Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[Fan Account] Gee’s Encounter with Rain at the 2013 Arirang World Peace Festival in D.C. (5/8)

credit:TerriKR@rain-cloud.co.kr

(Cross-posted from Cloud USA's blog on Wordpress at cloudusa.wordpress.com)

20130508_215927_GeeAndRainandfans

~Cloud Cover by Terri :-}, Managing Editor, Cloud USA

Encounter with Rain at the 2013 Arirang World Peace Festival in D.C by Gee (@questsurfer on Twitter)

On Monday night, while I was visiting with my aunt, I got an e-mail from JiArt, saying that I had been confirmed for a ticket to the Arirang World Peace Festival in D.C., where Rain would be appearing.  I went crazy and told my aunt that I had to get home, to see if I could find a reasonably-priced airline ticket, so that I could get there.  Well, all I can say is all of the stars must have been aligned, because I managed to find a ticket I could afford.  So, I went with it.

It has been a long time since I could make last minute plans for anything, because for the past ten years, I have been taking care of my mother.  Now, though, I don’t have her anymore, and it felt strange.  Still, the possibility of seeing Rain was so exciting.

I left on Tuesday morning and landed in D.C. at 4:00 p.m.  A friend of mine picked me up, and we went straight to the Warner Theater.  When we arrived, the box office was closed.  My heart dropped, but then an Asian lady walked up to the doors.  I asked her if she was the lady giving out tickets for the event the next day.  She replied, “No, but I do have some free floor tickets,” and then she gave me one.  See?  The stars were still aligning…I didn’t expect that to happen!

On the day of the show, I arrived at about 6:15 p.m.  Scorpiola, NYCuckoo and another lady (whose name I can’t recall–if you’re out there reading this, please send us your name!) saw me and came up and asked if I was a Rain fan.  I told them yes—yes I was.  We hugged and greeted each other.  It was obvious that we were all excited to be there.

I asked them where they were sitting, and they said they didn’t know.  They didn’t have any tickets yet.  I said, “Wait a minute,” and I went into the box office and asked one of the ladies there if she had any tickets left.  She gave me three tickets and I gave them to my Cloud sisters.  Then we discovered that their tickets said “Row J” and mine said, “Row Q.”  Well, I knew THAT wasn’t going to work (smile).  So, I went back to the box office and asked the lady if she had any closer tickets than “Row Q.”  She gave me a “Row J” ticket too, so that I could sit with my new friends.  Yes, those stars just kept on working…

The seats were great and really close to the stage.  We could see everything.  Out came Sangchu and a lady who spoke English as our MC’s.  First, came the Korean National Anthem.  Then, a Korean opera singer sang the American National Anthem. It was beautiful.  The rest of the night was filled with more singers, musicians and a fashion show.  The fashion show featured Korea’s historical fashion, which was beautiful.  There were men and women models.  They bowed to each other and then to the audience.  Everyone thought they were so cute.

Now, I’m getting closer to the big moment.  Most of you saw the great videos, so most of you have probably seen Sangchu’s introduction of Rain, right? Well, when those words were spoken, the crowed went wild, and everyone rushed towards the stage.  Of course, I did too.

I really tried to videotape Rain performing.  I really did.  But finally, I just had to put my phone down and watch him perform.  I just had to look at him.  I couldn’t help it.  I needed to see his every movement and facial expression with my own eyes.  My video ended up being about 20 seconds long.  LOL.  So, that’s why I haven’t posted it on the Internet anywhere.

The two songs went fast, and before we knew it, his performance was over and he was saying thank you for inviting him and was walking off of the stage.  I left the theater with stars in my eyes, still not really believing that I had actually seen Rain.  In person!

Those stars, still working in my favor, told me to walk around the corner to the loading dock, to see if anything was happening there.  When I got to the loading dock, no Clouds were around but me.  I saw one man, who appeared to be the driver of the huge Mercedes van he was standing beside.  I asked him if he spoke English, and he said, “A little.”

I asked him if I could wait there to see Rain, and he just nodded his head.  That was good enough for me.  No security was around and so I figured I was good to go. Suddenly, I see Scorpiola and NYCuckoo coming towards me.  As I’m looking at them, they said, “Here he comes!!”  I turned around and there was Rain, walking our way and looking tall and slim and as fine as could be.

All I could do was scream, “Rain!  It’s so great to meet you!  Can you PLEASE take a picture with us?”  He smiled and said, “Sure.”  Ladies, I put my arm around his waist, and as you can see in the picture, I was crazed with excitement.

Right before we took the picture, I showed him the tattoo on the back of my neck, with his name in Hangul (비).  He said, “Wow!  Thank you!”  He also said, “Nice to meet you,” and “You’re welcome” in such perfect English.  His voice was so soft and sexy.

And let’s not even talk about his skin.  It was just as fine as baby’s skin.  There were no marks, no lines—it was just beautiful.  I swear I’m not just saying that because I love Rain.  I’m saying that because it’s really true!  Pictures and videos do him a great deal of justice, but not nearly enough.  He is unbelievably gorgeous in person.

Hongshi taking the infamous pic

Hongshi, one of his dancers (you all know him), took the picture of us ladies with my camera.  I turned to take a picture of Hongshi too, and I heard Rain tell Scorpiola and NYCuckoo that he remembered them.  They had seen him in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, and he remembered their faces. Now, that’s something so cool for them to talk about and remember!

After that, Rain got into the van, and I screamed, “Rain, America loves you and we support you in everything you do!”  The van door closed, and I then I was throwing kisses at him as the van was backing out.  He waved at us all the way out of the dock.  So sweet.

Clouds, if you ever meet any idol that you love, you will understand how hard it is in that moment to think of what to say.  I’m so sorry to all of my Cloud USA sisters for not mentioning Cloud USA.  I was simply beside myself.  (LOL.  We get it, Gee. We really do.  :-})

Not in a million years, not even with all of my fantasies, did I ever really think I would actually meet Rain.  But I did!  It happened fast, yes, but it really did happen.  I also met some great Cloud sisters, had a lot of fun, and to top it off, I even met Rain!  This trip was worth every moment and every penny I spent.

Thank you all for your excitement for me, and I hope I’ve done this story justice.

Love ya’ll,

Gee

270878_571471126220132_1909872480_n

[info]Consolatory Train guest stars (14 May)

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

1(12).png

---------------------------------------------------

[info]Consolatory Train guest stars (16 May)

3(0).png

anjjo said: [info]Consolatory Train guest stars (14 May)

1(12).png

---------------------------------------------------

[info]Consolatory Train guest stars (16 May)

3(0).png

anjjo said: [Fan Account] Gee’s Encounter with Rain at the 2013 Arirang World Peace Festival in D.C. (5/8)

credit:TerriKR@rain-cloud.co.kr

(Cross-posted from Cloud USA's blog on Wordpress at cloudusa.wordpress.com)

~Cloud Cover by Terri :-}, Managing Editor, Cloud USA

Encounter with Rain at the 2013 Arirang World Peace Festival in D.C by Gee (@questsurfer on Twitter)

On Monday night, while I was visiting with my aunt, I got an e-mail from JiArt, saying that I had been confirmed for a ticket to the Arirang World Peace Festival in D.C., where Rain would be appearing.  I went crazy and told my aunt that I had to get home, to see if I could find a reasonably-priced airline ticket, so that I could get there.  Well, all I can say is all of the stars must have been aligned, because I managed to find a ticket I could afford.  So, I went with it.

It has been a long time since I could make last minute plans for anything, because for the past ten years, I have been taking care of my mother.  Now, though, I don’t have her anymore, and it felt strange.  Still, the possibility of seeing Rain was so exciting.

I left on Tuesday morning and landed in D.C. at 4:00 p.m.  A friend of mine picked me up, and we went straight to the Warner Theater.  When we arrived, the box office was closed.  My heart dropped, but then an Asian lady walked up to the doors.  I asked her if she was the lady giving out tickets for the event the next day.  She replied, “No, but I do have some free floor tickets,” and then she gave me one.  See?  The stars were still aligning…I didn’t expect that to happen!

On the day of the show, I arrived at about 6:15 p.m.  Scorpiola, NYCuckoo and another lady (whose name I can’t recall–if you’re out there reading this, please send us your name!) saw me and came up and asked if I was a Rain fan.  I told them yes—yes I was.  We hugged and greeted each other.  It was obvious that we were all excited to be there.

I asked them where they were sitting, and they said they didn’t know.  They didn’t have any tickets yet.  I said, “Wait a minute,” and I went into the box office and asked one of the ladies there if she had any tickets left.  She gave me three tickets and I gave them to my Cloud sisters.  Then we discovered that their tickets said “Row J” and mine said, “Row Q.”  Well, I knew THAT wasn’t going to work (smile).  So, I went back to the box office and asked the lady if she had any closer tickets than “Row Q.”  She gave me a “Row J” ticket too, so that I could sit with my new friends.  Yes, those stars just kept on working…

The seats were great and really close to the stage.  We could see everything.  Out came Sangchu and a lady who spoke English as our MC’s.  First, came the Korean National Anthem.  Then, a Korean opera singer sang the American National Anthem. It was beautiful.  The rest of the night was filled with more singers, musicians and a fashion show.  The fashion show featured Korea’s historical fashion, which was beautiful.  There were men and women models.  They bowed to each other and then to the audience.  Everyone thought they were so cute.

Now, I’m getting closer to the big moment.  Most of you saw the great videos, so most of you have probably seen Sangchu’s introduction of Rain, right? Well, when those words were spoken, the crowed went wild, and everyone rushed towards the stage.  Of course, I did too.

I really tried to videotape Rain performing.  I really did.  But finally, I just had to put my phone down and watch him perform.  I just had to look at him.  I couldn’t help it.  I needed to see his every movement and facial expression with my own eyes.  My video ended up being about 20 seconds long.  LOL.  So, that’s why I haven’t posted it on the Internet anywhere.

The two songs went fast, and before we knew it, his performance was over and he was saying thank you for inviting him and was walking off of the stage.  I left the theater with stars in my eyes, still not really believing that I had actually seen Rain.  In person!

Those stars, still working in my favor, told me to walk around the corner to the loading dock, to see if anything was happening there.  When I got to the loading dock, no Clouds were around but me.  I saw one man, who appeared to be the driver of the huge Mercedes van he was standing beside.  I asked him if he spoke English, and he said, “A little.”

I asked him if I could wait there to see Rain, and he just nodded his head.  That was good enough for me.  No security was around and so I figured I was good to go. Suddenly, I see Scorpiola and NYCuckoo coming towards me.  As I’m looking at them, they said, “Here he comes!!”  I turned around and there was Rain, walking our way and looking tall and slim and as fine as could be.

All I could do was scream, “Rain!  It’s so great to meet you!  Can you PLEASE take a picture with us?”  He smiled and said, “Sure.”  Ladies, I put my arm around his waist, and as you can see in the picture, I was crazed with excitement.

Right before we took the picture, I showed him the tattoo on the back of my neck, with his name in Hangul (비).  He said, “Wow!  Thank you!”  He also said, “Nice to meet you,” and “You’re welcome” in such perfect English.  His voice was so soft and sexy.

And let’s not even talk about his skin.  It was just as fine as baby’s skin.  There were no marks, no lines—it was just beautiful.  I swear I’m not just saying that because I love Rain.  I’m saying that because it’s really true!  Pictures and videos do him a great deal of justice, but not nearly enough.  He is unbelievably gorgeous in person.

Hongshi, one of his dancers (you all know him), took the picture of us ladies with my camera.  I turned to take a picture of Hongshi too, and I heard Rain tell Scorpiola and NYCuckoo that he remembered them.  They had seen him in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, and he remembered their faces. Now, that’s something so cool for them to talk about and remember!

After that, Rain got into the van, and I screamed, “Rain, America loves you and we support you in everything you do!”  The van door closed, and I then I was throwing kisses at him as the van was backing out.  He waved at us all the way out of the dock.  So sweet.

Clouds, if you ever meet any idol that you love, you will understand how hard it is in that moment to think of what to say.  I’m so sorry to all of my Cloud USA sisters for not mentioning Cloud USA.  I was simply beside myself.  (LOL.  We get it, Gee. We really do.  :-})

Not in a million years, not even with all of my fantasies, did I ever really think I would actually meet Rain.  But I did!  It happened fast, yes, but it really did happen.  I also met some great Cloud sisters, had a lot of fun, and to top it off, I even met Rain!  This trip was worth every moment and every penny I spent.

Thank you all for your excitement for me, and I hope I’ve done this story justice.

Love ya’ll,

Gee

Rain and Kim Tae Hee mentioned.   I think it is worthy to note that Jung Suk Won is one of Rain's co-stars in R2B and they became close that Rain even attended his movie premiere then.  I guess he will be invited to the wedding if he is not in the military.  :)

class="articletitle"'No First?' Why Celebrity Couples Deny Everything from Relationships to Pregnancies

In the case of celebrity couples, the answer is always no first when asked about premarital pregnancies.

May 14, 2013

70199-no-first-why-celebrity-couples-den

'No First?' Why Celebrity Couples Deny Everything from Relationships to Pregnancies

Among celebrities in K-pop, it has become something close to the law to deny any claims regarding romantic relationships. In the case of celebrity couples, the answer is always no first when asked about premarital pregnancies.

After the announcement of Baek Ji Young's upcoming wedding with Jung Suk Won, her pregnancy news broke out on May 14. Her management company's statement that denied pregnancy last month turned out to be false. With official reports pouring in, they released an official announcement, saying that Baej Ji Young is indeed pregnant and is currently in the 9th week.

Denial of premarital pregnancy by celebrity couples is certainly not the first. Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young, Jung Sia and Baek Dobin have gone through similar processes, just to name a few.

kim-tae-hee-rain-dating-coupang-ad.jpg?w

So why do they 'lie' about the pregnancy at first?

There are two big reasons. Up to the first three months, the first trimester, there are still many factors that endanger the healthy development of the fetus. Naturally, couples wait until they enter a more stable stage after three months of pregnancy to make an official announcement. Another reason, perhaps bigger than the first, is that the public's perspective on premarital pregnancy is quite negative. Though just as liberal as many western cultures, the Korean culture still remains largely conservative due to the older generations whose lives were heavily influenced by Confucian laws.

Such denial is similar with reports about romantic relationships. Han Hye Jin and soccer star Ki Sung Yong as well as Rain and Kim Tae Hee fall in that category.

For obvious reasons such as privacy and avoidance of criticism about their personal lives, celebrities will continue to deny obvious truths in order to protect the little privacies they have left. Certainly, that will not change during our lifetime.

Source:kpopstarz.com

anjjo said: Rain and Kim Tae Hee mentioned.   I think it is worthy to note that Jung Suk Won is one of Rain's co-stars in R2B and they became close that Rain even attended his movie premiere then.  I guess he will be invited to the wedding if he is not in the military.  :)

class="articletitle"'No First?' Why Celebrity Couples Deny Everything from Relationships to Pregnancies

In the case of celebrity couples, the answer is always no first when asked about premarital pregnancies.

May 14, 2013

'No First?' Why Celebrity Couples Deny Everything from Relationships to Pregnancies

Among celebrities in K-pop, it has become something close to the law to deny any claims regarding romantic relationships. In the case of celebrity couples, the answer is always no first when asked about premarital pregnancies.

After the announcement of Baek Ji Young's upcoming wedding with Jung Suk Won, her pregnancy news broke out on May 14. Her management company's statement that denied pregnancy last month turned out to be false. With official reports pouring in, they released an official announcement, saying that Baej Ji Young is indeed pregnant and is currently in the 9th week.

Denial of premarital pregnancy by celebrity couples is certainly not the first. Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young, Jung Sia and Baek Dobin have gone through similar processes, just to name a few.

So why do they 'lie' about the pregnancy at first?

There are two big reasons. Up to the first three months, the first trimester, there are still many factors that endanger the healthy development of the fetus. Naturally, couples wait until they enter a more stable stage after three months of pregnancy to make an official announcement. Another reason, perhaps bigger than the first, is that the public's perspective on premarital pregnancy is quite negative. Though just as liberal as many western cultures, the Korean culture still remains largely conservative due to the older generations whose lives were heavily influenced by Confucian laws.

Such denial is similar with reports about romantic relationships. Han Hye Jin and soccer star Ki Sung Yong as well as Rain and Kim Tae Hee fall in that category.

For obvious reasons such as privacy and avoidance of criticism about their personal lives, celebrities will continue to deny obvious truths in order to protect the little privacies they have left. Certainly, that will not change during our lifetime.

[article] World Star Rain Performs at Arirang Unfinished War World Peace Festival in Washington, D.C.
credit : Stephe

Hellokpop 5/14/2013 — written by TerriKR, Hellokpop chief editor

20130508_Rain_1.jpg

On Wednesday, May 8, to the delight of his United States fans, world star Rain made a brief appearance at the Arirang Unfinished War World Peace Festival, in Washington D.C.

Jung Ji-Hoon (Rain) who is currently finishing up the last months of his mandatory military service in the Republic of Korea Army, traveled to the U.S. as part of a special envoy attached to South Korean PresidentPark Geun-Hye‘s first official visit.  The event, organized by The Korean Informational Society and sponsored by Korea’s Department of Defense, was held in conjunction with the presidential meeting and served as an expression of South Korea’s appreciation to the 300,000+ international soldiers who aided South Korean forces during The Korean War.  The event took place at the Warner Theater and included a variety of speakers, musical performers and a fashion show of Korean traditional dress (Hanbok).

Rain’s performance served as the finale of the event.  Also making an appearance as the event’s Master of Ceremonies was Sang-chu, from the Korean Hip-Hop group Mighty Mouth.  Sang-chu is also currently completing his own military service in the ROK Army.  Both soldiers are serving as Public Relations Agents for the ROK Army’s Defense Media Agency.  Others performers included guitarist Bae Jang Heumand violinist Ban Sun Kyung.

Rain, who is also serving as Honorary Military Ambassador, is scheduled to be released from the army in July.

Sources: News – terri@hellokpop.com; Pics – @scorpiola & @lee24_ans on Twitter, 기독일보/ChristianDaily.com

2013AWPF1.jpg

2013AWPF2.jpg

20130508_Rain_2.jpg

20130508_Rain_3-682x1024.jpg

20130508_Rain_4.jpg

20130508_Rain_5.jpg

20130508_Rain_6.jpg

20130508_Rain_7.jpg

20130508_Sangchu1.jpg

20130508_Sangchu2.jpg

20130508_Sangchu3.jpg

20130508AWPF0.jpg

20130508WarnerTheaterDC.jpg

[Full Acct]130508 Arirang World Peace Festival with Rain in Washington DC

by scorpiola@rain-cloud.co.kr

May 8th, 2013

I left home at 6:20 in the morning and met cuckoo at a train station around my house. We first took a train to the city, then we took a bus to Washington DC from New York. Since our Rain God visited USA, New York and Washington DC both were raining like cats and dogs this morning. Same as the previous time, our Rain God always brought rain and storms with him when he visited the states. After six hours of travelling, our bus arrived at Union Station in Washington DC at around 12:15pm at noon. Rain God was probably having a lunch break, the sky stopped raining and became cloudy by the time we arrived

01%284%29.JPG

Cuckoo and I first walked to Warner Theatre to take a look at the venue for Arirang World Peace Festival

02%282%29.JPG

03%282%29.jpg

There were already some USA Cloud fans standing in front of the theater

Pic Credit: Patsiii(Mustbenuts) @ CLOUDUSA

04%281%29.jpg

Posters of Arirang World Peace Festival could be found both inside and outside of the theater

05%281%29.JPG

06%280%29.JPG

There were 6 hours left until the showtime, Cuckoo and I decided to walk to The White House since we both hadn't been there for around ten years already. When we were almost there, just across the street of The White House, the sky suddenly started raining, so we decided not to go to The White House. We made a left turn at the block and decided to walk back to Union Station where we could hang around for few hours until the rain stopped. Who knew that the rain stopped just right after we made a left turn and passed about half of the block. Was that a hint for us meaning "You can't go to The White House!" from Rain God?

07%280%29.JPG

We left Union Station at around 4pm. The sun was up high in the sky at this time. We walked toward the same direction where Warner Theatre was located and tried to look for a place for dinner on our way. At the end, we chose to have dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. When we were having dinner in the restaurant, Rain God started working and raining like cats and dogs again. How lucky we were, I couldn't imagine how wet we could get if we were walking on the street at this time.

08%280%29.JPG

09-vert.jpg

We left Hard Rock Cafe at around 5:45pm. Rain God was treating us so good this day. Rain God knew that we had to walk to the theater so he stopped the rain for us again. When we arrived at Warner Theatre, there were already a lot of Korean veterans and their families or friends gathering in front of it. Besides of that, there were American from different ages waiting outside of the theater for the show too. The age range of this group of people was wide, there were people young like teenagers and elder looked like in their 80's. Then Cuckoo and I met with another Cloud fan "H" at around 6pm outside of the theater. "H" was a Cloud fan living in Washington D.C. and we knew each other for few years already. While we were waiting outside of the theater, I saw someone was holding a 'R2B' (Rain's movie) promotional sign in hand, so I went to her and asked if she was a Rain fan. She said yes and everyone called her "Gee". Then we found we knew each other on Twitter already from our talk. Gee was a really funny and passionate person. Besides of having a 'R2b' sign holding in her hand, she also had a "비" ("Rain" in hangul) tattoo on the back of her neck

10%2852%29.JPG

Each of us got a ticket with a pretty good seat because of Gee. Our seats came out falling on "Row J", the 10th row from the stage

11%2861%29.JPG

People started entering the venue at around 6:15pm, but we waited outside until 6:50pm. There were also posters of the show hanging on the walls inside of the building. Rain's picture was not on it but his name was the first name in the list of performers

12%2849%29.jpg

They also gave out program brochures of the show by the time we entered the venue. It had Rain in it

13%2836%29.JPG

14%2839%29.JPG

15%2830%29.JPG

Our seats were on the right side of the stage. The front center section of seating was reserved for veterans and their families

16%2828%29.JPG

The show started at around 7:10pm. I thought Rain would've been the host as per the previous news but actually Sang-chu and an American lady came out as the host for the night. Sang-chu was really doing a great job as a host, he was really funny and trying so hard to make the show more interesting

17%2826%29.jpg

The show began with having different important people giving speeches on the stage, Korean and American National Anthem came next, then differert kinds of performances including fashion show of Hanbok (Traditional Korean Costume) came after

18%2817%29.JPG

19%2815%29.JPG

20%2813%29.JPG

21%2811%29.JPG

22%2817%29.JPG

23%2813%29.JPG

24%288%29.JPG

25%287%29.JPG

26%286%29.JPG

27%288%29.JPG

Continuation -

There was a 15 minutes break before they started the performance. The video clip they showed on the stage screen was made of the movements of the two versions of posters for this festival. One of them had Rain's picture on it

28.5.JPG

Rain was the last one to perform. Audiences crowded in front of the stage to sing and to shake hands with him. Although veterans sitting in the front center section didn't get out from their seats but they also waved their hands as per Rain's request during his performance. I would say Rain elated everyone in the whole venue from all age and all nationalities. He sang two songs, 'Hip Song and 'Instead pf Saying Goodbye' 

I've already put some of my fancam captures and video of Rain's performance out previous, so I'm not going to put them here again. You may check them out in the links below. Besides of that, I would just add few of captures here

Captures of Rain's performance

http://www.rain-cloud.co.kr/board/view.asp?mstSeq=25&bcmSeq=5&seq=55299&page=1&searchType=title&searchStr=

Fancam Video

http://www.rain-cloud.co.kr/board/view.asp?mstSeq=26&bcmSeq=5&seq=55312&page=1&searchType=title&searchStr=

28%288%29.jpg

29%2810%29.jpg

skipped . . . . . more Rain pics

54(2).jpg

At the end of Rain's performance, a lot of audiences called out loud for an encore. Unfortunately, there was no more encore at all. By the time Rain's performance ended, the whole show ended. H got to leave as soon as the show ended, so cuckoo and I just both of us walked to the backstage loading area to see if we have any chance to see his car leaving the building. When we arrived at the backstage loading area, we saw Gee was already standing on a side by a black van. While we were walking toward here, we saw Rain coming out from the back door of the building and walking toward us. I believed he saw us far from there already so when he walked to his van, he passed by it and came to us instead of getting on the van. I said "Hey~" to him and he immediately responded him with "Hello~" The most beautiful and sexy 'Hello~' in the world I had ever heard. His English was really good in the conversations between him and us. When he spoke English with us, he was confident, quick in responds, and his voice was loud. I bet everyone in the loading area were able to hear what he said clearly. His English was a lot better than when he spoke English on TV or on stage previous. Really, in our conversations, his English was perfect, like a native English speaker. Then, as I mentioned in the fan account I wrote at the same night, we hugged, shook hands and took pictures with him. I've already talked about this part in my previous fan account and Gee also talked about some details in hers, so I'm not going to repeat what we have written in this fan account. For this part, you may refer in the below links

My fan account for that part

[Acct]130508 Arirang World Peace Festival with Rain

http://www.rain-cloud.co.kr/board/view.asp?mstSeq=25&bcmSeq=5&seq=55299&page=1&searchType=title&searchStr=

Gee's fan account
[Fan Account] Gee’s Encounter with Rain at the 2013 Arirang World Peace Festival in D.C. (5/9)
http://cloudusa.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/fan-account-gees-encounter-with-rain-at-the-2013-arirang-world-peace-festival-in-d-c-59/

This is the only clear shot of Rain I took at the loading area. When he came to us, I lost my sense of taking pictures of him and just hung my camera on my shoulder, so this is the only shot I have

55%283%29.jpg

Besides of what Gee and I have already written about that part, I would like to add some more little stories here. We were all very excited when Rain said he could take pictures with us. The first one was a group picture(the one as Gee and I put in our fan accounts). Gee gave Hong-shi(one of Rain's dancer) her phone to take that picture for us. I was so excited and trying to get the spot right next to Rain in order to take picture with him. At this time, I dropped my phone on the ground and the phone case was broken apart from my phone. The guy in suit, I guess he was someone from the Defense Department managing Rain and Sang-chu in this Washington trip, he pointed to my phone on the ground for telling my phone was dropped. By the same time, the screen of my phone awoke due to the drop and the guy smiled when he saw the wallpaper of my phone's screen. Lol~ I think no one wouldn't laugh when they see that Rain picture I use for my phone's screen wallpaper~ 

56%281%29.jpg

After taking the group picture, I wanted to take one with my own camera, so I asked Rain "One more please~" "One more please~" He responded readily: "Ok! Hurry up! Hurry up!" Lol~ you can imagine how beautiful that "Hurry up! Hurry up!" sounded, right?! So, I still didn't care, oh, I should say I had already forgotten about my phone and phone case were still lying apart on the ground. I went to Hong-shi and handed him my camera. When I turned around to walk back to Rain, Gyeong-yeol(dancer with long hair) handed me my phone. He not only picked it it and my case up from the ground for me, but also built it back(put my phone back in the phone case) for me. Besides of Rain, the dancers oppa were so kind this time too. I've met them few times in person previously, this time they treated us the kindest ever. We didn't have many chance to talk to them previously anyway, you know, because always Rain came first, the first person we served. I said "Thank you!" to Gyeong-yeol, then went back to Rain as quick as I could. Rain said he really had to go after taking an individual picture with me. When he was going to get on the van, I said "Rain, shake hand please~" He turned around to me as soon as he heard that and shook hand with me one more time. What a sweet oppa he was, right?! Rain was really an angel as I could see an angel halo above his head.

When I was watching Rain to get on the van, at the same moment, I found Sang-chu was already on the van. When did he come? Before we come? When we were with Rain? Or after? I really had no idea and none of us knew he was there. When I noticed him and trying to say hi, it was too late, they were closing the door of the van. I wanted to tell him he really did a great job as a host. Then when I saw a picture taken by Gee few days later, I saw Sang-chu was already on the van when Hong-shi was using camera and taking picture for me and Rain (The one behind black leather chair on the right in Gee's picture below). It proved that when Rain was in front of us, really, no one else could come into our eyes. Sang-chu, sorry about that, we know about you, just didn't get a chance to say hi

Pic Credit: Gee (@questsurfer on Twitter) // CLOUDUSA

57%281%29.jpg

We walked outside of the building while watching Rain's van left. At this time, other USA Cloud fans arrived, what a wrong timing it was~ They still could see Rain if they arrived a minutes or two earlier. We introduced each other, talked a bit about what just happened then cuckoo and I had to go. Since I have to go to work next morning, so we have to catch the bus leaving at 11:45pm in order to go back to New York. Then I arrived home at around 4:30 in the early morning. Like this, I finished my 24 hours round trip to Washington DC for seeing Rain. Things all happened too suddenly and too good to be true. I still feel so unreal like dreaming until today when I'm writing my fan account. I know it really happened when I look at the pictures but my mind is still so confused and keeps asking myself "did all of these really happen??"

P.S. When I check with my camera for that night's pictures, I believe that was a mistake but I still feel Hong-shi was so funny. He was so kind that giving me another shot of Rain after taking picture for me and Rain with my camera, but that extra shot of Rain is so Picasso Postmodern style. I'm so glad that he didn't use this method to take the previous two pictures of Rain and us. Anyway, thank you Rain, thank Hong-shi, thank you Gyeong-yeol, thank you Sang-chu, thank you Gee and everyone I met that day. It was an unforgettable experience in my life~

58(1).JPG

anjjo said: Continuation -

There was a 15 minutes break before they started the performance. The video clip they showed on the stage screen was made of the movements of the two versions of posters for this festival. One of them had Rain's picture on i

Rain was the last one to perform. Audiences crowded in front of the stage to sing and to shake hands with him. Although veterans sitting in the front center section didn't get out from their seats but they also waved their hands as per Rain's request during his performance. I would say Rain elated everyone in the whole venue from all age and all nationalities. He sang two songs, 'Hip Song and 'Instead pf Saying Goodbye' 

I've already put some of my fancam captures and video of Rain's performance out previous, so I'm not going to put them here again. You may check them out in the links below. Besides of that, I would just add few of captures here

Fancam Video

http://www.rain-cloud.co.kr/board/view.asp?mstSeq=26&bcmSeq=5&seq=55312&page=1&searchType=title&searchStr=

skipped . . . . . more Rain pics

At the end of Rain's performance, a lot of audiences called out loud for an encore. Unfortunately, there was no more encore at all. By the time Rain's performance ended, the whole show ended. H got to leave as soon as the show ended, so cuckoo and I just both of us walked to the backstage loading area to see if we have any chance to see his car leaving the building. When we arrived at the backstage loading area, we saw Gee was already standing on a side by a black van. While we were walking toward here, we saw Rain coming out from the back door of the building and walking toward us. I believed he saw us far from there already so when he walked to his van, he passed by it and came to us instead of getting on the van. I said "Hey~" to him and he immediately responded him with "Hello~" The most beautiful and sexy 'Hello~' in the world I had ever heard. His English was really good in the conversations between him and us. When he spoke English with us, he was confident, quick in responds, and his voice was loud. I bet everyone in the loading area were able to hear what he said clearly. His English was a lot better than when he spoke English on TV or on stage previous. Really, in our conversations, his English was perfect, like a native English speaker. Then, as I mentioned in the fan account I wrote at the same night, we hugged, shook hands and took pictures with him. I've already talked about this part in my previous fan account and Gee also talked about some details in hers, so I'm not going to repeat what we have written in this fan account. For this part, you may refer in the below links

Gee's fan account
[Fan Account] Gee’s Encounter with Rain at the 2013 Arirang World Peace Festival in D.C. (5/9)
http://cloudusa.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/fan-account-gees-encounter-with-rain-at-the-2013-arirang-world-peace-festival-in-d-c-59/

This is the only clear shot of Rain I took at the loading area. When he came to us, I lost my sense of taking pictures of him and just hung my camera on my shoulder, so this is the only shot I have

Besides of what Gee and I have already written about that part, I would like to add some more little stories here. We were all very excited when Rain said he could take pictures with us. The first one was a group picture(the one as Gee and I put in our fan accounts). Gee gave Hong-shi(one of Rain's dancer) her phone to take that picture for us. I was so excited and trying to get the spot right next to Rain in order to take picture with him. At this time, I dropped my phone on the ground and the phone case was broken apart from my phone. The guy in suit, I guess he was someone from the Defense Department managing Rain and Sang-chu in this Washington trip, he pointed to my phone on the ground for telling my phone was dropped. By the same time, the screen of my phone awoke due to the drop and the guy smiled when he saw the wallpaper of my phone's screen. Lol~ I think no one wouldn't laugh when they see that Rain picture I use for my phone's screen wallpaper~ 

After taking the group picture, I wanted to take one with my own camera, so I asked Rain "One more please~" "One more please~" He responded readily: "Ok! Hurry up! Hurry up!" Lol~ you can imagine how beautiful that "Hurry up! Hurry up!" sounded, right?! So, I still didn't care, oh, I should say I had already forgotten about my phone and phone case were still lying apart on the ground. I went to Hong-shi and handed him my camera. When I turned around to walk back to Rain, Gyeong-yeol(dancer with long hair) handed me my phone. He not only picked it it and my case up from the ground for me, but also built it back(put my phone back in the phone case) for me. Besides of Rain, the dancers oppa were so kind this time too. I've met them few times in person previously, this time they treated us the kindest ever. We didn't have many chance to talk to them previously anyway, you know, because always Rain came first, the first person we served. I said "Thank you!" to Gyeong-yeol, then went back to Rain as quick as I could. Rain said he really had to go after taking an individual picture with me. When he was going to get on the van, I said "Rain, shake hand please~" He turned around to me as soon as he heard that and shook hand with me one more time. What a sweet oppa he was, right?! Rain was really an angel as I could see an angel halo above his head.

When I was watching Rain to get on the van, at the same moment, I found Sang-chu was already on the van. When did he come? Before we come? When we were with Rain? Or after? I really had no idea and none of us knew he was there. When I noticed him and trying to say hi, it was too late, they were closing the door of the van. I wanted to tell him he really did a great job as a host. Then when I saw a picture taken by Gee few days later, I saw Sang-chu was already on the van when Hong-shi was using camera and taking picture for me and Rain (The one behind black leather chair on the right in Gee's picture below). It proved that when Rain was in front of us, really, no one else could come into our eyes. Sang-chu, sorry about that, we know about you, just didn't get a chance to say hi

We walked outside of the building while watching Rain's van left. At this time, other USA Cloud fans arrived, what a wrong timing it was~ They still could see Rain if they arrived a minutes or two earlier. We introduced each other, talked a bit about what just happened then cuckoo and I had to go. Since I have to go to work next morning, so we have to catch the bus leaving at 11:45pm in order to go back to New York. Then I arrived home at around 4:30 in the early morning. Like this, I finished my 24 hours round trip to Washington DC for seeing Rain. Things all happened too suddenly and too good to be true. I still feel so unreal like dreaming until today when I'm writing my fan account. I know it really happened when I look at the pictures but my mind is still so confused and keeps asking myself "did all of these really happen??"

P.S. When I check with my camera for that night's pictures, I believe that was a mistake but I still feel Hong-shi was so funny. He was so kind that giving me another shot of Rain after taking picture for me and Rain with my camera, but that extra shot of Rain is so Picasso Postmodern style. I'm so glad that he didn't use this method to take the previous two pictures of Rain and us. Anyway, thank you Rain, thank Hong-shi, thank you Gyeong-yeol, thank you Sang-chu, thank you Gee and everyone I met that day. It was an unforgettable experience in my life~

anjjo said: Rain and Kim Tae Hee mentioned.   I think it is worthy to note that Jung Suk Won is one of Rain's co-stars in R2B and they became close that Rain even attended his movie premiere then.  I guess he will be invited to the wedding if he is not in the military.  :)

willenette said: anjjo said: Rain and Kim Tae Hee mentioned.   I think it is worthy to note that Jung Suk Won is one of Rain's co-stars in R2B and they became close that Rain even attended his movie premiere then.  I guess he will be invited to the wedding if he is not in the military.  :)

anjjo said: Continuation -

There was a 15 minutes break before they started the performance. The video clip they showed on the stage screen was made of the movements of the two versions of posters for this festival. One of them had Rain's picture on it

Fancam Video

http://www.rain-cloud.co.kr/board/view.asp?mstSeq=26&bcmSeq=5&seq=55312&page=1&searchType=title&s

skipped . . . . . more Rain pic

Gee's fan account

130517 ETN_패밀리락(樂) 페스티벌 위문열차_Hip Song+안녕이란 말대신

130517 ETN_E Special_(130504)패밀리락(樂) 페스티벌 위문열차(Family Rock Festival Consolatory Train)_Rain Hip Song + 안녕이란 말대신

Credit: scorpiola // scorpiolabi1 @ youtube/@rain-cloud.co.kr.

3%2895%29.jpg

2%28106%29.jpg

1%28165%29.jpg

13-05-14 Rain @ Consolatory Train

source : dema.mil.kr

1%28166%29.jpg

2%28107%29.jpg

3%2897%29.jpg

4%2876%29.jpg

5%2868%29.jpg

6%2866%29.jpg