Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

***anjjo, when you posted these old captures from FH, I also remember his last drama, Fugitive.....As much as I love the OST of this series I also like the (2) tracks sang by MBLAQ in Fugitive. The songs are amazing! Although the beats are fast but the songs go to the heart! It suited to the coolness of the drama. It also suited to the vocals of MBLAQ. :lol:

willenette, here's a news about MBLAQ, mentioning Rain with high esteem - :wub:

[16-Jan-12][Nate]MBLAQ confesses "It's Burdensome, We Shouldn't Damage Rain's Reputation"

[01-17]

MBLAQ, in a recent interview while recording their appearance on Mnet MIC, revealed their thoughts about their sunbae and president, singer Rain.

MBLAQ said, "We have always respected Rain very much. He is an outstanding all-rounded artist. In the very beginning, we prepared for our debut, holding him as our goal toward success, but we found that after we debuted, even though we didn't smear Rain's name, but we are really too far away from him.

When asked about which member was most popular in different countries, G.O said, "Lee Joon is very popular in Japan. Mir, maybe because he looks like Ronaldo*, is very popular in Brazil. Seungho and Thunder are very popular in Taiwan and Thailand, as for milky-skinned me, I'm popular all around the world."

Furthermore, Seungho also revealed that he's putting in a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to diet, "While preparing for this time's new album I also started dieting. Because I was too hungry but was afraid to eat, I sang every line with blood, sweat, and tears in these tracks. But the results of dieting are very good, my V-Line has come out."

The special recording of MIC with MBLAQ, including talk about the preparation for the new album, interesting incidents behind the scenes of broadcasts and funny incidents with their overseas fans, will be shown on the 15th.

T/N: Ronaldo is a very famous retired Brazilian soccer player.

Source: Nate ; MBLAQChina

Translated/Reuploaded: crispee@mblaqattack.net

mblaq.jpg

credit:ratoka@ RAINLEGEND

---------------------------------------------------------------

Pics of Rain from Fugitve

c0047605_0451445.jpg

c0047605_0452458.jpg

c0047605_0453240.jpg

c0047605_0453877.jpg

c0047605_0454381.jpg

credit:as tagged

photo

2012-01-14

Saranghe Bi!

*quoted image*

credit:SarangheBi@rain-cloud.co.kr

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting this nice & cool artwork. The many faces of RAIN………… He’s showing a variety of different charms - I like that..... :sweatingbullets:

[16-Jan-12][Nate]MBLAQ confesses "It's Burdensome, We Shouldn't Damage Rain's Reputation"

[01-17]

MBLAQ, in a recent interview while recording their appearance on Mnet MIC, revealed their thoughts about their sunbae and president, singer Rain.

MBLAQ said, "We have always respected Rain very much. He is an outstanding all-rounded artist. In the very beginning, we prepared for our debut, holding him as our goal toward success, but we found that after we debuted, even though we didn't smear Rain's name, but we are really too far away from him.

When asked about which member was most popular in different countries, G.O said, "Lee Joon is very popular in Japan. Mir, maybe because he looks like Ronaldo*, is very popular in Brazil. Seungho and Thunder are very popular in Taiwan and Thailand, as for milky-skinned me, I'm popular all around the world."

Furthermore, Seungho also revealed that he's putting in a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to diet, "While preparing for this time's new album I also started dieting. Because I was too hungry but was afraid to eat, I sang every line with blood, sweat, and tears in these tracks. But the results of dieting are very good, my V-Line has come out."

The special recording of MIC with MBLAQ, including talk about the preparation for the new album, interesting incidents behind the scenes of broadcasts and funny incidents with their overseas fans, will be shown on the 15th.

*quoted image*

Thanks for posting this article here + the video. Nice words from the boys for their mentor. This is also one of the reasons why I love the boys because they respect RAIN very much. I always wish the best for them! Good luck to their album & oh, I love their last MV. It showed me that good plot-based music videos do exist, and continue to. Upon watching the MV, the benefits are obvious: for me: it’s the chance for the boys to shine as actors - hehehe and they can push concepts to new levels. I admit I enjoyed quite a lot of it, the blood in LJ’s face. I expect more of their upcoming music videos will become more and more extravagant. But, please - I don't proclaim to be an expert, huh? I just don’t like very long MVs – I hate ones that there was too much story when I just wanted to hear is the song. I just want a simple but a classy MV. Well, if any of these MVs can score RAIN I doubt I really don’t care or anyone here will care how long the MV is - hahaha. :lol:

photo

Rain Teddy Bears

Credit : Rainstorm blog / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

teddy.jpg

*****This is one hot list because aside from RAIN, LMH, WB & HB are really great. :sweatingbullets:

Best 7 Actors who are liked by foreign fans

Arirang had conducted a poll recently for foreigners to choose their top 7 favourite artists.

Check out the result !

My link

Source : gokpop

[Eng.trans] Brief news related to Rain who serves in the

military.

2012-01-12

친구가 연천 OO기관에서 거의 7년째 일하고 있어그 기관에 비느부대 장병들이 가끔 봉사하러 나온다고 아쉽지만

아직 비느는 봉사나온적은 없고 ㅋㅋ이런 저런 얘기를 듣나봐

부대앞 국수집 옥상에 올라가면 부대안이 조금 보이는데 비느 입대하고 얼마 안되서 국수집 사장님이 훈련하는거를 보니

멀리서도 비느는 빛이나서 알아보겠다고 했다하네 . 그걸 듣고 그 옥상에 얼마나 올라가고 싶던지 ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

그리고 최근 들은 소식은 내 친구가 몇 년을 일했어도 그런 적이 없는데 비느가 입대하고 나서는 전곡과 연천 곳곳에 입대

를 축하한다는 현수막이 여기저기 걸려있다고 ㅋㅋ7년동안 그런거 걸린 것을 본적이 없는데 비느가 입대하고 그런거라며

다시 한번 비느의 위엄을 느낌.

친구기관에 직원들 중에 근처부대 가족들이 몇 있는데 비느는 적응 잘하고 이쁨 받고 생활 잘 한다는 얘기를 들었음.

1. It's been 7 years since my friend worked in a public institution nearby a military unit

where Rain serves in Yeoncheon.

According to her a couple of days ago, soldiers belonging to the unit sometimes

volunteer at the institution, but she's never seen Rain participate in the volunteer work

yet. Like this, they wonder when they can see Rain there, etc.

2. If you go up on the roof of a building that houses a restaurant that serves noodle (the

restaurant is right across the unit), you can dimly see the interior of the unit.

The restaurant owner said, "I was able to see Rain being trained for a couple of days after

he was enlisted. Rain was able to be recognized immediately from far away, because he

gave off an intense aura so that he stood out among his group." Then I was dying to go

up on the roof.

3. My friend told me the latest news, "Not like usual, there are banners saying

'Congratulations on your entering the military' all over the streets in Jeongok and

Yeoncheon. I have never seen such a sight even though I've worked for 7 years.

The reason for this is that Rain has joined the army."

I think it proves that his presence itself exerts influence on the region.

4. She added, "Some of those who are with the institution, are part of the family of career

soldiers belonging to units nearby it, They say that Rain gets used to things, he has the

full confidence of the soldiers, and he does very well in the military.

Credit to http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=318407&page=1&bbs=

English translation by rain bird @ rain-eu@rain-cloud.co.kr

anjjo, Lunar New Year is nearing………This is a very important holiday for Koreans and almost everyone travels back to their hometown to be with their families. Generally, almost all retail stores and businesses will close for at least 2 - 3 days during this time, so there's really not much to do other than be at home. Aish…….I hope RAIN could at least spend this special time with his family & loved-ones already. :unsure:

(saehae bog manh-i bad-euseyo) - Happy New Year!

Rain JVJQ picture

2012-01-14

credit as tagged//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

I just read recently an article about face reading. It says that Your future is in your face. Looking at this picture you posted, look at his high forehead - RAIN has a high forehead, which means a great deal of intelligence. :lol:

Hi willenette, this is intriguing, do you think the man in the pic is Rain?

maybe BI Rain !!!!

2012-01-16

by wawalalal@http://rain-cloud.co.kr

Previously seen a photograph, this is like BI Rain Yeah .... I do think too much

by @MonkeyHeadHIHI:早前看到的一張照片, 這個很像雨大人呀....是我想太多了嗎 //weibo

*quoted image*

As I looked at this soldier you posted, I’ve read just a while ago this article reporting that half-naked more than 200 South Korean soldiers train for winter war this week as they stripped off their shirts, flung snow on each other and walked through an ice-encrusted stream - all part of drills to hone endurance. Push-ups in the snow were also part of the winter drill by Special Forces soldiers. They are holding this drill to be able to survive in the enemy's camp, overcome freezing cold weather - 20 deg C below zero in the mountain area. I heard tension remains high in SK up to now. Wondering how's RAIN right now, huh? I miss him! <_<

[01-17]

*quoted image*

Although Rain is kinda out of reach right now...but knowing these guys are doing well just feels right. :lol:

***For sure, RAIN misses his home very much! Ahhh……….why not - that is a real home sweet home! It's a huge house compared to barracks where he is right now. What I'd give to live in a house like that. As what the cliché’ says: “You only live once." – so, if I also have lots of money why not stay in an expensive home, huh? Having lots of money make life easier. Aish…..if only I could win the lottery.... my life would change. Definitely, he also misses his cars & bike....... :lol:

Arirang TV reveals 'Top 7 actors who are loved by foreign fans'

Jan

11%283%29.jpg

On January 15th, Arirang TV has released the "Top 7 actors who are loved by foreign fans". The ranking was based in a survey conducted via Arirang's website which was participated by foreign fans from different countries around the world.

Top 7 Actors

1. Hyun Bin

2. Jang Geun Seuk

3. Rain

4. Park Yoochun (JYJ)

5. Won Bin

6. Choi Siwon (Super Junior)

7. Lee Minho

Source:dkpopnews

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Survey: Foreign fans pick favorite Korean actors

January 17, 2012,

ko_9.jpg

(Clockwise from top left) Hyun Bin, Jang Geun Suk, Rain, Siwon, Won Bin and Yoochun (Photos courtesy of www.newsen.com)

MANILA, Philippines – Arirang TV held an online survey among its foreign viewers and asked them to pick their favorite Korean actors.

Topping the list is actor Hyun Bin, who is described by Arirang TV as an “actor with a thousand faces.”

Hyun Bin started as an actor in Korea in 2003 but it was his role in the hit drama series “My Name is Kim Sam Soon” that brought him fame.

In 2010, he starred in “Secret Garden” which also became a hit and brought him numerous acting actors. Last year, Hyun Bin enlisted in the Korean military and is expected to be discharged in December this year.

Following Hyun Bin is young actor and singer Jang Geun Seuk. He started as a child actor in Korea in 1997.

Jang Geun Suk is best known for his role as a band leader in the drama “You’re Beautiful.” Last year, he released a single in Japan, which debuted at No. 1 spot on the Oricon chart.

Asian pop star Rain is third on the list. He is one of the few Korean stars who have successfully crossed over from singing to acting. He also debuted in Hollywood through the film “Speed Racer” in 2008. He enlisted in the Korean military last October.

Fourth on the list is Yoochun of boy band JYJ. Yoochun made his acting debut in 2005 through the TV series “Rainbow Romance.” In 2010, he starred in “Sungkyunkwan Scandal,” which won him the best new actor awards in the KBS Drama Awards and in the 47th Paeksang Arts Awards. Last year, he starred in “Miss Ripley.”

“Sungkyunkwan Scandal” will be aired in the Philippines this year on ABS-CBN.

Next on the list is Won Bin, who debuted in Korea in 1997. Won Bin became a household name through the drama “Autumn Fairy Tale,” which became a hit in Asia including the Philippines.

In 2010, he starred in “The Man from Nowhere,” which won him several best actor awards in Korea.

Following Won Bin is heartthrob Siwon, member of boy band Super Junior. Siwon is one of the most popular members of the boy band.

He made his debut as an actor in 2004 through the drama “Precious Family.” He got his leading role in 2007 through the drama “Legend of Hyang-dan.”

In 2010, he starred in “Oh! My Lady” and “Athena: Goddess of War” and last year, he starred in “Poseidon.”

The No. 7 most favorite Korean actor on the list is Lee Min Ho. He is best known for his starring role in the hit drama series “Boys over Flowers” in 2009.

The drama made Lee Min Ho a household name and brought him numerous endorsement deals.

In 2010, he starred in “Personal Preference” and last year, he essayed the leading role in “City Hunter,” which will also be shown in the Philippines this year on ABS-CBN.

Source:mb.com.ph

Jan

*quoted image*

On January 15th, Arirang TV has released the "Top 7 actors who are loved by foreign fans". The ranking was based in a survey conducted via Arirang's website which was participated by foreign fans from different countries around the world.

Top 7 Actors

1. Hyun Bin

2. Jang Geun Seuk

3. Rain

4. Park Yoochun (JYJ)

5. Won Bin

7. Lee Minho

January 17, 2012,

*quoted image*

(Clockwise from top left) Hyun Bin, Jang Geun Suk, Rain, Siwon, Won Bin and Yoochun (Photos courtesy of www.newsen.com)

MANILA, Philippines – Arirang TV held an online survey among its foreign viewers and asked them to pick their favorite Korean actors.

Topping the list is actor Hyun Bin, who is described by Arirang TV as an “actor with a thousand faces.”

Hyun Bin started as an actor in Korea in 2003 but it was his role in the hit drama series “My Name is Kim Sam Soon” that brought him fame.

In 2010, he starred in “Secret Garden” which also became a hit and brought him numerous acting actors. Last year, Hyun Bin enlisted in the Korean military and is expected to be discharged in December this year.

Following Hyun Bin is young actor and singer Jang Geun Seuk. He started as a child actor in Korea in 1997.

Jang Geun Suk is best known for his role as a band leader in the drama “You’re Beautiful.” Last year, he released a single in Japan, which debuted at No. 1 spot on the Oricon chart.

Asian pop star Rain is third on the list. He is one of the few Korean stars who have successfully crossed over from singing to acting. He also debuted in Hollywood through the film “Speed Racer” in 2008. He enlisted in the Korean military last October.

Fourth on the list is Yoochun of boy band JYJ. Yoochun made his acting debut in 2005 through the TV series “Rainbow Romance.” In 2010, he starred in “Sungkyunkwan Scandal,” which won him the best new actor awards in the KBS Drama Awards and in the 47th Paeksang Arts Awards. Last year, he starred in “Miss Ripley.”

Next on the list is Won Bin, who debuted in Korea in 1997. Won Bin became a household name through the drama “Autumn Fairy Tale,” which became a hit in Asia including the Philippines.

In 2010, he starred in “The Man from Nowhere,” which won him several best actor awards in Korea.

Following Won Bin is heartthrob Siwon, member of boy band Super Junior. Siwon is one of the most popular members of the boy band.

He made his debut as an actor in 2004 through the drama “Precious Family.” He got his leading role in 2007 through the drama “Legend of Hyang-dan.”

In 2010, he starred in “Oh! My Lady” and “Athena: Goddess of War” and last year, he starred in “Poseidon.”

The No. 7 most favorite Korean actor on the list is Lee Min Ho. He is best known for his starring role in the hit drama series “Boys over Flowers” in 2009.

The drama made Lee Min Ho a household name and brought him numerous endorsement deals.

In 2010, he starred in “Personal Preference” and last year, he essayed the leading role in “City Hunter,” which will also be shown in the Philippines this year on ABS-CBN.

I think that 3rd rank isn't that bad looking at all the ones who are listed. After all, Rain's last drama had only modest success and his movie wasn't release yet.

12-01-17[Cloud Notice]A postscript of the food support event in celebration of the 100th day of the military service of Pte "Jung Ji Hoon" (Rain) as a teaching assistant.

This food support event was in celebration of the 100th day of Rain's military service, and it was to boost his morale.

We tried our best to produce good results, even if only for a brief time.

Some snacks provided by Japanese members were packaged with things prepared by the Cloud side, and the parcel was sent to the unit where Rain serves.

We thank all those who have helped us both physically and spiritually, and the receipt will be shown soon.

(The parcel was delivered while both snacks for Rain alone and snacks for his mates were put in a box.)

*준비과정 & 포장모습 : preparation & packing

*아티스트를 위해 준비한 간식 : snacks for Rain

*부대원들을 위한 간식 : snacks for his mates

*낱개로 들어가는 과자들을 작은 스낵백안에 따로 포장한 모습입니다 :

Cookies are in a small bag after they are independently packed.

*큰 지퍼백에 작은 스낵백과 그 외 다른 들어가는 모든 과자들을 포장한 최종 모습입니다 :

Big zipper bags containing small bags containing all cookies.

*최종 택배박스 포장 모습

The packed boxes are on the verge of being delivered.

*포장시에 쓰인 스티커 도안입니다. 도안을 보내주신 분들께 감사합니다.

The designed stickers posted on the wrapping papers.

Thanks are due to all those who worked so hard to design the stickers.

간식목록 (The snack list)

아티스트 개인 간식 (Snacks only for Rain):

Mini chupa chups

Blueberry

Cafe musica cookie

Amond chocolate

Beef jerky

Poca chip

1kg of Amond flakes

source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/b ... _what=&keyword=

googdsnewest.jpg

credit:ratoka@RAINLEGEND

-----------------------------------------------------------------

120116 Coupang_ Wow Project Season 1

2012-01-17

Credit: Coupang // cap by scorpiola@rain-cloud.co.kr

bg_deliver_delay_main_top%5B1%5D.png

Credit: nate

20120117_co_cys.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain caps at Full House

c0047605_8201461.jpg

c0047605_8202038.jpg

c0047605_8202530.jpg

c0047605_8203061.jpg

12-01-17[Cloud Notice]A postscript of the food support event in celebration of the 100th day of the military service of Pte "Jung Ji Hoon" (Rain) as a teaching assistant.

This food support event was in celebration of the 100th day of Rain's military service, and it was to boost his morale.

Some snacks provided by Japanese members were packaged with things prepared by the Cloud side, and the parcel was sent to the unit where Rain serves.

We thank all those who have helped us both physically and spiritually, and the receipt will be shown soon.

(The parcel was delivered while both snacks for Rain alone and snacks for his mates were put in a box.)

*최종 택배박스 포장 모습

간식목록 (The snack list)

Mini chupa chups

Blueberry

Cafe musica cookie

Amond chocolate

Beef jerky

Poca chip

1kg of Amond flakes

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this Notice from Cloud. TODAY is the 100-days of RAIN inside the military. And after serving 100 days inside the army, recruits/soldiers usually are granted another vacation for about 1-week to spend this with their loved-ones. I hope RAIN could do it this time - shall we wait & see again? About these snack lists, most of them looked so familiar to me since I've tried eating them, too. :rolleyes:

photo

12-01-17 Rain Coupang new event

source : ccoupang // cap by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

coupang%283%29.jpg

[article][Rain/Anchor Ice] Beer makers binge on ads.

Credit : Stephe - rain-cloud.co.kr/

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/index.php/2012011753964/Business/beer-makers-binge-on-ad-spend.html

5%281%29.jpg

Don Weinland

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Whether it is dancing pop stars or plays on national pride, dramatically increasing budgets for beer advertising took Cambodia’s TV sets and public spaces by storm in 2011.

Beer advertising surged 164 per cent year-on-year in 2011, according to data from Indochina Research Ltd, making it one of the fastest-growing areas in Cambodian advertising.

Beer companies spent more than US$5 million on advertising in Cambodia in 2011, $1 million more than ads for cars or food products – and insiders say the beer ad figure is set to continue to increase this year.

In 2011 there were also some of Cambodia’s biggest TV advertising campaigns, attempts from the increasing number of market contenders to brand their brews.

“Beer has definitely become an important part of [the advertising industry],” Mean Samol, Cambodia Brewery Ltd’s deputy marketing manager, said yesterday.

“Beer [advertising] is becoming more and more competitive right now.”

Indochina Research data showed that Thailand’s Boon Rawd Trading International Co Ltd, which owns Leo Beer and Singha Beer, was the biggest beer advertising spender at more than $2 million last year.

Cambodia Brewery Ltd spent about $1.1 million on advertising for Anchor Beer, ABC Stout and Tiger Beer last year, the data showed.

Boon Rawd’s Leo Beer was the ninth-biggest advertising spender among companies and products. Mobile service provider Cellcard spent $2.7 million on ads last year, making it the biggest-spending company.

The newest comer, Khmer Brewery Ltd, hit the market hard in the second half of 2011 with about $512,000 spent on its single product, Cambodia Beer.

One insider said the company will most likely spend more than $1 million on airtime alone in 2012.

Chris Ngiau, Khmer Brewery’s commercial manager, said Cambodia Beer’s advertising budget is poised to be one of the biggest in the country in the next two to three years.

“We will be very aggressive in the next few years,” he said yesterday.

Cambodia Beer kicked off a TV ad campaign with strong nationalistic tones when the brewery launched in early November of last year. In the ad, thousands of Cambodian people join together to form the facade of Preah Vihear temple, the site of a violent border conflict between Cambodia and Thailand less than one year earlier.

“As a symbol there’s nothing more patriotic and more nationalistic than Preah Vihear temple. It just so happens that it’s also on the label of the beer. So we thought this would be the best way to capture this pride,” said Peter Sutherland, executive creative director at River Orchid Advertising, which handled Cambodia Beer’s TV campaign.

“The other thing going for us is the name: Cambodia Beer. You can’t get more Cambodian than that.”

Garnering patriotism is no novel concept in Cambodian beer marketing. Angkor Beer has long used the slogan “My County, My Beer”.

Anchor Beer’s TV advertising campaign in 2011 focused largely on “fun and enjoyment” and incorporated a Hollywood director and Korean pop star Rain, Cambodia Brewery’s Mean Samol said.

Even this ad, however, struck a nationalistic chord with Cambodian viewers, as the world-famous singer says “hello” in the Cambodian language, he said.

“The most important part is that he’s an international star but he’s speaking Khmer,” Mean Samol said, adding that other aspects of last year’s campaign focused on environmental protection, which can also translate into Cambodian pride.

Inside sources said the Anchor ad was Cambodia’s most expensive beer commercial in terms of production costs.

Angkor Beer, which spent about $314,000 on beer advertising last year, ran a TV ad campaign that showed Cambodians helping each other, while Leo Beer’s commercial featured a Cambodian hip-hop star playing football.

At more than $17.6 million as of December 2011, spending on beverage advertising outweighed telecommunications ads by about $4.5 million, according to the data.

Advertising in Cambodia was a more than $100-million industry in 2011, growing 34 per cent compared to the year before, data showed.

Beverage ads hit the number one spending spot in 2010.

Siblings Go Eun Ah & MBLAQ’s Mir explain how their stage names were created

1326812978_260556.jpg

On the January 17th episode of SBS ‘Strong Heart‘, siblings Go Eun Ah and Mir of MBLAQ shared the stories behind their stage names.

Many of the guests that featured on the episode revealed that they were using stage names, including Mir. The idol admitted that his real birth name was Bang Chul Yong, and the guests grew curious as to what Go Eun Ah’s real name could be.

“My story may sound appalling, but my agency CEO really liked Go So Young and Shim Eun Ha at the time of my debut. So, we combined their names to create ‘Go Eun Ha’ for me,” she began.

“So we decided on ‘Go Eun Ha’, but a reporter mistakenly published a story on me, spelling my name ‘Go Eun Ah’, and I’ve been Go Eun Ah ever since,” she explained. She could not hide her disappointment as she continued to say, “But they said that the ‘H’ needed to be included in my name in order for me to be successful…”

Mir also said that his story was a bit appalling. “Rain sunbaenim came into our rehearsal room, pointing at me and said, “Hey, you’re Mir”, and left,” he said. “Later I looked it up, and it is a Korean word meaning ‘dragon’.”

Also on the episode were Hur Cham, Jung So Nyeo, Ahn Sun Young, Shim Jung Eun, Kang Seung Hyun, Goo Eun Ae, Kim Min Hee, Ahn Jung Hoon, Seo Jun Young, and more.

Source & Image : TVDaily via Nate / allkpop

***I want to share this article from Hancinema here though quite old but, I don't think this was posted here..... :unsure:

The Ideal Young Korean Male -- Revealed

news9961.jpg

A plastic surgeon has published a composite image of the ideal male Korean face. Rhee Seung-chul, the head of plastic surgery at Hanil General Hospital, made the image from the faces of 16 Korean Wave stars. Rhee had earlier done the same thing for women by making a composite image of 19 female stars.

The ideal Korean male consists of bits and pieces from Kang Dong-won, kwon Sang-woo, Kim Rae-won, Mun Jeong-hyeok (Eric Moon), Bae Yong-joon, Jung Ji-hoon (Rain), Song Il-gook, Won Bin, Lee Wan, Jang Dong-gun, Jae Hee, Jo In-Seong, Jo Hyeon-jae, Ji Seong, Ji Jin-hee, and Hyeon Bin? all of them popular not only in Korea but in China and Japan as well. He analyzed their faces with a computer program called BAPA, for "balanced angular and proportional analysis". The result is a slim face with chiseled cheekbones and a clear chin, big eyes, a long nose and long, thin upper lip.

"According to the beauty theory that says the average of all the most preferred faces is the most beautiful, I made the new-generation handsome face by using the faces of stars that young Internet users like most", Rhee said.

Source : www.chosun.com... ( English Chinese Korean Japanese ) / gabisikfan-SIG thread

photo

Miss you so much...

Credit : rainkum - rain-cloud.co.kr/

2008-01-14_17-40-42-anime.gif

autograph.gif

g20080911-155311-24230800.gif

a33-1.gif

1-32.gif

2008-01-18_22-26-36-anime.gif

2007-09-17_16-06-55-anime.gif

2007-08-25_14-06-34-anime.gif

photo

Rain Anchor Beer poster

source : The Alchemy Partnership / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

poster.jpg

***Wondering why didn't they use RAIN's voice here, huh? The voice sounded funny - <_<

18.Jan01.12BI Rain Anchor Beer - China New Year 2012

by AlchemyPartnership1 / wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

Anchor%5FBeer%5F%2D%5FChina%5FNew%5FYear%5F2012%5F%2D%5FYouTube%2Eflv%5F000011560.jpg

My link

Guest justblaqcloud

anyone know when the movie will be released?? hope this movie become be a big hit

i have feeling he'll take his vacation time to promote his new movie

really miss him :(

I think it is worth noting that Rain is the only solo artist that was included in the top of this survey and the rest are groups. :D

[NEWS] European youths surveyed about South Korea & K-pop

Jan

bigbang-europe.jpg

132374923616013212723_443168.jpg?w=497&h=793

The Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) recently conducted a survey on the brand image of South Korea among young people in Europe. They surveyed 1208 youths, aged 18-30 years old, in five major European cities -- London, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan and Budapest.

When asked about what comes to mind they think of South Korea, the respondents answered North Korea (9%), K-Pop (6.9%) and Seoul (6.5%). Others mentioned war, Samsung, kimchi, the 2002 FIFA World Cup and taekwondo.

When asked about K-pop singers, the respondents cited BIGBANG (8.8%), BEAST (5.8%), Girls Generation (5.5%), Dong Bang Shinki (3.3%) and Rain (3.0%).

Awareness of South Korea and a preference for Korean culture and the country itself were highest in Hungary, followed by France, Italy, Britain and Germany.

Sources: KBS World, Japanese translation, French translation, Spanish translation//dkpopnews

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

photo

in the Alps

2012-01-19

credit:SarangheBi@rain-cloud.co.kr

mycollage%281%29%281%29.jpg

anyone know when the movie will be released?? hope this movie become be a big hit

i have feeling he'll take his vacation time to promote his new movie

really miss him :(

Hi justblaqcloud, based from the last report, according to distributor, CJ E&M it is due for release as early as March or by the first half of this year at the latest.. I hope the same thing as you do.....I miss him also. <_<

I think it is worth noting that Rain is the only solo artist that was included in the top of this survey and the rest are groups. :D

[NEWS] European youths surveyed about South Korea & K-pop

Jan

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

The Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) recently conducted a survey on the brand image of South Korea among young people in Europe. They surveyed 1208 youths, aged 18-30 years old, in five major European cities -- London, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan and Budapest.

When asked about what comes to mind they think of South Korea, the respondents answered North Korea (9%), K-Pop (6.9%) and Seoul (6.5%). Others mentioned war, Samsung, kimchi, the 2002 FIFA World Cup and taekwondo.

When asked about K-pop singers, the respondents cited BIGBANG (8.8%), BEAST (5.8%), Girls Generation (5.5%), Dong Bang Shinki (3.3%) and Rain (3.0%).

Awareness of South Korea and a preference for Korean culture and the country itself were highest in Hungary, followed by France, Italy, Britain and Germany.

Sources: KBS World, Japanese translation, French translation, Spanish translation//dkpopnews

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this fun poll/survey. I do agree with your words..... :lol:

photo

YAY! 100 DAYS DONE! BI,AJA AJA!

Credit : BiGrrr - rain-cloud.co.kr/

BI_100_DAYS_TEXT.jpg

120119 Rain Flight Close to The Sun picture

ource : http://www.movieweek.co.kr/article/article.html?aid=28274 / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

flight%281%29.jpg

12-01-19 KBS News - Talk about Rain

source :http://news.kbs.co.kr/culture/2012/01/19/2422249.html // Cap by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

kkbs.jpg

[Eng.trans] Excerpts from soldiers' letters to their acquaintance, in

which they talk about Rain.

2012-01-15

- 여기 비(정지훈)있다. 완전 멋있다. 간지 폭풍이다 밥먹으러 가는 모습 봤는데 으야~ 나도 저렇게 되고싶더라잉

- 여기 비도 있다! 정지훈! 키 줜나커

- 여기에 정지훈 이병님이 계셔 바로 사회에서 비! 10월에 입대한 비가 여기 있더라 ㅋㅋㅋ

청소하다가 봤는데 TV랑 똑같이 생겼어 정말 신기 하더라 ㅋ

- 비 봤는데 완전 잘생겼고 뭔가 다른 포스를 느꼈어

- Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) is here. He’s really wonderful. No human language can describe his

dignified appearance which faces every person around him down.

When I saw Rain going for a meal, I felt like doing the same thing, "That's what I want to

look like."

- Rain is also here ! "Jung Ji Hoon" ! He is very tall!

- Pte "Jung Ji Hoon" is here, who is called Bi (Rain) in society!

I've realized that there is Rain enlisted in the military last October.

When I saw him while I was cleaning, I found he looked exactly the same as he had

appeared on the TV screen. I couldn't believe my eyes.

- I saw Rain. He is very handsome, and he has something out of the common.

Re-post by

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=318501&page=3&bbs=

English translation by rain bird @ rain-eu

anjjo, although we haven't seen RAIN's picture for quite a long while now at least I'm happy that we get to read some stories about him inside the military once in a while. At least, Rain's time now after 6pm is all his.....I'm sure he gets to read more now.....And I hope he continues to study English more. You know, I really admire RAIN for giving importance to his studies before - It must be difficult doing work and school at the same time for him during that time. It’s a very hard task. When you study, you have to be more focused. That's why, you only have to choose ONE of them. I think that it's so amazing that he works so hard and still work hard in his studies. See, RAIN - you did it! Now, that he has more time with himself, I'm sure he's doing something more progressive to fully-develop himself. :lol:

Jan

*quoted image*

Top 7 Actors

1. Hyun Bin

2. Jang Geun Seuk

3. Rain

4. Park Yoochun (JYJ)

5. Won Bin

7. Lee Minho

January 17, 2012,

*quoted image*

anjjo, this illustrates just how big RAIN’s influence is. :lol:

120116 Coupang_ Wow Project Season 1

2012-01-17

Credit: Coupang // cap by scorpiola@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

Credit: nate

*quoted image*

The longer I look at RAIN at this Coupang picture with KTH the more I'm reminded of his "teens" days look also. RAIN’s trademark “single eyelid eyes’ were the same when he was young and he looks just as adorable as he does today. He looks exactly the same today. :sweatingbullets:

***Sigh...........I hope it's already 2013. I think as this year steps in there will be lots of RAIN news about his comeback projects. So curious what the 1st project he's going to do - Hollywood movie, drama or a concert. I hope there will be a fanmeet as soon as his release. I have a RAIN bias. I really hope that when it’s time for him to concentrate on his US career (being an actor/singer) he’ll do find a decent amount of success in there. I think he should try someday again and take on the challenge once again. We all know that once you make it in America you gain exposure throughout the world. This is the reason why all artists anywhere in the world not only Korean artists wish to debut in US. I don't understand why most people are upset with foreign artists trying to crack the US charts. I think it has something to do with knowing how difficult it is to crack the US market and the big possibility of failure that goes with it. Another reason why singers want to be successful in the US is simple, it has the world's largest music industry. :sweatingbullets:

*최종 택배박스 포장 모습

간식목록 (The snack list)

Mini chupa chups

Blueberry

Cafe musica cookie

Amond chocolate

Beef jerky

Poca chip

1kg of Amond flakes

*quoted image*

Rain caps at Full House

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Yes, give our Rain a lot of food so he stays strong and healthy.

Thanks for the Full House caps, it kind of makes me watch the drama again. But my Fugitive DVDs are still waiting for me.

Siblings Go Eun Ah & MBLAQ’s Mir explain how their stage names were created

*quoted image*

On the January 17th episode of SBS ‘Strong Heart‘, siblings Go Eun Ah and Mir of MBLAQ shared the stories behind their stage names.

Many of the guests that featured on the episode revealed that they were using stage names, including Mir. The idol admitted that his real birth name was Bang Chul Yong, and the guests grew curious as to what Go Eun Ah’s real name could be.

“My story may sound appalling, but my agency CEO really liked Go So Young and Shim Eun Ha at the time of my debut. So, we combined their names to create ‘Go Eun Ha’ for me,” she began.

“So we decided on ‘Go Eun Ha’, but a reporter mistakenly published a story on me, spelling my name ‘Go Eun Ah’, and I’ve been Go Eun Ah ever since,” she explained. She could not hide her disappointment as she continued to say, “But they said that the ‘H’ needed to be included in my name in order for me to be successful…”

Mir also said that his story was a bit appalling. “Rain sunbaenim came into our rehearsal room, pointing at me and said, “Hey, you’re Mir”, and left,” he said. “Later I looked it up, and it is a Korean word meaning ‘dragon’.”

Also on the episode were Hur Cham, Jung So Nyeo, Ahn Sun Young, Shim Jung Eun, Kang Seung Hyun, Goo Eun Ae, Kim Min Hee, Ahn Jung Hoon, Seo Jun Young, and more.

Source & Image : TVDaily via Nate / allkpop

Kind of nice how Rain came up with the name.

The CICI Korea Image Awards

2012/01/18

photo218319.jpg

Actor Ahn Seong-gi gives his heartfelt words of encouragement to Lee(right) at the Korea Image Awards ceremony (photo courtesy of the Corea Image Communication Institute).

Jasmine Lee received the Korea Image Stepping Stone Award at the Corea Image Communication Institute's (CICI) award ceremony in the Grand Inter Continental Seoul on January 17. CICI awarded its grand prize to the bid committee in recognition of its ceaseless spirit in successfully winning the bid to host the sporting event in Pyeongchang and its help in enhancing Korea's brand image overseas.

The CICI Korea Image Awards, in their eighth year, also awarded Jasmine Lee, who appeared in last year's hit Korean film "Punch" (Wandeugi), the Korea Image Millstone Award. A naturalized Korean of Philippine descent, Lee has been an active member of Korea's multicultural society, serving as the secretary general of Waterdrop, a charity she formed with other foreign spouses of Koreans to help migrant women in need. At the ceremony, UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and veteran actor Ahn Seong-gi gave his heartfelt words of encouragement to Lee for her role in extending a warm helping hand.

That day, the Korean popular animation character Pororo from Pororo the Little Penguin became the recipient of the Korea Image Sprout Award, an award normally given to young contributors under the age of 20. The beloved animated character has been exported to over 120 countries, creating a sensation among children across the globe.

Nearly 800 leading figures attended the awards ceremony, including Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Choe Kwang-sik and former Prime Minister Han Seung-soo.

photo218318.jpg

Participants and award recipients pose for a group photo at the CICI Korea Image Awards 2012 (photo courtesy of the Corea Image Communication Institute).

The CICI has been at the forefront of promoting Korea and facilitating international understanding of Korea in all sectors as a non-profit organization registered under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in 2003. The organization has brought together opinion leaders currently active in political, business, cultural, and academic fields from both home and abroad to map out better ways to portray the nation where traditional and state-of-the-art elements coexist.

As part of such an endeavor, the CICI has hosted the CICI Korea Image Awards annually since 2005 to recognize contributors to the brand image of Korea. Among the previous award winners include UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Maestro Chung Myung-whun, and actor-singer Rain.

The organization has been active in promoting diverse aspects of Korean culture to the international community by hosting promotional events. Last year, the CICI organized the Culture Communication Forum 2011, designed to create a dialogue between cultural leaders and Korean culture, inviting 15 leading cultural figures. For more information, please visit the official website at: http://cici.g3.cc/renew/english (Korean and English).

By Hwang Dana

Korea.net Staff Writer

Source : cici.g3.cc/renew/engl... ( English Korean )//Hancinema

In connection with this news is an old article when Rain was given the award.

He is really that special and we miss him - :wub:

2008.02.20 Rain receives award for promoting nation's image

Rain (Jung Ji-Hoon), one of the most successful and admired performers in Asia, yesterday received the 2008 Korea Image Stepping Stone Award, which is given annually by the Corea Image Communication Institute.

The awards ceremony was held in the Grand Ballroom of the Grand InterContinental Hotel in southern Seoul, during which the heartthrob singer/actor gave a mini concert. According to the CICI, a private institute which focuses on strategies for enhancing Korea's brand image, Rain was given the award for promoting a positive image of Korea via popular music.

"The event is meaningful because it reaffirms the importance of promoting Korea's image, and impresses upon the expatriates in Korea a positive image," said Choi Jung-wha, president of the CICI.

The ceremony began with her opening address, which was followed by congratulatory remarks by National Assembly Speaker Lim Chae-jung, U.S. Ambassador Alexander Vershbow, Prime Minister-designate Han Seung-Soo, and Park Jin, a lawmaker from the Grand National Party.

Following the presentation of the award, maestro Chung Myung-whun, one of last year's awardees, gave a performance of chamber music, together with violinist Dennis Kim, cellist Song Young-hoon, and violist Hung-Wei Huang.

During the event, figure skater Kim Yu-na and swimmer Park Tae-Hwan received the Korea Image Budding Youth Award.

Rain began his singing career with the release of his first solo album, "Bad Guy," in 2002, a huge success that was followed by other popular albums. He emerged as a worldwide star when Korean pop music became hugely popular in Asia and other regions a few years ago.

He launched his acting career by starring in the Korean television drama "Full House" in 2004 and then the movie "I'm a Cyborg and That's Okay" in 2006. Recently making a contract with the William Morris Agency, a more than 100-year-old New York-based major talent agency, the 26-year-old star has clinched a leading role in "Ninja Assassin," which will be produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowski Brothers, and be directed by James McTeigue, who made "V for Vendetta".

By Lee Yong-sung

(danlee@heraldm.com)

source : koreaherald

credit:fongarkad_onlyrain

--------------------------------------------------------------

photo

BI Rain gif >>> Soar : close to the sun

2012-01-20

credit: wawalalal@rain-cloud.co.kr

miss you so , i miss your cute face and lovely spirit T_______T

7a315fc7gw1dp89bd04cwg.gif