Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

mayabi25 said: anjjo said:

Sadly, there's a report that his fan meeting on August 3, 2013 is cancelled.  Could this be the effect of the latest issue against Rain?<br />
<br />
[07-25] 130725 [Cloud Notice]Aug 3rd Fan Meeting is CANCELLED<br />
<br />
<br />
≮ 8岿3老 埔固泼捞 秒家登菌澜阑 舅妨靛赋聪促. ≮ <br />

So sad to hear this news... I think the decision comes in light of recent events surrounding the issues againts celebrity soldiers wich Rain is still very much part of it. as a fan of him, I feel so upset because i miss him so much but I think it's a good decision for him. He simply cannot hold a fan meeting at this point because he is still embroiled in this military contraversy and the fact that his military friends (se7en, sangchu, n the others ) have been sentenced to serve time in military jail...so he cannot possibly show a happy face to his fans without earning further reaction from the media n netizen.. now is not a good situation for him n its make his fans really sad.. the military contraversy seems like never ending story n I hope its gonna be over so we can see his big smile n bright face again... Rain..aza aza fighting, your clouds always there to support u no matter what !!!

July 26, 2013

class="art_title"Celebrity Soldiers to Be Put in Brig

Seven celebrity soldiers will be put in brig for going AWOL to visit an adult massage parlor and bringing private mobile phones into barracks.

The Defense Ministry on Thursday announced the findings of a special investigation of the entertainment corps that had been started early this month.

Sangchu (left) and Se7en Sangchu (left) and Se7en

Lee Sang-cheol, known as Sangchu, and Choi Dong-wook, the pop star more commonly known as Se7en, will be locked up in brig for 10 days for leaving their motel to visit an adult massage parlor after a performance in Chuncheon, Gangwon Province on June 21.

Five others will be put in brig for four days for illegally bringing their mobile phones into barracks. And a corporal will be confined to his barracks for 10 days for going AWOL to watch a movie after the same performance in Chuncheon.

The soldiers will be taken into custody after a court procedure and their period of military service extended in proportion to the number of days in custody. But their penalties will not be recorded as criminal offenses on their military service documents.

The measure is widely seen as a sap to growing public discontent with the coddled existence of the entertainment corps.

Earlier, Jung Ji-hoon, better known by his stage name Rain, was released from the military on July 10. He had been confined to barracks for seven days for going on dates with his girlfriend, actress Kim Tae-hee (33), while on official duty.

The ministry on July 18 abruptly announced it is shutting down the entertainment corps, which was established for singers and actors drafted into mandatory service. Of the current 15 celebrity soldiers, three who have fewer than three months to serve will be allowed to finish their service with ordinary soldiers in the ministry compound. The others will be reassigned to frontline units in Gyeonggi and Gangwon provinces. 

englishnews@chosun.com / Jul. 26, 2013 09:29 KST

K-Pop Idol Rain Out Of Army Service With Spotty Record

rain1.jpg

A group of K-pop stars serving in the South Korean army has forced the Ministry Of National Defence to abolish its Defence Media Agency after the celebrity soldiers went AWOL and were captured going on a boozy bender by a TV crew. Now, all entertainers facing military conscription will not have the option of serving as "special duty" soldiers.

Among the singers and actors in the controversy is Rain, who was discharged last week after completing his compulsory two-year service. At a pithy press conference on the day of his release, he gave a terse statement about his army days and bluntly dodged the drama surrounding his final months with the DMA.

"I appreciate your visit and I always feel grateful for all of it. I will do my best [in my further activities]," he said, before scuttling off with a somewhat sombre face. Media reports speculated that the palaver over the banned conduct of several DMA personnel was heavy on his mind.

In recent months the Ministry was forced to investigate its star soldiers at the DMA—a PR unit that provides TV and radio programming to promote the army—after they were found out cavorting in bunch of activities prohibited by the military. But Rain—real name Jung Ji-hoon—managed to get off scot-free.

"We have judged that Jung Ji-hoon did not do anything that is worthy of facing disciplinary action so we he will be discharged [as scheduled]," said a Ministry official. "Interim findings have shown that he did not leave his place of duty without permission and he went straight to sleep after finishing dinner with higher officials."

However, Rain was slapped with a disciplinary charge for going AWOL to meet his actress girlfriend Kim Tae-hee early this year.

rain2.jpg

The DMA came under fire after a major TV station, on its current affairs programme In-Depth 21, exposed a group of celebrity soldiers out of uniform getting liqoured up and talking on their mobile phones, all after taking part in a concert for the troops.

Several singers including Rain, Se7en, Sangchu of Mighty Mouth, Gyeonwoo of M Signal and Kim Gyeong-hyun of The Cross were in the concert. Two of them were later spotted going into a dodgy "massage parlour". The seven soldiers, excluding Rain, now face the possibility of severe disciplinary action.

Fallout from the controversy has forced the Defence Ministry to abolish its entertainment troop unit, meaning that South Korean pop stars and actors no longer have the choice of serving out their mandatory two-year enlistment as non-combative soldiers.

"We fully realise responsibility for our insufficient management of the DMA and its soldiers," said a Ministry spokesperson. "As a follow-up measure of the investigation results on the DMA, we have decided to abolish the institution [of entertainment soldiers]."

The Ministry will now reclassify and reassign the DMA soldiers into new units, except three who have only months left before their discharge. The soldiers under investigation will be relocated to field units near the demilitarised zone. Several DMA officials will also be reprimanded for poor management.

Meanwhile, Rain seems to have landed on his feet. Reports have emerged that reps from Jay Z's Roc Nation have been asking about him, which Rain's new agency CUBE Entertainment has confirmed. But they also said neither party was rushing into a decision.

Rain has done a concert in the US before, but he's better known there for his part in the movies Ninja Assassin and Speed Racer. One music industry source noted rather obviously, "If Rain works with Jay Z, he has a high chance of being active as both a singer and actor [in the US]."

Source: Reuters/TenAsia / dailychilli
Published: July 25, 2013

[26-Jul-2013][sportsKH]Military takes severe disciplinary action against 'Sangchu' and 'Seven'.

Sangchu' and 'Seven' will be redeployed to field forces after being confined in the guardhouse.

The military has taken severe disciplinary action against entertainment soldiers 'Sangchu' (his real name, Lee Sang-Cheol. aged 31) and 'Seven' (Choi Dong-Wook, 29) since the news of their going to massage parlors offering illicit sexual services, caused quite a stir in the country.

According to the Defense Military on the 25th, two ('Sangchu' and 'Seven') and five others of the 8 entertainment soldiers who are accused of violating military rules, are to be to the guardhouse for ten days and for four days, for going to massage parlors offering illicit sexual services and for using prohibited item 'cellphones', respectively. The remainder of them is to be placed under probation. After that, all of them will be redeployed to field forces.

At a briefing last 18th, the Defense Military said, 'Following the crisis as a result of an inspection of entertainment soldiers, the military has decided to abolish the entertainment soldier system because normal soldiers who are faithfully serving in military, have been demoralized by them and because the inevitable result of the controversy has been the complete loss of the public's confidence."

An endless debate had surrounded the issue of whether to continue or stop the entertainment soldier system since some entertainment soldiers' violating rules were shown on a current affairs TV show last 25th.

Credit to Sports KyungHang

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=144&aid=0000210262

English translation by 화니

Annyeong everyone!

@anjjo,

Frankly, I am getting really tired of reading all the recent reports of the PR agents with the repetitious statement of Rain and his confinement due to contact with KTH. I'm dumbfounded by this "delight" in reminding the public of the incident over and over again, with Rain's picture used for some of the news. Some of the media just can't seem to let go and move on with something constructive. The 3 witches in Hamlet suddently pop up in my mind while I'm typing this.   >:):D    

There is so much more to one's life than bowing to the pressures out there. I am reminded of how he said that after his filming stint in USA a few years back that he was so depressed out of loneliness that he wished the plane in which he was traveling in just crash, but he thought to himself, since he is not married yet, he cast the depressive thoughts away. Just show how ultimately strong and sane he is. Like you said at KTH's thread, he has KTH now and she is there to console, care and love him in times like this. On top of that, he has his loyal fans standing behind him. He should be able to quickly get by.

@willenette,

I do not know what is the current public sentiment towards Rain, in light of the on and off news of him that keep reminding the public of his contact with KTH and confinement in January plus him and his PR colleagues. If it is bad and if the media doggedly pursue their current style of negative reporting on or about him, then to my mind, Rain should produce an album first, followed by tours to promote his album and while on promotion, he could bond with his international fans. In between his tours, an international Hollywood/China/Hong Kong made film would be good. With all the mind boggling nonsense flak that he is getting at home, he should not waste his time and energy to do any dramas or movies at home for sometime, unless it is something that the public is dying for. Getting invited to talk shows, intermittently, is not a bad idea, just to keep a presence, like 'we see him there but gone another day, but oh, we begin to miss him after a while kind of thing'. Otherwise, steer clear of SK for a while. Reestablish his presence on the international scene and get himself indispensable through international successes and let the media at home salivate for his presence. That's my view of things right now, being not a biased fan of Rain.  ;):D  

General (a.k.a Jangguny/Baekgu)
and Haemi

Haemi is excited. She is waiting for General.

lnhq.jpg

General is excited too. He can't wait to see Haemi.

2fp1.jpg

Haemi and General, say Rain/Tae Hee to the camera!

P/S: Wherever General is, there is always the Starbuck pink tumbler next to him  

0spw.jpg

Cr photos : Owners

Nancyzak said:

Annyeong everyone!

@anjjo,

Frankly, I am getting really tired of reading all the recent reports of the PR agents with the repetitious statement of Rain and his confinement due to contact with KTH. I'm dumbfounded by this "delight" in reminding the public of the incident over and over again, with Rain's picture used for some of the news. Some of the media just can't seem to let go and move on with something constructive. The 3 witches in Hamlet suddently pop up in my mind while I'm typing this.   >:):D    

There is so much more to one's life than bowing to the pressures out there. I am reminded of how he said that after his filming stint in USA a few years back that he was so depressed out of loneliness that he wished the plane in which he was traveling in just crash, but he thought to himself, since he is not married yet, he cast the depressive thoughts away. Just show how ultimately strong and sane he is. Like you said at KTH's thread, he has KTH now and she is there to console, care and love him in times like this. On top of that, he has his loyal fans standing behind him. He should be able to quickly get by.

Annyeong everyone

@willenette,I do not know what is the current public sentiment towards Rain, in light of

the on and off news of him that keep reminding the public of his contact with KTH and confinement in January plus him and his PR colleagues.

If it is bad and if the media doggedly pursue their current style of negative

reporting on or about him, then to my mind, Rain should produce an album first,

followed by tours to promote his album and while on promotion, he could bond

with his international fans. In between his tours, an

international Hollywood/China/Hong Kong made film would be good. With all the

mind boggling nonsense flak that he is getting at home, he should not waste his

time and energy to do any dramas or movies at home for sometime, unless it is something that the public is dying for. Getting invited

to talk shows, intermittently, is not a bad idea, just to keep a presence, like

'we see him there but gone another day, but oh, we begin to miss him after a while

kind of thing'. Otherwise, steer clear of SK for a while. Reestablish his

presence on the international scene and get himself indispensable through

international successes and let the media at home salivate for his presence. That's my view of things right now, being not a biased fan of Rain.  ;):D  

Hi nancyzac, really nice to see u :) I couldn't more agree with your view.. yess, I think Rain should produce an album first, followed by world tours to promote his new album. Now, with his popularity in media (even its good or bad), a lot of people are curios about his new project n its good for his promotion. I mean for simple example..just put his new mv at you tube n ..boom.. there a ton viewers will access it only in a fiew minutes (even the haters n antis will access it for write a bad review.. but its ok..hater will always be hater right). But before he produce a new album, he should make sure of his new concept..he should make his comeback is DIFFERENCE..DAEBAK..the BEST..something that its WORTH to be waited...something that it will be a NEW TRENDSETTER.. but I guess its easy for him..he is RAIN.. master of concept ;)

And yeah with his World tours n promotion he could bond with his international fans. N I hope he can continue his acting n music career in hollywood n making movies for reestablish his presence on the international scene n also for gaining more international fans. I hope the news of he has signing contract with Jay Z's RocNation is true, it will be a great help for Rain to pursue his music n acting career in hollywood. I love your idea that with all the public stupid nonsense flak that he is getting at home, he should not waste his time to make dramas or movies at home..if he had a greater chance on the international screen why he should do dramas at home n mocking by journalist n haters? He can do it later until he get himself an indispensable through international successes n he will be the most wanted actor that every producer want him to be lead actor for their dramas or movies. he will get his crown back... he has a ton of supports and love now from his fans, family, friends n of course from his lovely Kim Tae Hee..i believe he become a stronger n wiser person who can passing any problems...just wait n see...

\:D/

Annyeong everyone

@willenette,I do not know what is the current public sentiment towards Rain, in light of

the on and off news of him that keep reminding the public of his contact with KTH and confinement in January plus him and his PR colleagues.

If it is bad and if the media doggedly pursue their current style of negative

reporting on or about him, then to my mind, Rain should produce an album first,

followed by tours to promote his album and while on promotion, he could bond

with his international fans. In between his tours, an

international Hollywood/China/Hong Kong made film would be good. With all the

mind boggling nonsense flak that he is getting at home, he should not waste his

time and energy to do any dramas or movies at home for sometime, unless it is something that the public is dying for. Getting invited

to talk shows, intermittently, is not a bad idea, just to keep a presence, like

'we see him there but gone another day, but oh, we begin to miss him after a while

kind of thing'. Otherwise, steer clear of SK for a while. Reestablish his

presence on the international scene and get himself indispensable through

international successes and let the media at home salivate for his presence. That's my view of things right now, being not a biased fan of Rain.  ;):D  

Hi nancyzac, really nice to see u :) I couldn't more agree with your view.. yess, I think Rain should produce an album first, followed by world tours to promote his new album. Now, with his popularity in media (even its good or bad), a lot of people are curios about his new project n its good for his promotion. I mean for simple example..just put his new mv at you tube n ..boom.. there a ton viewers will access it only in a fiew minutes (even the haters n antis will access it for write a bad review.. but its ok..hater will always be hater right). But before he produce a new album, he should make sure of his new concept..he should make his comeback is DIFFERENCE..DAEBAK..the BEST..something that its WORTH to be waited...something that it will be a NEW TRENDSETTER.. but I guess its easy for him..he is RAIN.. master of concept ;)

And yeah with his World tours n promotion he could bond with his international fans. N I hope he can continue his acting n music career in hollywood n making movies for reestablish his presence on the international scene n also for gaining more international fans. I hope the news of he has signing contract with Jay Z's RocNation is true, it will be a great help for Rain to pursue his music n acting career in hollywood. I love your idea that with all the public stupid nonsense flak that he is getting at home, he should not waste his time to make dramas or movies at home..if he had a greater chance on the international screen why he should do dramas at home n mocking by journalist n haters? He can do it later until he get himself an indispensable through international successes n he will be the most wanted actor that every producer want him to be lead actor for their dramas or movies. he will get his crown back... he has a ton of supports and love now from his fans, family, friends n of course from his lovely Kim Tae Hee..i believe he become a stronger n wiser person who can passing any problems...just wait n see...

Guest merycote

anjjo said:....

[Vid]13-07-26 Rain SONIC BANG video message

Posted by memo-rain

source : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151814585424874

[Vid]13-07-26 Rain SONIC BANG video message from ratoka on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/ratoka/videos

"RAIN" in SONIC BANG!-24 August 2013

Return of the K-Pop King - Rain to play SONIC BANG!

Rain is ready to bring all his hit songs including It’s Raining, I’m Coming, Hip Song, Busan Girl, Love Song and Rainism to rock the SONIC BANG stage with his super sexy dance moves.
Meet Rain and other international artists in the Singha Corporation Presents SONIC BANG, the Ultimate International Music Festival Experience at Impact Muang Thong Thani on 24 August. Tickets are available at all ThaiTicketMajor outlets. For more information and updates, please call 02-262-3838 or log on to www.thaiticketmajor.com, www.sonicbang.net and www.facebook.com/SonicBang.Bectero.

@anjjo,

I suppose there'll always be fans coming and going, more so when famous artists like Rain gets into the two years MS and into a relationship. Hopefully those fans who became antis or haters will overcome their emotions as time goes by. I think KTH was not spared too, when it comes to her fans. One of the factors that was speculated to contribute to the low rating of her recent JOJLIL was her relationship with Rain and how some of her domestic fans abandoned her because of their disapproval. It's sad but I suppose this is the time of adjustment to their respective fans. Those who are loyal and faithful will find no threat at all, those who love the couple will ship them and those who cannot accept the relationship will just abandon their idols. There are also new fans that come along, like, yours truly here!  :-bd ;;) :x  

When he launches his major comeback later on. I'm sure those fans of his who realise how great a person and performer he is will return and there'll be new ones who get caught on with his second wave will hop into the ship.

Sonic Bang is such a mega concert with famous and interesting performers lining up to perform. Rain ranks high in the list.  :-bd =D>     I've enjoyed listening to some songs by The Pet Shop Boy, Jason Mraz and Far East Movement.

Thank you for your compliment to my latest artworks. The pet dogs are so cute that I have make to them stars of their own. Their master/mistress already enjoyed so many round of stardom. High time to share their pet dogs in the "limelight".   :D

@mayabi25,

Nice meeting you too! I'm very pleased that you have the same mind as I do on what I've posted. You are right. The haters will always be haters. It makes no sense to grovel or bow at them. Life is too precious to be dictated by the sentiment of the antis, bashers and haters. Rain has the support of his loyal fans, family, KTH and friends. He has gone through the military training. He should be mentally and physically all ready to reclaim his crown and conquer the world!  :-bd =D>    In fact, he looks physically so good and hot in his latest video! I bet there will be many going weak in knees seeing the new Rain!    ;))   

@Nancyzak, I presumed we belong to the same breed of fans, treasures to our respective biases, as I've mentioned already that Rain had been my sole favorite since I watched him in Full House.  My support and love for him never wavered through thick and thin.  I don't want to be judgmental but can't help but shake my head when other fans abandoned him specially at the times that he needs them.  ;;)

Did you remember that Rain won hands down in the recent poll that fans voted for him as the celebrity that they're most sad to be off the market?   Funny isn't it that some fans, in my observation are still refusing to accept that he is already taken?  They can't let go. :))   Rain is already in his 30s, matured and ready for a permanent relationship.  Go figure, they don't like Rain for being talented and a best performer, but for some motives which are pure selfishness.  I just can't express my joy when news that he was dating  KTH was known.   Finally, a perfect match!.  I  believe that the consequences that followed such revelation are part of Rain's life trials that will be weathered soon in the near future.   For us who are supporting the couple, what matters most is their happiness. :x :)>-

I value your positive prediction about Rain's comeback.   More huge projects for him.  :)>-

My appreciation for your latest images, hopefully. . . . . . . new CFs are now in his list of new activities.

-------------------------------------------

PIC]13-07-27 Rain @ 韓流新発見 Japan magazine

Posted by memo-rain on July 28, 2013

01.jpg?width=750 02.jpg?width=750 03.jpg?width=750 010.jpg source : sizuku219 source : http://rain2banhada.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1360.html

@anjjo,

I suppose some fans of Rain have not overcome their shock of the revelation of his relationship with KTH. I read in the tweet sometime ago how one said that her sister, a hardcore fan of Rain, was still in shock after a few months and wanted to seek refund of the tickets fees paid. Another one said that he is an escaped felon from his fans' hearts for he had hooked up with KTH. Awwww, the many things said. I guess, it is not surprising to see the result of the poll. I, on the other hand, very pleased that he is still very much valued and loved! His result was double the one after him. A very big gap indeed!

If Rain has achieved a lot of firsts before his MS and captured KTH, the ultimate of the ultimate, as one article puts it, I do not see why he could not do something big again, if he puts his mind to it. He is a positive, strong and ambitious man. He has dreams and that is powerful. A lot of great men have build empire, fame or wealth by pursuing their dreams. The possibilities are all there. Let us all wait and see and pray for him and KTH!    :x :-bd

I cannot agree with you more that he and KTH are a perfect match. As a couple, they ooze so much of sexiness and hotness too. I hope, at least, Coupang gets him and KTH for another CF of theirs, a continuation of the characters' story.....  :x ;):D

Thank you for appreciating the latest photo effects of Rain!  :)>- :D

Hi nancyzak....

Its funny sometimes that some fans leaving their idol just because they cannot accept their idol is not available anymore. I found my self smiling when I read your post that a hardcore of Rain wanted to seek refund of the tickets fees paid because she was shocked by Rain's relationship with KTH :D I can't blame them for it but sometimes I just feel so weird.. I..in the other hand couldn't be happier to see my bias finally get someone who he had been waiting for. We know to became an idol they have to be perfect..like someone who unattainable..beyond of imagination..so that's why their fans adore them, because they are not likr an ordinary people. But it is just on stage n on screen. when they back to their own life, they are just an ordinary person who need a normal life. I can't imagine their life, for some reasons they have to sacrified their life and their own happiness. In their hectic schedule sometimes they cannot eat well or sleep well, they keep going on even when they feel tired or sick. I've watched an old video when Rain had been interviewed in Thailand, he looks unwell n sick during interview n he also sneezing and coughing in that video..i can see his dedication to his work even when he is not in the good condition (that's make me more respect to him). Sometimes fans are just can't realize that their idol have sacrified manythings in order to make their fans happy. They always put their happy face on stage but we don't know what they feel inside... out of stage they are just like us..having family, friends, pets and also love life. They need it to make their life to keep in balance. I hope both Rain n KTH enjoying their love life... love is in the air for them now :x :\">