Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Guest taralee

Sorry but suddenly this came in mind. I remembered some don't really like to hear the letter "M" but what if he got chosen and he's still on contract? What happen then?

Guest msweete6

Rain : I will walk toward her and whisper at her ear that....I love you. (Laughs..) Just kidding! ^^ I'll probably use a song to represent my love for her.

*faints*

Guest kate666

Kate.. do you know exactly where the international area is..

is it CR or CL.. ?

The one we bot tru thai tix master is CR..

Mine is CL. ^^ :lol:

Guest toc tien

Hi Kate :)

I just watched I do MV-Thai version. There is woman's voice in this MV, sing in Thai.

It's great!!!!

Do you know who is she?

And my previous ques about "Pad-Thai", how does it look like, how does it taste

Sorry since I asked you so much, I'm really curious.

Thanks in advance. :)

Guest jineefan06

Girls, I just read some pages on this thread. My, there are so many. Came across these comments about the Pareles review on NYT. Here’s my two cents.

Honestly I don't think it's very negative.

1. A nostogia act. That got to be good. It's not just old stuff, it's good old stuff. The good-old-days kind of thing. It's not 'out of date' garbage. It has values.

2. Sure, he said Rain's music lacks originality. But from another angel, he is also suggesting that the music and dance are mainstream American/western stuff, at the same level as many top American artists were.

3. <If there's anything beyond the lyrics that's particularly Korean about Rain's songs, it's not obvious. > So, Pareles did not hear anything 'foreign' except lyrics. For an ordinary American, that sounds like acceptance. It's like saying, it’s not weird.

4. Pareles gave some craps to JYP, but is nicer to Rain. e.g. <Rain and ... JYP, have imported and digested pop-R&B from the English-speaking world, ...>. But <The obstacle to Rain's intended United States career is that by the time Mr. Park has figured out how to imitate the latest English-speaking hit, American pop will have jumped ahead of him. > Notice the different choice of words? Also, it's like saying, if Rain doesn't make it in America, it's JYP's fault.

5. As a critic, Pareles is not particularly mean in this article. Reading a couple of his other reviews, you will find that he wouldn't scream out loud even when he hails someone. Pareles seems to be an experienced and serious critic. He's not a wooer or booer, though he seems to have his own preferences and a ‘high’ standard to match his ‘status’. I am sure JYP takes his words seriously, as reminders at least, if there is anything JYP hadn’t known already.

6. Two articles on NYT including one headline. That’s enough weight.

Other thoughts,

1. Don't know which concert Pareles went. It could effect his reviews.

2. Don't know what songs Rain performed. Did he sing an English song ? With songs, lyrics are a huge part. If you are not familiar with the language, you only get half the impact.

3. Don't know if Pareles did some homework before the concert, or he's only writing about his first impressions.

4. Pareles has difficulty finding words to discribe Rain except that he’s a nice guy. Don’t believe he’s not sarcastic here. But just not sure what he meant exactly when he mentioned Rain smilling. How does a ‘mainstream’ American sees this Asian smile ? Sure, Rain’s smile is not that of Jacky Chan’s. But what exactly. Maybe just saying he’s nice, or it’s the fun part. I don’t know.

5. The NYC concert is just a prelude to the real thing. So Rain is not an instant hit outside MSGT. So what. What matters is how the industry people sees him. If they saw enough potential, they will help him. What were the chatties off screens? If Rain releases an album in America, it will have many more hands in it than JYP's. There will be a more distinctive identity for Rain, and a good shower of promotions, too.

Still more thoughts.

1. The current speaking-English strategy has flaws. Too much stress is layed on articulation. They should balance articulation with fluency.

2. JYP needs to let Rain stay in America for a few months to get a real boost to his English.

3. JYP is absolutely right to let Rain be Rain. Don't cut his feet to fit the American shoes.

Then the Last but Most Important Thing.

1,2,3,4,5... JYP and Rain, you can't run a marathon with the speed of sprint. Got to slow down now. Want to see Rain active 20, 40, ... years down the road.

A,b,c,d,… You can’t squeeze a cow for first class milk without giving it a real break. You need to relax and meditate to enrich yourself, to grow.

(sorry, too long)

Guest kate666

I just watched I do MV-Thai version. There is woman's voice in this MV, sing in Thai.

It's great!!!!

Do you know who is she?

Toctien! Sorry. :P The woman is Panadda Ruangwut, one of GMM's singers.

And this is PadThai. It's some kind of noodle.

p080jd.jpg

Larger pic here : http://www.yingsakfood.com/course/images/TFood354.jpg

:lol::lol:

Guest fatgrrl_slim

Girls, I just read some pages on this thread. My, there are so many. Came across these comments about the Pareles review on NYT. Here’s my two cents.

Hi jineefan06, and welcome to the thread. Thanks for sharing your insights. I, too, think the review is not so bad and apparently, JYP thinks so, too. He has already given a statement re: this and thus, we have given the issue a rest. We trust in JYPE now to know what is best for Rain, and Rain knows what is best for him. We could only give him our full support and encouragement.

==========

OT:

BIBI, there's something missing in your posts. You have to add this:

v-5-laser.jpg

...or else we're gonna kick you out of the gang. :D j/k

I dunno whether this has been posted before...

did you notice that now Rain is on mtv.com artists' database?

I don't remember seeing him there before. B)

MTV.com - Rain

mtv7gz.th.jpg

wow i never noticed tht b4 as well.. thx for sharing... :D

p080jd.jpg

ooh i'm not thai but i love padthai n thai food.... :P

I don't think Rain is going to leave JYPE.

I don't have doubts on him,they have a lot of plans for the future together.

me too, I think Bi will stay with JYP.

It's great!!!!

Do you know who is she?

so happy to know Bi likes "Pad-Thai", as it's my favorite Thai food as well.

What's it taste? fried noodle type, sweet and sour, lemon flavor sour, with roasted unsalted peanuts

Guest shinebi

Kate, thanks for the article/interview... Bi is so cute and adorable!!

JINLEES What happened? I thought you were going to the concert in NY? How come Wendy said that you weren't coming?? I met Wendy but you weren't there?? :(

Kate, thanks for the article/interview... Bi is so cute and adorable!!

JINLEES What happened? I thought you were going to the concert in NY? How come Wendy said that you weren't coming?? I met Wendy but you weren't there?? :(

Hi,Amee,i was there and met Wendy. Watched two concerts with other friends.

The schedule was quite tight, sorry missed your meeting.

I was in first 20 in queue for two nights. Where were you in the line?

so miss bi in the game shows, whenever watch "love letter" or "x-man",

I would think what if bi in the game.........

here is one clip bi was in Stars competition 2003

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=tRxx...d%3DtRxxlDds_Ns

Guest miharu*

jineefan06, I totally agree with what you said. It's true. Bi isn't going to be accepted right off the bat; it's going to take a lot of time. And if they change Bi to fit the American market, I rather not have him in the market at all. So I'm glad JYP feels that way.

But Bi says that he wants to retire at 30. So either he's going break away at the climax of his career or continue working till he's grey and old. I think it's leaning towards the second option.

Nevertheless, it's great that he's made it so far and is beginning to become more recognized in the U.S. There are bound to be harsh critiques and all that jazz so fans shouldn't really be too uptight about it. Sure you want to defend him the second you hear something that's negative but it's their opinion. Let them change it after seeing more of Bi. I'm pretty confident that Bi will more than turn them around. ^^

Hope he continues to do his best. Aja Aja!

Guest PuccaGirl_64

I dunno whether this has been posted before...

did you notice that now Rain is on mtv.com artists' database?

I don't remember seeing him there before. B)

MTV.com - Rain

mtv7gz.th.jpg

WOW!!..before I searched RAIN/ Jeong ji hoon/Bi there before but nothing about him came up and NOW!!,..WAH!!..he's really doing it!! :w00t:

Rain : I will walk toward her and whisper at her ear that....I love you. (Laughs..) Just kidding! ^^ I'll probably use a song to represent my love for her.

*faints*

I would rather he whisper something sweet into my ears instead of hearing him sing a song.

Guest freya1507

Honestly I don't think it's very negative.

1. A nostogia act. That got to be good. It's not just old stuff, it's good old stuff. The good-old-days kind of thing. It's not 'out of date' garbage. It has values.

2. Sure, he said Rain's music lacks originality. But from another angel, he is also suggesting that the music and dance are mainstream American/western stuff, at the same level as many top American artists ...

thank you verys much for your thoughts and it is not too long ;)

i was so angry as i read this article ...

i would prefer if deborah sonntag (the one who wrote the long article one week before) would have wirtten the critc too ...she did a real good resarch on bi

but *sigh ... i think i will email to new york times...feel the need to tell them my opionion about this critic

well come jineefan06 here ;)

waveing to all others ..back online try to catch up with all stuff ;)

Guest toc tien

Toctien! Sorry. :P The woman is Panadda Ruangwut, one of GMM's singers.

p080jd.jpg

me too, I think Bi will stay with JYP.

so happy to know Bi likes "Pad-Thai", as it's my favorite Thai food as well.

What's it taste? fried noodle type, sweet and sour, lemon flavor sour, with roasted unsalted peanuts

Good morning all Biers

Thank Kate

I love her voice and she made a good duet with Bi in this song :P

I think I will like this food, try to find out some Thai restaurants soon.