Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Rain coupang new banner

source : caupang // cap by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

coupang%282%29.JPG

photo

2012-02-10

credit: raimy@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, although, this is just a sketch/drawing,but RAIN wants to make his fans nose bleed. Wahhh………. a shirtless RAIN with a sculpted six pack. Here I say : By all means, do what you have to do, RAIN! :sweatingbullets:

Se7en Talks T.O.P and Rain on ′Wide Entertainment News′

2012-02-10 CJ E&M enews

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Se7en has been making his promotional rounds on various music programs since his successful return to the music scene with the Park Jin Young-produced single When I Can′t Sing, and no topic was off limits when he recently sat down with Mnet’s Wide Entertainment News.

The singer appeared on the February 9 broadcast of the show ahead of his M Countdown comeback on the same day where he revealed which YG artist he thought was the most handsome and talked about his relationship with singer Rain.

When asked whom he considered to be the most handsome artist in his agency, Se7en responded, “I personally like the way I look. I personally like my face.”

However, in the end, he decided to give first place to T.O.P, citing the Big Bang rapper’s “charismatic gaze” as one of his reasons.

The MCs then caught the singer off guard when they asked him if thought he thinks he’s doing better than singer Rain. Se7en revealed, however, that he remains close to the singer, who is currently dutifully completing his mandatory military service.

Although, fans are putting my (2) BIG MEN as "rivals", they remained friends. Actually, it just started during their debut days & not during their school time. Rivalry maybe in a sense because Se7en has been always being compared with Rain. The media have falsely reported about the issue but it seems that it is just natural for things like this to come out since they're both singers who became well-known right away after debuting but there are no other large points in which they are similar. It seems that they are more compared when Se7en started his acting career but I hope people will see them with different personalities. :mellow:

Remembering Full House, though Rain is not mentioned -

Song Hye Kyo from eight years ago: “She’s still a beauty”

February 14, 2012

*quoted image*

A picture of actress Song Hye Kyo taken in the past is currently attracting attention.

On February 14, a picture of Song eating fish cakes at a street vendor was uploaded on an online community board and attracted people’s attention.

The picture was taken in the year 2004 when she was appearing in KBS TV’s drama series Full House. From the people around her, it seems to be taken while she was shooting the drama series.

People responded: “I remember Han Ji Eun (played by Song Hye Kyo) from the drama series Full House,” “It’s a picture from eight years ago, but she’s still a beauty,” “Song looks so young in the picture.”

* Source: TV Report

I tuned in FH (sadly, I must admit) solely because there’s RAIN & KSS. I’m not surprised that the drama is popular all over Asia because it’s an awesome show. Apparently a whole load of money is made off of advertisements and selling rights overseas, mostly to China I’m so happy that the drama did well in the ratings during its airing in Korea. The pacing is so deliberate that there are not one episode, which is faster or slower than any other episode. IDK but sometimes I have a strange fascination with drama ratings for some reason. But, I don’t consider ratings when I chose a drama to watch. On the back end, if/when a series is produced for a DVD sale (in any market), that’s when the Production Company and the Network see more money in their pockets (because they usually split the proceeds 50/50). :lol:

120205 Mentholatum Men Hy Skin Replenisher

Credit: Mentholatum @ weibo / scorpiola - rain-cloud.co.kr/

曼秀雷敦中國官方微博:#曼秀雷敦男士專業護膚# 非洲布基納法索(Burkina Faso)有一種神奇的乳木果樹,收集從樹上掉落地下的熟透果實,提取的乳木果油具有令人驚奇的效用,除去可充分滋潤皮膚,還能抵禦紫外線(UVB)。曼秀雷敦男士活力修護潤膚乳特別添加乳木果油,修護乾燥肌膚,深層滋潤,令皮膚持久健康潤澤!

753e36degw1dq2ywoimuyj.jpg

fresh military pic

caps by wawalalal / SarangheBi -

Military3%281%29.jpg

[pic][Old]BI Rain old picture with friends

credit as tagged //weibo / wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

77289225gw1dq2pwy94prj.jpg

A multiple answers poll ~

There are 2 sets of list provided, please choose from each list so that the votes will go through

Poll: Which 2012 Korean movies that you are most excited about?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374847-which-2012-korean-movies-that-you-are-most-excited-about/

A multiple answers poll ~

There are 2 sets of list provided, please choose from each list so that the votes will go through

Poll: Which 2012 Korean movies that you are most excited about?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374847-which-2012-korean-movies-that-you-are-most-excited-about/

Thanks rubie for sharing the link here. This is a fun poll since we're given a chance to have multiple answers. BTW, finally.......I saw you in RAIN's thread - hehehe :lol:

***anjjo, thanks for posting again those captures from Ijuksa & FH. I hope you could get to post some pictures from Fugitive also if not asking too much from you. This is if you only have time, dear. I miss Ji Woo, I miss the drama. Being a secret investigator/private detective here you know that RAIN had performed most of the stunts personally & rarely used a body double, because the PD wouldn't let him do any dangerous scenes. Every time I was on the set before & witnessed some dangerous scenes to be shot I just pray for the safety and the well-being of his stunt double. I did the same thing also during RAIN's "fight-scenes" - :lol:

***anjjo, thanks for posting again those captures from Ijuksa & FH. I hope you could get to post some pictures from Fugitive also if not asking too much from you. This is if you only have time, dear. I miss Ji Woo, I miss the drama. Being a secret investigator/private detective here you know that RAIN had performed most of the stunts personally & rarely used a body double, because the PD wouldn't let him do any dangerous scenes. Every time I was on the set before & witnessed some dangerous scenes to be shot I just pray for the safety and the well-being of his stunt double. I did the same thing also during RAIN's "fight-scenes" - :lol:

willenette, of course, dear,I am very willing to grant your request as you had always done to me too. I know Fugitive will forever have a soft spot in your heart since you had been involved in its production in our area and seen Rain closely in his actual activities in the drama off and on his shoots :lol::D Let me share these caps for a starter and enjoy his antics :lol:

Caps from Fugitive Plan B

e7f22a146dff34852321e663e7401335.jpg

2811774d9e1dfac2f3c954f858502cbb.jpg

b9d3c87ccec82dab4802bb061e2259fb.jpg

f1edb1c130f3d4a6a69c1ab30f4d8403.jpg

0cf5435bb9d69538f31ae60d5a87eb17.jpg

cd6abfd96849aca446116f5ce7e4e9b2.jpg

e0b14185ce90612fc4a29bceb2c548d6.jpg

4f413878d3b7eae4c0205e5c0777b2ae.jpg

ece4b72ac49d2e34cd8f4222bec9133f.jpg

ba7acfa46e8a7f440dcf8f52a519a4c9.jpg

23079d41de2ff1899a6e0beebd8eb8f5.jpg

0927c3f8a90dfee455ae6cdfcfca073f.jpg

57477a5ae3804e67589dca96c51bf69f.jpg

More

c0047605_23394037.jpg

c0047605_2339467.jpg

c0047605_23395427.jpg

Source:as tagged

------------------------------------------------------------

Rain signed sneakers

2012-02-17

source : https://twitter.com/#!/Ny013/status/164010873264934912/photo/1

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

cc1.JPG

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

More

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

------------------------------------------------------------

Rain signed sneakers

2012-02-17

source : https://twitter.com/#!/Ny013/status/164010873264934912/photo/1

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

I want to get that signed sneaker!!!! :D Very cool!!!

And seeing those caps from Fugitive made me really smile. I talked to a friend and she told me she would like to watch Fugitive so I proposed to her we can watch together as I still have my DVDs I didn't watch yet. I am very curious about how I will feel or react to that drama after such a long time and after having watched it already. Will I like it more or even less? ;)

willenette, of course, dear,I am very willing to grant your request as you had always done to me too. I know Fugitive will forever have a soft spot in your heart since you had been involved in its production in our area and seen Rain closely in his actual activities in the drama off and on his shoots :lol::D Let me share these caps for a starter and enjoy his antics :lol:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

More

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting & granted my request for these Fugitive captures. I really appreciate your effort for sharing again all these pictures here. You're right - this drama will forever have a soft spot in my heart. :lol:

I want to get that signed sneaker!!!! :D Very cool!!!

And seeing those caps from Fugitive made me really smile. I talked to a friend and she told me she would like to watch Fugitive so I proposed to her we can watch together as I still have my DVDs I didn't watch yet. I am very curious about how I will feel or react to that drama after such a long time and after having watched it already. Will I like it more or even less? ;)

Hi bbly, really? Up to now, you still haven't re-watch your Fugitive DVD copy?Maybe you're so busy that's why you still haven't find time, huh? I think if you do re-run this you'd appreciate more the drama & maybe you could get to see RAIN's acting & appreciate it more as well. You could say that he's really a well-rounded artist. I hope your friend you start watching it & find out what's her/his feedback about the series & RAIN there as a whole. Since she/he may not be a RAIN fan so at least 'bias" would be out of the question - hehehe unlike you, unlike us. :lol:

***Ye, quite old photo, way back 2006 - :lol: but not tired of looking at this kind of picture from time to time.

[old pic] I love his smile!

Credit : SarangheBi - rain-cloud.co.kr/

mosoly12%281%29.jpg

Regarding LJK, he seems to be in a hurry to fulfill his packed schedule after his discharge and his agency committed a great blunder by spilling the beans, making known to the public his activities during his vacation thru media by doing some recording and advance ticket selling of his fan meet even if he is still in his MS. They should have been discreet. I hope Rainy Entertainment and his handlers will take care of Rain and what happened to LJK be a precedent for them. Clouds are very vocal with all our patience that we can wait for Rain. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

12-02-14 [Cloud Notice]A Postscript : The food support (homemade chocolate) for Rain in celebration of Valentine's Day.

* Posted by memo-rain on February 14, 2012

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

A Postscript : The food support (homemade chocolate) for Rain in celebration of Valentine's Day.

Hi, we're 8th term Cloud executive board.

Here is the notice about a postscript of the food support (homemade chocolate) for Rain in celebration of Valentine's Day.

There was much that the food support (homemade chocolate) in celebration of Valentine's Day should be conducted based on a company scale, but the support inevitably went on based on a platoon scale, not only because homemade chocolate is too expensive, but also because another support will be conducted in April in celebration of the 10th anniversary of Rain's debut.

Instead of being conducted in little (based on a platoon scale), the chocolates that we bought in department stores were wrapped and separately delivered to his senior soldiers.

The receipts will be presented like last time.

----------------------------------------------------------------

* 아티스트 개인 물품 사진 -

Presents for Rain.

목캔디 & 육포& 아이스브레이커 -

throat pastilles & beef jerky & Ice Breaker (a brand)

하트쏠라씨 -

Heart Solar C : I made them myself. 300 beribboned heart-shaped bags containing vitamin tablets, are in three boxes.

마카롱 -

Macaroon, which is crispy on the inside and smooth on the outside, is a French meringue. We bought it at a bakery called 아띠제 (artisee), and it comes in 10 delicious flavors.

(the first photo : a boxed set of Macaroon / the second : the box is opened / the third :

Macaroon is on display at the bakery)

주문제작 수제초코릿 -

2 sets of homemade chocolates in 30 delicious flavors and various shapes. (totalling 60)

찬조로 들어온 라면 2박스 -

Two boxes of ramen provided by those who aided in carrying it out, were also sent to the unit where Rain serves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

선임분들을 위한 초코릿 -

Chocolates for Rain's senior soldiers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*부대원들 물품 -

Presents for Rain's soldier mates.

Sheets outlining our brief messages to them are packaged with the presents.

* The photos shows the customized homemade chocolates *

source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=4566&board...

re-post it by ratoka @ memo-rain

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Remembering Full House, though Rain is not mentioned -

Song Hye Kyo from eight years ago: “She’s still a beauty”

February 14, 2012

*quoted image*

A picture of actress Song Hye Kyo taken in the past is currently attracting attention.

On February 14, a picture of Song eating fish cakes at a street vendor was uploaded on an online community board and attracted people’s attention.

The picture was taken in the year 2004 when she was appearing in KBS TV’s drama series Full House. From the people around her, it seems to be taken while she was shooting the drama series.

People responded: “I remember Han Ji Eun (played by Song Hye Kyo) from the drama series Full House,” “It’s a picture from eight years ago, but she’s still a beauty,” “Song looks so young in the picture.”

* Source: TV Report

anjjo, about LJK, many of his co-soldiers thought that he’d ask to stay on in the Army may be because of the controversy he’s undergoing (as part of the penalty just like what they did to one of Shinhwa members – his release was extended) but he was surprised also that he was being released. Good for him – I’m happy for him. :lol:

I'm sure RAIN received so many chocolates last VDay. He's surely is happy for all these gifts coming from Clouds, not only for him but for the whole barracks where he's in. Although I know there were/are hard times, RAIN will have lots of fond memories from his time serving the nation in the military. :lol:

I feel happy every time I see new/recent pics of him. RAIN sporting a mandatory buzz cut is pleasing now in my eyes since I got used looking at him like this. :lol: It's just that sometimes I still wish that he's not there inside - I wish that he's not in an "active-duty-soldier", I wish that he's only assigned in the PR Dept. Korean celebrities who join the Army especially assigned in PR Dept. usually work at making military films or performing in concerts organized for service members only. Of course, this is non-combatant area unlike where RAIN is where he’s at the Army Frontline. :sweatingbullets:

anjjo,

I feel happy every time I see new/recent pics of him. RAIN sporting a mandatory buzz cut is pleasing now in my eyes since I got used looking at him like this. :lol: It's just that sometimes I still wish that he's not there inside - I wish that he's not in an "active-duty-soldier", I wish that he's only assigned in the PR Dept. Korean celebrities who join the Army especially assigned in PR Dept. usually work at making military films or performing in concerts organized for service members only. Of course, this is non-combatant area unlike where RAIN is where he’s at the Army Frontline. :sweatingbullets:

willenette. I think Rain, being an "active-duty-soldier", had its prize and reward. All of us are glad of this news and so proud of him. From a very reliable source, I read the info that Rain have been promoted from Private to Private First Class four months after enlistment earlier than the usual norm for a promotion which is six months after enlistment. :D

12-02-17 Information about Rain Today

* Posted by ratoka on February 17, 2012@memo-rain

Yesterday was the promotion ceremony of our prince from private to first class private. Congratulations to our prince

Tonight fans spotted him in Sinsha dong. Probably he is having his vacation. Hope he has a good time and share good moments with his friends

(by huhuhuhu @ raincloudhk)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am touched by this essay because all of us Rain fans can relate and connect to this article. I know that we have the feeling of anxious concern of what the future holds for him upon his discharge from the military and this makes me think more positive that he will be strongest when he returns to our midst - waiting for you dear Rain. :wub: Big thanks to Stephe of cloudusa for sharing. :)

[essay] Honoring Rain, the Evolution of K-Pop, and the Making of an International Superstar.

February 17, 2012

rain-allure31.jpeg?w=270&h=184

Cloud cover by: Stephe, Managing Editor ^@@^cloudusa

Dear Clouds and Rain fans of all ages and gender across the world, enjoy this wonderful essay written by Jon, one of our newest Cloud USA community members. Jon, welcome! We really appreciate you sharing your essay with us—it’s a fantastic read—and thanks for supporting Rain in a way he so deserves. Awesome!

* Please NOTE: The images and videos compiled and included with Jon’s essay are my own interpretation of those particular parts of the piece.

x x x

To read its entirety, the link is HERE

Honoring Rain, the Evolution of K-Pop, and the Making of an International Superstar

Written by Jon Carsello

(Images and videos compiled by Stephe @CloudUSA)

Very beautiful excerpts about Rain:

x x x x x x x x x

When you enter my house the first thing you see is a framed poster of Rain taken from the cover of his CD “Back to the Basic.” It makes me happy when people ask me about it because I can educate them about my favorite star, turn them on to his music and his compelling persona.

x x x x x x x x x

Close to where I live, there is a very trendy sushi-Korean fusion restaurant owned by a couple of very hip, young Korean American guys. The place is always packed and in the bar they often play K-pop and J-pop music videos. After I’d been there a couple of times, I noticed I hadn’t heard a Rain song or seen one of his music videos. I asked one of the owners about it and I was shocked to find he knew almost nothing about Rain.

“Isn’t he that martial arts guy from Ninja Assassin?” he asked. He knew nothing about Rain’s music.

What makes Rain different from all the other K-pop, heart throb idols? Is he just one of the pack or is he special?

Rain is definitely different and special. For one thing he is a rebel. He has no problem challenging the squeaky clean somewhat erotophobic image of K-pop. He makes it clear that he is a sexual being and that to him romantic love and sex are deeply interwoven. The way he often performs “Nan” is a perfect example. “Nan” is a song about lost love and erotic longing. He is not afraid to communicate this in the way he touches his body, moves or with the pain he expresses in his voice. I cannot listen to “Nan” or watch it performed by Rain without breaking into tears. The honesty of his performance is overpowering to me. Obviously this same honesty disturbs some people and we have to contend with the misguided censorship of a lot of Rain’s performances.

x x x x x x x x x

Being the father of two Amerasian sons, I’m well aware of the difficulties they’ve encountered as a result of racial stereotypes. My sons, like Rain, don’t fit any of the stereotypes imposed upon men of Asian descent.

My youngest son is an actor and specializes in musical theatre. Like his mother, he has a marvelous singing voice. He looks something like Keanu Reeves, only handsomer and more Japanese. Recently he toured Europe as “Bernardo” in a new production of West Side Story and was interviewed by Italian radio.

The announcer asked: “I see that your ethnic background is Italian—Japanese American. How is it you are able to play a Puerto Rican so effectively?”

200652_10150127900026378_275910206377_7073038_2526149_n.jpg?w=189&h=270

My son answered in prefect Italian: “I went to Puerto Rico and to Spanish Harlem to research my character, and I found plenty of guys of Asian decent who spoke Spanish and identified themselves as Puerto Rican. I imagined that my dad was a Puerto Rican GI after World War II, who married a Japanese girl and immigrated to New York. I am an actor and I never plan to limit my ability to play certain rolls because of my ethnic background.”

Rain, like my son, has the ability to play a lot of roles and I’m sure he has his choice of scripts in Korea. What I’m concerned about is what roles he may be offered in Hollywood or London. God knows we’ve seen enough Korean, Japanese, Thai and Chinese actors play martial art action heroes, nerds and gangsters. Rain is one actor whose talent and appeal is universal, so what is stopping script writers, casting directors and the like from allowing Asian stars like Rain the opportunity to play juicer, non-ethnic specific roles usually reserved for Caucasian stars like Brad Pitt, Leonardo DeCaprio or James Franco? Rain has the appeal, talent, creative intellect and passion to bypass all of them.

I have no doubt that when Rain emerges from his military service he will be stronger, more mature, and wiser. We need to let Rain, his management team, and the world entertainment industry know we believe it is time for him to be given the opportunity to take his rightful place as one of the great international superstars of our time.

— Jon Carsello

ninja-assassin-ninja-assassin-17091609-600-399.jpg?w=497&h=330

ninja-assassin.jpg?w=497&h=211

willenette. I think Rain, being an "active-duty-soldier", had its prize and reward. All of us are glad of this news and so proud of him. From a very reliable source, I read the info that Rain have been promoted from Private to Private First Class four months after enlistment earlier than the usual norm for a promotion which is six months after enlistment. :D

Yesterday was the promotion ceremony of our prince from private to first class private. Congratulations to our prince

Tonight fans spotted him in Sinsha dong. Probably he is having his vacation. Hope he has a good time and share good moments with his friends

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this great news...................I heard about this promotion also.....This is a military rank held by junior enlisted persons. I'm happy for RAIN! :lol:

[pic]BI Rain at FanArt

source : DC / wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=320489&page=1&bbs=

RAIN%5F54D.JPG

I am touched by this essay because all of us Rain fans can relate and connect to this article. I know that we have the feeling of anxious concern of what the future holds for him upon his discharge from the military and this makes me think more positive that he will be strongest when he returns to our midst - waiting for you dear Rain. :wub: Big thanks to Stephe of cloudusa for sharing. :)

[essay] Honoring Rain, the Evolution of K-Pop, and the Making of an International Superstar.

February 17, 2012

*quoted image*

Cloud cover by: Stephe, Managing Editor ^@@^cloudusa

Dear Clouds and Rain fans of all ages and gender across the world, enjoy this wonderful essay written by Jon, one of our newest Cloud USA community members. Jon, welcome! We really appreciate you sharing your essay with us—it’s a fantastic read—and thanks for supporting Rain in a way he so deserves. Awesome!

* Please NOTE: The images and videos compiled and included with Jon’s essay are my own interpretation of those particular parts of the piece.

x x x

To read its entirety, the link is HERE

Honoring Rain, the Evolution of K-Pop, and the Making of an International Superstar

Written by Jon Carsello

x x x x x x x x x

When you enter my house the first thing you see is a framed poster of Rain taken from the cover of his CD “Back to the Basic.” It makes me happy when people ask me about it because I can educate them about my favorite star, turn them on to his music and his compelling persona.

x x x x x x x x x

Close to where I live, there is a very trendy sushi-Korean fusion restaurant owned by a couple of very hip, young Korean American guys. The place is always packed and in the bar they often play K-pop and J-pop music videos. After I’d been there a couple of times, I noticed I hadn’t heard a Rain song or seen one of his music videos. I asked one of the owners about it and I was shocked to find he knew almost nothing about Rain.

“Isn’t he that martial arts guy from Ninja Assassin?” he asked. He knew nothing about Rain’s music.

What makes Rain different from all the other K-pop, heart throb idols? Is he just one of the pack or is he special?

Rain is definitely different and special. For one thing he is a rebel. He has no problem challenging the squeaky clean somewhat erotophobic image of K-pop. He makes it clear that he is a sexual being and that to him romantic love and sex are deeply interwoven. The way he often performs “Nan” is a perfect example. “Nan” is a song about lost love and erotic longing. He is not afraid to communicate this in the way he touches his body, moves or with the pain he expresses in his voice. I cannot listen to “Nan” or watch it performed by Rain without breaking into tears. The honesty of his performance is overpowering to me. Obviously this same honesty disturbs some people and we have to contend with the misguided censorship of a lot of Rain’s performances.

x x x x x x x x x

Being the father of two Amerasian sons, I’m well aware of the difficulties they’ve encountered as a result of racial stereotypes. My sons, like Rain, don’t fit any of the stereotypes imposed upon men of Asian descent.

My youngest son is an actor and specializes in musical theatre. Like his mother, he has a marvelous singing voice. He looks something like Keanu Reeves, only handsomer and more Japanese. Recently he toured Europe as “Bernardo” in a new production of West Side Story and was interviewed by Italian radio.

The announcer asked: “I see that your ethnic background is Italian—Japanese American. How is it you are able to play a Puerto Rican so effectively?”

*quoted image*

My son answered in prefect Italian: “I went to Puerto Rico and to Spanish Harlem to research my character, and I found plenty of guys of Asian decent who spoke Spanish and identified themselves as Puerto Rican. I imagined that my dad was a Puerto Rican GI after World War II, who married a Japanese girl and immigrated to New York. I am an actor and I never plan to limit my ability to play certain rolls because of my ethnic background.”

Rain, like my son, has the ability to play a lot of roles and I’m sure he has his choice of scripts in Korea. What I’m concerned about is what roles he may be offered in Hollywood or London. God knows we’ve seen enough Korean, Japanese, Thai and Chinese actors play martial art action heroes, nerds and gangsters. Rain is one actor whose talent and appeal is universal, so what is stopping script writers, casting directors and the like from allowing Asian stars like Rain the opportunity to play juicer, non-ethnic specific roles usually reserved for Caucasian stars like Brad Pitt, Leonardo DeCaprio or James Franco? Rain has the appeal, talent, creative intellect and passion to bypass all of them.

I have no doubt that when Rain emerges from his military service he will be stronger, more mature, and wiser. We need to let Rain, his management team, and the world entertainment industry know we believe it is time for him to be given the opportunity to take his rightful place as one of the great international superstars of our time.

— Jon Carsello

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

All I can say is WOW! well written! I, too believe Rain is not ordinary, he can surpass them all if given the right script, right story and well directed movie, he can surpass them all.... because I've never seen someone as hardworking as Rain...

Hi bbly, really? Up to now, you still haven't re-watch your Fugitive DVD copy?Maybe you're so busy that's why you still haven't find time, huh? I think if you do re-run this you'd appreciate more the drama & maybe you could get to see RAIN's acting & appreciate it more as well. You could say that he's really a well-rounded artist. I hope your friend you start watching it & find out what's her/his feedback about the series & RAIN there as a whole. Since she/he may not be a RAIN fan so at least 'bias" would be out of the question - hehehe unlike you, unlike us. :lol:

***Ye, quite old photo, way back 2006 - :lol: but not tired of looking at this kind of picture from time to time.

[old pic] I love his smile!

Credit : SarangheBi - rain-cloud.co.kr/

*quoted image*

No, my dear, until now I haven't been able to watch the DVDs. :( I don't want to drag here my personal "issues" but I have been busy due to work and also due to some personal issues. So I am actually very happy if I can find the time to come here from to time to time and to appreciate the latest news of Rain and all of your hard work.

Old but still very very beautiful! I love to see Rain's old pictures and try to figure out where I saw it the first time, from which year it is, which event it was. It is kind of my personal game. :D

x x x

Written by Jon Carsello

x x x x x x x x x

— Jon Carsello

I know this sounds each time arrogant, but we as Rain fans, are we really surprised about his success in the army? About him being so good, about being promoted? About being him the best and getting the best scores? It shouldn't really surprise us! This is our Rain we are talking about: he is the one hardest worker I have ever seen in my life, a real inspiration, always giving 200% and never satisfied with the average and hence always being the best he is.

This part of the essay really touched me a lot. Thank you so much for sharing! I believe too that after the army Rain will be stronger, wiser and unstoppable. And if he choses to continue his acting career in USA, I hope he will get divers and interesting roles and not those stereo-type roles as Hollywood usually does for Asian or any other actors with different ethnic background.

[pic]BI Rain at FanArt

source : DC / wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=320489&page=1&bbs=

*quoted image*

I am speechless!!!! So beautiful! blush.gif

News about Rain

2012-02-19

By huhuhuhu @http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1863&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Source: No. 5 Division's official cafe

The sister of a recruit attended her brother's graduation ceremony on 16 February. She heard some news there. Knowing that we are dying for some news about our prince, she wrote the following letter (my translation) for us:

As a celebrity he could take a easy way to fulfill his military duty, but Assistant Instructor Jung Jihoon did not do so. Truly proud of him.

Although I am not a passionate fan, I must say he is really handsome^^

I attended my brother's graduation ceremony on 16 February and I heard some news. I know all your Rain fans are curious about how he is doing so I wrote this for you.

When I conducted an event for my brother in this cafe, I got support from many Rain fans. Thank you to you all.

I heard that Rain had his holiday.

I got the news from my brother.

He gave very nice gloves as gifts to the executives of the No. 12 unit and his team members.

Everyday there are 1000 letters from his fans. These have all been well delivered.

He can be seen quite often in the camp,

and he is really kind and handsome.^^

Many celebrities like Yunho visited him, which proved his connection.

The Valentine chocolates are well received and shared together happily.

Just these titbits^^

[Eng.trans] Brief news about Rain who serves as a teaching assistant in

the military.

2012-02-19

CAFE소식"2월 16일날 정지훈 조교님은 9박 10일 휴가를 가셨다고 하구요"ㅠㅠㅠ

cr :as tagged

m.jpg

- Rain has gone on leave for 10 days 9 nights since February 16th. -

I'm proud of Rain acquitting himself of his duty as a teaching assistant even though he

could find a way to make his military life a lot more convenient as a celebrity.

Therefore, even though I am not a huge Rain fan, he looks awesome.

I heard about Rain when I attended the military commencement of my younger brother

last February 16th. So I'm trying to tell you guys about what Rain is up to these days

as you want to know more about his military life.

It is said Rain has gone on leave for 10 days 9 nights since February 16th.

According to my brother, Rain gave nice gloves to both the higher executives belonging

to the 12th Company and the soldiers in his (Rain's) platoon as gifts. So, it is said Rain is

the envy of his other soldier mates.

More than 1,000 letters smoothly reach Rain a day, he's lately been much seen in the

unit, and he does the agreeable to everybody.

Many celebrities such as 'Yunho Yuno', etc. whose visiting Rain is a credit to his brilliant

network.

When his fans gave him boxes of chocolates on Valentine's Day, Rain shared them with

all of his mates and they were all happy.

The above is the gist of the information about Rain.

Source : Blog Key (열쇠 카페)

Credit as tagged.

Re-post by huda @ http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=8994&board_id=b_08042315284443&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

English translation by 화니@/rain-cloud.co.kr.

Rain pic @ adidas store

2012-02-19

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

source/credirt:as tagged

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Caps in ALTK

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credit:as tagged

I am not a big fan of Adidas but just for Rain if I would know we had his marketing in my country, I would buy some products just to show them how popular he is :D .

And thanks dear for the ALTK caps. I would like to re-watch this drama just because of Rain's awesome acting but seriously the end is so depressing (and soooo unnecessary), I can't watch it. -_-