Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

merycote said:
well... I'm regular viewer of this thread, since I opened my account in 2007 XDD I wrote some things here through these years...about 3 or 4 times hahaha... I'm so sorry...I don't want to be a lurker ... but it's because my english is not good, and is soooo difficult to express myself properly 
But I'm huge fan of Rain and I really apreciate all your hardwork in this thread... you and @anjjo are great, thanks!! 

About JR.. I just wondered if he is a producer or just a singer? hahaha it doesn't matter so much, I'm sorry~~

Annyeong everyone!

I'm making up for the "lost" fanart (I hope it sticks this time) and adding 4 more. The first is the "lost" one. The second, is just something I did just now, also on Rain. The little girl, though is only showing her back, is too cute for me to pass. The last 3 were just posted in KTH thread -- the couple, same look & style in 3 different backgrounds. Enjoy!   ;)) :D

taat.jpg

gvh4.jpg

6sjn.jpg

dl2k.jpg

xljs.jpg

Cr photos : Owners

Nancyzak said:

Annyeong everyone!

I'm making up for the "lost" fanart (I hope it sticks this time) and adding 4 more. The first is the "lost" one. The second, is just something I did just now, also on Rain. The little girl, though is only showing her back, is too cute for me to pass. The last 3 were just posted in KTH thread -- the couple, same look & style in 3 different backgrounds. Enjoy!   ;)) :D

Nancyzak said:

Annyeong everyone!

July 18, 2013

Military scraps 'entertainment soldier' system

The defense ministry said Thursday it will abolish a controversial unit composed of conscripted celebrity soldiers as criticism grew over special treatment and their commitment to military service under a lax system.

The so-called "entertainment soldiers" serve in the Defense Media Agency (DMA), a unit that has provided programming for TV and radio broadcasts to promote a positive image of the military since 1997.

All able-bodied South Korean men serve about two years in the armed forces as the country is technically still at war with North Korea.

The special service system has been bombarded with public criticism after several celebrity soldiers were caught on video in late June while drinking and entering massage parlors after performing in a provincial concert hosted by the ministry.

The ministry conducted a special audit following the incident and on Thursday announced disciplinary actions for the soldiers as well as their seniors.

"We feel a grave responsibility for the lax management of the Defense Media Agency and decided to scrap it in light of the audit results," the ministry said in a release.

Eight soldiers will face disciplinary actions for violating the code of conduct, while three of them who used cell phones -- which are banned for soldiers -- will receive a heavy punishment, the ministry said. 

Five officials at the agency were disciplined, and six others received warnings, it noted.

A total of 15 soldiers under the DMA will be relocated to other Army units.

For military TV and radio programs and events, the ministry will recruit civilian professionals or select talented soldiers if necessary in the future, it said.

The military's alleged special treatment of celebrities has frequently been the subject of criticism as several celebrities serving military duty were seen as enjoying more freedom than ordinary soldiers.

Earlier this year, K-pop star Rain was in trouble when he was caught on camera while on a date with a top actress during his service and faced disciplinary action.

The military service is a highly sensitive issue in South Korea where political candidates lose elections because they or their sons have not served in the military. Some celebrities and athletes have been arrested and forced into near exile after getting caught evading the draft. (Yonhap News)

credit : Korea Herald

anjjo said: Hi willenette, here's more info about Tae Wan -

class="title"Tweets (& Tumblrs) abound: Kim TaeWan’s management shares a glimpse of him and 비.

by Stephe@Cloud USA on July 16, 2013.

And what a nice glimpse it is.

Kim TaeWan (a.k.a. C-Luv), a well known singer/songwriter/composer signed under D-Business Entertainment, and Rain have not only been friends but successful collaborators as well, for quite a while. Back in 2010, Rain sang the nuptial song at TaeWan’s February wedding and made the newlyweds kiss over and over again to “I Do”, haha. Rain and TaeWan have also worked together on a vast array of songs, among them “Rainism” and Back To The Basic‘s “Same” (“C-Luv, baby. No no no no no no. Mm… hmm, my baby girl…” Yeah, he’s that C-Luv.) During the last few weeks of his stint on military radio show Speeding Instinct, Rain had a segment where C-Luv talked about Pop music.

This seems to be an older picture, seeing as Rain’s hair has not fallen down under his ear for some years. It’s probably a “look what I found in my stuff the other day” pic, like the ones Rain used to tweet. :)   ^@@^

(Source credit: official D-Business Entertainment @Twitter, @Tumblr, 7/15/2013.)

[18-Jul-2013][Nocut]Now Rain is the final entertainment soldier of the Defense Media Agency.

last.jpg

After Rain's discharge, it is quickly decided in the military that the entertainment soldier system will be abolished.

16 years after a system of entertainment soldier was instituted, the Defense Ministry has decided that they will abolish the system, and therefore now Rain is the final entertainment soldier of the Defense Media Agency, part of the Defense Ministry.

Ironically Rain has played no small part in their decision. The immediate cause of its decision is the exposure of the fact that some entertainment soldiers have violated military rules. Following the crisis, the Defense Ministry has promised to abolish the system.

The Defense Ministry's improper maintenance and entertainment soldiers breaking the rules were shown on a current affairs TV show only six months after its announcement of detailed administrative guidelines for the system since a controversy over Rain's violations of military rules in the process of dating actress 'Kim Tae-Hee', which infuriated the public. Finally, the system has been driven into abolition.

At last, Rain, who played no small part in the process of abolishing the entertainment soldier system, has been the final entertainment soldier to receive an honourable discharge from the army.

Korea which is very sensitive to the issues of the military. To restore his tarnished image, it seems to be urgent for Rain to be poised to make a significant breakthrough to another level.

Credit to Nocut news http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=079&aid=0002492370

English translation by 화니

South Korean Army dissolves Celebrity Recruit Program

13155-r3h0og3go8.jpg

Constant scandals involving celebrity recruits and their special promotional division within the South Korean military has caused the Ministry of Defense to get rid of the division.

The Ministry of Defense held a press conference on July 17 to announce the policy change. The military had been investigating the promotional department for the past two weeks and the role it played.

"The promotional department was established to promote the military and raise the morale of the troops, but due to unpleasant issues that have occurred, the military's image has been tarnished," a military spokesperson stated.

The celebrity recruit program, which was meant to boost soldiers' morale, has hurt it instead, the spokesperson said.

Celebrity soldiers and the treatment they've received by the military has been a hot topic for South Koreans for years. Scrutiny has increased in recent years due to a string of high-profile scandals, such as Rain's abuse of power and, most recently, SE7EN and Sangchu's visit to an adult massage parlor.

"The public's faith is important, but due to various problems with the [promotional department], we have only lost it instead of promoting the military," the spokesperson said.

There are currently 15 celebrity soldiers in the military. Eight of them will be receiving punishment for their behavior and actions. The names of those being punished were not released.

Three of celebrity soldiers who have three months left in the military will reassigned to an active duty unit and will be treated like an ordinary soldier. The others will be reassigned on August 1st.

The celebrity recruit program was established in 1997. Celebrity soldiers regularly received special treatment and generally had an easier time compared to regular soldiers.

"We are sorry for causing citizens distress because of celebrity soldiers' activities. We realize we must take responsibility for not adequately managing them," the spokesperson said.

as written by: Aysohmay@JPA

source : gokpop

Guest merycote

@willenette But I don't think this JR is that JR XDD...
@anjjo thank you thank you, you are so nice :D I will try to come here and post frequently
@Nancyzak, thanks for your nice fanarts :) you have talent~
About "the entertainment soldier system" that will be abolished... I'm so sad and disappointed...I just don't want him being remembered as the last entertainement soldier or the one who abolished the system...
I'm checking out netizenbuzz (yeah... maybe I'm a masochist)
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/07/ministry-abolishes-celebrity-soldiers.html
it's hurts :(

merycote said: @willenette But I don't think this JR is that JR XDD...
@anjjo thank you thank you, you are so nice :D I will try to come here and post frequently
About "the entertainment soldier system" that will be abolished... I'm so sad and disappointed...I just don't want him being remembered as the last entertainement soldier or the one who abolished the system...
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/07/ministry-abolishes-celebrity-soldiers.html

@anjjo, @willenette and @merycote,

Thank you! Yeah, yipppeeee! I got all of them posted and they remain intact, thus far! @cocomhe outdid me, by sprinting way forward and sealing the deal for the couple already, ke, ke, ke.... Let us keep our fingers and toes crossed and pray hard!

Actually I did not do much on the artworks, especially those of Rain's. The process is really easy and I always thank our dear @cocomhe for showing me the way. The artworks sites have all ready made settings and they are fixed. One just need to choose a picture and fit in the allocated slot of the chosen setting. Then download when processed and post.

About the abolishment of the entertainment soldiers, I feel really sad for the celebrity soldiers who are still in service. This may not be a popular view, but I see the political sense in the abolishment. It will prevent more spying and uproar by the public. It is not only bad for the military but the celebrities too. In a sense, with the abolishment, the reputation of the celebrities will remain intact before and after enlistment, unless they get themselves entangle in some kind of problem of their own doing. The celebrity issue has been there since many years ago, just that there seems to be focus on Rain when he was enlisted. There seems to be a target on him. Thank God, he is out of MS. I believe, Rain being an ambitious and hardworking person that he is, will rise above all the bad things that are thrown at him and prosper and achieve bigger success in his future undertakings. Best of luck to Rain!  :-bd

@Nancyzak ooooh i am so sorry...did i pre-empt your "project"....actually i decided to use Will & Kate as the models because they are always in the news awaiting their first born, so i thought maybe it's a good theme to use...sorry friend, please forgive me  :-SS [-O< :)>- i am sure you have lots of stuff to share  :-*

cocomhe said: @Nancyzak ooooh i am so sorry...did i pre-empt your "project"....actually i decided to use Will & Kate as the models because they are always in the news awaiting their first born, so i thought maybe it's a good theme to use...sorry friend, please forgive me  :-SS [-O< :)>- i am sure you have lots of stuff to share  :-*

merycote said: @willenette But I don't think this JR is that JR XDD...
@Nancyzak, thanks for your nice fanarts :) you have talent~

***RAIN being mentioned ----

class="news_title"Korean celebrity soldiers to serve with regular troops from August 1

class="news_brief" The South Korean Ministry of National Defense has decided to dissolve the military's publicity unit, the Defense Media Agency. Celebrities who enlist will serve alongside regular troops instead of as 'entertainment soldiers' from now on.

rain-finishes-military.jpg
South Korean pop icon Rain gives a military salute after his discharge from mandatory military service outside the Defence Ministry in Seoul. (AFP/YONHAP)

SEOUL: South Korea’s Ministry of National Defense (MND) announced Thursday at a media conference that it will dissolve the Defense Media Agency (DMA), where celebrities are often assigned to serve as ‘entertainment soldiers’, after they enlist for their compulsory stint in the military, reported Korean media.

The DMA was formed in 1997 to raise the morale of the troops and project a positive image of the military through television and radio programming, as well as concerts and other promotional activities.

However, the MND said it has decided to will take responsibility for the “lax management” of the DMA and dissolve the agency, as the DMA has not achieved that goal but has tarnished the image of the military instead.

The MND added that the 15 celebrity soldiers currently serving as 'entertainment soldiers' in the military will be reassigned to other units from August 1.

Of the 15, eight are now facing disciplinary action for flouting military regulations.

This announcement comes in the wake of a string of incidents involving high-profile celebrity soldiers like K-pop stars Rain and Se7en.

Rain, who has since completed his stint in the military, was confined to barracks for a week in January, for sneaking out to go on a date with his actress girlfriend Kim Tae Hee while still on duty.

More recently, Se7en as well as a number of other celebrity soldiers were also caught behaving inappropriately after an external performance in late June.

Both cases have sparked public outrage and intense debate over the behavior of celebrity soldiers, along with why they get to enjoy certain privileges normal enlistees do not.

- CNA/ha