Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

I think we can relate to this -

CJ Entertainment’s English translation of Rain’s upcoming blockbuster is Soar Into The Sun.

By Stephe@Cloud USA on January 8, 2012.

*quoted image*

CJ Entertainment‘s English translation of Rain’s upcoming blockbuster is Soar Into The Sun.

And what is the significance of that, you ask? It’s significant because they are the producer and the distributor of the film. They made the movie.

They are the Powers That Be. So when they say what the film is called, the buck stops with them.

The official title of Rain’s upcoming Korean “Top Gun” blockbuster is 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 (pronounced bisang [bisang]: taeyang-gakkai). It is Korean-made with a Korean title (not an English one) for a Korean audience. The “Flight: Close To The Sun” title came from English translations made by the media of the Korean articles written about the film, which was then spread by everyone else. Which is why there were different unofficial titles being batted around all over the place, Flight, Fly, Emergency, Soar Up, et cetera—비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 can indeed translate into several different things depending on what translator you use, whether or not you’re a native Korean speaker, and who is doing the translating. And there was nothing wrong with that, really. English speakers needed some way to casually refer to the movie in our own language.

But all of that was unofficial. I’ve never heard CJ refer to the movie as “Flight: Close To The Sun”, just news sources and fans. The only official title that I’ve ever seen come from the movie’s Powers That Be was 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이.

» Until this past October 2011.

In October, CJ released their upcoming 2011-2012 film line-up in English (which was a pretty awesome thing to do!), and their official English title for the movie is Soar Into The Sun. Which is rather exciting because with them doing this, could they be gearing up to distribute the movie in a few English-speaking countries as well? We’ve been contacting our local theaters in Atlanta and requesting the movie verbally and by email for months. How about you?

(Video credit: CJ E&M / CJ Entertainment / Upload courtesy of jiwonderland0628 @YT)

skipped . . . .

Hopefully, when CJ finally fills in all the blanks and gets these pages up to speed, we’ll have a better indication of exactly when the movie is going to be released. Because guess what? The media doesn’t know squat. They’ve been merely guessing about the date in those articles they’ve been putting out.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Could CJ change their mind and end up using the “Flight” translation? Sure. They certainly could. Nothing is written in stone in the movie industry. But until they do, it’s “Soar” to us. We’re calling it whatever the people who are making it are calling it. They’re the ones who have that say.

Now, we’re not telling you what to call it. Frankly, it’s not that big of a deal how it’s casually referred to in English-speaking circles, and everyone knows what movie you’re talking about anyway no matter what name you use (unless they’ve been living under a rock for the past year). So call it whatever.

But it never hurts to be on the same page when it comes to the official side of things.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, I really hope he could actively promote the release of his movie although I know this is a very slim chance. And I think SSK hit the jackpot in being a part of this flick. Following USA and France throughout the world, South Korea has become the third nation to actually film aerial scenes through this movie. It is the first local project to feature a Boeing F-15K. It is also the first time an Asian film is portraying the Air Force. That’s why, it should win a boatload of awards, and hopefully some recognition for her too. I want to see this movie so much. :lol:

Hi willenette, thanks for posting these videos. Here are the translations -

[English translation]

2012-01-09

~0:37

They already expect that Rain can make his comeback on a soap opera called 'Four Season" soon after his military service even though he's got 19 months to retire from the army. His every move has always aroused intense interest even after his entering the military, like this.

0:39~

USA's music channel MTV listed Rain as "The Best Men’s Fashion of 2011" just recently. World star Rain is still popular even while serving in the military.

credit:화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

Rain's old Pics from ALTK

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credit:as tagged

In the video of this translation you posted we could view part of FH here.....We all know that there will be a sequel for FH but with different casts. Wondering what happened to this now, huh? I’m not really into sequels/Part 2/season 2 for that matter but keeping the original cast for a second season is always a plus for me otherwise it would suck. Whatever……….. I just hope Season 2 will be as strong as Season 1. I knew they couldn’t end it like that hehehe. The ending was a happy one! Although no RAIN there anymore, wondering what will happen in season 2 – so curious. FH was just so excellently done and the cast dynamic was so wonderful. This is one of those dramas that have a lot to go from. :sweatingbullets:

This Ijuksa captures, I believe that RAIN has developed as an actor. (And this upcoming movie will be a good role). Hmmm… I liked his image from Ijuksa - ahh…..the perfect boyfriend for me there. :sweatingbullets:

I am really curious too what will be Rain's first project when coming out of the army. He did a drama, then shot a movie. I hope it will be a one long fantastic album like Rainism.

bbly, you're curious of what will be his comeback project while hmmm........I'm curious if he’s staying with Rainy Entertainment or decide to part ways after his MS.. I’m hoping that he’ll stay with them. He may want to spread his wings in a new place with a fresh start. He maybe feels the need for change. We don’t know & can’t tell as of now. Although, I am sad that he decided to part ways with his JTune Camp family. :)

anjjo & bbly, do you still remember the Coupang Bus Ad? Wondering where is this bus running through, huh? Is this still seen up to now? Aish..........I will wait and wait for RAIN's return. :mellow:

[Eng.trans] Brief news related to Rain who serves in the

military.

2012-01-12

친구가 연천 OO기관에서 거의 7년째 일하고 있어그 기관에 비느부대 장병들이 가끔 봉사하러 나온다고 아쉽지만

아직 비느는 봉사나온적은 없고 ㅋㅋ이런 저런 얘기를 듣나봐

부대앞 국수집 옥상에 올라가면 부대안이 조금 보이는데 비느 입대하고 얼마 안되서 국수집 사장님이 훈련하는거를 보니

멀리서도 비느는 빛이나서 알아보겠다고 했다하네 . 그걸 듣고 그 옥상에 얼마나 올라가고 싶던지 ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

그리고 최근 들은 소식은 내 친구가 몇 년을 일했어도 그런 적이 없는데 비느가 입대하고 나서는 전곡과 연천 곳곳에 입대

를 축하한다는 현수막이 여기저기 걸려있다고 ㅋㅋ7년동안 그런거 걸린 것을 본적이 없는데 비느가 입대하고 그런거라며

다시 한번 비느의 위엄을 느낌.

친구기관에 직원들 중에 근처부대 가족들이 몇 있는데 비느는 적응 잘하고 이쁨 받고 생활 잘 한다는 얘기를 들었음.

1. It's been 7 years since my friend worked in a public institution nearby a military unit

where Rain serves in Yeoncheon.

According to her a couple of days ago, soldiers belonging to the unit sometimes

volunteer at the institution, but she's never seen Rain participate in the volunteer work

yet. Like this, they wonder when they can see Rain there, etc.

2. If you go up on the roof of a building that houses a restaurant that serves noodle (the

restaurant is right across the unit), you can dimly see the interior of the unit.

The restaurant owner said, "I was able to see Rain being trained for a couple of days after

he was enlisted. Rain was able to be recognized immediately from far away, because he

gave off an intense aura so that he stood out among his group." Then I was dying to go

up on the roof.

3. My friend told me the latest news, "Not like usual, there are banners saying

'Congratulations on your entering the military' all over the streets in Jeongok and

Yeoncheon. I have never seen such a sight even though I've worked for 7 years.

The reason for this is that Rain has joined the army."

I think it proves that his presence itself exerts influence on the region.

4. She added, "Some of those who are with the institution, are part of the family of career

soldiers belonging to units nearby it, They say that Rain gets used to things, he has the

full confidence of the soldiers, and he does very well in the military.

Credit to http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=318407&page=1&bbs=

English translation by rain bird @ rain-eu@rain-cloud.co.kr

-------------------------------------------------------------

photo

Rain in Adidas

2012-01-13

waiting14%281%29.jpg

credit:SarangheBi@rain-cloud.co.kr

photo

Rain in Adidas

2012-01-13

*quoted image*

credit:SarangheBi@rain-cloud.co.kr

anjjo, thanks for posting this nice & cool artwork. Ye, Waiting for RAIN!....................I’m sure months of 2013 before his discharge RAIN will be getting more offers from various dramas and movies. As this will be his first return project, I’m sure he’ll choose something that is eminently suitable for him. The comeback projects are very important for an actor after military service. They will consider their options and get back to fans as soon as possible. As of now, this is still a long way to go. He's got lots of time, so he will think about each thoroughly. I heard the reason why production companies have been calling those actors even before they are discharged is that there has been a shortage of actors, as most of male actors started their required military service at the beginning of last year. That’s why, they have to start looking for actors for their movies and dramas very far in advance. Aish……….Waiting for Rain!...I hope I could get to see RAIN on rom-com dramas again. :)

photo

13.Jan01.12[pic][vipsvips]BI Rain @ VIPS new event

source : VIPS twitter / wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

RT@vipsvipsVIPS <두번째 빕스 No.1 스테이크 클래스> 발렌타인 데이를 더욱 더 특별하게! 사랑하는 연인과 함께 하는 빕스 스테이크 만들기! 빕스 스테이크를 사랑하는 다정한 연인분들!! 지금 바로 빕스 홈페이지에서 응모하세요~! twitpic.com/86o04a

no-1.jpg?w=593&h=573

[Jan-08-2012]Rain adapts well to life in the military to perfection.

*quoted image*

Rain & Baegka

Credit to Asia Today http://news.nate.com/view/20120108n03937

Source:rain-cloud.co.kr

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think we can relate to this -

CJ Entertainment’s English translation of Rain’s upcoming blockbuster is Soar Into The Sun.

By Stephe@Cloud USA on January 8, 2012.

*quoted image*

CJ Entertainment‘s English translation of Rain’s upcoming blockbuster is Soar Into The Sun.

And what is the significance of that, you ask? It’s significant because they are the producer and the distributor of the film. They made the movie.

They are the Powers That Be. So when they say what the film is called, the buck stops with them.

The official title of Rain’s upcoming Korean “Top Gun” blockbuster is 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 (pronounced bisang [bisang]: taeyang-gakkai). It is Korean-made with a Korean title (not an English one) for a Korean audience. The “Flight: Close To The Sun” title came from English translations made by the media of the Korean articles written about the film, which was then spread by everyone else. Which is why there were different unofficial titles being batted around all over the place, Flight, Fly, Emergency, Soar Up, et cetera—비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 can indeed translate into several different things depending on what translator you use, whether or not you’re a native Korean speaker, and who is doing the translating. And there was nothing wrong with that, really. English speakers needed some way to casually refer to the movie in our own language.

But all of that was unofficial. I’ve never heard CJ refer to the movie as “Flight: Close To The Sun”, just news sources and fans. The only official title that I’ve ever seen come from the movie’s Powers That Be was 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이.

» Until this past October 2011.

In October, CJ released their upcoming 2011-2012 film line-up in English (which was a pretty awesome thing to do!), and their official English title for the movie is Soar Into The Sun. Which is rather exciting because with them doing this, could they be gearing up to distribute the movie in a few English-speaking countries as well? We’ve been contacting our local theaters in Atlanta and requesting the movie verbally and by email for months. How about you?

(Video credit: CJ E&M / CJ Entertainment / Upload courtesy of jiwonderland0628 @YT)

skipped . . . .

Hopefully, when CJ finally fills in all the blanks and gets these pages up to speed, we’ll have a better indication of exactly when the movie is going to be released. Because guess what? The media doesn’t know squat. They’ve been merely guessing about the date in those articles they’ve been putting out.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Could CJ change their mind and end up using the “Flight” translation? Sure. They certainly could. Nothing is written in stone in the movie industry. But until they do, it’s “Soar” to us. We’re calling it whatever the people who are making it are calling it. They’re the ones who have that say.

Now, we’re not telling you what to call it. Frankly, it’s not that big of a deal how it’s casually referred to in English-speaking circles, and everyone knows what movie you’re talking about anyway no matter what name you use (unless they’ve been living under a rock for the past year). So call it whatever.

But it never hurts to be on the same page when it comes to the official side of things.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, looking at this picture of RAIN & Baekga.........how come Baekga looked so old, huh? But, do you know that Baekga isn't that old - hehehe - He's only older from RAIN by (1) year. I'm happy for him & his Koyote that they became active one again. Koyote was a popular South Korean dance and hip hop group before. The group first debuted in 1999 but without Baekga yet. He joined the group in 2004. The group's catchy dance/pop songs have been their trademark. He's taking on the role as the rapper of the group. When he went for his mandatory military service last 2009. he only stayed inside the barracks for only 2-3 months on the same year since he was diagnosed with brain tumor. I'm sure you know that while on recovery after his operation, he has been working behind the scene as a photographer. That's why, It was just last year that he made a comeback with Koyote. :lol:

***I'm really anticipating RAIN's upcoming movie - but, of course, I'm also excited to see KSS. I’m a huge Kim Sung-Soo fan & looking forward to seeing him as a pilot in Flight : Close to the Sun w/ RAIN. Gosh, he’s one of the HOT & gorgeous male celebs in Korea! Kim Sung Soo is quite a dynamic performer. He was so sweet in FH. Ohhh…………”A Better Sweet Sex & Love”……… OMG! I kind of liked him in that movie too – hehehe. He was certainly impressive in these (2) projects. I wish he were in more dramas… :lol:

*** FH was actually pretty fun. :lol:

***I'm really anticipating RAIN's upcoming movie - but, of course, I'm also excited to see KSS. I’m a huge Kim Sung-Soo fan & looking forward to seeing him as a pilot in Flight : Close to the Sun w/ RAIN. Gosh, he’s one of the HOT & gorgeous male celebs in Korea! Kim Sung Soo is quite a dynamic performer. He was so sweet in FH. Ohhh…………”A Better Sweet Sex & Love”……… OMG! I kind of liked him in that movie too – hehehe. He was certainly impressive in these (2) projects. I wish he were in more dramas… :lol:

*** FH was actually pretty fun. :lol:

Hi willenette, FH is so funny. Here are the expressions and reaction of Rain in the scenes through SHK's imagination if she tries to "force her love" for him, really can't help but burst into laughter :lol::lol:

c0047605_8204430.jpg

c0047605_8205237.jpg

c0047605_8205690.jpg

c0047605_821313.jpg

c0047605_821876.jpg

c0047605_8211680.jpg

c0047605_8212489.jpg

Credit;as tagged

[Jan-15-2012] Rain rated number one as the celebrity they intend to

follow as their pacemaker in life.

2012011601000962300085111.jpg

Rain who serves in the military is rated number one as the celebrity they intend to follow

as their pacemaker in life, according to a recent survey through an online portal site,

conducted by move "Pacemaker" due for release upcoming 18th.

As Rain has ranked top while taking over sexy star "Lee Hyo Ri", "Lee Seung Ki" who is

extremely popular star in Korea, etc. and receiving a high ratio of more than 70% percent,

he is still immensely popular even during his military serve.

Pacemaker is the name for a person who strategically parachutes into various sporting

events such as marathon, swimming race, etc. and help make the favorites to win cut

down their time.

Credit to Sports Josen http://news.nate.com/view/20120115n01910

English translation by rain bird

Rain JVJQ picture

2012-01-14

credit as tagged//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain with his friend

2012-01-15

source : http://twitpic.com/877p9j

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

The lady from the CF really looks very similar to SHK! She is very pretty.

That picture showing Rain with a friend, is this recent? The guy looks like Baegka.

That picture showing Rain with a friend, is this recent? The guy looks like Baegka.

Hi bbly, yes, the model closely resembled SHK, that's why I miss FH so much. :lol:

Though we can not see Rain's hair style, I don't think this pic is recent. :unsure:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[Eng.trans] Excerpts from soldiers' letters to their acquaintance, in

which they talk about Rain.

2012-01-15

- 여기 비(정지훈)있다. 완전 멋있다. 간지 폭풍이다 밥먹으러 가는 모습 봤는데 으야~ 나도 저렇게 되고싶더라잉

- 여기 비도 있다! 정지훈! 키 줜나커

- 여기에 정지훈 이병님이 계셔 바로 사회에서 비! 10월에 입대한 비가 여기 있더라 ㅋㅋㅋ

청소하다가 봤는데 TV랑 똑같이 생겼어 정말 신기 하더라 ㅋ

- 비 봤는데 완전 잘생겼고 뭔가 다른 포스를 느꼈어

- Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) is here. He’s really wonderful. No human language can describe his

dignified appearance which faces every person around him down.

When I saw Rain going for a meal, I felt like doing the same thing, "That's what I want to

look like."

- Rain is also here ! "Jung Ji Hoon" ! He is very tall!

- Pte "Jung Ji Hoon" is here, who is called Bi (Rain) in society!

I've realized that there is Rain enlisted in the military last October.

When I saw him while I was cleaning, I found he looked exactly the same as he had

appeared on the TV screen. I couldn't believe my eyes.

- I saw Rain. He is very handsome, and he has something out of the common.

Re-post by

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=318501&page=3&bbs=

English translation by rain bird @ rain-eu

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi willenette, this is intriguing, do you think the man in the pic is Rain?

maybe BI Rain !!!!

2012-01-16

by wawalalal@http://rain-cloud.co.kr

Previously seen a photograph, this is like BI Rain Yeah .... I do think too much

by @MonkeyHeadHIHI:早前看到的一張照片, 這個很像雨大人呀....是我想太多了嗎 //weibo

74b2afe7gw1dp3j2pn6gaj.jpg

*quoted image*

Rain who serves in the military is rated number one as the celebrity they intend to follow

as their pacemaker in life, according to a recent survey through an online portal site,

As Rain has ranked top while taking over sexy star "Lee Hyo Ri", "Lee Seung Ki" who is

extremely popular star in Korea, etc. and receiving a high ratio of more than 70% percent,

Pacemaker is the name for a person who strategically parachutes into various sporting

events such as marathon, swimming race, etc. and help make the favorites to win cut

down their time.

Hi willenette, FH is so funny. Here are the expressions and reaction of Rain in the scenes through SHK's imagination if she tries to "force her love" for him, really can't help but burst into laughter :lol::lol:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Credit;as tagged

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting more captures here of FH..........I missed this drama. :sweatingbullets:

Hi bbly, this picture of RAIN with a friend is definitely not Baekga. And as what anjjo said, this photo isn't recent. :lol:

Hi willenette, this is intriguing, do you think the man in the pic is Rain?

maybe BI Rain !!!!

2012-01-16

by wawalalal@http://rain-cloud.co.kr

Previously seen a photograph, this is like BI Rain Yeah .... I do think too much

by @MonkeyHeadHIHI:早前看到的一張照片, 這個很像雨大人呀....是我想太多了嗎 //weibo

*quoted image*

anjjo, I don't think this is RAIN............there's something in his covered face that tells me he is not RAIN at all.....Although the name card is quite blurry still I stand with my word. :lol:

Rain with Fugitive Plan B Staff

Credit : ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

[Cap pic] Rain with his manager

m1.jpg

(willenette - I don't think this is his Manager....................this is just his "handler", his "personal assistant" - )

photo

[Pic]11-11-17 Rain @ Graduation ceremony Event

credit : DC / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

이거 수료식날에

훈련병동기랑 훈련병동기 여친이랑 같이 찍은 사진이야 ㅎㅎ

비느님 옆에 짤린거 동기 여친이야

비느님만 짤려서 갖고 왔어 ㅎㅎ

존잘 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

허락받지않고 갖고온건데

문제될려나? ㅠㅠ

암튼 12시이전에 지울게 ㅎ

이것도 수료식날

첫번째사진 단체사진인데 비느님만 갖고왔고

두번째사진은 다들 본거고

마지막꺼 말이 필요없음 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Rain%5F2.jpg

3%284%29.jpg

4%281%29.jpg

5.jpg

[Eng.trans]

Here are pictures taken at the military graduation ceremony.

These pictures show Rain and my another trainee mate's girl friend.

To make only Rain appear in the pictures, they have been edited and the girl friend's image has been cut.

In the fifth picture, the trainees are posing for a group photograph. (Rain is sitting down, having a certificate in his hand)

Most of you have looked at the sixth picture.

The scene shown in the seventh picture is breathtaking.

Credit : rain bird - rain-cloud.co.kr/

11-11-17 Rain @ Graduation ceremony Event

Credit : DC / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

7.jpg

1%284%29.jpg

3%285%29.jpg

Rain Autograph

credit : DC / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

싸인사진 훔쳐오다

이건 다들 본 듯?

냅둘려다가 그냥 갖고 옴 ㅋㅋ

올린이 쓴 글:

월드 스타.. 아마 못 받을줄 알았는데 정말 재수 좋게 받았지 ㅋㅋㅋ 평생 추억에 남을듯 ㅎㅎ

aug.jpg

12-01-16 Rain Coupang New event

source : coupang @ twitter / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

※쿠팡 블로그 설맞이 이벤트※ 쿠친님들~ 쿠팡 블로그 설맞이 이벤트 참여하세요~^^ 정성가득댓글 남겨 주시면 추첨해서 "파운드케이크, 베스킨라빈스 교환권" 선물이 뿅뿅 ♥http://j.mp/wLXIqk

coupang%281%29.jpg

Rain's old Pics from ALTK

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credit:as tagged

anjjo, I like this drama although it had a sad ending. What a great example of complicated relationships. I was totally invested in the brother relationship between RAIN & his brother. Some episodes just made me too sad. I admit to crying many many times while watching it. This was so rich and substantial, I watched it slowly, scene by scene, to take it all in. Bad luck, good luck? That’s how life goes…RAIN’s acting was top notch. I was absolutely taken aback at just how good RAIN was in this. Such a complex character, yet he could convey it perfectly. RAIN was really good as the bodyguard -to-be. He was holding up his end very well. This was so good without being corny or overly angst yet, I was hoping that it keeps up, that it will continue to be such an excellent work. It’s well written and very refreshing. The cinematography for this show was just gorgeous beyond anything. I really appreciate them letting us see another side of Korea and not just the touristy places. I honestly adored all the characters. This was one of a kind drama where the flawless acting has made this story so heartfelt yet with a grim edge. :lol:

*quoted image*

down their time.

What's 18th release? Well, going back to this fun poll, RAIN is really energetic and strong. He is really competitive, as he hates to lose. Yet, he is very sociable, and loves spending time with people. And he is bright, wondering where he takes after his being smart, huh, Mom or Dad? This is a cool poll. :lol:

*** We all see RAIN did some ordinary things/stuff when outside Korea......maybe for all we know, he tried riding in a roller coaster, too........mingling with some ordinary people. Outside Korea, we've seen him taking a cab especially in US.....But, wondering if he's in his own country, did he ever try getting around the city catching a cab, aside from riding a KTX? You see, in US when running errands, stars are not afraid to just sit back & let the meter run....Here in my side with anjjo, big stars don't do this......... I've seen K-stars (big stars at that -) do this once in a while..........just wondering on RAIN's part since never heard any reports that he did it..... :unsure:

***anjjo, when you posted these old captures from FH, I also remember his last drama, Fugitive.....As much as I love the OST of this series I also like the (2) tracks sang by MBLAQ in Fugitive. The songs are amazing! Although the beats are fast but the songs go to the heart! It suited to the coolness of the drama. It also suited to the vocals of MBLAQ. :lol: