Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Hi bbly, willenette is right, in a press release, CJ E&M, the producer of "Soar Into the Sky" announced that said movie will be released at the later end of this year 2012. It also mentioned that major films like "Soar Into the Sky" are released during traditional holidays, summer or high winter peaks. I understand that by this "later end of the year" is the high winter peak in Korea which starts by Dec. 21, 2012 and end by mid-March, 2013. So we can assume that Rain's movie might be shown during the 2012 Christmas/New Year holiday season or up to the first quarter of 2013. If this is true, then we can expect full-blast promotion of this film to begin by November of this year. :D

willenette, with all the news, article translations and your explanation, I clearly understand that Rain's move to transfer to the Defense Media Agency (DEMA) is so beneficial for him, thanks so much, dear. Since he voluntarily applied for the position of entertainment soldier, I believe that he knows what is best for him, that his decision is a clever one and we, as his fans support him. Surely, he will pass his oral test to be released today and be a participant of DEMA produced TV shows along with various radio programs as a disc jockey. As you say, lucky are the fans in Korea who will hear his voice. BTW, with his new designation, could there be hope and possibility that he can promote his movie "Soar Into the Sky" since its theme is about Korean Air Force under their National Defense Commission (Military)? Are the disc jockey celebrity soldiers playing Kpop? Remember Rain's favorite singer is himself. :lol:

I never tire watching Coupang Ads, maybe because that's Rain's latest, I love the one showing him dancing with KTH, the steps are simple but the way he executed them are so graceful with fluidity. I know that KTH is a very well-educated woman and belongs to an affluent family besides being so beautiful. I can always forget I am a Bikyoer if Rain can be a couple with her, heheh :lol:

Some video clips of Entertainment soldiers were uploaded today and I hope later that we can see Rain's.

An old pic

*quoted image*

Source:rainstorm

Hi anjjo, I think there's a strong possibility now that he could be allowed to go out & promote his movie once it's released this year. Aside from being in the DEMA as the PR Agent this movie is also funded by the Air Force. I really hope & wish for this, dear. About the military radio station, I really have no idea if they're playing Kpop there. :unsure:

"I am a Bikyoer if Rain can be a couple with her, heheh" - Hahaha - :lol: You'll switch your girl for her, huh? I like her but not for RAIN because I'm rooting her for Kim Rae Won - hehehe. :lol:

About the video clip of those Entertainment soldiers, I still haven't watched it, dear. But, I know some celebrities who are currently & had been assigned there. :D

About this old picture you posted above, my 1st time to see it. Thanks dear for posting this. :sweatingbullets:

FanArt - Rain picture

source : http://twitpic.com/8nkumd / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

art.jpg

art2.JPG

]BI Rain FanArt picture

credit as tagged / wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

4df0a5f9gw1dqcil4wm48j.jpg

[Feb-24-2012] Rain picked as an entertainment soldier by the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence.

Brief translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

20120224_4708220.jpg

Clockwise from the top left to the right / Rain (Jung Ji Hoon - private), Kim Sung Won (private first class),

Kim Jae Wook (private first class), and Im Joo Howan (private first class)

-The following is focusing on Rain -

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, have revealed on the 24th

that they've picked singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon), singer Kim Sung Won, actor

Kim Jae Wook, and actor Im Joo Howan as entertainment soldiers.

As a support group belonging to the Defense Ministry, these soldiers will start working on

military TV and radio, and will visit each of army bases to give a morale-boosting concert

every week.

Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain) had always wanted to serve in the military as an ordinary soldier

since his enlistment, and he was supposed to serve in a recruit training center

belonging to the 5th Division as a teaching assistant, beginning at the end of this month.

Credit to Star News http://cn.moneta.co.kr/Service/paxnet/ShellView.asp?ArticleID=2012022410262401515

February 24, 2012

Rain to Serve for Defense Media Agency

Rain was confirmed as a PR agent for the Defense Media Agency (DEMA).

DEMA revealed on February 24 that Rain, actor Kim Jaeuck, Im Joo Hwan and Untouchable’s Sleepy would be serving as PR agents.

In March they will be transferred to the Ministry of Defense’s service support group, and will participate in producing promotional programs for the military such as those for KFN TV and KFN FM.

85067751.JPG

Rain entered the military in October 2011, and because he wished to serve as an ordinary unit, he served as an assistant at the 5th division’s recruit training center from late February. On February 17, however, he opted to turn in an application as a PR agent recruit, and was confirmed on February 24 after attending an interview on the day before.

Kim Jaeuck, Im Joo Hwan and Sleepy will also be transferred. Kim Jaeuck starred in Coffee Prince and Antique, and has been serving as a field serviceman at the 5th division’s engineering squadron since he was enlisted in July 2011. Im Joo Hwan starred in Tamra, the Island and had been serving as a TI&E (Troop Information & Education) personnel in the 23rd division since May. Sleepy had been serving in the military band of the 28th division since August.

PR agents are chosen through applications, interviews and practical tests among those who entered the military after being active as celebrities in society.

Currently Lee Dong Gun, Lee Wan, Kim Ji Hoon, Yoo Gun, Epik High’s Mithra Jin, Park Hyo Shin and Yoo Seung Chan are serving as PR agents.

About Rain’s transfer, the Ministry of Defense has said, “The military has never asked Rain to apply for the PR agent spot, and he applied according to his own will,” while Rain’s agency has said Rain “was transferred [by the Ministry].”

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan / enewsworld

February 24, 2012

Top K-pop star Rain to serve as 'entertainment soldier'

South Korean pop singer and actor Rain will serve as what the military has dubbed an "entertainment soldier" during the remaining period of his mandatory two years of military service, a government agency in charge of publicizing the military said Friday.

Rain will be assigned to a new group within the military that provides programming for TV and radio broadcasts next month, the Defense Media Agency said.

He will then appear in television and radio programs of the Korean Forces Network, a broadcaster run by the defense ministry to boost morale of soldiers, and take part in weekly concert tours to military units across the country, it added.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, is one of the most popular male celebrities in South Korea and a well-known star in other Asian nations.

The 30-year-old singer joined the military last October and was originally set to serve as an assistant instructor of recruits at a military boot camp located in Yeoncheon, Gyeonggi Province, since he wanted to be an active-duty soldier. (Yonhap New)

Credit : Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20120224000611

[Eng Trans]12-02-24 ROK_MND Tweet about Rain

source : ROK_MND @ TWITTER / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

http://m.mnd.go.kr/bodo_contents.jsp?sid=0&seq=-18591

aaa.png

[English translation]

Translated by : 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

[국방부 트위터 대변인 (Defense Department Twitter Spokesman)]

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, finally picked singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon), singer Kim Sung Won, actor Kim Jae Wook, and actor Im Joo Howan as entertainment soldiers. The selected soldiers will do morale support activities for ordinary private soldiers and do promotional work for the national defense

- Focusing on Rain -

[국방 홍보지원대원 선발 결과 (The results of the final selection of entertainment soldiers to help do promotional work for the national defense)]

❍ 국방홍보원(원장 오철식)은 23일 월드스타 가수 겸 배우 비(정지훈)와 김성원, 연기자 임주환, 김재욱 등을 홍보지원대원으로 최종 선발했다.

❍ Singer and actor Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) who is a world star, singer Kim Sung Won, actor Kim Jae Wook, and actor Im Joo Howan, were shortlisted as

entertainment soldiers by the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence on the 23rd.

❍ 이들은 지난 2.3~13일까지 국군방송과 국방일보에 게재한 선발공고에 따라 2월 17일까지 서류접수에 이어 23일 면접 및 실기 테스트 등 엄격하고 공정한 선발 절차를 거쳤다.

❍ The entrants' necessary documents were received until February 17 after the Publicity Department posted an ad for entertainment soldiers in the military newspaper and on the military air from February 3 to 13, and then they moved up to the finals after a very strict selection process on the 23rd.

❍ 가수 정지훈(비) 이등병은 지난해 10월 11일 경기 의정부 306 보충대에 입소하여 육군 5사단 신병교육대에서 5주, 이어 제2신교대에서 3주 등 8주 동안의 신병훈련을 마치고 5사단 신병교육대 조교요원으로 복무해 왔다.

❍ Singer Jung Ji Hoon (Rain) enlisted in 306 Supplement in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do last October 11th, had served in a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division since his 8 week boot training (5 weeks in a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division, and 3 weeks in the 2nd recruit training center)

❍ 23일 국방부의 승인 절차를 거쳐 최종 선발된 이들은 3월에 국방부 근무지원단으로 소속부대를 변경하여 국방홍보지원대원으로서, 국군방송 TV와 라디오의 각종 프로그램과 매주 각급부대를 찾아가 위문공연을 하는 ‘위문열차’ 공연에 참여하여 장병들의 사기진작 및 국방홍보를 위해 활동하게 된다.

❍ As a support group belonging to the Defense Ministry, these soldiers selected after being approved by the Defense Ministry on the 23rd, will start working on military TV and radio, and they will visit each of army bases to give a morale-boosting concert and to help do promotional work for the national defense every week, from March.

❍ 국방홍보원은 이선호(앤디)와 이준기의 전역으로 생긴 공백을 최소화하고 장병들의 사기를 진작시킬 수 있는 수준 높은 인재들이 선발되어, 이들의 재능을 살려 앞으로 큰 활약을 할 것으로 기대하고 있다.

❍ The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence have great expectations about the activities of the new talented individuals selected this year, who can minimize a vacuum caused by both singer Andy (Lee Sun Ho) and actor Lee Joon Ki's discharge, and can boost soldiers' morale.

Rain pic @ adidas store

2012-02-19

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

source/credirt:as tagged

anjjo, I hope many more people will seek interest in this clothing brand. I again re-watched the Adidas teaser a while ago - I like their teaser except that RAIN's appearance was a bit short here because of so many talents in this commercial. Well, what's important is - this teaser starts & ends with RAIN, this is really that matters.................. :sweatingbullets:

Caps from "Sangdoo"

2012-02-21

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Source:rain-love2

Thanks for posting some captures from his debut drama. When I looked at the pictures, hmmm………..I was thinking what if RAIN will do a historical drama in the future? This will be his 1st in case he’ll do one someday. But, will he fits into sageuk dramas? Maybe I’m having this 2nd thought because I’m not really into this kind of genre but if RAIN will be in it someday, I’ll watch it anyway. He’s hot enough as it is. :lol:

Some video clips of Entertainment soldiers were uploaded today and I hope later that we can see Rain's.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Lotte DFS vid @ Myeong Dong Star Avenue

2012-02-23

Credit: Fancam by Adetted // adetted @ youtube//scorpiola@

Please Do Not upload this to other youtube~

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I was able to view now the video of the Entertainment soldier shared from RL. While watching it, I was also thinking that when RAIN will be transferred to this place, he'll be on-stage performing again even inside the military. I just hope there are fans out there who could share the videos every time there's performance of RAIN in the military base. :D

Nice & cool Lotte video! Myeongdong is the center shopping district in Seoul. It has a number of shops run by Korean celebrities as well. Star Avenue is part of the Lotte World's complex. This is an entertainment facility that combines fun activities with products featuring stars of the Korean Wave like my BIG MEN BYJ & KSW . And RAIN has been a part of them now. If shopping is one of your agenda in Seoul, then Myeong-dong is a must-not missed area. Crowd in Myeong-dong is just unbelievable. All the hundred of boutiques and stalls in the area are here, which you cannot cover in a day. Korea's largest mall is also situated here. :lol:

*** I have been missing RAIN an awful lot lately…Good, that I'm able to see his new photo. What I saw lately in the papers was the pic during his enlistment day - Remember the look? He looked a bit shy, right - with his cropped hair. I’m sure he felt lonely during his early weeks/months in the military that’s why he lost weight & that we saw this during his Graduation Ceremony. Aish….. two years can be a long or short time, depending how you look at it. I just hope he’ll have good health always. I hope he finishes his MS safe and sound! I can't wait for his discharge next year! :sweatingbullets:

***Now, it's fine with me if we can't see materials yet for the movie - Anyway, the release is still a bit far. Just wondering why every time I read some articles about SSK the movie with RAIN isn't mentioned while her other projects were being written there. You know, I have learned to not judge by looks but from chemistry, let’s see if she & RAIN can use those acting skills to create some. SSK is a beauty. Besides, romance is my thing when I want to watch a drama/movie. :)

Thanks for posting some captures from his debut drama. When I looked at the pictures, hmmm………..I was thinking what if RAIN will do a historical drama in the future? This will be his 1st in case he’ll do one someday. But, will he fits into sageuk dramas? Maybe I’m having this 2nd thought because I’m not really into this kind of genre but if RAIN will be in it someday, I’ll watch it anyway. He’s hot enough as it is. :lol:

***Now, it's fine with me if we can't see materials yet for the movie - Anyway, the release is still a bit far. Just wondering why every time I read some articles about SSK the movie with RAIN isn't mentioned while her other projects were being written there. You know, I have learned to not judge by looks but from chemistry, let’s see if she & RAIN can use those acting skills to create some. SSK is a beauty. Besides, romance is my thing when I want to watch a drama/movie. :)

Hi willenette, that's also one of my wishes once Rain is discharged from his enlistment, to do a Korean historical drama just like all the big actors there. I noticed that dramas in this genre are also hits in other countries like ours, one of which was Jewel In the Palace since many are interested in their culture at the emergence of hallyu. We all know that Rain is such a versatile actor and this will be a great change from the other roles he had done. :D

I observed too that SSK is almost in Kpop news everyday with so many projects, well, maybe one thing we must be grateful to her is she is not riding in Rain's popularity even if he is currently in his MS, :lol::lol: Didn't we both find it funny that there was an article linking her romantically with Rain? More publicity gimmicks about the two will come out as the release of their film "Soar Into The Sun" nears. :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------

12-02-24[Cloud Notice]★ The news that Rain's made the rank of private first class and his position has been changed.★

Posted by memo-rain on February 25, 2012

c1.jpg

Hi, we're 8th term Cloud executive board.

The Defense Ministry has confirmed on the 24th (today) that Rain's position has been changed.

[The news that Rain has been selected as an entertainment soldier for The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence]

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, has finally picked singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon), …, …, and…. as entertainment soldiers.

The selected soldiers will do morale support activities for ordinary private soldiers and do

promotional work for the national defense.

(The Defense Ministry Twitter)

Therefore, his unit will be changed to the Force Service Support Group belonging to the

Defense Ministry in March, and the decision on which program he hosts in the department will also be confirmed in March.

★ As his unit has been changed, his address your letters and gifts are sent to will also be changed. Thus, when gifts for him get to unit Key (열쇠부대) after he leaves, they could be discarded without being delivered to him. So, please be patient till his new address is confirmed.

[The news that Rain's made the rank of private first class - Congratulations!!!]

It's normal for soldiers enlisted last October to gain advancement on March 1st, 5 months after their enlistment, but military officials say that Rain's been selected as an ultra warrior in a recruit training center, which is why he made the rank of private first class a month ahead of time (February 1st), contrary to other soldiers.

(The followings are extracts from the original article.)

Rain has been selected as an ultra warrior after passing a test by doing more than 72 pushups and 82 sit-ups in two minutes, and by clocking less than 12m 30s in 3km sprint.

[국방홍보원 홈페이지]

[The website of the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence]

http://www.dema.mil.kr/

- It's possible to watch and listen to the live coverage → You don’t need to be a

member.

- The method to enter for an event designed to deliver snacks to soldiers hosted by "Hard Tack & Astral Candy" (건빵과 별사탕) which is one of military radio programs.

(Airtime : 6:00pm~7:00pm)

1)Sending each of your stories via SMS # 0967 while radio personalities are on the air. (The extra fee for the service is ₩ 50)

2) Writing a story on its board (Users will have to have a personal login to write)

http://www.dema.mil.kr/web/home/starcandy?skin_type=S&menu_seq=1393&mod_id=board_1964&pseq=0

- Writing encouraging words to 'the support group' (홍보지원대원) helping do promotional work for the national defense.

( Users will have to have a personal login to write)

c2.jpg

[국방홍보원(홍보지원대)트위터]

[The twitter of the support group belonging to the Defense Ministry]

@demaclub

[위문열차 공식 트위터]

[The official twitter of "Train to Provide Comfort to Soldiers"(위문열차)]

@kfn_train

Under the name Cloud, we'll continue to do support activities for our artist Rain doing his best in everything.

Please give him your interest and support.

Thank you.

source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=4570&board...//http://memo-rain

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Feb-25-2012]Shouldn't Rain start his overseas tour by the military command?

Nothing's definite yet though.

PS12022400120.jpg

Singer Rain in the midst of his World Tour before his enlistment.

-Focusing on Rain-

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, revealed on the 24th that

they picked singer Rain, music group 'The Untouchable's member 'Kim Sung Won',

actor 'Kim Jae Wook', and actor 'Im Joo Howan' as entertainment soldiers.

Rain who served in a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division as a teaching

assistant after his enlistment last October, asked the Publicity Department to allow the

change of his position, and then he passed the final interview on the afternoon of the

23rd.

The selected soldiers will start working on military TV and radio, and will visit each of army

bases to give a morale-boosting concert every week beginning March 1st. They are

expected to contribute minimizing a vacuum caused by the recent discharge of both

singer Andy (Lee Sun Ho) and actor Lee Joon Ki.

And now the Publicity Department are more likely to let world star Rain come to the

forefront of the publicity work - most probably they'll let him visit overseas armed forces

installations to help boost soldier morale, which attracts great attention.

Publicity department officials say, "A couple of concerts are scheduled to promote

friendship with foreign countries including Vietnam in early March this year."

And they added, "Nothing has been decided yet regarding whether Rain plans to attend

the event, schedule, location, etc. but I personally think he deserves to attend."

Meanwhile, Rain's seniors 'Kim Sung Won', 'Kim Jae Wook', and 'Im Joo Howan' who

have served in a military band belonging to the 28th Division, an engineering battalion

belonging to the 5th Division, and in a unit belonging to the 23rd Division, respectively,

will transfer to the The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence the way he

does.

Credit to Edaily http://news.nate.com/view/20120224n17623

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

Hi willenette, that's also one of my wishes once Rain is discharged from his enlistment, to do a Korean historical drama just like all the big actors there. I noticed that dramas in this genre are also hits in other countries like ours, one of which was Jewel In the Palace since many are interested in their culture at the emergence of hallyu. We all know that Rain is such a versatile actor and this will be a great change from the other roles he had done. :D

I observed too that SSK is almost in Kpop news everyday with so many projects, well, maybe one thing we must be grateful to her is she is not riding in Rain's popularity even if he is currently in his MS, :lol::lol: Didn't we both find it funny that there was an article linking her romantically with Rain? More publicity gimmicks about the two will come out as the release of their film "Soar Into The Sun" nears. :lol:

12-02-24[Cloud Notice]★ The news that Rain's made the rank of private first class and his position has been changed.★

*quoted image*

The Defense Ministry has confirmed on the 24th (today) that Rain's position has been changed.

[The news that Rain has been selected as an entertainment soldier for The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence]

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, has finally picked singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon), …, …, and…. as entertainment soldiers.

The selected soldiers will do morale support activities for ordinary private soldiers and do

Therefore, his unit will be changed to the Force Service Support Group belonging to the

Defense Ministry in March, and the decision on which program he hosts in the department will also be confirmed in March.

★ As his unit has been changed, his address your letters and gifts are sent to will also be changed. Thus, when gifts for him get to unit Key (열쇠부대) after he leaves, they could be discarded without being delivered to him. So, please be patient till his new address is confirmed.

[The news that Rain's made the rank of private first class - Congratulations!!!]

It's normal for soldiers enlisted last October to gain advancement on March 1st, 5 months after their enlistment, but military officials say that Rain's been selected as an ultra warrior in a recruit training center, which is why he made the rank of private first class a month ahead of time (February 1st), contrary to other soldiers.

Rain has been selected as an ultra warrior after passing a test by doing more than 72 pushups and 82 sit-ups in two minutes, and by clocking less than 12m 30s in 3km sprint.

[국방홍보원 홈페이지]

- It's possible to watch and listen to the live coverage → You don’t need to be a

member.

- The method to enter for an event designed to deliver snacks to soldiers hosted by "Hard Tack & Astral Candy" (건빵과 별사탕) which is one of military radio programs.

1)Sending each of your stories via SMS # 0967 while radio personalities are on the air. (The extra fee for the service is ₩ 50)

2) Writing a story on its board (Users will have to have a personal login to write)

http://www.dema.mil.kr/web/home/starcandy?skin_type=S&menu_seq=1393&mod_id=board_1964&pseq=0

- Writing encouraging words to 'the support group' (홍보지원대원) helping do promotional work for the national defense.

*quoted image*

[국방홍보원(홍보지원대)트위터]

@demaclub

[위문열차 공식 트위터]

@kfn_train

Under the name Cloud, we'll continue to do support activities for our artist Rain doing his best in everything.

Thank you.

source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=4570&board...//http://memo-rain

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this article. I didn't know that it's normal for soldiers enlisted to gain advancement 5 months after their enlistment. Good, that Rain's been selected as an ultra warrior in a recruit training center, which is why he made the rank of private first class a month ahead of time contrary to other soldiers. I'm so happy for him. :lol:

Everything will be known by March once he transferred to the new location. I hope all the plans for him will push-through. :lol:

12-02-24 SBS - Morning Wide_Rain Entertainment soldier

Credit : rainsnow // reup by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

or watch video here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp0ugl_120224-morning-wide-rain-entertainment-soldier_shortfilms

wwww.jpg

Top K-pop star Rain to serve as 'entertainment soldier'

02-24-2012

c0047605_0584735.jpg

Korean pop singer and actor Rain will serve as what the military has dubbed an "entertainment soldier" during the remaining period of his mandatory two years of military service, a government agency in charge of publicizing the military said Friday.

Rain will be assigned to a new group within the military that provides programming for TV and radio broadcasts next month, the Defense Media Agency said.

He will then appear in television and radio programs of the Korean Forces Network, a broadcaster run by the defense ministry to boost morale of soldiers, and take part in weekly concert tours to military units across the country, it added.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, is one of the most popular male celebrities in Korea and a well-known star in other Asian nations.

The 30-year-old singer joined the military last October and was originally set to serve as an assistant instructor of recruits at a military boot camp located in Yeoncheon, Gyeonggi Province, since he wanted to be an active-duty soldier. (Yonhap)

Source:koreatimes.co.kr

S. Korea Singer Rain Takes a Rain Check on Frontline Soldiering

February 24, 2012

20091204004904357.jpg

The South Korean singer Rain had teenage girls nearly apoplectic during his concert at JITEC Mangga Dua Square, despite singing almost entirely in Korean. (Photo: Afriadi Hikmal, JG)

Seoul. South Korean pop icon Rain will serve as an "entertainment soldier" for the remainder of his two years of compulsory military service, the defense ministry said Friday.

Rain will appear in television and radio programs of the Korean Forces Network, a broadcaster run by the ministry to boost morale, and take part in weekly concert tours to military units across the country.

"As he is a singer and dancer, he will do well as an 'entertainment soldier'," a ministry official told AFP.

Fans from across Asia wept last October when the 29-year-old entertainer entered boot camp to start his mandatory military service.

He was said to be adjusting well to military life, being judged a top marksman and groomed to become an assistant instructor.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-Hoon, is a major star in his home country and throughout much of the rest of Asia, where South Korean "K-pop" commands a huge following.

All eligible South Korean men must spend about two years in the military. The country has remained technically at war with North Korea since their 1950-1953 conflict ended without a peace treaty.

Most start their spell around the age of 20. But Rain took advantage of a provision allowing famous entertainers to postpone their service.

Agence France-Presse

Source:http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/lifeandtimes/s-korea-singer-rain-takes-a-rain-check-on-frontline-soldiering/500264

credit:Stephe@Cloud USA

Poll: Which 2012 Korean movies that you are most excited about?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374847-which-2012-korean-movies-that-you-are-most-excited-about/

As of February 25, 2012, 131 member(s) have cast their votes in the multiple-answers movie fun poll. The tally is not definite as members yet to vote can still pick their favorites. However, this is a one-time poll.. once voted, members will not be able to vote again. Related movie posters and info posted at the poll thread for reference

The current result starting with the highest voted movies rbhcool.gif

1. The Thieves

Lee Jung Jae, Kim Yoon Seok, Kim Hye Soo, Jeon Ji Hyun) (45 votes [25.43%])

2. Miss Conspirator

Go Hyun Jung, Yu Hae Jin. Ko Chang Seok, Sung Dong Il, Lee Mun Shik, Park Shin Yang (42 votes [21.11%])

3. The King of Joseon

Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, Shim Eun Kyung (39 votes [22.54%])

4. Coffee

Joo Jin Mo, Kim So Yeon, Park Hee Seon, Yoo Sun (31 votes [15.58%])

5. Introduction to Architecture

Uhm Tae Woong, Han Ga In, Lee Je Hoon, Suzy (31 votes [15.58%])

6. Korea

Ha Ji Won, Bae Doo Na (28 votes [13.07%])

7. Love Fiction

Gong Hyo Jin, Ha Jung Woo (18 votes [9.05%])

8. The Howling

Song Kang Ho, Lee Na Young (16 votes [9.25%])

9. Never Ending Story

Uhm Tae Woong, Jung Ryeo Won (15 votes [7.54%])

10. Soar into the Sky

Jung Ji Hoon, Shin Se Kyung, Kim Sung Soo, Yoo Joon Sang (15 votes [8.67%])

11. Papa

Park Yong Woo, Go Ah Ra, Daniel Henney, Son Byeong Ho (14 votes [8.09%])

12. Dancing Queen

Hwang Jung Min, Uhm Jung Hwa (13 votes [6.53%])

13. Train (aka Helpless)

Lee Seon Kyun, Kim Min Hee, Jo Sung Ha (12 votes [6.94%])

14. The Tower

Sul Kyung Gu, Son Ye Jin, Kim Sang Kyung (12 votes [6.36%])

15. Berlin

Ha Jung Woo, Han Suk Kyu, Jeon Ji Hyun, Ryu Seung Bum (9 votes [4.52%])

16. Nameless Gangster

Choi Min Sik, Ha Jung Woo (9 votes [4.52%])

17. Unbowed

Ahn Sung Ki, Park Won Sang, Na Young Hee, Kim Ji Ho, Moon Sung Geun, Lee Kyeong Yeong (9 votes [5.20%])

18. Sansevieria

Dir. Yoo Ji Tae, Bae Soo Bin, So Yoo Jin (7 votes [4.05%])

19. The Taste of Money

Kim Kang Woo, Kim Hyo Jin, Baek Yoon Shik, Yoon Yeo Jung (6 votes [3.47%])

20. Pacemaker

Kim Myung Min, Go Ah Ra, Ahn Sung Ki (5 votes [2.51%])

[02-25] 11-10-18 Rain with his friends

credit as tagged//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

this picture post it by Ronnie Yang on 17 oct 2011 @noniboy23 twitter

한녀석은 경기도.. 한녀석은 LA.. 그래도 행복하길.. http://yfrog.com/kglyatmj

77289225gw1dqeb3w53j2j.jpg

2%287%29.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

Rain Fugitive Collage

b7ae99c1e0dbf6664e72276bf36733a4.jpg

credit:as tagged

12-02-25 [Cloud Notice]Receipts and expense accounts for the food support event for Rain in celebration of Valentine's Day.

Receipts and expense accounts for the food support event for Rain in celebration of Valentine's Day.

-카드, 포장재료 영수증_솔라씨 3통 영수증 :

Receipts for cards and packing materials_Receipts for three boxes of Solar Seeds.

-하트솔라씨, 수제초코릿재료_우체국영수증:

Receipts for heart-shaped Solar Seeds and the ingredients to make chocolates_Post office receipts.

-페레로로쉐 영수증_포장재료 영수증 :

Receipt for Ferrero Rocher_Receipts for packing materials.

-간식영수증_아티제영수증_선임초코렛영수증

Receipt for snacks_Atisee Receipt_Receipts for chocolates for his senior soldiers.

source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=4571&board...

repost by ratoka @ memo-rain

re.jpg?width=750

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[24-Feb-12][channelnewsasia]Rain to make public comeback as "entertainment soldier"

0000.jpg

SEOUL: South Korean pop icon Rain will serve as an "entertainment soldier" for the remainder of his two years of compulsory military service, the defence ministry said Friday.

Rain will appear in television and radio programmes of the Korean Forces Network, a broadcaster run by the ministry to boost morale, and take part in weekly concert tours to military units across the country.

"As he is a singer and dancer, he will do well as an 'entertainment soldier'," a ministry official told AFP.

Fans from across Asia wept last October when the 29-year-old entertainer entered boot camp to start his mandatory military service.

He was said to be adjusting well to military life, being judged a top marksman and groomed to become an assistant instructor.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-Hoon, is a major star in his home country and throughout much of the rest of Asia, where South Korean "K pop" commands a huge following.

All eligible South Korean men must spend about two years in the military. The country has remained technically at war with North Korea since their 1950-1953 conflict ended without a peace treaty.

Most start their spell around the age of 20. But Rain took advantage of a provision allowing famous entertainers to postpone their service.

- AFP/sf

source : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/1184972/1...

[25-Feb-12][MTVK]RAIN TO SERVE AS ENTERTAINMENT SOLDIER

Posted by memo-rain on February 26, 2012

MTV.jpg

Although solo artist Rain enlisted in the army last October as a common soldier, it looks like he will be making a comeback sooner than the required two years of service as an “entertainment soldier.”

Rain was selected along with Coffee Prince actor Kim Jae Wook,Boys Before Flowers actor Lim Joo Hwan, and hip hop group Untouchable member Kim Sung WoOUECn, all currently privates in the Korean army.

The duties of an entertainment soldier include appearing on broadcast programs for the Korean Forces Network and participating in weekly concerts designed to boost morale. Fans are delighted to see these celebrities back in the spotlight, although all of the four soldiers picked were all reportedly adapting well to army life, with Rain even gaining a top marksman award.

While fans are waiting in anticipation for Rain’s two-year service to end, his protege rookie group MBLAQ continues to promote under J.Tune Camp.

Source : http://mtvk.com/2012/02/25/rain-to-serve-as-entertainment-soldier/

credit:ratoka@memo-rain.ning.com

Hi bbly, about the movie, you might have missed what anjjo had posted here that this movie is reported to be released end of this year. (2012).......anjjo, please correct me if I'm wrong so bbly won't be confused. :) Report prior to this was supposed to be not the latest of March but it was moved once again..... :D

Hi bbly, willenette is right, in a press release, CJ E&M, the producer of "Soar Into the Sky" announced that said movie will be released at the later end of this year 2012. It also mentioned that major films like "Soar Into the Sky" are released during traditional holidays, summer or high winter peaks. I understand that by this "later end of the year" is the high winter peak in Korea which starts by Dec. 21, 2012 and end by mid-March, 2013. So we can assume that Rain's movie might be shown during the 2012 Christmas/New Year holiday season or up to the first quarter of 2013. If this is true, then we can expect full-blast promotion of this film to begin by November of this year. :D

Thanks to both of you for the information! If the movie comes out end of the year, for sure there will be a lot of marketing and teasers all over. But I am not sure if a military movie is really a family movie people want to watch during christmas/new year's eve. So maybe during the Korean Thanksgiving holiday, it wouldn't be bad to release it.

12-02-24 Rain in military picture

source : nate news / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

*quoted image*

Wow, did he gain weight? His cute face looks quite chubby to me. blush.gif

[Feb-24-2012] Rain picked as an entertainment soldier by the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence.

Brief translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

*quoted image*

Clockwise from the top left to the right / Rain (Jung Ji Hoon - private), Kim Sung Won (private first class),

Kim Jae Wook (private first class), and Im Joo Howan (private first class)

-The following is focusing on Rain -

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, have revealed on the 24th

that they've picked singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon), singer Kim Sung Won, actor

Kim Jae Wook, and actor Im Joo Howan as entertainment soldiers.

As a support group belonging to the Defense Ministry, these soldiers will start working on

military TV and radio, and will visit each of army bases to give a morale-boosting concert

every week.

Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain) had always wanted to serve in the military as an ordinary soldier

since his enlistment, and he was supposed to serve in a recruit training center

belonging to the 5th Division as a teaching assistant, beginning at the end of this month.

Credit to Star News http://cn.moneta.co.kr/Service/paxnet/ShellView.asp?ArticleID=2012022410262401515

I don't know what to think about all those reports, it is (once again) contradictional what is written. Rain said from the beginning he wants to be an active duty soldier and doesn't want to have a special treatment and I believe in Rain's words as always, as he is a man who lives by his words. He joined the army, is really successful, gets from everyone respect and admiration, is ranked training assistant and got his last promotion just recently. Then suddenly, it is said Rain will be an entertainment soldier. The Military Defense claims that Rain applied himself, Rain's agency says, the department asked him.

What is true? If Rain really applied himself although saying before that he wants to be an active duty soldier, for sure he has his very good reasons and I am happy for him that he got it. But I believe that the military defense department asked him for sure to apply for it, they wanted him in that position from the beginning but couldn't put him immdetiately in order not to raise any questions from the public. So they let him serve for couple of months as a regular soldier and then get him. It's nice to have a very good and strong soldier like Rain but there are enough of them out there. The military would be stupid to not use Rain's fame and popluarity for marketing purposes. But they can't say that publicly "yes, we have asked him", that wouldn't look good and people will claim, he got a special treatment. And Rain said yes and I am sure he will do a fantastic job! It will be nice to see and hear him from to time. Wishing him good luck! :)

Thanks to both of you for the information! If the movie comes out end of the year, for sure there will be a lot of marketing and teasers all over. But I am not sure if a military movie is really a family movie people want to watch during christmas/new year's eve. So maybe during the Korean Thanksgiving holiday, it wouldn't be bad to release it.

Hi willenette & bbly, looking at the poster above of the movie "Soar Into the Sun, posted by jinijung, we can surmise that this seems to be an official international one as it is done in English. More so, it is noticeable and it is indicated below the phrase "Theatrical Release Spring 2012". I think its producer CJ E&M had changed its former plan and move its release to an earlier date by spring which could be by this coming March (last 2 weeks) to May 2012. All I can say is let's wait and see :lol: or maybe Rain's new position as an entertainment soldier has something to do with it, since he can promote (?) the movie already. :)

Some Cast of the movie Pic

c0047605_0173044.jpg

Rain in Fugitive Plan B

b6c33332cc28ad46cf1a45183db7eeb0.jpg

145aa33e5de9164d15478aef31fcc740.jpg

6dc23b4261e1f0c4b5af9e2cd129ff6c.jpg

1a7eb94951f84e2e66e7781d8dd6cbe8.jpg

33417314687bff60235bbff7dc5a3603.jpg

def001535a5cc541c5352c768df13759.jpg

ec196860efc2f710a19b387a49895aa8.jpg

ea71374cec789e3eeff8524b3e035843.jpg

6f60752fd9c165af82a37fa835a18cc0.jpg

3d7f8fb0e7850fb76f7fc612af9151eb.jpg

87a535058fcf9187fedce9a745d2becc.jpg

Source:as tagged

S. Korea Singer Rain Takes a Rain Check on Frontline Soldiering

February 24, 2012

*quoted image*

The South Korean singer Rain had teenage girls nearly apoplectic during his concert at JITEC Mangga Dua Square, despite singing almost entirely in Korean. (Photo: Afriadi Hikmal, JG)

Seoul. South Korean pop icon Rain will serve as an "entertainment soldier" for the remainder of his two years of compulsory military service, the defense ministry said Friday.

Rain will appear in television and radio programs of the Korean Forces Network, a broadcaster run by the ministry to boost morale, and take part in weekly concert tours to military units across the country.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-Hoon, is a major star in his home country and throughout much of the rest of Asia, where South Korean "K-pop" commands a huge following.

Agence France-Presse

Source:http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/lifeandtimes/s-korea-singer-rain-takes-a-rain-check-on-frontline-soldiering/500264

credit:Stephe@Cloud USA

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this article here. :lol:

Poll: Which 2012 Korean movies that you are most excited about?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374847-which-2012-korean-movies-that-you-are-most-excited-about/

As of February 25, 2012, 131 member(s) have cast their votes in the multiple-answers movie fun poll. The tally is not definite as members yet to vote can still pick their favorites. However, this is a one-time poll.. once voted, members will not be able to vote again. Related movie posters and info posted at the poll thread for reference

The current result starting with the highest voted movies *quoted image*

1. The Thieves

Lee Jung Jae, Kim Yoon Seok, Kim Hye Soo, Jeon Ji Hyun) (45 votes [25.43%])

2. Miss Conspirator

Go Hyun Jung, Yu Hae Jin. Ko Chang Seok, Sung Dong Il, Lee Mun Shik, Park Shin Yang (42 votes [21.11%])

3. The King of Joseon

Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, Shim Eun Kyung (39 votes [22.54%])

4. Coffee

Joo Jin Mo, Kim So Yeon, Park Hee Seon, Yoo Sun (31 votes [15.58%])

5. Introduction to Architecture

Uhm Tae Woong, Han Ga In, Lee Je Hoon, Suzy (31 votes [15.58%])

6. Korea

Ha Ji Won, Bae Doo Na (28 votes [13.07%])

7. Love Fiction

Gong Hyo Jin, Ha Jung Woo (18 votes [9.05%])

8. The Howling

Song Kang Ho, Lee Na Young (16 votes [9.25%])

9. Never Ending Story

Uhm Tae Woong, Jung Ryeo Won (15 votes [7.54%])

10. Soar into the Sky

Jung Ji Hoon, Shin Se Kyung, Kim Sung Soo, Yoo Joon Sang (15 votes [8.67%])

11. Papa

Park Yong Woo, Go Ah Ra, Daniel Henney, Son Byeong Ho (14 votes [8.09%])

12. Dancing Queen

Hwang Jung Min, Uhm Jung Hwa (13 votes [6.53%])

13. Train (aka Helpless)

Lee Seon Kyun, Kim Min Hee, Jo Sung Ha (12 votes [6.94%])

14. The Tower

Sul Kyung Gu, Son Ye Jin, Kim Sang Kyung (12 votes [6.36%])

15. Berlin

Ha Jung Woo, Han Suk Kyu, Jeon Ji Hyun, Ryu Seung Bum (9 votes [4.52%])

16. Nameless Gangster

Choi Min Sik, Ha Jung Woo (9 votes [4.52%])

17. Unbowed

Ahn Sung Ki, Park Won Sang, Na Young Hee, Kim Ji Ho, Moon Sung Geun, Lee Kyeong Yeong (9 votes [5.20%])

18. Sansevieria

Dir. Yoo Ji Tae, Bae Soo Bin, So Yoo Jin (7 votes [4.05%])

19. The Taste of Money

Kim Kang Woo, Kim Hyo Jin, Baek Yoon Shik, Yoon Yeo Jung (6 votes [3.47%])

20. Pacemaker

Kim Myung Min, Go Ah Ra, Ahn Sung Ki (5 votes [2.51%])

Hi rubie, thanks for keeping us updated about this poll/survey, which you also posted here earlier. You see, I right away voted on the day that you posted the poll here. If not for your post, I wouldn't be able to know this survey at all. And besides, about LBH upcoming project, I didn't know that it's a movie - I thought all along that's it's a drama. I look forward to watch it as well. :lol:

Wow, did he gain weight? His cute face looks quite chubby to me. blush.gif

I don't know what to think about all those reports, it is (once again) contradictional what is written. Rain said from the beginning he wants to be an active duty soldier and doesn't want to have a special treatment and I believe in Rain's words as always, as he is a man who lives by his words. He joined the army, is really successful, gets from everyone respect and admiration, is ranked training assistant and got his last promotion just recently. Then suddenly, it is said Rain will be an entertainment soldier. The Military Defense claims that Rain applied himself, Rain's agency says, the department asked him.

What is true? If Rain really applied himself although saying before that he wants to be an active duty soldier, for sure he has his very good reasons and I am happy for him that he got it. But I believe that the military defense department asked him for sure to apply for it, they wanted him in that position from the beginning but couldn't put him immdetiately in order not to raise any questions from the public. So they let him serve for couple of months as a regular soldier and then get him. It's nice to have a very good and strong soldier like Rain but there are enough of them out there. The military would be stupid to not use Rain's fame and popluarity for marketing purposes. But they can't say that publicly "yes, we have asked him", that wouldn't look good and people will claim, he got a special treatment. And Rain said yes and I am sure he will do a fantastic job! It will be nice to see and hear him from to time. Wishing him good luck! :)

Hi bbly, about his recent picture, I think he gained back his weight compared from the those ones we saw during the Graduation Ceremony. And of course, I love it more. :sweatingbullets:

Hi willenette & bbly, looking at the poster above of the movie "Soar Into the Sun, posted by jinijung, we can surmise that this seems to be an official international one as it is done in English. More so, it is noticeable and it is indicated below the phrase "Theatrical Release Spring 2012". I think its producer CJ E&M had changed its former plan and move its release to an earlier date by spring which could be by this coming March (last 2 weeks) to May 2012. All I can say is let's wait and see :lol: or maybe Rain's new position as an entertainment soldier has something to do with it, since he can promote (?) the movie already. :)

Some Cast of the movie Pic

*quoted image*

anjjo, the movie producer has been changing the scheduled release from time to time of this movie already ever since, which made me confused all the time. So, I better not comment about the release - We'll just wait & see. :unsure:

[24-Feb-12][dailychilli News].K-pop star Rain to serve as entertainment soldier

Source: Agencies//dailychilli / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

rain2.jpg

Korean pop superstar Rain is taking a rain check on frontline soldiering.

The singer/actor will serve as an 'entertainment soldier' for the remainder of his two years of compulsory military service, the defence ministry said on Friday.

Rain will appear in television and radio programmes of the Korean Forces Network, a broadcaster run by the ministry to boost morale, and take part in weekly concert tours to military units across the country.

25.Feb02.12[Calendar]BI Rain 3March calendar .gif

by wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

3.gif

[Feb-27-2012]Rain makes the rank of private first class a month ahead of time, His cute pictures are released.

English translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

20120227103518146.jpg

Pictures showing what Rain (attached to the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry

of Defence) recently has done, is released.

Pictures which show Rain serving in his unit, have recently been posted on a portal

community site and his friend's Twitter.

In each picture, with a shining countenance or with a funny expression Rain is posing for

a picture with his friends. In particular, Rain is seen being promoted to a private first class,

which attracts the attention.

It's normal for soldiers enlisted last October to gain advancement on March 1st,

5 months after their enlistment, but Rain's been selected as an ultra warrior in a recruit

training center by passing a test by doing more than 72 pushups and 82 sit-ups in two

minutes, and by clocking less than 12m 30s in 3km sprint, which is why he made the rank

of private first class a month ahead of time (February 1st), contrary to other soldiers.

Meanwhile, Rain enlisted in 306 Supplement in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do last October 11th,

served in a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division after his 8 week boot

training (5 weeks in a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division, and 3 weeks in

the 2nd recruit training center), but singer Rain, singer 'Kim Sung Won', actor 'Kim Jae

Wook', and actor 'Im Joo Howan', were shortlisted as entertainment soldiers by the

Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence on the 23rd.

These soldiers selected after being approved by the Defense Ministry, will do promotional

work for the national defense as a support group belonging to the Defense Ministry

starting in March.

Entertainment soldiers usually work on military TV and radio, or visit each of army bases

to give a morale-boosting concert. The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of

Defence have great expectations about the activities of the new talented individuals

selected, who can minimize a vacuum caused by the discharge of both singer Andy

(Lee Sun Ho) and actor 'Lee Joon Ki', and who can fill in for actor 'Kim Ji Seok' and actor

'Lee Dong Gun' with little time left in the army.

Especially, Rain is expected to spearhead a concert tour internationally as well as

domestically. The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence also plans to

conduct activities overseas by visiting overseas armed forces installations to give a

morale-boosting concert. etc.

Credit to Newsen http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?cateid=1033&newsid=20120227103518427&p=newsen

[movie synopsis] Soar Into The Sun was prepped for screening at the AFM 2011.

Source: www.cjent.co.kr AFM 2011 newsletter. Cap by Cloud USA.) / Stephe - rain-cloud.co.kr/

According to this entry from CJ Entertainment's American Film Market 2011 newsletter last year, Rain's upcoming blockbuster movie 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 (pronounced bisang [bisang]: taeyang-gakkai) a.k.a. Soar Into The Sun, was prepped and ready for a 13- minute promotional screening at the eight-day annual AFM in Santa Monica, California back in November. Other films on the docket with Soar were My Way, Tarbosaurus, Sector 7, Hindsight, and Quick.

We hope the screening went well! ^@@^

-- written by Stephe @Cloud USA ^@@^

SoarIntoTheSunAMF2011%5FCUSA.JPG

*quoted image*

[국방홍보원 홈페이지]

member.

*quoted image*

[국방홍보원(홍보지원대)트위터]

@demaclub

[위문열차 공식 트위터]

@kfn_train

Thank you.

[Feb-25-2012]Shouldn't Rain start his overseas tour by the military command?

Nothing's definite yet though.

*quoted image*

Singer Rain in the midst of his World Tour before his enlistment.

-Focusing on Rain-

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, revealed on the 24th that

they picked singer Rain, music group 'The Untouchable's member 'Kim Sung Won',

actor 'Kim Jae Wook', and actor 'Im Joo Howan' as entertainment soldiers.

Rain who served in a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division as a teaching

assistant after his enlistment last October, asked the Publicity Department to allow the

change of his position, and then he passed the final interview on the afternoon of the

23rd.

The selected soldiers will start working on military TV and radio, and will visit each of army

bases to give a morale-boosting concert every week beginning March 1st. They are

expected to contribute minimizing a vacuum caused by the recent discharge of both

singer Andy (Lee Sun Ho) and actor Lee Joon Ki.

And now the Publicity Department are more likely to let world star Rain come to the

forefront of the publicity work - most probably they'll let him visit overseas armed forces

installations to help boost soldier morale, which attracts great attention.

Publicity department officials say, "A couple of concerts are scheduled to promote

friendship with foreign countries including Vietnam in early March this year."

And they added, "Nothing has been decided yet regarding whether Rain plans to attend

the event, schedule, location, etc. but I personally think he deserves to attend."

Meanwhile, Rain's seniors 'Kim Sung Won', 'Kim Jae Wook', and 'Im Joo Howan' who

have served in a military band belonging to the 28th Division, an engineering battalion

belonging to the 5th Division, and in a unit belonging to the 23rd Division, respectively,

will transfer to the The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence the way he

does.

Credit to Edaily http://news.nate.com/view/20120224n17623

anjjo, I think his rank in the military as a Private first class army (PFC) will be higher before he'll be discharged next year. And when RAIN will be discharged next year, he’ll be given a “discharge card” by the Army Chief of Staff. This will show that he has completed his duties as a soldier. All celebrities who finished their MS have this card. His new position right now is really cool news. I’m sure RAIN is excited about his new position in the military & his new station as well. :lol:

bbly, I’m ridiculously excited for the movie to be out. It’s going to be awesome. :lol:

Soar Into The Sun

credit : as tagged || DC

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

jini, the poster is too good. RAIN is sexy! He bursts with charm. It’s eye-catching in its own way. What’s even more stunning is the AF uniform. Body, charisma and attitude – he’s the only one who’s got it all. RAIN and KSS are smokin’ hot. I figured that they would burn the screen…hehehe. Beautiful, sexy people in AF piece clothing just can’t be beat. I hope & pray that it will be a hit in Korea. This has been my most anticipated movie of 2012 thus far! I can never get enough of this movie. I really really just want to watch this movie! :lol:

*** anjjo, if you have also some captures from Ijuksa, can you please share it with us here? (if I'm not asking too much, dear -) I missed this drama.........So approved of this pairing….. I hope they could collaborate again in the future - Please DO MAKE THEM HAPPEN again! :mellow:

Se7en reveals Boom was as popular as Rain during high school

2012022709330375442_1.jpg

Singer Se7en drew much attention when he confirmed MC Boom‘s claim of being as popular with the ladies as singer Rain when they were in high school.

On February 24th, Se7en guested on SBS‘s Power FM ‘Boom’s Young Street‘, where he drew memories from his high school days.

During the broadcast, Boom requested, “Please truthfully tell how popular I was at the time,” to which Se7en replied, “There were just two people who were popular amongst my freshman classmates and my female friends. Those two were Lee Min Ho (Boom) and Jung Ji Hoon (Rain). Their popularity was split exactly down the middle, it was neck and neck.”

Boom happened to be two years senior to Se7en during high school and was participating through the idol group ‘Nuclear‘ at the time. Se7en then added, “However, Boom’s popularity lasted only throughout my first year until ‘Nuclear’ disbanded,” drawing much laughter in the studio.

Source: Star News via Naver / allkpop

*** anjjo, if you have also some captures from Ijuksa, can you please share it with us here? (if I'm not asking too much, dear -) I missed this drama.........So approved of this pairing….. I hope they could collaborate again in the future - Please DO MAKE THEM HAPPEN again! :mellow:

Hi willenette, here's some collages of Rain in ALTK, which are really focused on him, later, I hope I can find more of him with Shin Minah. I love his acting in this drama, with depth and he was the epitome of masculinity in all the scenes - :wub::)

a76afc7f650f30573a9104835c5b41fe.jpg

70c0108f8fac99c1cc2a342df01524e9.jpg

bfc9dee3f5341983de6a945afa4296ea.jpg

bbf1689c33b2e69f20b69564a4c8d9a9.jpg

cd5e37c71be7dc35f7bbc77b84fbc18e.jpg

1981e57298ecbff0146faf6280eb477d.jpg

4dfff0504ea0c93cc9f21616306b6118.jpg

1e62336eebc920410de3f6b5ed6bc1e8.jpg

e592dbd6266a6a3c2277e221d1683466.jpg

9dc982962c08647f203eb9f6b41b05cf.jpg

[Pic]Rain with soldier in Military

Posted by ratoka@ memo-rain on February 27, 2012

1.jpg

cr http://twitpic.com/8pdcit

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Se7en confirms that Boom was as popular as Rain in his high school years

February 27, 2012

20120227_1330305968_66946800_1.jpg

Boom and Anyang Arts High School alumnus Se7en revealed, “Boom was as popular as Rain when we were in high school.”

On SBS Power FM’s Boom’s Young Street Radio Show that aired on February 24 on 107.7MHz, DJ Boom asked Se7en, “What do you remember about me in my high school years?” Se7en responded, “Charismatic violet hair covered by a wig.”

He said so because at that time, Boom was two years senior to Se7en and participated in the group ‘Nuclear’ at that time. He dyed his hair violet so he had to cover his hair up with a wig when he came to school.

Boom requested, “Please tell honestly how popular I was at that time.” Se7en replied, “There were only two people who were popular among my friends, especially girls. Those two were Lee Min Ho (a.k.a. Boom) and Jung Ji Hoon (a.k.a. Rain). Their popularity was split exactly down the middle, it was neck and neck.”

Se7en gave a good laugh by saying, “However, Boom’s popularity lasted for only a year when the group ‘Nuclear’ was disbanded.”

Boom’s Young Street airs every night at 8 on 107.7MHz SBS Power FM.

* Source: TV Report//en.korea.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Eng.trans]Excerpts from Rain's soldier mates' response to their

acquaintances' letters.

2012-02-28

5사단 열쇠부대 치면 연관 검색어로 치면 뭐가 나오는지 봐봐. 얘기하지 말라고 하셔서.

Do you happen to know which search word pops up immediately when you put the

keyword "열쇠부대 (unit Key)" in the search box?

I'll talk to you about this when I receive a certificate upon completion of my course of

training. Since we are ordered not to say anything about him (Rain) on the unit Key blog,

I can't bring myself to tell you the news.

참! 여기 5사단 열쇠부대에 비(정지훈)이 조교로 활동하고 있어. 멀리서밖에는 못봤는데 일단 후광 작렬이야.

완전 부럽. 나도 열심히 운동 좀 해야겠어.

Oops! Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) is serving as a teaching assistant in this unit Key attached to

the 5th Division. I just saw him from a distance, but he gave off an intense aura as if there

was a sort of halo of sanctity surrounding him. I really envy him. I'll work out hard like him.

밑층에 비가 조교로 있어 ㅋ 그래서 가끔 지나갈 때 봐.

Rain lives downstairs in my unit, and he serves as a teaching assistant..ke..So I can

sometimes see him whenever I pass by.

오늘 식당에서 비를 봤어. 잘생겼다! 키도 크고! 그래도 같은 사람인가봐~

식사를 아주 잘 하시더라구.

I saw Rain in the cafeteria today. Oh, he is very tall and handsome! It seems to be

obvious that he is no less a man than I am, though~ He was enjoying his meal very

much.

아직 조교는 아니지만 정지훈 조교님도 자주 봅니다.

I haven't been yet assigned to the teaching assistant team, but I see teaching assistant

'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain) often these days.

가수비 있다 ㅋㅋㅋ 몇 번 봤는데 개 크고 개 잘 생김.

There is singer Rain in the unit where I serves..kekeke..I've seen him a couple of times.

He is tall and handsome.

여기서 가수 비를 봤어. 내가 급식당번인데 가수 비 김치 퍼줬다구.ㅋㅋㅋ. 나랑 별 차이 없더라..키랑 덩치랑 얼굴

빼면 별차이 없음..ㅋㅋㅋ

I saw singer Rain here. I gave me a helping of Kimchi when it was my turn to cook..

kekeke..There seemed to be little difference between him and me.

Excluding height, body, and face, there is little difference between him and me..kekeke.

나 오늘 '비‘(정지훈) 봤어요 비! 똑같이 생김. 등판이 장난이 아님.

I saw Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) today!! He looked as impressive in actuality as he did on TV.

He really looked awesome from the back.

내가 페북에 써달라는 거 뒤에다가 (좋은점은 비가 조교로 있다!) 라고 써줘 ㅋㅋ

Please post, "There is Rain who serves as a teaching assistant on the credit side", to the

message board of Face Book...keke..

일단 비도 우리 부대에 있었어.. 12중대 조교로 일하고 있는데 나는 10중대로 별로 마주칠 일이 없어서 지나가다

가 2번 봤지 ㅋㅋ 쓰다가 밥먹으러 나갔는데 또 봤엉 ㅋ

Rain serves in the same unit where I do. He serves as a teaching assistant attached to

the 12th Company, while I'm attached to the 10th Company, so we rarely run into each

other. But I saw him twice..keke..

Going to the cafeteria to eat meal while I was writing, I saw him again..ke..

어제 정지훈 이병을 바로 코앞에서 봤는데 걍군인이네요~~

I saw Rain at close quarters yesterday, and he was just a soldier~~

우리 훈련소에 비 있다.. 두 번 정도 봤어. 레알 그냥 눈 작고 키 큰 조교야.

Rain serves as a teaching assistant in the recruit training center where I'm trained.

I saw him a couple of times. He is tall and just a plain teaching assistant whose eyes are

small.

여기서 정지훈 (비) 조교로 있는데 키고 크고 생긴건 좀 잘 생겼더라

'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain) serves in the same unit where I do, and he is really tall and

handsome.

Re-posted and edited by 프리지아님 (Freesia) @ benamoo

Hi willenette, here's some collages of Rain in ALTK, which are really focused on him, later, I hope I can find more of him with Shin Minah. I love his acting in this drama, with depth and he was the epitome of masculinity in all the scenes - :wub::)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Se7en confirms that Boom was as popular as Rain in his high school years

February 27, 2012

*quoted image*

Boom and Anyang Arts High School alumnus Se7en revealed, “Boom was as popular as Rain when we were in high school.”

On SBS Power FM’s Boom’s Young Street Radio Show that aired on February 24 on 107.7MHz, DJ Boom asked Se7en, “What do you remember about me in my high school years?” Se7en responded, “Charismatic violet hair covered by a wig.”

He said so because at that time, Boom was two years senior to Se7en and participated in the group ‘Nuclear’ at that time. He dyed his hair violet so he had to cover his hair up with a wig when he came to school.

Boom requested, “Please tell honestly how popular I was at that time.” Se7en replied, “There were only two people who were popular among my friends, especially girls. Those two were Lee Min Ho (a.k.a. Boom) and Jung Ji Hoon (a.k.a. Rain). Their popularity was split exactly down the middle, it was neck and neck.”

Se7en gave a good laugh by saying, “However, Boom’s popularity lasted for only a year when the group ‘Nuclear’ was disbanded.”

Boom’s Young Street airs every night at 8 on 107.7MHz SBS Power FM.

* Source: TV Report//en.korea.com

Hi anjjo, thanks for granting my request for posting some captures of Ijuksa here. Me, too - I love his acting in the series. It's just too sad that Korea isn't that ready yet to accept a genre like this, audience there seems to prefer a happy-ending stories, but who wouldn't, huh? Well, despite the sad ending of this drama the plot is very good, bias aside. :lol:

Thanks for sharing this article about what Se7en revealed.....My other man is such a humble person - hehehe. Maybe he's also popular, he just didn't want to mention it. I'm sure he took that place when Boom was nowhere in the picture already after a year. :lol::D