Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

***Watching the videos, & if this is really the PR Dept. & those image I viewed were really celebrities since they came on blurry - this suddenly makes me think what RAIN and Se7en are doing right now – hahaha. Well, I think the bigger surprise is that these conducts exist. About the women part, everything was pretty believable. But, damn, leave these guys alone! WTH!:))

The reality behind celebrity recruits shock and disgust 'On-Site 21' viewers

Se7en-sangchu_1372779464_af_org.jpg

After last week's report of Se7en and Sangchu visiting a 'Happy Ending' massage parlor while still on duty, SBS' 'On-Site 21' aired the 2nd part of their investigation into celebrity recruits.

What aired on the July 2 episode shocked and disgusted many viewers. The episode showed celebrity recruits using their cellphones freely and wearing civilian clothing while they were on duty. Not just that, they left their motel to drink and eat until 2 A.M., and then headed to the nearest convenience store to purchase even more alcohol.

The celebrity recruits also didn't address each other using military formalities but rather by name and hyung, even if the younger one was the superior. They were even caught joking, "You're like a civilian. They'll recognize you if you go outside." A military personnel revealed, "They wear personal sleeveless shirts and wear their military pants and just stroll around. They sometimes wear their personal military-looking clothes (not the ones issued by the army), wear bags, and even wear beanies."

That wasn't all, as a former Defense Media Agency employee revealed, "The gym in the Defense Media Agency is only for celebrity recruits. They have widescreen TVs, PlayStation gaming consoles, snacks, and clothes they can wear whenever they want. They tell the workers who are actually working on media PR to get off the computer so they can go browse the internet. They can't be stopped." He added, "There are even reports that celebrity recruits get company cards. There was a time when they rode a taxi, but didn't have a receipt. I told the responsible person to come forward and said, 'The money isn't the problem. You'll get an inspection, so bring the receipt right now.' Asking them 'When did you get in the taxi' is admitting that we didn't know when they came back. They also take days off like they're children asking to leave school. They say things like, 'I have a sty in my eye, so I'll be back at 6 P.M.', and 'I'm going to go cut my hair at a hair salon. I have to maintain my style'."

SEE ALSO: [bREAKING] Shocking footage of Se7en and other top celebrity soldiers visiting 'Happy Ending' massage parlors

That wasn't the end - it's not just the celebrity recruits that are the problem, but there seems to be problems within the Defense Media Agency itself. One of the women who used to work at the agency confessed, "They'd grope our butts as a greeting, and then make us take love shots with people we've never met before. They treated us like hostesses at a bar. Once, one of them told me to sit next to him, so I did. He then put a piece of meat in his mouth, took it out and told me to eat it. He said it was a test of love. Even when we didn't have concerts, we'd be told to all gather near their house and drink. We had to match their moods, and then even take care of the bill. But it was a situation where if we complained, we'd get fired. Who'd take it up to them?".

Of course, these accusations were denied adamantly by the Defense Media Agency.

The reports disgusted and enraged viewers, who couldn't believe that the celebrity recruits were getting such extensive special treatment. Many cried out for the celebrity recruits to be dissolved, and some demanded certain celebrities be required to serve another full term.

Source: Newsen, TV Report, Sports Chosun via Nate, SBS E! via Nate, TV Daily via Nate / allkpop

[03-Jul-2013][sBS]Drinking party and cell phone are considered rudimentary? Entertainment soldiers like 'civilians'.

SBS TV's 'the Site21', one of current affairs TV shows, did a succeeding in-depth report on the actual situation of military service of entertainment soldiers who have caused a huge stir since they were accused of violating military rules by the TV program.

(Reporter)

Entertainment soldiers reserved rooms in a downtown motel after their performance at a Consolatory Train concert in Daegu city last month. One after another, the soldiers in casual clothes appeared around midnight and turned on their cell phones and kept calling some people. And then, they moved to a bar, and their drinking party didn't finish until about 2:00 am. After the party, they bought alcohol from a convenience store near the bar and went back to the motel.

They look free even on the day when they don't perform.

[Entertainment solider A : Hello, hyung]

They have a joke with each other

[Entertainment solider B : You really look like a civilian. Anybody could recognize you as entertainer 000 with one bound outside the military]

The National Assembly Defense Committee held a special subcommittee to improve the operation of the national defense and piled in the entertainment soldiers who serve as if they were civil entertainments rather than soldiers, pointing out that the Defense Ministry's gross mismanagement has left the entertainment soldier system desperately in need of restructuring or abolishing.

Following, the committee expressed that they would make improvements or would decide to abolish the entertainment soldier system after watching for the result of a special inspection by the Defense Ministry.

Credit to SBS :

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=055&aid=0000255977

English translation by 화니.

Novelist Lee Oi Soo is Suspicious of What Celebrity Scandals Are Trying to Hide

With the ongoing explosion of celebrity scandals and events, renowned and well-respected novelist, Lee Oi Soo, is raising an eyebrow.

On July 3, top stars, Won Bin and Lee Na Young confirmed their relationship, while Lee Hyori and Lee Sang Soon announced their marriage.

96552133.jpg

While people were either weeping or celebrating, Lee Oi Ssoo tweeted, “These days, whenever celebrity scandals break out, I wonder what’s getting covered up this time. Whenever the corruption of high ranking officials becomes an issue, a celebrity scandal breaks out at the same time. It seems like such an obvious method that I no longer believe it.”

Lee Oi Soo’s tweet received a wide range of opinions, some agreeing with the writer, while others stated that not everything is connected to politics.

Photo Credit: Lee Oi Soo’s Twitter / enewsworld

Rain mentioned -

Kim Tae Hee assures fans that she will not be joining the wedding parade anytime soon

July 3, 2013

Kim-Tae-Hee_1372830119_af_org.jpg

With all of the wedding announcements going around lately, actress Kim Tae Hee (33) assured fans that she won't be getting married anytime soon.

During an interview with Star News, Kim Tae Hee was informed about Won Bin and Lee Na Young's relationship and was then asked about her own wedding plans. The actress replied, "I still need to mature a lot. My mother made a lot of sacrifices for her children and was devoted to us, so I also want to be like that for my children. But I am not ready yet. The moment I get married, I should be able to both receive and give, but it is not easy. I don't think marriage is a way to pursue a stable life or a decision one can easily make just make just because they're in love."

Kim Tae Hee kicked off 2013 with the news of her relationship with singer Rain, but it seems we'll have to wait a while until the two possibly take their relationship to the next level.

Source:allkpop

anjjo said:

Rain mentioned -

Kim Tae Hee assures fans that she will not be joining the wedding parade anytime soon

July 3, 2013

With all of the wedding announcements going around lately, actress Kim Tae Hee (33) assured fans that she won't be getting married anytime soon.

During an interview with Star News, Kim Tae Hee was informed about Won Bin and Lee Na Young's relationship and was then asked about her own wedding plans. The actress replied, "I still need to mature a lot. My mother made a lot of sacrifices for her children and was devoted to us, so I also want to be like that for my children. But I am not ready yet. The moment I get married, I should be able to both receive and give, but it is not easy. I don't think marriage is a way to pursue a stable life or a decision one can easily make just make just because they're in love."

Kim Tae Hee kicked off 2013 with the news of her relationship with singer Rain, but it seems we'll have to wait a while until the two possibly take their relationship to the next level.

Source:allkpop

anjjo said:

[01-Jul-2013]Rain expresses his willingness to give up a vacation granted to sergeants with little time left in the army. He is due to leave the army on the 10th.

by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

(Revised) : Multiple authorities and military officials told Star News on the 1st,

According to multiple authorities and military officials told Star News on the 1st, singer Rain who is currently serving as a public information services support soldier in the Defense Media Agency, has willingly given up a third vacation which is available to each of sergeants with little time left in the army. This shows that Rain expresses his determined will to be faithful to his duties during his military service.

While suspicions have risen about a recent case believed attributable to slack military discipline, Rain's move could raise suspicions that he may settle a controversy. But apart from the situation, Rain has been planning to give up his vacation of 9 nights of his own accord, according to his closest advisers.

It has been said that Rain has taken time for self-examination since he caused controversy due to the excessive outing for dating his lover 'Kim Tae-Hee' last January.

Military officials said, "Vacations granted to the relevant soldiers who have recently violated military rules, have temporarily come to a stop during the inspection period, but Rain can take the rest of his regular vacation because he is about to leave the army. However, he has willingly given up his vacation and decide to be inspected by the Defense Ministry."

Another military official added, "Sergeant 'Jung Ji-Hoon' is very careful in everything not to cause trouble because the discharge date is not far off." and "Jung will not be directly affected by a controversy surrounding the current situation of entertainment soldiers' military service because he gets out of the army on the 10th."

Credit to Star News http://news.naver.com/main/ranking/read.nhn?mid=etc&sid1=111&rankingType=popular_day&oid=108&aid=0002230080&date=20130701&type=1&rankingSeq=2&rankingSectionId=106

English translation by 화니

Rain to be Discharged from the Military as Scheduled on July 10

Rain_1372911681_af_org.jpg

In the midst of the investigation on celebrity soldiers, it has been revealed that Rain will be discharged as planned on July 10.

A Ministry of Defense rep stated, "Sergeant Jung is currently being reviewed as having committed no problematic acts that specific day. Sergeant Jung will be discharged as planned on the 10th."

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Defense's investigation on the celebrity recruits, which was supposed to be completed on July 5, will take longer than expected with no new specified date as of yet.

So it seems we'll be seeing more of Rain, who recently signed with Cube Entertainment for his upcoming music activities, soon enough with his upcoming discharge taking place next week.

Source: AllKPop + Yonhap News

ebulli3nt said:

Rain to be Discharged from the Military as Scheduled on July 10

In the midst of the investigation on celebrity soldiers, it has been revealed that 

Rain will be discharged as planned on July 10.

A Ministry of Defense rep stated, "Sergeant Jung is currently being reviewed as having committed no problematic acts that specific day. Sergeant Jung will be discharged as planned on the 10th."

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Defense's investigation on the celebrity recruits, which was supposed to be completed on July 5, will take longer than expected with no new specified date as of yet.

So it seems we'll be seeing more of Rain, who recently signed with Cube Entertainment for his upcoming music activities, soon enough with his upcoming discharge taking place next week.

Source: AllKPop + Yonhap News

anjjo said: Hi willenette,  let's welcome this news with a sigh of relief.   :)>-   Hopefully and with our prayers, everything is okay with many fans attending this event. 

Information on the day of Rain's discharge

by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

-A message from the Cloud executive board to overseas fans-

As you know, Rain will be discharged from military service on July 10th as scheduled.

He'll go out at the west door of the Defense Ministry building at 8:30am on the day.

If there are only a few fans in the place where there are zillions of reporters on the day, this will be harder on him.

Hope that there are many of you who will participate in the scene of his discharge.

credit:as tagged.

[04-Jul-2013][Yonhap]Rain to leave the army on the 10th as scheduled. The inspection of entertainment soldiers is extended.

The Defense Ministry judges Rain that he had no problem of his whereabouts on that day when entertainment soldiers were embroiled in controversy.

On the 4th, the Defense Ministry decided to prolong the special inspection of the operation status of entertainment soldiers by another week.

Defense Department Spokesman 'Wui Yong-Seop' (army colonel) said at a regular briefing today, "There is more yet to be confirmed, and therefore we have decided to extend the inspection because we'll have to make sure that the soldiers and working-level officials of the Defense Media Agency have done their jobs right.

Continuing, "We've been investigating the allegations that the persons in charge have been entertained regarding the business affairs of military broadcasting 'Consolatory Train' run by the Defense Media Agency." and "When the results of the inspection are in, the relevant soldiers will strictly be disciplined in accordance with law.

Since the testimony of the relevant soldiers who held a drinking party and who visited a massage parlor and that of witnesses are not consistent, the special inspection team is known to have done lot of legwork in an effort to find an eyewitness regarding the soldiers' whereabouts last 21st when the incident occurred.

In particular, it is known that Rain went back to the lodge after he arrived at the place and checked in, went to his room, unpacked, had dinner when a local concert featuring those soldiers including him ended after 9:00pm at that time.

An official from the Defense Ministry said, "We judges Rain that he had no problem of his whereabouts on that day. He'll leave the army on the 10th as scheduled."

It has been known that serious problems have surfaced as a result of the inspection of the status of the management and operation of the service support troop.

The Defense Ministry say that when they find there is a severe problem with the service support troop, the entertainment soldier system could be abolished.

Credit to Yonhap News : http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&aid=0006352830&mid=shm&oid=001&sid1=106&nh=20130704115837

Rain to Be Discharged from the Army as Planned

Despite current investigations on PR agents, Rain will be discharged from the army as planned.

On July 4, the Ministry of National Defense stated that Rain will be discharged on July 10 as originally scheduled.

39537254.jpg

“The special investigation on the operation system of Defense Media Agency will continue into next week as there are still many things to confirm,” stated the Ministry of National Defense.

“We’ve come to the conclusion that Sergeant Jung (Rain) was not in the wrong for his actions on the day of the incident. He will be relieved of his duties on July 10.”

The Ministry of National Defense started a hardcore crackdown on PR agents after SBS’ In Depth 21revealed PR agents freely roaming around in casual wear and drinking alcohol after performing at an army concert. Se7en and Mighty Mouth’s Sangchoo were also caught entering massage parlors.

Rain, who was present at the concert event, was seen heading back to the motel after eating dinner with his colleagues.

Photo Credit: DEMA

Source:enewsWorld

willenette said:

[04-Jul-2013][Yonhap]Rain to leave the army on the 10th as scheduled. The inspection of entertainment soldiers is extended.

The Defense Ministry judges Rain that he had no problem of his whereabouts on that day when entertainment soldiers were embroiled in controversy.

On the 4th, the Defense Ministry decided to prolong the special inspection of the operation status of entertainment soldiers by another week.

Defense Department Spokesman 'Wui Yong-Seop' (army colonel) said at a regular briefing today, "There is more yet to be confirmed, and therefore we have decided to extend the inspection because we'll have to make sure that the soldiers and working-level officials of the Defense Media Agency have done their jobs right.

Continuing, "We've been investigating the allegations that the persons in charge have been entertained regarding the business affairs of military broadcasting 'Consolatory Train' run by the Defense Media Agency." and "When the results of the inspection are in, the relevant soldiers will strictly be disciplined in accordance with law.

Since the testimony of the relevant soldiers who held a drinking party and who visited a massage parlor and that of witnesses are not consistent, the special inspection team is known to have done lot of legwork in an effort to find an eyewitness regarding the soldiers' whereabouts last 21st when the incident occurred.

In particular, it is known that Rain went back to the lodge after he arrived at the place and checked in, went to his room, unpacked, had dinner when a local concert featuring those soldiers including him ended after 9:00pm at that time.

An official from the Defense Ministry said, "We judges Rain that he had no problem of his whereabouts on that day. He'll leave the army on the 10th as scheduled."

It has been known that serious problems have surfaced as a result of the inspection of the status of the management and operation of the service support troop.

The Defense Ministry say that when they find there is a severe problem with the service support troop, the entertainment soldier system could be abolished.

Credit to Yonhap News : http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&aid=0006352830&mid=shm&oid=001&sid1=106&nh=20130704115837

anjjo said: willenette said:

*** - "the PR agents have been sacrificing themselves and doing their jobs as public figures, returning to their units even in the weekends, holidays and during their leaves to attend performances for Morale Train and other Ministry shows." - This is right because I remember one time that RAIN has to report for CT perfomances & boarding for his radio hosting even while he was on-leave that time. :(

Anonymous PR Agent Supports DEMA′s Management of the PR Unit

While the PR unit in the Defense Media Agency (DEMA) has been put under a hardcore crackdown, a PR agent spoke up on the difficulties agents have to go up against.

His explanations, or excuses, have been drawing concern on whether the Ministry of National Defense will indeed be willing to apply the needed restrictions and punishments.

71663433.jpg

The PR agent said in an interview with SBS′ One Night of TV Entertainment, which aired on July 3, "We have to prepare for our performances even in the weekends."

He added, "It is true we were at fault when we left our posts and visited massage parlors, but our unit often gets us lodgings outside of our base since the events we attend end late in the night. We don′t go out to drink every time; it only happens sometimes."

SBS′ In Depth 21 had recently shown how PR agents drank alcohol in casual wear, left their lodgings freely without permission and visited massage parlors.

The follow-up episode, which aired on July 2, also showed how the unit wasn′t being managed properly, as the agents were shown using cellphones freely and addressing each other comfortably and not by their military titles.

The explanation given by the PR agent is in accordance with the excuses the Ministry of National Defense had given previously when it was forced to review happenings in the Defense Media Agency in January. This has been leading the public to believe again the Ministry will let PR agents go free without sufficient punishment.

58614844.jpg

The Ministry had supported the actions of PR agents in January, saying that "the PR agents have been sacrificing themselves and doing their jobs as public figures, returning to their units even in the weekends, holidays and during their leaves to attend performances for Morale Train and other Ministry shows."

Photo credit: SBS / enewsworld

anjjo said:

Rain to Be Discharged from the Army as Planned

Despite current investigations on PR agents, Rain will be discharged from the army as planned.

On July 4, the Ministry of National Defense stated that Rain will be discharged on July 10 as originally scheduled.

“The special investigation on the operation system of Defense Media Agency will continue into next week as there are still many things to confirm,” stated the Ministry of National Defense.

“We’ve come to the conclusion that Sergeant Jung (Rain) was not in the wrong for his actions on the day of the incident. He will be relieved of his duties on July 10.”

The Ministry of National Defense started a hardcore crackdown on PR agents after SBS’ In Depth 21revealed PR agents freely roaming around in casual wear and drinking alcohol after performing at an army concert. Se7en and Mighty Mouth’s Sangchoo were also caught entering massage parlors.

Rain, who was present at the concert event, was seen heading back to the motel after eating dinner with his colleagues.

Photo Credit: DEMA

Source:enewsWorld

July 5, 2013

class="art_title"Rain Set to Be Discharged from Military Next Week

Rain Rain

Singer and actor Rain, who joined the army in October 2011, will be discharged next week after completing his mandatory military service.

Before wrapping up his 21-month stint, he already signed a contract with Cube Entertainment to serve as his management agency, and has reportedly been working on his future plans.

englishnews@chosun.com / Jul. 05, 2013 10:43 KST

@willenette well i guess it's just a tricky angle, i am sure he's not allowed to have a special hair cut just because he's a celebrity, adding to that the controversy being pointed at him...as how he'll face the public on his discharged day, i think he is really in a tense situation, what was written is right, it's like "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" , i am sure people will put meaning in any action that he'll show, so good luck to him and just be sincere with what he'll say...don't worry your Sweety will welcome you with warm kisses images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9vzCCrEmqU2R3VmlU5Zu
cr photo - owner

cocomhe said: @willenette well i guess it's just a tricky angle, i am sure he's not allowed to have a special hair cut just because he's a celebrity, adding to that the controversy being pointed at him...as how he'll face the public on his discharged day, i think he is really in a tense situation, what was written is right, it's like "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" , i am sure people will put meaning in any action that he'll show, so good luck to him and just be sincere with what he'll say...don't worry your Sweety will welcome you with warm kisses 
cr photo - owner

RAIN to be discharged from the army as scheduled

rain.jpg
Despite being involved in current investigations, Rain will be discharged from the army as originally scheduled.

On July 4, the Ministry of National Defense stated, The investigations on PR agents will continue into next week but Sergeant Jung (Rain) will be discharged as scheduled on July 10th.”

After relieving from his duties, Rain is about to start a new journey with new agency Cube Entertainment with popular groups like B2ST and 4minute.

source : dailykpopnews