crying when reminiscing about his late mother even after being a world star, as well as when he was a rookie, through media outlets.

His mother suffered from diabetes, but she died without receiving adequate treatment in 2000 because his family was too poor. He often made a frank confession of this fact .

Since he knows this is when interest in on him locally and abroad, there's no time like the present. Perhaps he expressed his willingness to reestablish his resolve by reminiscing about his memories of her.

"Mother, your son is here, and, my fans, Rain is here."

%EB%82%A9%EA%B3%A83.jpg

Singer Rain who has left the army on the 10th with an honorable discharge.

Credit to Star News http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=108&aid=0002232111

English translation by 화니

------------------------------------------------

[brief][images] Rain's official Army discharge in our local Atlanta news. (7/10)

The news about Rain being out of the military is practically in every city and small town paper in the U.S.A. I even found it here in our biggest newspaper, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Well, all right. :) 

-- Stephe ^@@^

AJCRainArmyDischarge6_CUSA.JPG

AJCRainArmyDischarge1_CUSA.JPG

AJCRainArmyDischarge2_CUSA.JPG

AJCRainArmyDischarge3_CUSA.JPG

AJCRainArmyDischarge4_CUSA.JPG

[07-10] [MediaVop]13-07-10 Rain discharge from the military

[MediaVop]13-07-10 Rain discharge from the military

Credit :MediaVop

-------------------------------------------------

[07-10] [ytnnews24]13-07-10 Rain discharge from the military

[ytnnews24]13-07-10 Rain discharge from the military

Credit :ytnnews24

--------------------------------------------------

[07-10] [news1korea13-07-10 Rain discharge from the military

[news1korea13-07-10 Rain discharge from the military

Credit : news1korea

-------------------------------------------------

[07-10] 13-07-10 Rain @ restaurant in Goyang city

13-07-10 Rain @ restaurant in Goyang city

source : http://news.nate.com/view/20130710n28090

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud co.kr

1%28189%29.jpg

2%28122%29.jpg

3%28110%29.jpg

4%2893%29.jpg

class="entry-title"Rain is Discharged from Military Posted on 2013/07/10

[PHOTO] Rain is Discharged from Military

Top Korean singer-actor Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, stands in front of the media and his fans after being discharged from the military’s Defense Media Agency in Seoul, Korea on July 10, 2013. [TenAsia/Gue Hye-jung]

Top Korean star Rain wrapped up his eventful two-year mandatory military service with a brief press event this morning.

Rain appeared in front of the media and some 500 fans at the Ministry of National Defense after being discharged from the military’s Defense Media Agency (DMA) in Seoul on Wednesday morning and said, “I appreciate your visit, and I always feel grateful for all of it. I will do my best [in my further activities].”

However, he left the site immediately after giving his brief remark with a somewhat serious face, apparently in consideration of an ongoing controversy surrounding the illicit conduct of soldiers under the DMA.

The Defense Ministry has been investigating the soldiers of the DMA, the military’s PR unit, after they were found to have engaged in a slew of activities prohibited of those serving in the military.

However, they judged that Rain did not do anything that is worthy of facing disciplinary action and he was discharged from his post as scheduled.

This was also not the only controversial incident Rain was involved in while in the military. He faced disciplinary action early this year after being found to have gone on unauthorized leaves to meet his actress girlfriend Kim Tae-hee.

An official with his new agency Cube Entertainment told TenAsia, “Rain has not decided on what he will do in terms of his activities yet. His future plans will be decided on after him and our C.E.O [Hong Seung-seon] discuss it.”

He recently joined Cube Entertainment, home to several popular K-pop idols including BEAST and 4minute.

Source:tenasia

willenette said:

***RAIN is really such a good son - he loves his Mom so much. The more that I love & admire him. RAIN always lives up to my expectations.  So, he visited his Mom's grave alone - BTW, where's Dad & Hana, huh? I can't wait for the coming days to hear good news about him. I'm sure there will be amazing news soon. This gonna be a daebak comeback! :wave2

[Pic]13-07-10 Rain Visit his Mother′s Grave After His discharge

source : http://news.nate.com/view/20130710n17440

2013071012090451384_3.jpg

2013071012090451384_1.jpg

credit : ratoka-Rain Legend

***Pls. bear with this google-translation***

'Global' non-"I'll get even harder and show you"

0mbn_banner_close.PNG201307100811148171870A_1.jpg

[Asia Economy yigeumjun News] Singer Rain ended the spirited throughout the report. Ratio is 10 am in front of Yongsan, Seoul National Defense has jeonyeoksik "thank you for the many people and the future looks even harder to show that I will get back to you" ride the short end of the vehicle was leaving. PR-support of a non-Department of Defense recently surfaced one discipline Despite the controversy, standing in front of an imposing appearance attracted the attention of reporters. Salute dabujin eyes and moderation in the future one of the activities of the emergency readiness was feeling. Jeonyeoksik day, about 200 people at the scene and a number of reporters, fans feel the rush of rain cooled Kerala was not popular. In particular, the ratio of fans until the vehicle is out of sight across hot cheer throughout welcomed him. On the other hand, recently signed a contract with Cube Entertainment Rain relax and plan future activities will be coordinated.

Yigeumjun news reporter jjy @ music @ Photo jeongjunyoung

source : 10Asia

Hi willenette,  as usual, the Korean press is so critical of Rain.   I wonder what he will do to please them.  :D   Following are such articles and media releases.

From Hero close to zero

2013-07-10

By Baek Byung-yeul

130710_p01_from.jpg
Rain
When Rain entered his compulsory national duty 21 months ago, he was the life of Korea’s "hallyu" party, a K-pop megastar who leveraged his popularity into Hollywood stardom.

Now, for the first time in his illustrious career as an entertainer, he finds himself at a crossroads leaving the military. After wasting an enormous amount of good will on a slew of scandals involving his behavior as a serviceman, Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, may have been irrevocably damaged as a cultural product.

The 31-year-old was officially discharged Wednesday and was greeted by some 700 fans, many from foreign countries, upon his exit from the Ministry of National Defense building in Yongsan, Seoul.

The screams were as loud as jet engines and tears flew like rivers, but Rain didn’t seem to be in a mood to address his fans for a second longer than he absolutely had to.

"Thank you for coming. I will do my best (as an entertainer)," he said, briefly managing a sorrowful smile between the gloom on his face, before hopping into a van and disappearing less than a minute later.

It would have been difficult for him to stay long enough to soak in the cheers when he has become an uncomfortable presence beyond his shrinking circle of fans.

It seemed that Rain, who had been embroiled in a number of scandals related to business investments before he entered the military, was managing to stay out of trouble wearing the uniform. Then he began to shoot himself in the foot repeatedly in 2013.

In January, Rain was caught taking more days off than he was allowed to as he met with his love interest, actress Kim Tae-hee. After being exposed by the media, Rain was placed under probation for seven days.

Then last month, an in-depth news program by SBS television caught singers Seven (Choi Dong-uk) and Sangchoo (Lee Sang-cheol), who were serving in the same unit as Rain, visiting a massage parlor after midnight following a performance at a function in Chuncheon, Gangwon Province, the previous evening.

Rain wasn’t at the parlor, which doubled as a brothel, but drank with Seven and Sangchoo until 10 p.m. the previous night, breaking curfew.

He signed with a new management agency, Cube Entertainment, in May.

Source:koreatimes.co.kr

------------------------------------------------

Rain quietly finishes military service

July 11,2013Article.aspx?aid=29743560

10205403.jpg

Rain
Singer Rain, who real name is Jung Ji-hoon, completed his mandatory military duty yesterday after serving for 21 months. About 800 fans, many from around Asia, gathered at the camp gate to cheer the singer and congratulate his discharge.

Even though many Korean celebrities use their discharge from the military to reconnect with fans and promote themselves, Rain just hurried into a vehicle after a few short words.

“Thank you all for coming,” said Rain stiffly. “I’m always thankful and will strive to do my best.”

The brevity and small scale of the event is believed to have stemmed from the controversy caused by fellow celebrity enlistees to the Defense Media Agency, Seven (real name Choi Dong-wook) and Sangchu (Lee Sang-chul), who reportedly drank alcohol and went to a massage parlor late at night on June 21.

The two celebrity soldiers were caught behaving inappropriately after performing at an event marking the 63rd anniversary of the start of the 1950-53 Korean War.

Rain also served with the Defense Media Agency from March 2012. Before that, he had been an assistant drill instructor since enlisting in October 2011.

However, the Ministry of National Defense said last week that Rain was not involved with the other celebrities’ controversy and is not part of the ongoing investigation into his fellow entertainment soldiers.

10205424.jpg

Around 800 fans gather to see the singer Rain discharged from military duty yesterday, in front of the Ministry of National Defense, in Yongsan, central Seoul. [NEWSIS]
“We understand that Rain didn’t get a chance to eat with his fellow soldiers but ate with other high-level officers and then went to sleep,” said a spokesperson at the Defense Ministry.

“Even if he had some alcoholic beverages during a meal, we have concluded that such would have happened under the surveillance of high-level officers.”

The other two soldiers are still under investigation and the ministry said it has extended the probe, which had been scheduled to be completed last week.

In January, Rain was caught violating military rules, repeatedly meeting his girlfriend, actress Kim Tae-hee, while on duty. Rain was also seen on duty without wearing his military beret.

After he left Yongsan, Rain went straight to a cemetery in Paju, Gyeonggi, where the ashes of his late mother are held in a local columbarium.

An official who accompanied Rain was quoted as saying that Rain spent about 20 minutes praying quietly as if he was talking to his mother.

Rain’s mother passed away in 2000 from complications related to diabetes, because the family was too poor to afford proper treatment.

BY LEE SUN-MIN [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]

Naturally, that is not the proper time and venue to talk about this matter.   :D  I know that when he is ready, he will support KTH's admission of their romantic relationship.  :x

Rain, did not say anything about his ‘Kim Tae Hee’

2013/07/10

6494_1.jpg Rain who finished his army service delivered his report without a mention about Kim Tae Hee. On July 10, a singer Rain reported his discharge from army. He didn’t mention about his girl friend, the issue of entertainment soldier and plan of his career. Usually entertainers left his army with happy face and they usually fans prepare events and the press prepares the question. However, that day Rain seemed too depressed and only appeared in front of the fans and press only for 5 minutes before he reported his discharge. Because of all the issues about him, He didn’t’ mention Kim Tae Hee and left after only 20 seconds of saying hi.

-------------------------------------------

Rain, discharged from military with the controversy of 'Entertainment soldier' finished for 20 seconds

2013/07/10

A singer Rain was discharged from military. There was not any mention about the controversy for his attitude toward military. A singer Rain, (actor Jung Ji-Hun) reported his discharge at Ministry of National Defense, in Yongsan-gu, Seoul, on 10th 8:04 p.m. Eight hundred fans and one hundred reporters proved hot interests. Rain gave the first greeting after the discharge by energetic bow, saying "I am ordered to be discharged." In succession he left the seat, finishing short mentions, "Thank for coming here. I will show you good figure" and "Thank you always. I will try my best." It was a greeting for ten~twenty seconds, from 8:04 to 8:05. Rain became an issue for the attitude of entertainer soldier toward military service, which was aired at SBS 'Scene 21' on June 21st. As he was in the center of controversy about his cloth when he had a romance rumor with Kim Tae-Hee, this broadcast became great impact. However he didn't mention a word about the controversy. It was short mention about thank for fans and reporters, and decision for future work.

Source:innolife.co.kr

class="post-title"Rain's greeting to his fans as mentioned in the article below, no matter how brief are supported by these comments -

[clips][partial Eng trans] A TV news roundup of Rain’s official Army discharge. (7/10)

July 10, 2013

by: Stephe@cloudusa

Seoul Shinmun & My Daily. I read in a translation that this Star News article mentions that, after getting underway, Rain stopped his driver and got back out of the car to briefly greet the fans properly. Well, these clips certainly show it, while other clips and articles make it seem like his car was swarmed when he first got in it and he simply rode away. He just couldn’t leave without acknowledging the people who deserved it. What a guy. ♥ ^@@^ (Source credit: ThetvSeoul @YT / Courtesy of ratoka)

---------------------------------

Rain비- Cloud America

and this one too; he gets out of car at 1:30 to see fans!....xox Susaye 

class="post-title"Rain Gives A Brief Comment At His Discharge Ceremony By Missy+ on July 10, 2013

rain11

As you may have heard, Rain has finally been discharged from the military after 21 long months of being a soldier. At the scene, the Hallyu star exited the guardhouse, greeted his fans twice, and hastily left. According to the press, his actions took less than three minutes. After reporting his discharge, he commented to reporters, “Thank you for coming out. I will continue to work hard.”

Rain, with the help of security and management associates, quickly left the site and got into the awaiting vehicle. It was announced by his agency that there will be no press conference held regarding his discharge.

The press also stated that his girlfriend, Kim Tae Hee, was not present at the discharge site, as it was reported earlier in the week that she did not want to make a scene.

Source:dramafever.com

---------------------------------------------

class="post-title"Rain: Welcome Home From the Military! By KrisE+ on July 10, 2013

rain6

Today Rain has officially been discharged from the military! Those two years went by super fast, don’t you think?! Of course, he couldn’t just spend his time quietly; he ended up breaking millions of fan girls hearts by starting a relationship with actress Kim Tae Hee. The ministry of magic err, I mean ministry of defense (hehehe) got on his case about a few harmless vacation breaks. What else? Oh yes, on the business side, his group MBLAQ stayed active. Lee Joon joined the cast of Iris 2, Thunder was a cutie as Jin in Nail Shop Paris, and as a whole the group released the sexy MV for “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTDmIiGLFEw.

Way to go being so productive during your military duty Rain!

Source:dramafever.com

class="articletitle"Rain Officially Discharged from the Army, '800 Fans Gather'

July 10, 2013

84727-rain-officially-discharged-from-th Rain Officially Discharged from the Army, '800 Fans Gather'

Singer Rain has officially finished the his army term and was greeted by 800 fans.

Today, fans from all over the world arrived in Korea to see Rain.

Fans held up signs to show their support and some fans stayed overnight just to see him.

Local and international media and reporters were also on the scene to catch a glimpse of the star.

Rain was released from the army at 9 AM KST and greeted fans and the press.

Source:kpopstarz.com

-------------------------------------------

13-07-10 SBS - Hamban TV_ Rain discharge from the military

Posted by memo-rain on July 11, 2013

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11ra4d_130710-hamban-tv-rain_news

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11ra4d_130710-hamban-tv-rain_news#.Ud3vrqyjaZc

anjjo said: class="articletitle"Rain Officially Discharged from the Army, '800 Fans Gather'

July 10, 2013

Rain Officially Discharged from the Army, '800 Fans Gather'

Singer Rain has officially finished the his army term and was greeted by 800 fans.

Today, fans from all over the world arrived in Korea to see Rain.

Fans held up signs to show their support and some fans stayed overnight just to see him.

Local and international media and reporters were also on the scene to catch a glimpse of the star.

Rain was released from the army at 9 AM KST and greeted fans and the press.

Source:kpopstarz.com

class="news_title"K-pop star Rain finishes military service

class="news_brief" South Korean pop icon Rain was officially released from mandatory military service Wednesday, with hundreds of fans shedding tears of joy over the star's comeback.
rain-finishes-military.jpg

South Korean pop icon Rain ® looks on after his discharge from mandatory military service outside the Defence Ministry in Seoul. (AFP/YONHAP)
rain-finishes-military.jpg South Korean pop icon Rain gives aer his discharge from mandatory military service outside the Defence Ministry in Seoul. (AFP/YONHAP)   Fans of 31-year-old K-par Rain camp as they wait for him to emerge after his release from mandatory military service, outside the defence ministry building in SeP/YONHAP)

SEOUL: South Korean pop icon Rain was officially released from mandatory military service Wednesday, with hundreds of fans shedding tears of joy over the star's comeback.

About 700 devotees from South Korea and abroad exploded into ecstatic cheers as the 31-year-old K-pop star emerged from the defence ministry building in Seoul, where he had gone to receive his discharge papers.

Some banner-carrying fans, weary from camping out overnight in drizzling rain, broke into tears as the star walked out wearing a military uniform.

"Thank you all for coming to welcome me. I'll do my best. I love you all," Yonhap news agency quoted the singer as saying, as he gave fans a military salute.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-Hoon, is one of the biggest names in the world of K-pop, which commands a huge following in South Korea, across much of Asia and beyond.

In January, he was confined to barracks for a week after he was caught sneaking out for to meet a love interest while on official duty.

He was dating a Kim Tae-Hee, a TV drama star with a massive following in Japan.

South Korean men are obligated to serve about two years in the country's armed forces.

Military service is taken extremely seriously in South Korea, which remains technically at war with North Korea because their 1950-53 conflict ended with a ceasefire rather than a peace treaty.

Apart from those with physical disabilities, exemptions are rare and anyone refusing to serve -- for moral or religious reasons -- faces an automatic jail term.

Celebrities are frequently caught attempting to evade military service for fear they might be forgotten by their fans while in uniform.

"Gangnam Style" star Psy was forced to serve twice after it emerged he had furthered his showbiz interests during his first stint.

- AFP/gn

credit : ChannelNewsAsia

[11-Jul-2013][star]Rain's visit to the US as his first step since his discharge, has not yet been determined.

%EA%B5%B3%EC%9D%80.jpg

Some say that singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji-Hoon) will go to the U.S. as his first step since he was discharged from the army, but Cue Entertainment representing him expresses regarding this, "It has not yet been determined."

Cue Entertainment, Rain's management company, told Star News on the 11th, "As of yet, no concrete schedule has been outlined. As Rain has received offers from various entertainment agencies, he is available to go to the U.S., but contrary to the rumors that he is going to go to the U.S in August or September, the date of the visit has not been definitely decided yet."

Before this, Rain was discharged from the Defense Media Agency located in Seoul's Yongsan-gu last 10th after making it through his 21-month military service.

As Rain has been discharged from military service, there is an extreme amount of focus on his future moves. Some say that he will go to the U.S. sometime around August or September, as part of his first step since his discharge.

Their claims are plausible because it has been known that Rain has already been received an offer from international artist 'Jay-Z's record label 'Roc Nation'.

However, one of Rain's allies said, "Rain has been in a situation where it's been just a day since he was fresh out of the army yesterday, and therefore there has not been any further discussion or any further movement on that. Instead of backing to the basics and immediately beginning working, he'll discuss future plans with his agency, looking over various proposals."

Meanwhile, after leaving the army base in which he had been serving around at 8am on the 10th, Rain gave his concise and clear thoughts in front of reporters and fans, saying, "I'll try harder from now on."

Although his look of stiffness was apparent due to a current controversy over entertainment soldiers' neglecting their duties, he was an imposing figure on the scene. which attracted attention.

Rain visited his mother's grave at Byukje Memorial Park, in Kyungki-do's Goyang city soon after his discharge. He plans to spend time with his family for the time being.

Credit to Star News http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=108&aid=0002232264

English translation by 화니

[wallpaper] DramaFever: Rain has returned!!! 

Ahahahaha!! *guilty as charged*

-- Stephe ^@@^

(Source credit: DramaFever @Facebook)

1009155_10151540370176961_1327820214_o.j

DramaFever: 10 Hot Photos of Rain in Uniform.

credit : Stephe

DramaFever Blog 7/10/2013 — written by KrisE+

10 Hot Photos of Rain in Uniform

With Rain discharged from the military, we unfortunately won’t see him in uniform again! Well, we might if he takes a role in a drama requiring him to wear one, but you know what I mean! No more “active duty uniform wearing Rain,” so we have to say our goodbyes. I’ve gathered ten hot photos of Rain in uniform during his time in the military. Take your time saying your goodbyes; scroll slowly:

000rain10.jpg

>>>> You can see KrisE's pictorial and post in its entirety on the DramaFever blog HERE.

*** I'm sure that RAIN really wanted to stay a little longer to cheer the fans there & also to show appreciation to all the Medias but those people guiding him told him to board the car to avoid the chaos. In fact, he told the driver to pull-over & got out from the car just to see the fans even for a while. :))

[sSTV]13-07-10 Rain discharge from the military
credit : SSTVnews / ratoka