Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

class="entry-title"Netizens play celebrity matchmaker with Yoo Seung Ho, Ha Jung Woo and Song Seung Hun

With the recent outbreak of dating scandals that started off the new year, netizens have matched up celebrities according to their ideal types to predict the next potential celebrity couple.

(skipped unrelated....)

Singer Rain and actress Kim Tae Hee who recently went public with their relationship also had matching ideal types. Rain previously shared his love for older women and stated, “Rather than someone who is younger, I prefer someone who is older than me. It would be ideal to have someone who is one or two years older than me”, which matched Kim Tae Hee’s two-year age difference with the singer. Kim Tae Hee also revealed her ideal type stating, “A man who has attractive visuals and is witty.”

Which potential pairing would you most like to see?

Source & Image(s): Sports Chosun / allkpop

Looks like these 2 write-ups are related but in a different way - :(   :)).  I think Stephe's version/presentation is more credible and it's the press that is the one trying to "humiliate" Rain and not the kid, who, in his honesty/innocence did not have the intention to embarrass anybody. :D

class="blog_h2 entry-title"World-famous star Rain is humiliated by not being recognized January 24, 2013

Rain, who’s currently serving in the military, was recently spotted taking part in a walking festival.  The singer and actor, who was recently punished for meeting with his girlfriend, Kim Tae-hee, while on duty, remained mum despite repeated questions by a reporter. However, the world-famous star was very nice and kind to a boy near him,  who looked indifferent to the star. He gave the boy some chocolate, saying “Just before, you said you know who I am, didn’t you?”  The innocent boy accepted the chocolate and gave him an honest reply: “Yeah, it seems that I’ve seen you somewhere, but I’m not sure.”
  • Source: Starnews//en.korea.

---------------------------------------------------------------

class="title"[clip][learning Korean]More footage of Rain at the 1st Korean Citizens Love of Country Walkathon. (1/19/13) — Posted by: Stephe@Cloud USA on January 24, 2013.

(Video source credit: Hambam TV / courtesy of ratoka @vimeo)

(Images source credit: DC Rain Gall)

A1(6)

A2(2) (1)

°

Minute marker 2:50 – 3:06 : The Power of Chocolate!

Military PR Units No Longer to Receive Special Treatment

The Ministry of National Defense has stepped in to stop Defense Media Agency (DEMA) PR agents from receiving more leaves than the average soldier.

According to the Ministry of National Defense on January 24, the army has cut off leaves or other rewards usually given to PR agents following performances in outer events. It has also emphasized that the agency should give PR agents the same number of leaves that are given to the average soldier, stopping them from receiving special treatment.

90382539.jpg

PR agents will also no longer be able to leave their unit alone even for work purposes. According to the new rules, PR agents must be accompanied by an executive whenever they must leave their unit, and they must return to their unit before 10:00 p.m.

When they are taken to another unit to perform in a military event, they must lodge within the unit or stay in welfare facilities, and they will be stopped from meeting outside civilians.

The new rules were put in place following a great public uproar that sparked from news that singer Rain used his leaves for personal means and meetings.

Photo credit: DEMA′s official blog ′Harmony′ / enewsworld

Reach reporter Oh MiJung on Twitter @isyutar!

rain-cloud.co.kr/

source : Mayfield Hotel FB

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.262490273789842.61596.170360246336179&type=3

월드스타 비, 입대하기전날 메이필드호텔에서

지난 10월 11일 월드스타 '비'가 국내외 1000여 팬들의 응원과 눈물 속에
현역으로 입대했습니다.
입대전 한밤의 티비연예에서 마련한 인터뷰를
메이필드 호텔에서 진행했습니다.
머리자르기전 비의 마지막 모습입니다.
건강한 모습으로 입대후 더 멋진 모습을 기대합니다
비 화이팅~

0%283%29.jpg

1%2897%29.jpg

2%2859%29.jpg

English translation

credit :

class="post-title entry-title" Netizens Choose JYJ’s Yoochun As The Celebrity Whose Shoulders They Want To Lean OnSaturday, January 26, 2013

249.jpg?w=683

c0047605_152498.jpg

JYJ’s Park Yoochun has been chosen as the man with broad shoulders who netizens would like to lean on.
The community portal site DC Inside held a poll from the 15th to the 22nd with the topic ‘Which male star has broad shoulders you’d like to lean on?’, and Park Yoochun came out on top.
Receiving 32,186 of the 64,820 votes (49.7%), Park Yoochun has straight, broad shoulders that gave birth to the nickname ‘right-angled shoulders’, and they help him pull off any look from formal to casual attire.
Second place went to Rain with 28,036 votes (44.8%). Rain, who has shoulders so broad that he has the nickname ‘Pacific shoulders’, has captured the hearts of women with his muscular body.
Third place went to the swimmer Park Tae Hwan with 826 votes (1.3%) for his muscular body and broad shoulders.
The top three were followed by Lee Min Ho, Kim Soo Hyun and So Ji Sub.

Source: [the star chosun] Translated by: dongbangdata.net//dkpopnews

[Vid]13-01-26 KBS - YunYeGaJunGye_Lee Jong Suk mention Rain

Posted by memo-rain on January 27, 2013

130126 YunYeGaJunGye_Lee Jong Suk mention Rain from ratoka on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/58254411

130126 KBS - YunYeGaJunGye_Lee Jong Suk mention... by ratoka

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx1sdg_130126-kbs-yunyegajungye-lee-jong-suk-mention-rain_news#.UQRNE_JhpZp

------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is about the video above - :) class="entry-title"Actor Lee Jong Suk reveals he was an idol group trainee

2013-01-27

20130126_leejongsuk_idol_entertainmentre

Actor Lee Jong Suk of the popular drama ‘School 2013‘ revealed that he used to be an idol group trainee.

On the January 26th episode of KBS 2TV‘s ‘Entertainment Relay‘, Lee Jong Suk shared, “I prepared to be part of an idol group for about three months.”

He explained how he ended up choosing to act instead, stating, “In middle school, I watched the drama ‘Full House‘, but it didn’t make me want to become an actor. I decided that I wanted to be like Rain.”

He went on, “After that, I joined an agency and they wanted to prepare me to become an actor, but I ended up modeling instead. Since I chose the wrong agency, I started out as a model. When I stopped modeling, I moved to a music agency. I then trained to be part of an idol group. I prepared for around three months, and then I ran away.”

Source:allkpop

Military tightens rules for celebrity soldiers

2013-01-25 @ http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2013/01/116_129482.html

By Jun Ji-hye

130125_p02_military.jpg
Singer Rain
The defense ministry on Thursday said that it has set up new rules limiting leave entitlement for entertainers serving mandatory military service after growing criticism from the public that ordinary conscripts have far less leave entitlement.

“Considering growing criticism on the alleged preferential treatment for the entertainment soldiers, we agreed to make some rules regarding their leave,” a ministry official told The Korea Times over the phone asking for anonymity.

“From now on, when they leave the base for official duties such as choreography, rehearsals or to record songs, they must be accompanied by a military official. In such cases, they cannot stay off base overnight and must obey a 10 p.m. curfew,” he said. 

The move came after top star Rain, currently halfway through his mandatory two-year military service, became embroiled in controversy early this month after reports in the media that he used time allocated for official duties away from the military base he was stationed at to pursue  a relationship with top actress Kim Tae-hee, meeting with her every weekend in December.

After the love story surfaced, many critics complained that Rain was able to enjoy his private life while ordinary soldiers remained confined to their barracks.

Some netizens even called for an end to the preferential treatment of entertainers serving in the military.

The ministry official admitted it was true that entertainers tend to have more vacation time and time off base than ordinary soldiers. But, he added this is because they earn their extended leave entitlement.

“As entertainment soldiers perform at many outdoor events including music concerts, vacation time has been given in appreciation of this,” he said.

The official also said that under the new rules, if vacation time is due, the ministry will now apply the same rules on entertainers as it does to ordinary soldiers.

“On average, entertainers have received twice as many vacations as ordinary soldiers. We will tighten control of this so that such a thing never happens again,” he said. According to the material submitted last October by the ministry to Rep. Jin Sung-joon of the Democratic United Party, the average number of holidays that entertainers took amounted to 75 days, while those for ordinary soldiers were 43 days.

Rain, the 31-year-old singer, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, faces confinement as a disciplinary action for pursuing private matters on military time. He will be discharged in July.

jjh@ktimes.co.kr,

anjjo said:

[Vid]13-01-26 KBS - YunYeGaJunGye_Lee Jong Suk mention Rain

Posted by memo-rain on January 27, 2013

130126 YunYeGaJunGye_Lee Jong Suk mention Rain from ratoka on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/58254411

130126 KBS - YunYeGaJunGye_Lee Jong Suk mention... by ratoka

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx1sdg_130126-kbs-yunyegajungye-lee-jong-suk-mention-rain_news#.UQRNE_JhpZp

------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is about the video above - :) class="entry-title"Actor Lee Jong Suk reveals he was an idol group trainee

2013-01-27

Actor Lee Jong Suk of the popular drama ‘School 2013‘ revealed that he used to be an idol group trainee.

On the January 26th episode of KBS 2TV‘s ‘Entertainment Relay‘, Lee Jong Suk shared, “I prepared to be part of an idol group for about three months.”

He explained how he ended up choosing to act instead, stating, “In middle school, I watched the drama ‘Full House‘, but it didn’t make me want to become an actor. I decided that I wanted to be like Rain.”

He went on, “After that, I joined an agency and they wanted to prepare me to become an actor, but I ended up modeling instead. Since I chose the wrong agency, I started out as a model. When I stopped modeling, I moved to a music agency. I then trained to be part of an idol group. I prepared for around three months, and then I ran away.”

Source:allkpop

RAIN appears in a Venezuelan Newspaper

credit:mina07@rain-cloud.co.kr.

150985_594048403954672_1114691422_n.jpg

486024_594048390621340_400727124_n.jpg

JUNG JI HOON EMBAJADOR ESTRELLA DE HALLYU DENTRO Y FUERA DE ASIA. RAIN ES EL UNICO COREANO QUE HA GANADO UN PREMIO MTV AWARDS.

English Translation
by
mina07   2013.01.28@rain-cloud.co.kr

JUNG JI HOON, HALLYU STAR AMBASSADOR IN AND OUT OF ASIA. RAIN IS THE ONLY KOREAN ARTIST WHO HAS WON AN MTV AWARD.

Jung Ji Hoon is a singer, actor and model, he is 30 years old and was born in South Korea. Popularly known as BI in Korea, in Japan as Yu, etc. He is an artist whose has had great success in and out of Asia.

Demonstrating his talent for singing, and dancing, Rain goal was to become a singer.

In 2000 when he had begun to build its future as an artist, he had to struggle with the sickness and subsequent death of his mother because of her diabetic condition.

That same year he was hired as an apprentice by JYP ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY directed by Park Jin-Young, despite not having the required standard appearance for artists, he started as a backup dancer.

Rain debuted in April 2002 with the promotional songs "Bad Guy" and "Handshake" belonging to his first album BAD GUY.

In 2003 he made his television debut in the drama Sang Doo! Let's go to school! after the success of his start as a singer and actor, he released his second album HOW TO AVOID THE SUN.

MORE THAN JUST A SIMPLE DRIZZLE in 2004 starred in the title role of the drama Full House. His performance in the drama that was broadcast in over 16 countries including Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Turkey, Israel and the United States, impulsed Rain's career to new levels and earned him the award for "Best Actor" at the KBS Acting Awards.

In April 2006, Rain was among the 100 most influential people in the world chosen by TIME magazine on the web.

In October he releases his fourth album called RAIN'S WORLD and starred in his first film, I'm a cyborg, but that's ok. Film that won the "Alfred Bauer Award" at the International Film Festival of Berlin. He also won for "Best Newcomer" in Baesksang Awards.

In September of that same year he promoted ETERNAL RAIN, his first Japanese album and three months later he began his tour, Rain's Coming in Singapour, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, The United States, at Madison Square Garden (New York) and Coliseum at Caesars Palace (Las Vegas) and Canada
Rain became the first Korean Artist to perform a concert in the largest auditorium in Japan, Tokyo Dome.

In 2007 he also appeared on the list of the world's most beautiful people by People Magazine.

He appeared again in the online survey among the most influential in the world of TIME magazine.

After leaving JYP Entertainment, Rain started his own company J Tunes Entertainment, known as Rainy Entertainment.

LIKE A THUNDERSTORM in October of 2008 Rain released his fifth album in Korea led named "Rainism" a controversial album with interpretable sexual references.

That same year he appeared in his first American film, Speed Racer, of the Wachowski Brothers. In 2009 he starred NINJA ASSASSIN. In October to promote his fifth album he began his tour in Asia THE LEYEND OF RAINISM.

In 2010 it became the first Korean Artist and the fourth Asian to win an award at the MTV Movie Awards, for his role as Raizo in NINJA ASSASSIN-getting the award "BIGGEST BADASS AWARD".

In April Rain he promoted a mini album called Back to the Basic and from early September to late December he starred in the television series The Fugitive Plan B, show emitted by the KBS2. In October he represented his country at the 7th Asia Song Festival organized by the Korea Foundation for International Exchange.

He joined the mandatory military service on October 11, 2011, he performed his last concert "The Best Show" in September of that year. In March 2012 he was transferred as a PR private for DEMA and in April was appointed Honorary Ambassador of the Army.

Rain’s 2013 began a little bit rough, in adjacent to the revelation of his relationship with actress Kim Tae Hee, rumors began to emerge of a possible favoritism for having "excessive vacation days" and he faced controversy for being photographed with his uniform on and not wearing his beret. However, his image is being restored after the incidents were explained and practically dismissed by a representative of DEMA, his fans-called clouds-expect the artist to complete his military service in July of this year.

Journalist Nayzai Saavedra
2001 Journal Arts & Entertainment
Saturday January 26, 2013.
Caracas Venezuela.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So noticeable is the sadness in Rain's eyes in this collage -
  =((

59a0fada00c600050aafacea7fa905f8.png

credit:as tagged.

*** I guess he's a little bit "out-of-the-spotlight" nowadays since he's no longer busy doing consolatory train as what he used to be. So far, he has no schedule yet after this event. I think he's busy inside the camp doing paperwork but none series of morale-boosting stage shows yet. :)

13-01-19 Rain @ Love Of Country Walkathon With Seoulite
credit : ratoka
source : http://blog.naver.com/sooiniq/30157087433

093.JPG

092.JPG

094.JPG

095.JPG

097.JPG

102%280%29.JPG