Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Oct 26 2008 [NoCutNews] Rain: Mysterious...Now Completely Revealed

1. Rain said that he's done almost everything thus far; from his world tour to movie filming, but all in all he still feels comfortable and right at home with his 'family' by being back on stage in Korea.

2. Many of his inner details of his life have been revealed. He had not planned on being on many variety shows in the beginning, but seeing how many people had said that he was distant and secretive, he decided to go on these talks show programs to talk it out, hoping to put a rest to any misunderstanding and misconception.

3. It's taken Rain 7 years to become the best dancer in the country, to be one of Asia's top stars and a Hollywood actor. Rain said, "I've climbed up high in a short amount of time, but the road ahead of me is still long and there are still many other roads that I want to take." "As long as I face the challenge, there will be success. Even if I were to fall facing it, I will never forget the pain that came with it. In my current position, there is nothing more than doing my best."

4. "Ninja Assassin" is set to be released early next year. So from now till then he will remain in Korea and continue on with his status as a singer to be closer to his fans.

5. "Rainism" will be released all across Asia. Plans for an Asian tour are in the works, and he hopes to either be in a Korean movie or a drama series. He doesn't want to limit himself to music-related work while he stays in Korea. End of next year, he will start working with some of the best composers to prepare for either his 6th album or his 1st worldwide edition.

6. "The target keeps on changing, and for that specific target I just have to keep on working hard. I hope that I will continue to receive support. With that, I might be able to bring even more and better news next time around."

Source: No Cut News (Korea)

Kor to Chi Translation: 小曹曹@cloudchina

Posted by azafighting@RainHK

Eng Translation & summary: dsl99a@Rain-USA & SexyBi

=================================================

Oct 27 2008 [MyDaily] Rain and Son Ye-jin--Selected Most Iconic Male & Female Star Among Current Generation

Rain and Son Ye-jin were the stars selected as most iconic/fashionable representatives of men and women in their 20's. Together they are participating in the O' Live "2008 Style Icon Awards" activities. This is this year's biggest fashion awards ceremony in the entertainment business. Rain and Son Ye-jin will be present on October 30th wearing magnificent international branded clothing at the awards ceremony which will be held at a club in Seoul's Cheongdam-dong. Besides Rain and SYJ, Seo In-young and other iconic entertainers have been invited to attend. The event this time will be chaired by Jung Jun-ho, and TVN, XTM, MNET and 4 other media corporations will carry out on-site coverages. Article all rights reserved//Mydaily

Source: MyDaily//Sina Entertainment

Posted by dada@RainHK

Translation: dsl99a@Rain-USA & SexyBi

Oct 26 2008 [NoCutNews] Rain: Mysterious...Now Completely Revealed

Source: No Cut News (Korea)

Kor to Chi Translation: 小曹曹@cloudchina

Posted by azafighting@RainHK

Eng Translation & summary: dsl99a@Rain-USA & SexyBi

=================================================

Oct 27 2008 [MyDaily] Rain and Son Ye-jin--Selected Most Iconic Male & Female Star Among Current Generation

Source: MyDaily//Sina Entertainment

Posted by dada@RainHK

Translation: dsl99a@Rain-USA & SexyBi

jini, Thanks for posting these articles here. Wow, the most fashionable man in the 20’s. Can’t wait to see the award ceremony. Wondering what are those brand clothing he’s going to wear. I’m excited also who are some other stars who were invited. RAIN deserves this. :)

Oh, I thought NA isn’t showing early next year? I hope it will be on October so he still has more time for the promo. I hope he’ll do another drama this time. Good luck to you, RAIN! I will always support you all the way. I know you’ve been working hard in everything that you do. You have never failed or let me down – you’re always the BEST! :lol::)

Today, received Commendation from President (수상 should be Award of Excellence)

[]http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2008/g6/20081028/20081028111415162g6_112521_0.jpg[/]

]http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2008/b6/20081028/20081028111508499b6_111815_0.jpg[/]

Hi huangsy - thanks for posting this here. No idea about this kind of award that he received. But wow, whatever it is, he always deserves all the awards that he gets. Also, thanks for all these photos. :sweatingbullets:

Guest bikyo_vn

Today, received Commendation from President (수상 should be Award of Excellence)

20081028111415162g6_112521_0.jpg

20081028111500500b6_111815_0.jpg

20081028112114548b6_112706_0.jpg

Oppa, Sea of cloud all over the world are proud of you. You did your best to bring us Rainism. I really love it. Thank U so much!

Guest jastinel

I love Rain !

I`m happy to know him, I hope my son will grow up like him...

as a man with dignity, pride, great talent and a warmhearted person.

Thanks everyone for photos and news.

Mariposa.

Here is the article.

I hope that... this article is ...how should I say...I find it is one of those articles that it doesn't read smoothly in Korean for me. So I kinda find it harder to translate it into sort of a smooth reading. But I did my best, given the time. :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

Hope you enjoy. :sweatingbullets:

ps; BTW I got the source off of the web.

* Translations in ( ) are the insinuated and/or hidden meanings in the article, but not written in the original Korean article as words.

'Dance King' Rain vs. 'Ballad King' Kim Jong-Kook:

Who would be the final winner for the battle at the end of the year?

200810261028211002_1.jpg

Newsen Reporter: Kim Hyung-Woo

At the end of the year, the music industry became far more interesting.

The two opposite ends of the genre in the domestic music industry, the dance music and the ballad, are getting into a serious battle. The leading figures, who would be second to none in the dance music and the ballad genre, are getting into an intense battle.

The two kings, the ‘dance king’, Rain and the ‘ballad king’, Kim Jong-Kook came back to the music market after a long time and went into a battle to sort out who would be the true king.

The world star Rain (Real name: Jung Ji-Hoon) came back to the domestic music industry with the recent new album ‘Rainism’ after 2 years. Kim Jong-Kook also issued a new album ‘Here I am’ after 2 years since his release from the military.

Rain appeared to be successful in the first attack topping the various music charts with the title songs ‘Rainism’ and ‘Love Story’: however, the late runner, Kim Jong-Kook launched into a counterattack also topping the on & off-lines on the day of his album release.

It is difficult to judge who holds the upper hand by looking at a few charts due to the difference in the characteristics of the ‘performance’ type singer Rain and the ‘sound’ type singer Kim Jong-Kook. Considering all these, the analysis that both singers are fairly evenly-matched at this point would be a more accurate assessment. The foresights that the competition between these two will be getting much more intense as we go forward are the assessment of the majority of the associated people in the music industry.

Rain’s being the topic of the conversations was definitely great (for the early success of his album). Because the public’s interest in Rain, who has even launched into Hollywood beyond Asia, had to be great. The controversy over the lyrics and the choice of the choreography for the song ‘Rainism’ has created huge waves in the music industry and caused the broadcasting industry to launch into the reevaluation (of the song and the entire album). The ‘Mu-reup-pak-do-sa,’ where Rain appeared, became the topic of the conversations as well by revealing Rain’s hidden human side.

At this moment, the competition for having Rain appear on the show around the broadcasting industry is hotter than ever. It is to the extent that there is even the popular talk saying, ‘If Rain appears on the show, the viewer ratings go up.’ Unlike before, Rain is running feverish with the promotion of his new album and appearing frequently on the broadcasting programs, including various entertainment programs.

Although the response to the ‘Rainism’ has been somewhat mixed, Rain's star quality and his commercial values have been reaffirmed simultaneously with his comeback.

The ‘ballad king’ Kim Jong-Kook is making great strides leading the resurrection of the ballads. Kim Jong-Kook, who appeared on the entertainment programs frequently before entering military, drew out the card, ‘Music first, entertainment later,’ with his comeback. That is a contrast to Rain who is using the strategy of ‘Entertainment first, music later.’ With this album, Kim Jong-Kook is trying to solidify his position as a singer, even by choosing ‘Yoon Do-Hyun’s Love Letter’ to be his comeback stage (rather than a bigger and better stage for the entertainment value).

Jim Jong-Kook’s new song ‘More today than yesterday’ is leaving a period mark on the Kim Jong-Kook’s signature-marked ballads (=this song is becoming the top signature song for the KJK style of ballads). His high tone voice, which can be a weak point as a ballad singer, is interlocking with his Kim Jong-Kook style sensibility and end up provoking the public’s ears. The public, who has been fatigued with the dance music craze, is responding enthusiastically to Kim Jong-Kook, who is sort of a certified cheque for the ‘authentic’ ballads.

Furthermore, in addition to the song “ More today than yesterday,’ the other songs that are included in the album such as “ Thank You” are gathering the popularity and increasing the possibility of a combined hit (within the album).

- Source: http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/20081026n02007

- Translated by 'Blu'

Rain Tests His Own Boundaries

081028_p16_rain.jpg

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

One of the busiest stars in the local entertainment business would be none other than singer and actor Rain. The 27-year-old star has a new album out, is waiting for the release of his recently finished Hollywood film ``Ninja Assassin'' and is appearing for local fans through talk shows, music programs and radio shows. Amid his hectic schedule, he never misses a workout routine and dance practice, as it was his diligence and passion that helped pave his way from ``hallyu'' or Korean wave star to up-and-coming actor in Hollywood.

``I was so tired both physically and mentally, but I feel back at home now. I see that many fellow singers have made their comeback and I'm happy to be working with them. It feels like a festival and I am planning to enjoy every minute,'' he told The Korea Times through an email interview.

If the mark of an artist who has reached a certain level is confidence and control over his art, Rain demonstrated them with his return. In interviews, Rain was a smooth talker, oozing wit and confidence. His dance moves are markedly more controlled, gone were the powerful exertions and assertions, replaced with a more controlled pace.

``As you can see from the title of the album `Rainism,' all the ideas were from me, Rain. I wanted to show my style, what I could do best. I think an artist's mission is to come out with something new. I also worked on my vocals because I didn't want to be known just as a dance singer. I broadened my pitch and worked on my voice with three vocal trainers,'' said Rain.

At the showcase of his return earlier this month, it was evident he had practiced some new moves as well.

``I aimed for a more flexible and natural style. I had some kind of obsession that I had to show everything I've got on stage, which made my moves a bit rigid. But now, I understand the art of `less is better,' so my moves are more relaxed,'' he added.

There is always a flipside to the glamour and fame, and for Rain it was arduous training. He started out as a trainee under famed singer and producer Park Jin-young, also known as JYP who created the Wonder Girls, and after three years of rehearsing and preparing, finally came into the spotlight with his powerful dance moves and appealing voice. Album by album, he rose to stardom and made headlines by being voted number one of the most influential people in the world in a Time magazine online poll, which eventually led him to a small role in the Wachowski brother's movie ``Speed Racer'' and the lead role in ``Ninja Assassin.''

``To be frank, life in the United States was very difficult. Not being able to eat what I wanted and training for more than 10 hours a day for eight months was hard to endure. I continuously asked myself `why am I here having such a hard time? I could have led an easy life in Korea. But then I thought 27 was an age when I could try out starting over again and so I clenched my teeth and trained harder,'' he said.

``Speed Racer'' didn't do too well at the box office, but it was his hard work on the set that landed him the leading role in '``Ninja Assassin.'' Also, there was always Asia that still remembered him as a singer who could dance and sing like no other. Realizing the need to return to his original fan base, he came back with a surprise: his first album after parting with his dear friend and producer JYP. While some may notice a difference in style and concept under his new production team and agency, Rain believed it was appropriate to bring something new to the table.

Although Rain has become one the best dancers in the local pop scene, his position as a newcomer in Hollywood meant going back to the starting line.

``Filmmaking in Hollywood was a memorable experience and I'm sure it will become a great platform for my future. To be honest, my English is far from perfect. When I needed help, I admitted that I did and everyone helped out. I'm pretty good at listening, but there are still times when I suddenly go blank right when I have to say something,'' the singer said.

Rain is not the only Korean to have starred in a Hollywood movie, nor is he as famous as others. Actress Kim Yun-jin made it big as one of the stars of the hit television series ``Lost,'' and actor Park Joong-hoon co-starred with Tim Robbins in the movie ``The Truth About Charlie'' (2002).

Some liken Rain's popularity to a bubble: it's getting bigger, but no one knows when it's going to pop. The singer said that he felt a bit pressured and nervous when he decided to go to that next level, but he soon forgot these feelings when he actually jumped into it.

``I'm actually very proud of my role in `Ninja Assassin.' I believe my hard work paid off,'' he said.

For a 27-year-old with six years in the music business, Rain has come a long way. He knows the life he's lived is unlike that of a normal 20-something. In a recent appearance on a popular television talk show, Rain talked openly about what motivated him to work and work: his mother who passed away. The show offered a different side of the so-called world star, and he admitted that he was doubtful whether he spent his twenties to the fullest.

``I had no idea I would come this far. As a trainee, my goal was to become number one in a K-pop chart program. When I topped the charts, I wanted to be the winner at the year-end K-pop awards and from there, my dreams just grew bigger. I think it's good to set your goals as high as possible. I set a dream, worked hard and they all came true,'' Rain said.

``The biggest competition is myself. I am not looking to follow others or pull them down. I'm planning to test my own boundaries,'' he added.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Guest Mariposa28

thanks blu for the tranlsation, sooo glad for Rain, he really deserve this recognition,

thanks for the article willenette, thanks for the pics huangsy

here another pics i'v found, love him with sunglasses, *faint*

90984ltd8.jpg

20081028111657110521re7jg1.jpg

pp08102800023tl0ax4.jpg

thanks for the article willenette, thanks for the pics huangsy

here another pics i'v found, love him with sunglasses, *faint*

[]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1518/90984ltd8.jpg[]

[]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9205/20081028111657110521re7jg1.jpg[/]

[]http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/2183/pp08102800023tl0ax4.jpg[/]

Hi mariposa no problem. Thanks also for re-posting these photos. Just don't get tired of looking at him with or without sunglasses. Just want to share another article related to his getting this award....................... :lol::)

RAIN HONOURED FOR BEING BIG ON SAVING

Rain a.k.a Jung Ji-hoon was awarded the President's Award in conjunction with the National Day of Saving today.

He was honoured for his good saving habits and for being an overall good role model to teens.

Rain announced that he appreciated the award and feels that he was undeserving of it.

Bi wasn't the only recipient of an award today as actress Kim Ji-soo received the Prime Minister's Award.

Source:Bi/rain@Soompi

Singer Rain Is Saver of the Day

Singer Rain and actress Kim Ji-soo were awarded prizes for their money-saving skills.

The Financial Services Commission marked the 45th Savings Day by awarding Rain a presidential commendation and Kim Ji-soo a Prime Minister commendation.

Bringing new meaning to the phrase ¡®saving for a rainy day,¡¯ the commission said thrifty Rain has saved most of his income since debuting in 2002, and made various social contributions, including donating profits from concerts to underprivileged children, including W300 million to those suffering the after-effects of an oil spill in Tae-an. Kim Ji-soo deals prudently with her income, thus raising awareness of saving.

200810290009_01.jpg

Singer Rain and actress Kim Ji-soo attend the 45th Savings Day ceremony at Korea Federation of Banks, Seoul, on Tuesday. / Yonhap

The top prize, the Mogryeon Medal, was awarded to single mother Sim Sam-sun, 56, an independent taxi driver in Busan. She has been raising her two children alone while saving her entire income, excluding a daily lunch bill, for 26 years. She also participated in social services, including helping starving children.

Some 81 people were awarded prizes, including one decoration, three medals and six presidential commendations.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Guest angelordevil

08 Oct 29 [MyDaily] Rain's Montly Allowance Is Only 500,000 Won

Rain's monthly allowance is only 500,000 Won (approx. US$343)

Korean star Rain was the talk of the town when he received the president's award for his saving habits at the 45th National Savings Day. Based on what is understood so far, even though Rain may be considered Korea's hottest male entertainer, he continues to foster the habit since childhood of perseverance and saving whenever there is money; putting the majority of his income into the bank. It is reported that because Rain lets his own father manage his bankbooks, he is unclear as to exactly how many bankbooks he has. However, he only gets 500,000 Won each month from his father as spending money to cover his expenses.

Rain is also different from other stars who like name brands; not nearly buying as much branded goods with expensive prices. He indicated once that although he receives branded gifts from others, he himself will not buy these name brands. Even though he is usually very thrifty, he thinks that when the need arises he can be open and generous. Last year when the oil spill polution occurred at the beach of Taean, he generously contributed 300 million Won (approx. US$206,171), and in addition to that he has also actively participated in other public welfare donations.

Yesterday during the awards ceremony of the South Korean National Savings Day event he expressed his feelings and stated, "To me, saving is the process of turning something little into something more, and although it doesn't look like there is much, but each time you accumulate the money becomes greater. I hope that under the present circumstances of an uncertain economy, everyone will all form the habit of saving." All Rights Reserved//MyDaily

Souce: MyDaily // Sina Entertainment

Posted by dada@RainHK

Eng Translation: dsl99a@Rain-USA & SexyBi

08 Oct 29 [MyDaily] Rain's Montly Allowance Is Only 500,000 Won

Souce: MyDaily // Sina Entertainment

Posted by dada@RainHK

Eng Translation: dsl99a@Rain-USA & SexyBi

Hi Thu - thanks for sharing this. This guy is so smart when it comes to handling his money. And of course, his dad is always there to help him & take care of him. But can’t imagine that at his age, his dad is still the one keeping all his money & only received an allowance from him monthly. He has been mentioning it that he really doesn’t buy branded things all the time but most of them that we see were sponsored clothing. :lol::)

Guest fatgrrl_slim

Hi Thu - thanks for sharing this. This guy is so smart when it comes to handling his money. And of course, his dad is always there to help him & take care of him. But can’t imagine that at his age, his dad is still the one keeping all his money & only received an allowance from him monthly. He has been mentioning it that he really doesn’t buy branded things all the time but most of them that we see were sponsored clothing. :lol::)

From what I heard, it's Korean tradition that the father takes care of his first-born/only son's money. The son only receives an allowance from his father. This applies even if the son is already married. Rain's family values are still quite conventional so I'm not surprised that they still practice that tradition.

Guest marialolly

Woow.. so many news from him. o.o

Btw.. it's my first post in here to say that i watch Speed Racer and seeing Rain on it. :D I was like wild when i see him happily. :D

Even showing his sexy body. xDD

But i really don't understand is.. why in the begin he's beating up by those gangster? o.o

From what I heard, it's Korean tradition that the father takes care of his first-born/only son's money. The son only receives an allowance from his father. This applies even if the son is already married. Rain's family values are still quite conventional so I'm not surprised that they still practice that tradition.

Hi fatgrrl - thanks for the reply. So, that's K-tradition. I didn't know this until you said it.......... thanks for this info. No wonder up to now his dad is still handling his money for him. But looking at it seems not a good practice since our kind of culture isn't like that. But that's nice to know........... :lol::)

Guest Mariposa28

willenette; angelordevil thanks for sharing these articles,

here one iv found, Rain attended the 1st 2008-style icon awards

[포토엔]비(정지훈), 부드러운 미소 가득

2008103022264610101ha6.jpg

[뉴스엔 지형준 기자]

2008년 사회 문화 예술 각계 각층에서 트렌드와 스타일을 주도한 최고의 스타일 아이콘 10인을 선정하여 시상하는 제1회 2008 스타일 아이콘 어워즈가 30일 오후 10시 서울 강남구 청담동 클럽 앤써(Club Answer)에서 열렸다.

이날 본식에 앞서 가수 비(정지훈)가 오렌지 카펫을 밟고 있다.

제1회 2008 스타일 아이콘 어워즈는 탤런트 정준호의 사회로 셀러브리티의 놀랍고 파격적인 공연이 준비됐다. 2008 스타일 아이콘 10인의 선정은 각 분야 전문가로 구성된 13인의 집행위원과 스타일 관련 핵심 인물로 구성된 선정위원단 100인의 공정한 심사 및 투표로 이뤄졌다.

또한 2008 스타일 아이콘 어워즈는 아름다운 나눔을 통해 진정한 스타일을 실천하고자 하는 취지의 '뷰티풀 쉐어링 캠페인(Beautiful Sharing Campaign)'을 함께 진행한다.

제1회 2008 스타일 아이콘 어워즈는 오후 10시부터 올리브(O'live), tvN, Mnet 등 CJ 미디어 3개 채널에서 동시 생중계 된다.

credit newsen

a collage of pics i looooove:

b038c2818eoj8.jpg

credit Rain thread soompi korean music

another pic from the magazin Esquire,

vcvju1.jpg

credit RA

more from the event

[]http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/3940/20081030221948858f32226om3.jpg[/i

[]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2093/20081030221308924661hs4.jpg[/]

credit rain- america

Hi mariposa - thanks for posting the photos here. Ahhh……….. he looks so HOT! I love what he’s wearing. I've seen the video of this event - wondering what were the things he said in the interview? And who was the other guy with him? :sweatingbullets::lol: