Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Kim Tae Hee’s Brother Lee Wan Touches On His Relationship With Brother-In-Law Rain

Lee-Wan.jpg

Lee Wan spoke about his sister Kim Tae Hee and his brother-in-law Rain for the first time since their marriage on the latest episode of “Law of the Jungle.”

Kangnam shared that he lives in the same apartment building as Rain, and started a conversation with Lee Wan about his family. Lee Wan revealed that he lives with his mom, since his sister got married. Kangnam then asked about his new brother-in-law to which Lee Wan responded, “We are slowly becoming a family and getting closer.”

Lee Wan also opened up about hiding the fact that he was Kim Tae Hee’s brother during his debut. He debuted in the popular drama “Stairway to Heaven,” and acted as siblings alongside his real-life sister. However, Lee Wan hid the fact that Kim Tae Hee was his actual sister and even changed his name so people would not know.

“When we ran into each other on set, I would bow to her and act as if we were acquaintances,” said Lee Wan, and surprised his “Law of the Jungle” cast members.

Meanwhile, Kim Tae Hee and Rain recently announced they were expecting a baby.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/08/18/kim-tae-hees-brother-lee-wan-touches-relationship-brother-law-rain/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 3

20 hours ago, rain4life said:

Rain’s new biopic “Uhm Bok-dong” is halfway done

IMG_7448.JPG

South Korean superstar Rain will soon be starring in an upcoming South Korean biographical drama film based on the famed cyclist Uhm Bok-dong, and the shooting of the film is almost halfway done.

“I'm shooting a new movie called “Uhm Bok-dong”. Obviously, it's based on the life of the Korean cyclist of the same name during the Japanese colonial period of 1910 in Korea,” said the actor during our interview with him at the recent Viral Fest Asia in Bangkok.

“The shooting of the film is about 40 percent done, and it would most likely go on until mid-August,” the actor added.

Uhm Bok-dong became a national symbol of pride for the Koreans when he defeated Japanese cyclists and won the championship in a bicycle race which took place during the Japanese colonial rule of Korea.

IMG_7467.JPG

Rain mentioned that this is the first time that he has taken on this kind of role, and he hopes that he gets to try on more challenging roles in the future.

“The role that I'm playing now is a character that I've never tried playing before and it is very challenging and interesting, so I'm sure that it will be a new experience to the audience as well.”

“I really enjoy working with the other actors on the film, and I hope that in the future I get to try on other different kinds of new and unique characters,” the 34-year-old singer-cum-actor said.

After filming is done, Rain will be focusing on releasing his new album which is set to be released by the end of this year.

IMG_7489.JPG

“If I’ll be staring in a new drama, the album is expected to come out in December, if not, it could be around mid-November,” said Rain whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon.

Meanwhile, the King of Pop also noted that he is embarrassed to be called King of Pop by his fans even though he feels honoured at the same time.

“Apart from me, there are a lot of other well-known artistes in the entertainment industry. I’m just a shy person who tries to act and sing in my own style, and with own ability. I’m just helping the others to help promote K-Pop to the rest of the world.”

“So rather than being called the King of Pop, I rather be known as one of the artistes who contributes to the industry,” he continued.

http://www.thehive.asia/2017/06/rains-new-biopic-uhm-bok-dong-is.html?m=1

I'm so glad he's coming back this November. can't wait for his new music.

• Like 3

On 8/19/2017 at 1:37 AM, rain4life said:
Rain to make a comeback this November

His agency Rain Company announced on August 18, "Rain is working on a new album with a plan to release it in November. Currently, he's wrapped up recording 1 track." A November comeback album would mark Rain's first in 3 years and 10 months as well as his first following his marriage to actress Kim Tae Hee.

Rain last promoted as a singer with his single "The Best Present" this past January, but his last album was 'Rain Effect' in January of 2014. 

Stay tuned for updates about Rain's comeback!

More info about this new mini album:

• 1. "... the specific work hasn't been done... album concept or title track hasn't been decided."
  • 2. "According to the office, 5 songs are scheduled to be included in this album."
  • 3. "goes to the US during Sept -to record one more song and.... work on four more songs."

Hi rain4life, thanks for sharing this.  During Viral Fest Asia in BKK he said that if he accepts the drama role he was offered, the mini-album will probably come out in December, and if he doesn't accept it, it will most likely be out in late-November.  But, he mentioned that he will try to make a comeback before the year ends (2017). The Chinese drama “Endless August” is one that caused a delay in production of his mini-album. –  then, one factor also is KTH's pregnancy. I wonder if this will be very powerful dance music mini-album or more of ballads. Also wonder if this new album would have a Chinese version for his Chinese fans to listen to the songs in mandarin since this will be produced & self-written by RAIN. He mentioned this before - Looking forward to this. By November KTH I guess already delivered their 1st daughter. I guess she's expecting to deliver the kid by October (???) He said it's an EP format - This means "extended play" - It's a musical recording that contains more tracks than a single, but is usually unqualified as an album. It's considered less expensive & time consuming for an artist to produce. :tongue:

• Like 2

On 8/19/2017 at 10:56 PM, rain4life said:

Kim Tae Hee’s Brother Lee Wan Touches On His Relationship With Brother-In-Law Rain

Lee Wan spoke about his sister Kim Tae Hee and his brother-in-law Rain for the first time since their marriage on the latest episode of “Law of the Jungle.”

Kangnam shared that he lives in the same apartment building as Rain, and started a conversation with Lee Wan about his family. Lee Wan revealed that he lives with his mom, since his sister got married. Kangnam then asked about his new brother-in-law to which Lee Wan responded, “We are slowly becoming a family and getting closer.”

Lee Wan also opened up about hiding the fact that he was Kim Tae Hee’s brother during his debut. He debuted in the popular drama “Stairway to Heaven,” and acted as siblings alongside his real-life sister. However, Lee Wan hid the fact that Kim Tae Hee was his actual sister and even changed his name so people would not know.

“When we ran into each other on set, I would bow to her and act as if we were acquaintances,” said Lee Wan, and surprised his “Law of the Jungle” cast members.

Meanwhile, Kim Tae Hee and Rain recently announced they were expecting a baby.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/08/18/kim-tae-hees-brother-lee-wan-touches-relationship-brother-law-rain/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

rain4life, also thanks for sharing this. So, LW was living alone then.....It seems that in his picture here he lost a little weight or is it just me? I wonder if this photo is recent, though. :tongue:

On 8/19/2017 at 3:00 AM, rain4life said:

Rain’s new biopic “Uhm Bok-dong” is halfway done

South Korean superstar Rain will soon be starring in an upcoming South Korean biographical drama film based on the famed cyclist Uhm Bok-dong, and the shooting of the film is almost halfway done.

“I'm shooting a new movie called “Uhm Bok-dong”. Obviously, it's based on the life of the Korean cyclist of the same name during the Japanese colonial period of 1910 in Korea,” said the actor during our interview with him at the recent Viral Fest Asia in Bangkok.

“The shooting of the film is about 40 percent done, and it would most likely go on until mid-August,” the actor added.

Uhm Bok-dong became a national symbol of pride for the Koreans when he defeated Japanese cyclists and won the championship in a bicycle race which took place during the Japanese colonial rule of Korea.

Rain mentioned that this is the first time that he has taken on this kind of role, and he hopes that he gets to try on more challenging roles in the future.

“The role that I'm playing now is a character that I've never tried playing before and it is very challenging and interesting, so I'm sure that it will be a new experience to the audience as well.”

“I really enjoy working with the other actors on the film, and I hope that in the future I get to try on other different kinds of new and unique characters,” the 34-year-old singer-cum-actor said.

After filming is done, Rain will be focusing on releasing his new album which is set to be released by the end of this year.

“If I’ll be staring in a new drama, the album is expected to come out in December, if not, it could be around mid-November,” said Rain whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon.

Meanwhile, the King of Pop also noted that he is embarrassed to be called King of Pop by his fans even though he feels honoured at the same time.

“Apart from me, there are a lot of other well-known artistes in the entertainment industry. I’m just a shy person who tries to act and sing in my own style, and with own ability. I’m just helping the others to help promote K-Pop to the rest of the world.”

“So rather than being called the King of Pop, I rather be known as one of the artistes who contributes to the industry,” he continued.

http://www.thehive.asia/2017/06/rains-new-biopic-uhm-bok-dong-is.html?m=1

*** Thanks for sharing this. I think any actor worth their salt wants to show as much versatility as they possibly can. Of course, we want RAIN not to stick to only one genre. I hope he could pick a wide variety of roles & could act in any script that's handed to him. :tongue:

On 8/19/2017 at 11:07 PM, Vika Lipatova said:

I'm so glad he's coming back this November. can't wait for his new music.

Hi Vika, I'm happy, too - Thanks for your sharing including the NICE picture you posted above. Dear, just a gentle reminder that please don't quote pictures instead, remove image in your quotes. If you're going to quote a picture in case say something about it. Quoted pictures are considered a violation here in soompi - You might be warned by MOD & I don't want this to happen to you - :tongue:

• Like 3

*** RAIN posted this food in his IG last Friday. I guess the 1st & 3rd pictures is a Black Bean soup - the 3rd one has some seafood cutlets. The 2nd picture, is that a Mung Beans?

• Like 3

Singer Rain plans to release comeback album in November

SEOUL, Aug. 18 (Yonhap) -- South Korean pop singer Rain is working on a new EP record and plans to release it in November, according to his company Friday.

"Rain plans to briefly visit the U.S. in September and will later focus on producing the album to put it out in an EP format in November," a representative at Rain Company said.

The most recent work released by the singer, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, was "Rain Effect" back in January 2014. His new project will reportedly include self-written tracks along with ones from hired outside producers.

"Just one song is recorded as of now and four more have to be worked on," the company said.

Rain is taking part in the making of the biographical drama film "Uhm Bok-dong," which revolves around the famed cyclist Uhm Bok-dong who became a symbol of pride for Koreans when he defeated Japanese cyclists and won the championship in a bicycle race during the Japanese colonial period (1910-45).

Debuting as a pop singer in 2002, Rain was named one of the "100 Most Influential People" by U.S. Time magazine in 2006 and 2011. Outside of singing, he's appeared in the Hollywood films "Speed Racer" (2008) and "Ninja Assassin" (2009), and the Chinese TV series "Diamond Love." In January, he got married to star actress Kim Tae-hee.

In this file photo, South Korean singer Rain speaks during an interview in Bangkok on June 4, 2017. (Yonhap)

In this file photo, South Korean singer Rain speaks during an interview in Bangkok on June 4, 2017. (Yonhap)

odissy@yna.co.kr

(END)

• Like 3

***  I prefer LW to call RAIN as his Maehyung................."Maehyung" is someone elder sister's husband - In other words, brother-in-law. "Hyungnim" - a male person would use hyung or hyungnim to all his old brother. While KTH can call Hana (RAIN's sis) as Agasshi or Asshi. :tongue: I realized that there are various ways of calling your relatives in K-culture. It's pretty confusing at first but when you get the grasp of it you'll be having fun hearing these titles being spoken.

*************************************************************************************

Lee Wan says he is gradually building up a family bond with his brother-in-law Rain

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain.jpg

Broadcasted on August 18, SBS' 'Laws of the Jungle' featured Kim Tae Hee's younger brother Lee Wan talking about his brother-in-law Rain.

Kangnam asked, "Do you live alone?"  Lee Wan responded, "I did live alone up until around the time of my noona's marriage.  I'm currently living with my parents."

Following this, Kangnam said, "So do you consider Rain hyung as a family member? Are you close to him?"  With that, Lee Wan answered cautiously, "We are gradually becoming like family, we are getting close."

Kangnam continued on with his questionnaire, saying curiously, "How do you address him? Maehyung or Hyungnim?" Lee Wan replied, "I tend to mix things up a bit."

Rain_1503067394_201708182215527526561_20170818221655_01_20170818221748678.jpg

source : allkpop

• Like 3

10 Celebrity Couples Who Held Small, Beautiful Weddings

Many Korean celebrity couples have chosen to forego a grand wedding and held small, beautiful weddings instead.

Check out this list of ten of these celebrity couples and photos from their unique ceremonies.

10. Kim Tae Hee and Rain were married in a small and private ceremony at their church, and later explained the reasons for their choice.

Kim-Tae-Hee111.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

*** 10th Clouds membership for 2017 is now OPEN. :tongue:

Recruitment of Rain Official Fan Club CLOUD 10th 

credit : SpringRain - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

*Recruitment period: 2017. 8. 22 - 2017. 10. 30

*Admission qualification: All fans who love Rain all over the world

You should complete the Cafe Activities to become

a member of Cloud 10th for a month.

*What are the Cafe Activities:

1. You will become a sprout member if you join a member of

cafe.naver.com/officialcloud.cafe. 

2. For the first 15 days, you should write 5 posts, 10 replies to other’s posts, and

10 attendance mentions on Checking Attendance in GREETING, FREE BOARD

after that you will be a Diligence Cloud automatically through a system of Cafe Naver.

3. For last 15 days after being a Diligence Cloud, you should write 6 posts,

12 replies to other’s posts, and 12 attendance mentions on Checking Attendance

in GREETING, FREE BOARD again after that you will be a member of Cloud 10th

automatically through a system of Cafe Naver.

*Membership Fee: None ( You will pay to entry fee if we will take place "Fan Meeting" 

during Cloud 10th period ) 

*Membership Period: From after becoming the member of Cloud 10th in Cafe Naver

for Cloud, until the recruitment of Cloud 11th.

*Special provision for official Cloud 10th :

- Provision of official RAIN Special Card: ( This is just for official Cloud 10th.

After you will be an official member of Cloud 10th, It is scheduled to be send E-mail once

to each member of Cloud 10th  )

What is the RAIN Special Card => Voucher to prove the official Cloud 10th

# The company will offer you a notice later when and how it will be used.

# Please keep this voucher well which will send the members of Cloud 10th just one time.

- Priority provision schedules and information about fanmeeting and public broadcast  programs.

(If the fan meeting is organized during Cloud 10thperiod)

*Matters of attention when joining:

- First, you must become a member at the Cafe Naver for Cloud individually.

- After Cafe Activities for first 15 days, a Diligence Cloud is not a member of Cloud 10th.

- You can become a member of Cloud 10th after Cafe Activities for last 15days for a month.

After all activities for one month, you can write “REQUEST MEMBERSHIP UPGRAD.”

- You will not be able to join the Fan Club again if you choose to withdraw

from cafe.naver.com/officialcloud.cafe or you give up doing Cafe Activities within a month.

*Protection of Personal Information:

All informations submitted will be used solely for 10thCloud membership informations purposes, and will not be released outside for anyother purposes.

*Other matter: If you have any questions, please reply bottom of this notice or e-mail us

to Wcloud10Rain@gmail.com

• Like 2

Guide to apply for Cloud 10 at Naver Cafe

credit : huhuhuhu - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

With the recruitment of Cloud 10, the official Cloud site will also be moved to Naver Cafe.  This is because the current Cloud site is too out dated, making system upgrade, improvement, maintenance etc. very difficult, if not impossible.  Therefore the current site will eventually be closed, and the Cloud new home will be at Naver Cafe.

Notice for Cloud 10 recruitment

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/board/view.asp?mstSeq=14&mstpSeq=17&bcmSeq=6&seq=66749&page=1&searchType=title&searchStr=

You need to apply for Cloud 10 membership at http://cafe.naver.com/officialcloud.cafe

Here is the step by step guide to apply and become a full Cloud 10 member.

I.  The first thing you need to do is to join Naver and register a Naver ID  If you already have a Naver ID, please go directly to step II.  

Register Naver ID from your mobile phone is quite easy.  English version is available so all you need is to go to naver.com, and do the necessary sign up.  If you need help with this please email to raincloudworld@gmail.com.

II.  Once you have your Naver ID, you can click the link and apply to join 10th Cloud: http://cafe.naver.com/officialcloud.cafe 

Please note it may take a day for so before your application is approved.  Before that, you will not be able to enter the Cloud Cafe.  

WechatIMG10.png

This means your application is being processed.  Normally the system approves all applications within the day, (this was the case when we checked the system), but apparently some fans did not get same day approval.  Please allow some time before you enter the Cloud Cafe again.

III  When your application is approved, you will become a sprout member and you will be able to enter into 3 main areas in the Cloud Cafe: NOTICE, GREETING, FREE BOARD.  Now you need to complete the required tasks within 15 days after you become a sprout member.

Screen%20Shot%202017-08-22%20at%2010.51.57%20PM.png

1.  10 times attendance check.  In the GREETING area you can see the CHECKING ATTENDANCE room.  Go into that room for at least 10 days and issue a simple post, such as “Sign in”.  The system will log your attendance automatically.

2.    Write 5 posts.  You can write your post in any room within the FREE BOARD area: Korean Talk, Japanese Talk, Chinese Talk, English Talk  etc.  and in whatever language you prefer.  You can share news about Rain and there is no need to upload any photo or video.  Or you can just write a short post like “Glad to join 10th Cloud. Happy to be here” “Welcome to the Cloud 10 family”, “Rain, love and support you forever”….. etc.  Again the system will log your posts automatically.

3.    Write 10 comments/replies.  All you need to do is to leave comments to others’ posts.  If you really have nothing to say, a “thank you for sharing” would be fine.  

Please make sure you fulfil the required tasks within the 15 day period, and you will be upgraded to Diligent Cloud.

IV.  When you become a Diligent Cloud, you will need to go through the same process within 15 days.  You need to sign in your attendance for 12 days, write 6 posts and leave 12 comments/replies. 

When this is done, you will become an official 10th Cloud.

The system will upgrade you to 10th Cloud automatically if you complete the tasks, so there is no need to request to upgrade.  However, if you think you should be upgraded but you were not, you can post any question or query in the REQUEST MEMBERSHIP room.  

If you are still have any questions please leave your questions below or email to Wcloud10Rain@gmail.com 

• Like 3

Report on World Cloud Coffee Truck Support (cancelled due to bad weather)

credit : huhuhuhu - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

As reported previously, we still had surplus from last meal truck support, and planned to do a cool coffee truck support for Rain and the Uhm Bok Dong movie crew during their summer shooting.   We had 3,706,234 Korean won left and had since received some more donation, bringing the total amount to 3,742,468 Korean won.  This would enable us to do a nice coffee and snack support.

We informed Rain Company our wish and had since been waiting for a date.  Scheduling seemed difficult but at last we were advised that the movie would complete shooting on 20 August, and that we could do our support on that day.  However we also knew that weather had been unstable and shooting could be affected.  We decided to take the risk as we believed providing a coffee truck support on the last day of shooting was a good way for Rain to thank the movie crew.

We contacted the same catering company for the Cloud's meal support for Come Back Mister. We chose our menu and  a deposit of 900,000 Korean won was made.  We set off in heavy rain in the morning of 20 August, and when we were half way to Jeonju we received call that shooting was to be cancelled due to heavy rain.  All actors, actresses and staff were on stand by.  We decided to continue with our journey, hoping the weather would clear.  However after a few more phone calls, we knew for sure shooting was cancelled.  We also knew at that time fans of the leading actress Kang Sora had scheduled to do a snack support on the same day, and that they had to cancel too.

Since our catering company had already prepared banners, cup holders and all logistics,  a fee of 350,000 Korean won had to be paid to them.  We were faced with two options:

1.  Deduct 350,000 from the 900,000 deposit,  get our remaining deposit back (a cancellation fee might apply).  No more support would be done for Uhm Bok Dong.

2.  Deduct 350,000 from the 900,000 deposit, ask the catering company to keep the balance and the materials made. Wait for new schedule for the last shooting and do our coffee truck support.

After discussion we felt that a support on the last day of shooting was meaningful, and we felt that Rain would be happy to see his overseas fans supporting him all the way until the end of the movie shooting.  We had therefore chosen option 2.

However if we really could not do it, it would be fine and we would keep all the balance for the next event to show our support for Rain.  

We apologise we were not able to seek all donors opinion beforehand.  We hope you all support our decision.

Just a note, travelling and other expenses incurred by the support team were all personal expenses.  This had always been the case.  Donations collected were solely for Rain events, excluding support team expenses.  

• Like 2

*** RAIN just posted this clip on his IG. Is he the one drinking this German beer, Lager? He's drinking alone. It's a Pale Lager. I heard that he likes the taste of this brand & could consume up to (3) bottles. It's good when you store this from six weeks to six months for aging before use. There's another Lager, which is called Dark lager. But, this light in color is RAIN's favorite and is aged at cool temperatures. Hahaha - RAIN is using a wine glass in drinking this beer. :D

• Like 2

Hi rain4life, ye, RAIN & KTH are in Trento, Italy right now having their vacation. Thanks for sharing the pictures.  Actually, he also posted the food they ate there. I will post it here when I can find time. They ordered several course menus. Yummy dishes there, huh? Locanda Margon offers its customers a choice of (2) separate settings : Gourmet & Veranda. I guess they chose a Veranda since he didn't post any wine in the IG. The Veranda offers simpler & faster dishes with the needs of customers more concerned with price & speed of service. :tongue: Also, thanks for sharing MORE updates here. 

• Like 2