Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[26-Mar-12][soompi]Thai Prime Minister Names Her Favorite K-Pop Star and TV Drama

*quoted image*

The Prime Minister of Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra, picked her favorite K-Pop star and TV dramas, reflecting the growing

presence of Hallyu content in the Southeast Asian country. She sat for an interview with TV Chosun’s “Choi/Park’s Current Affairs Talk Board,” and talked about Korea and Thailand’s economic/cultural relationships, her political ideas, and passion for K-Pop.

“The Korean dramas I’ve seen so far are ‘Full House’ and ‘Dae Jang Geum.’ Among Korean celebrities, I like Rain and 2PM,” she said. In particular, she expressed her love for 2PM’s Nichkhun, who comes from Thailand as well.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is currently in Korea for the “2012 Seoul Nuclear Security Summit.” She also had the chance to meet Nichkhun during a tea time ceremony with special guests on March 26. The interview with TV Chosun took place on March 24 and will air on March 26.

source : soompi

anjjo, not surprised about 2PM because of Nickkhun. I guess she had to say his name! :lol:

[sS Photo] Rain gained weight?

120326_4f7063b4a57dc.jpg

Rain is on a powerful stage performance at the Seoul Peace Musical in commemoration of the 2nd year of since the Cheonan ship incident and in celebration of the nuclear security summit at the Seoul Yongsan War Memorial Museum. Rain, Park Hyo-sin, KCM, Insooni and other high star singers participated in this event and the whole nation took the time to remember the tragic accident 2 years ago and swore never to forget it.

Meanwhile, Rain was dispatched out to the fifth division recruit training center as an assistant but was moved to the Defense Agency for Information recently.

120326_4f7063e8be8c3.jpg

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

[3 Fancams]10519 Rain @ Dresden_ Hotel Restaurant

2012-03-25

Credit: HallyuHeaven @ youtube// scorpiola@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

anjjo, no one can wear this shades/specs like RAIN. :sweatingbullets:

[26-Mar-12][soompi]Thai Prime Minister Names Her Favorite K-Pop Star and TV Drama

*quoted image*

The Prime Minister of Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra, picked her favorite K-Pop star and TV dramas, reflecting the growing

presence of Hallyu content in the Southeast Asian country. She sat for an interview with TV Chosun’s “Choi/Park’s Current Affairs Talk Board,” and talked about Korea and Thailand’s economic/cultural relationships, her political ideas, and passion for K-Pop.

“The Korean dramas I’ve seen so far are ‘Full House’ and ‘Dae Jang Geum.’ Among Korean celebrities, I like Rain and 2PM,” she said. In particular, she expressed her love for 2PM’s Nichkhun, who comes from Thailand as well.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is currently in Korea for the “2012 Seoul Nuclear Security Summit.” She also had the chance to meet Nichkhun during a tea time ceremony with special guests on March 26. The interview with TV Chosun took place on March 24 and will air on March 26.

source : soompi

Nickkhun is Thai but was born in US so, he's fluent in speaking English. Actually, he's a mixed: Thai with Chinese blood. He's still not fluent in Korean because I somehow heard him speak the language. He still has an accent!(which I think is actually very cute, hehe) I read once that he learned Korean after (3) years of being in Korea & still learning up to now. He's not fluent like a native speaker, but he speaks very well for someone who has been there for a relatively short period of time. Some people can pick up fluency very quickly, and for others it can take quite awhile. Nichkhun also speaks some Mandarin so he's clearly linguistically talented. :lol:

SM, YG and JYP’s Profits for 2011 Revealed

SM, YG and JYP Entertainment, as publicly traded stock companies on Korea’s KOSDAQ, all recently submitted its 2011 audit report to the Financial Supervisory Service, providing the public with a glimpse inside the financial turnings of the three major entertainment agencies.

First, it was revealed that the combined income of the three major agencies for 2011 was a staggering 182 billion won (approximately 160 million U.S. dollars), an all-time record for the agencies.

12039208.jpg

SM recorded total sales of 109.9 billion won in 2011, making it the first time the company passed the 100 billion mark. The total sales for 2011 marked a 27.2 percent increase, or 23.5 billion won increase from 2010.

However, business profits were down 19.2 percent compared to 2009 as SM revealed its profit was 20.7 billion won for 2011. Net profits declined 32 percent from 2010 to 16.4 billion won for 2011. SM explained that the decline in profit was due to the rise in ratio of sales costs.

YG revealed its total sales for 2011 was 62.5 billion won, a 39.7 percent increase from 2010. Its business profit was 15.2 billion won and net profits 11.7 billion won to mark a 36.9 percent and 42 percent increase from 2010 respectively.

YG explained its sales increase were largely due to its artists activities in Japan and other royalties rising.

The case for JYP proves a bit trickier to assess. In 2010, Park Jin Young took over Rain’s former agency, J.Tune Entertainment which later became a separate agency, JYP. Though JYP Entertainment, which houses Park Jin Young, miss A, Rain and others, is a publicly traded company, JYP, which is currently home to the Wonder Girls, 2PM, 2AM and others, is not.

To get an accurate assessment, both companies need to be assessed but only JYP Entertainment, as a public company, disclosed its financial statements. JYP will be required to send in its financial audit report by the middle of April. Additional difficulties stems from the fact JYP Entertainment’s 2011 financial audit changed its financial settlement period from June to December providing only the financial statement for the July 1 to December 31 period.

A look at only JYP Entertainment’s six-month audit shows its total sales was 9.9 billion won, operating loss was 2.4 billion won and net loss during the term was 2.1 billion won.

K-Pop isn′t just for fun anymore - it′s a huge business!

Credit : enewsworld

***He was released and discharged from his military services just today on March 28th. He was with RAIN at the PR Dept. There are a number of other celebrities who will be discharged from the military this year, including Lee Dong Gun. Lee Wan will follow suit after Lee Dong Gun, as he will be discharged in April. He's the brother of Kim Tae Hee. Kim Nam Gil is also looking forward to an honorable discharge this year. And HyunBin this December. :)

12-03-28 My Daily - Lee Dong Gun Talk about Rain

credit : my daily // cap by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

ooooooooooooooooooo.JPG

[Mar-28-2012]'Lee Dong Gun', "My successor Rain adapts well."

Credit to Star in http://news.nate.com/view/20120328n05422

English translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

PP11110800031.jpg

Lee Dong Gun' is the guy in a beret.

Actor 'Lee Dong Gun' took care of his successor Rain (Jung Ji Hoon)

When reporters and fans were present to celebrate his discharge from the army on

the 28th, 'Lee Dong Gun' said, "I’m sorry I couldn't take good care of Rain."

Rain has recently been doing activities as a PR soldier since he was transferred to

Defense Agency for Public Information Services.

'Lee Dong Gun' said about Rain, “Rain is doing just fine. Since publicity seems to be

a little too much interested in him, Rain could probably find this more difficult than others,

but he is such a wise and strong man who quickly gets used to things."

Continuing, "I expect he'll always show the best of himself as a soldier."

Meanwhile, 'Lee Dong Gun' has firmed up his plans for his next movie and will start

shooting it soon.

Cloudy Day: Fan art, inspired by Rain.

2012-03-23

by: Stephe@cloudusa

“YoungJae” Rain by the artist as tagged.

*quoted image*

anjjo, every time I see this picture, it reminded me of FH. I remember of course RAIN & SHK, KSS & other cast. But, of course, I missed the lead couple although I'm not a bikyo fan.....SHK is beautiful, no doubt about it. FH was & still is very popular in China. She started to be well-known in China because of FullHouse being shown several times there. The same thing with RAIN, he becomes more popular there because of that drama. Ye, they look good together.....hehehe - Well, they are certified legitimate as the best couple & so many polls/surveys could attest to that. Everyone knows that, and they were also awarded as one of the Best Couple before, right? :lol:

***Sigh.........Lee Dong Gun has completed his MS already....I hope time flies so fast so that July 2013 is coming fast as well. LDG became the 1st soldier released from the PR division after RAIN has bee assigned in that place. LJK & Andy from Shinhwa came also from this Dept. But, they were already discharged when RAIN came in. :mellow:

***Ohhh................the picture was edited again................Wondering who was beside him, huh? :sweatingbullets::unsure:

The latest photo of Rain in the army

(from dc rain gall by 130710) / 하이힐 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

cnflsld.jpg

***He was released and discharged from his military services just today on March 28th. He was with RAIN at the PR Dept. There are a number of other celebrities who will be discharged from the military this year, including Lee Dong Gun. Lee Wan will follow suit after Lee Dong Gun, as he will be discharged in April. He's the brother of Kim Tae Hee. Kim Nam Gil is also looking forward to an honorable discharge this year. And HyunBin this December. :)

12-03-28 My Daily - Lee Dong Gun Talk about Rain

credit : my daily // cap by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

*quoted image*

Are all those names you have listed above serving in the PR department or in active duty? I wonder if all celebrities are serving in the PR department? And what is the public opinion on this, thinking they get a special treatment?

anjjo, every time I see this picture, it reminded me of FH. I remember of course RAIN & SHK, KSS & other cast. But, of course, I missed the lead couple although I'm not a bikyo fan.....SHK is beautiful, no doubt about it. FH was & still is very popular in China. She started to be well-known in China because of FullHouse being shown several times there. The same thing with RAIN, he becomes more popular there because of that drama. Ye, they look good together.....hehehe - Well, they are certified legitimate as the best couple & so many polls/surveys could attest to that. Everyone knows that, and they were also awarded as one of the Best Couple before, right? :lol:

***Sigh.........Lee Dong Gun has completed his MS already....I hope time flies so fast so that July 2013 is coming fast as well. LDG became the 1st soldier released from the PR division after RAIN has bee assigned in that place. LJK & Andy from Shinhwa came also from this Dept. But, they were already discharged when RAIN came in. :mellow:

***Ohhh................the picture was edited again................Wondering who was beside him, huh? :sweatingbullets::unsure:

The latest photo of Rain in the army

(from dc rain gall by 130710) / 하이힐 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

*quoted image*

Rain looks sooooooo young on this picture!

[video link][fan art] 비 Bi Rain Drawing - Hip Song.

2012-03-29

by Stephe@rain-cloud.co.kr

Freehand Rain by artist kcrazziii, filmed with a Canon Vixia HFR20. Music: Rain, "Hip Song."

(Rain wearing sponsor Adidas in 1st Look Magazine, October 2011.)

20111020_rain_3.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

12-03-28 SBS - Hamban TV_Lee Dong Gun Talk about Rain

2012-03-29

Credit : ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ccsx7R0Unc

or watch video here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpqwuq_120328-menin-rain_shortfilms

tv%282%29.jpg

Are all those names you have listed above serving in the PR department or in active duty? I wonder if all celebrities are serving in the PR department? And what is the public opinion on this, thinking they get a special treatment?

Rain looks sooooooo young on this picture!

Hi bbly, ye, all of them are in the PR Dept. with RAIN except for HyunBin who's at the Marine Unit & not at the Army. I really haven't heard any bad news or public criticism on them being assigned there. I only heard about the public scrutinizing Boom's vacation leave/day-off more than due to him before & some other cases of other enlisted celebrities, which are not related to their assignment. About the recent picture of RAIN in the army, I do agree with you - he looks so young. :sweatingbullets:

Park Chan-wook stalks a thriller with 'Stoker'

http://www.hancinema.net/park-chan-wook-stalks-a-thriller-with-stoker--40534.html

LOS ANGELES - Acclaimed director Park Chan-wook, who is renowned for daring films such as "Old Boy" (2003), "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" (2005) and "Thirst" (2009) recently wrapped production on his English-language film debut, a thriller called "Stoker".

The film, which stars Nicole Kidman, Mia Wasikowska and Matthew Goode, is slated for release later this year and there is already talk of a possible Cannes premiere.

The JoongAng Ilbo met with Park in Los Angeles, where he was in the middle of post-production for the film. This is the first time he has discussed the film with the Korean media.

(...skip...)

What's most important to you in life?

My film "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK", is very special to me because it shows what I've learned in my life. The main character, Park Il-soon [Rain, Jung Ji-hoon], puts it best in one scene when he says: "Give up hope and cheer up!" Through him, I was trying to say that we should think realistically without delusions that are based on the lies other people tell us. But it never says that we should be depressed or suicidal. The important thing is to cheer up.

The most important message in the movie is that at least we have to eat. My answer to your question is also the same - don't forget to eat.

By Rachel Lee [estyle@joongang.co.kr]

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo... ( English Korean )

Park Chan-wook stalks a thriller with 'Stoker'

http://www.hancinema.net/park-chan-wook-stalks-a-thriller-with-stoker--40534.html

LOS ANGELES - Acclaimed director Park Chan-wook, who is renowned for daring films such as "Old Boy" (2003), "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" (2005) and "Thirst" (2009) recently wrapped production on his English-language film debut, a thriller called "Stoker".

The film, which stars Nicole Kidman, Mia Wasikowska and Matthew Goode, is slated for release later this year and there is already talk of a possible Cannes premiere.

The JoongAng Ilbo met with Park in Los Angeles, where he was in the middle of post-production for the film. This is the first time he has discussed the film with the Korean media.

(...skip...)

What's most important to you in life?

My film "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK", is very special to me because it shows what I've learned in my life. The main character, Park Il-soon [Rain, Jung Ji-hoon], puts it best in one scene when he says: "Give up hope and cheer up!" Through him, I was trying to say that we should think realistically without delusions that are based on the lies other people tell us. But it never says that we should be depressed or suicidal. The important thing is to cheer up.

The most important message in the movie is that at least we have to eat. My answer to your question is also the same - don't forget to eat.

By Rachel Lee [estyle@joongang.co.kr]

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo... ( English Korean )

jini, thanks for sharing this here. Nice words from the director of this movie. :lol:

12-03-08 Mnet JP - MIC_Koyote Talk about Rain

Credit : rainsnow // Cap by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

mic.jpg

12-03-29 Rain Coupang new event

source : coupang // cap by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

99%281%29.jpg

12-03-29 Rain mentholatum

source : mentholatum @ weibo / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

753e36dejw1drge1utqloj.jpg

12-03-29 Rain with Soldiers

source : http://news.nate.com/view/20120329n15908 /ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

00000%282%29.jpg

[03-29] [Fancam]110322 Rain wearing casual clothing @ hotel in Hanoi Vietnam

Credit: Hieu85 @ rainvietnam + Hieu85 @ rain-cloud + maithao040585 @ youtube / scorpiola - RainLegend

My link

Big 3 Entertainment Agencies: How Did They Fare In 2011?

en_120328_08.jpg

YG Entertainment's Yang Hyun-suk must be pretty smug. It seems he's managing his agency pretty well.

According to a KOSDAQ report revealing the 2011 financial reports for the big three agencies (SM Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, & YG Entertainment), SM came out on top in terms of annual sales. Housing the likes of Girls Generation and Super Junior, the agency broke past the 100 billion won mark for the first time for any entertainment label. However, in terms of profits, YG, led by Yang Hyun-suk, had a operating profit ratio of 24.5%. This was more than SM's 18.9%.

SM's 2011 sales sat at 109,936,173,838 won, a 27% increase from 2010. From this figure, 61.9 billion won was from domestic sales, 33.6 billion won from Japan, and 14.3 billion from other countries. Compared to 2010, SM's domestic sales increased by 27.9% or roughly 17.3 billion won. Japan's sales fell by about 3 billion won, while sales in other countries jumped by 64.3%, or roughly 9.2 billion won.

(skipped unrelated.....)

For the remaining Big 3 agency, JYP, the numbers weren't as high. However, it's important to note a label's success cannot only be judged by the accounting books.

One thing to note is that there are actually two agencies under the name JYP: JYP which is home to Park Jin-young, miss A, and Rain & JYP Ent which manages 2PM, 2AM, and the Wonder Girls.

The following figures is for JYP Ent, which is not a comprehensive report for all JYP's artists (i.e. under JYP). Moreover, with JYP Ent having split off late June in 2011, the report applies to only a six-month period from July 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011.

JYP Ent earned roughly 9.9 billion won in total sales, though there was an operating loss of about 24.7 billion won. Related officials explained the red figures, "The loss increased last year because of higher sales management costs and the expenses of investments made to J.Tunes Entertainment.

By region, JYP Ent's sales figure was divided: 3.9 billion won from domestic sales, 5.9 billion from outside Korea.

Credit : KBS World

TIME 100

Credit : bilover23 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

Untitled%5Fpicturevvvvv.png

@TIME: Who were the most influential people in pop culture in the past year? Tell us about your choice using the hashtag #TIME100

support Rain and send this tweet : [@TIME #TIME100 Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) ]

important: 1- send the tweet to @TIME

2- add the hashtag #TIME100

you can also do RT tweets of your friends tweets ~^^

let's put Rain in the list this year tooooo~

FIGHTING ~~~

Soldiers Rain, KCM, and Park Hyo Shin take a picture together

20120329141619014.jpg

Hallyu star Rain, who is currently serving his duty, recently took a picture with other entertainer soldiers, including Park Hyo Shin and KCM.

Rain is serving in Defense Media Agency with actor Kim Ji Hoon, singers Park Hyo Shin, KCM, and Mithra Jin, and comedian Lee Jin Ho. They went to Vietnam to attend the ’2012 Korea-Vietnam Friendship Concert,’ which was held on March 21 in Hanoi.

The concert was held to celebrate the 20th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Korea and Vietnam. Rain and other soldiers from Defense Media Agency gave wonderful performances and took a picture together.

Rain joined the Army in October of last year and he also attended the ’2012 Seoul Peace Concert,’ which was held on March 26 in front of the War Memorial of Korea in Yongsan.

Rain’s military life will air on TV Chosun’s Entertainment in TV on March 30 at 9:50 p.m.

Source: TV Report / korea.com

Rain costume @ Myeong Dong KSTORY

2012-03-24

Credit : rainstorm//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, some of these pictures are quite “old” but “vintage-worthy” – hehehe. But whenever I see them I die a little inside knowing that I missed it somehow. :sweatingbullets:

[Mar-29-2012] A current picture of Rain with his soldier mates such as Park Hyo Shin, KCM, etc. is released electrically.

Credit to TV Report http://news.nate.com/view/20120329n15218

English translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

A current photograph of Hanryu star Rain serving in the military with his soldier mate "Park

Hyo Shin", "KCM", etc. has been released.

Now Rain has been serving in Defense Agency for Public Information Services as a PR

soldier with actor "Kim Ji Hoon", singer "Park Hyo Shin", "KCM", "Mithra Jin", and gagman

"Lee Jin Ho", and he emceed the 2010 Korea-Vietnam Friendship Concert held in

Vietnam's Hanoi last 21st.

This concert was to celebrate 20 years of the two country’s diplomatic relation, and Rain

was photographed with his mate PR soldiers attached to Defense Agency for Public

Information Services to cement their friendship that day.

Rain has been serving in Defense Agency for Public Information Services as a PR soldier

since his enlistment last October, and he showed passionate performances to the

audience at the 2010 Seoul Peace Concert held at the plaza in front of the War Memorial

Museum in Yongsan-gu, Seoul, last 26th.

TV Joeon's 'Entertainment in TV' which is to release Rain's military life, will be aired on the

30th at 9:50pm.

Even your little ones can get some Rain.

Credit : Stephe - rain-cloud.co.kr/

-- Written by Stephe ^@@^

We've seen and heard about Rain in studies and university textbooks around the world, and seen him as the subject of college lectures in Los Angeles. And lecturing college students himself on his home turf. Now, even little ones can read about Rain and the Hallyu Wave in these two children's books: Country Explorers: South Korea (ages 7 and up) ( http://www.amazon.com/South-Country-Explorers-Jennifer-Miller/dp/1580136052) and South Korea: Enchantment of the World (ages 10 and up). ( http://www.amazon.com/South-Korea-Enchantment-World-Second/dp/0531184862) Pretty cool, huh?

Big thanks to lemonmaknae for having a sharp eye and a ready camera! :)

(Book page images credit: lemonmaknae / tip: PurpleZest / Covers: Amazon.com)

***TODAY, March 30 Rain’s military life will air on TV Chosun’s Entertainment in TV at 9:50 p.m..... :lol:

****************************************************************************************************************

Rain, Mithra, Park Hyo Shin, KCM’s Recent Army Stint in Vietnam Revealed

As reported previously, Rain, Mithra Jin, Park Hyo Shin, Yoo Seung Chan, Kim Ji Hoon and KCM all recently traveled to Vietnam with their PR unit for performances held by Korea’s Military Symphony Orchestra to commemorate diplomatic relations between Korea and Vietnam.

The revealed pictures by TV Chosun shows the group posing happily for the picture in Hanoi.

51335716.jpg

Rain enlisted into the army last October opting to serve in a regular army unit and was sent to the 5th division’s recruitment training center.

However, on February 17 he applied for the Ministry of National Defense’s recruitment for its PR recruitment and was accepted as a PR agent on February 23.

Scenes from the group′s stint in Vietnam will be revealed on TV Chosun′s Celebrity in TV on March 30.

Photo credit: TV Chosun / enewsworld

[Fancam]110519 Rain leaving after Dresden Music Festival

Credit: HallyuHeaven @ youtube / scorpiola - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

113%281%29.JPG

[Fancam]110519 Rain @ a restaurant after Dresden Music Festival

Credit: HallyuHeaven @ youtube / scorpiola - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

114%281%29.JPG