Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Hi willenette, glad that you are back, :wub: hope you enjoy your vacation. Thanks for the wishes.

About his leading lady in the CF, I thought at first glance that was SHK, heheh, allow me some wistful thinking, my dear, maybe I still nurture a little hope until now, what with the two celebrities formerly romantically linked with Rain, Lee Hyori and JJH having admitted their relationships with romantic partners. I know that you will not take me seriously considering that Rain had always been honest with his love life. :lol: :lol:

My dear, I thought that Rain will spend his vacation with his family during the holiday season but he was not permitted since they were on alert due to the North Korean leader's death and I was disappointed. Surely, he was not able to attend KTW's wedding, all the while I hope we can see his latest pics. Feel bad about it. :tears:

About this article above, it is just initiating a topic that is too early to discuss by giving information about his coming projects which I don't believe. Anyway, it's still for the sake of publicity for Rain and I am not complaining. :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rain wearing (arenoh) Suit

2012-01-02

credit : arenoh // edit by ratoka

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, you know, when I saw those captures of his new CF you posted, like you, I thought all along she's SHK. They look similar. I can't deny that your girl is very pretty - hehehe. And I understand what you feel, dear. About the vacation supposedly granted to him, I was also surprised that he spent this inside while some other soldiers/recruits spent their holidays with their families - sigh................Wondering if up to now SK is still on high-alert, huh? I feel bad about what happened as well. Well, about this comeback project, it's really too early to tell - maybe, wait & see again...........It's just so nice & good to read anything about him. Thanks for posting these photos where he's wearing an Arenoh suit. You know, I'm not familiar with this kind or brand of clothing at all...............It's my 1st time to hear it actually - sorry - hehehe..... blush.gif

Rain's Return Project Already Being Discussed

by: sherryxkim on Jan 2, 2012

a374d5bbe1fe168543f49107d9da8121_large.jpg

Talk of Rain's return project is already in discussion.

On January 2, according to several rumors which have been backed up by entertainment officials, Rain is considering drama A for his next project as he completes his military service. While Rain is doing his best as a soldier in the military, his return project is working at a pace of its own.

Drama A that Rain is considering for his project is crafted by top writer B, who has been working on the drama for years.

One representative said, "Drama A is currently being prepared by agency C so that he'll be able to jump right into it when he completes his service." Even while Rain is on hiatus from his activities and promotions due to his service duties, he was chosen as the best male fashionista by MTV's beauty and style network, proving that his stardom reaches far across the globe.

Rain's representative said, "It is true that Rain has received a proposal for drama A. However, there is still a relatively large chunk of time before he retires, so it may be too early to discuss his return project in great detail."

The drama rumored to be in discussion is titled "Four Seasons." The script is about the relationship between a Korean female reporter and a Korean adopted child in France. It was reported that more than $15 million USD were invested for production costs.

Rain, who enlisted in the military on October 11, will be celebrating his 100 days as a soldier on January 18. Currently, he is serving as an assistant for training new recruits in the army's fifth division.

Credit : soompi news

Rain JVJQ NEW CF & Cap pictures

2012-01-02

Credit 希望快乐与幸福@ youku// cap by ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

My Link

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, hehehe - this girl really looks like SHK...................Wahhhhh..................I miss FullHouse. I did love the OST and the directing of this drama. FH was just simply amazing. Awesome EPs that kept me tuned in. It was one of the few dramas that stuck with me long after it ended. :lol:

*** I'm happy to know that there's a new rule now inside the military that recruits/soldiers are now allowed to make phone calls during Sundays (only collect calls -) Before recruits/soldiers can communicate with their family & loved-ones during weekends especially SUNDAY or on breaks only through a letter – :lol:

[Jan-03-2012]<Revised>When Rain was enlisted, Baegka couldn't help crying.

G120103_005.jpg

- With a focus on Rain -

[Revised]

Baegka, a member of Coyote which is a mixed pop group of 2 men and 1 woman, spoke

his mind in an exclusive interview with enews on the 2nd about that he had no choice but

to lose his composure and cry when his close friend Rain was enlisted.

Last October 11th, Baegka went with Rain to 306 Supplement in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do

to see him off, and later broke into tears, which became the talk of the town.

Baegka said, "We were going to have time for only all of our friends accompanied by him

after he said goodbye to his fans, but it was so hectic that we couldn't.

So, I gave him a bag containing an electron clock, inner soles, etc, then he cried his eyes

out. I was trying to soothe him crying, but in the end I wept with him.

There are some of them who have doubts about my true feelings. But, no matter how

hard I tried to remain calm, before I knew it, I was in tears when I saw crying Rain who has

been my best friend for 17 years."

Continuing, "Rain can make collect calls to his acquaintances only on Sunday because

he is a private soldier. So even though I don't know the number he or she is calling

from that appears on my cellphone screen when someone calls me on Sunday, I answer

the phone without choice. Once I hit the wrong button and the phone rang off. Then soon

Rain called me and said urgently, "It's me, it's me !!", made people laugh.

Baegka added, "In a recent poll, Rain and I were chosen as the top celebrities who have

got a really good friendship. Thank many people for thinking this way."

Meanwhile, Coyote is planning to make television appearances beginning with channel

Mnet's music program Mcountdown on the 5th.

Credit to enews24 http://news.nate.com/view/20120103n04842

Brief translation by rain bird @ rain-eu.

[interview] Bbaekga Opens Up On His Friendship with Rain

2012-01-03

Source:CJ E&M enewsWorld

Bbaekga shared his feelings on Rain’s enlistment in an interview with enews on January 2.

Bbaekga and Rain are known to be close friends, and Bbaekga went to see Rain off when the world star reported to the 306th Army draft camp in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi Province to start active military duty.

At the time, though Rain swept most headlines, Bbaekga also became a hot topic as he cried as if sending off his lover.

“At that time, we were supposed to have time together after he said goodbye to fans but we couldn’t because too many things were going on. So I gave him a bag containing things like an electronic clock and foot pads, and then Rain started to cry. I tried to comfort him, but I ended up crying as well,” said Bbaekga.

c0047605_20101457.jpg

Fellow Koyote member Kim Jong Min who was also there said, “I’ve never seen Bbaekga cry like that.”

Bbaekga said, “I couldn’t help it. In fact, we don’t have a lot of friends. We′ve been relying on each other for 17 years. Some people wondered if I was pretending, but I’m not that kind of person. I just broke into tears as I had to say goodbye to my friend."

He also lightened the mood by revealing some anecdotes about Rain who sometimes rings him up - collect call, of course.

“As Rain is a private, he only can call on Sundays. So I take calls even when I don′t know the number," said Bbaekga. "One time, I accidently pressed the wrong button, and the phone cut off. And Rain called me right away and said in an urgent voice, ‘It’s me. It’s me’.”

“Formerly, when I talked about Rain, people criticized me for trying to take advantage of his fame. But how can I conceal a 17 year-long friendship?”

“In a recent survey, Rain and I were picked as the best celebs who shared a sincere friendship. I was thankful that many people see us that way,” he added.

Their friendship seems to be the same even though they are apart. Bbaekga played Koyote’s new song Repeat the Same Words, written by hit-maker Brave Brothers, for Rain over the phone, and during the interview, he couldn’t hide his emptiness and feeling of missing Rain.

In the meantime, Koyote, who released Repeat the Same Words on January 2, will be kicking off activities by appearing on Mnet’s M Countdown on January 5.

Rain JVJQ NEW CF & Cap pictures

2012-01-02

Credit 希望快乐与幸福@ youku// cap by ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

My Link

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Wonder when this was shot! Thanks for sharing.

Hi anjjo, HAPPY, HAPPY 2012 TO BOTH OF YOU WITH bbly............May you have a SEOUL :lol: ful new year! Good health, good wishes for the 2 of you & GOD speed! Thanks for sharing the translation of this clip. :lol:

Hi bbly, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU! I hope both of you with anjjo enjoyed the closing of 2011 with your family & loved-ones. :lol:

Thanks dear! Wishing you all the best for 2012 as well. It's nice having you back here.

***What? January 18 will be his 100 days in the army? Gosh………….time really flies so fast. I hope he could avail his vacation this time. You see, after serving 100 days inside the army, soldiers/recruits are being granted another vacation for about 1-week to spend this with their loved-ones. :unsure:

[Jan-02-2012] Rain's comeback project is already in operation?

Credit : 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

*quoted image*

The comeback project of Rain inducted into the army last October, is already in

operation, which attracts the attention.

According to officials in the showbiz on the 2nd, Rain has devoted his full attention to his

military service, keeping in mind that he'll make his comeback on soap opera A after

leaving the military. While Rain does his best as a soldier, things are going very well with

the comeback project.

The drama in Rain's mind famous domestic TV dramatist B has worked build up to, the

production of which originally fell through owing to various circumstances, including his

going to Hollywood, even though he considered whether to appear in it.

Since the drama that was one of the most anticipated blockbuster dramas at that time,

would cost too much and be filmed on location in many countries, it was difficult to be

produced.

An official from the showbiz said, "We're ready to produce the drama by featuring Rain in

it after his leaving the military."

Even after joining the military, Rain is still very popular locally and abroad as he has been

picked as the The Best Men’s Fashion of 2011 by fashion network website MTV Style

affiliated with USA's music channel MTV.

For that reason, his fans throughout Asia are expressing high interest in his comeback

to the showbiz world.

Rain's side said about this, "It's true that he has received an offer to star in the drama,

but it's too early to talk about his comeback project as there's still plenty of time to be

discharged from the service."

As of 18 January, it will be 100 days since last October 11, when Rain was enlisted. He is

serving in an unit as a teaching assistant at a recruit training center belonging to the 5th

Division after getting a distinction in shooting, barracks life, etc. at a recruit training

center.

Credit to Star news

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=108&aid=0002118787

English translation by rain bird @ rain-eu.

Isn't a bit early to discuss already his future projects? I just want him to come back healthy and safely to us, the rest will follow.

*** All RAIN's performances are always the best. :lol:

Singer Rain's performance was deemed the best event in Gangnam District for 2011

photo215578.jpg

The highlight event of the year 2011 in Gangnam District, southeastern Seoul, was singer Rain's concert that took place on Oct. 9, 2011, just before the entertainer began his military service.

The send-off concert for the Hallyu star took place at Yeongdeong Boulevard, just two days before the singer went into the Army.

The concert, titled "Rain: Last of The Best", was a free event that took place on the wide stretch of the road that was blocked off all day for the performance.

The entertainer, who featured in Hollywood films like "Ninja Assassin" (2009) and "Speed Racer" (2008), confessed following the event that he didn't sleep too well as he was thinking about his post-military future. One possible career path he was considering was looking for an entry into the American market.

The second event in 2011 deemed most noteworthy by the head chief of the Gangman District Office following the K-pop star's concert was the development of Guryong Village in Gangnam, which was originally full of shacks in plain view from Seoul's skyscrapers. The third-most notable event was the Gangnam Fashion Festival which took place in October.

By Carla Sunwoo

Credit : Hancinema

January 3, 2012

Singer Rain Recognized Under MTV's "Best Men's Fashion of 2011"

en_120104_03.jpg

World star Rain has received a very big honor from the US division of MTV.

Rain was listed under MTV's the Best Men's Fashion of 2011. A picture of him wearing a stylish jacket and shoes was featured on the music channel's official website. He was honored alongside the likes of tween heartthrob Justin Bieber, actor Ryan Gosling, Will Smith, and Smith's son Jaydon Smith.

Rain is currently serving in the military and is expected to be released on July 10th of 2013.

Credit : KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/program/program_musicnews_detail.htm?No=17228

Waiting for 2013 & BI's Triumphant Return!

Credit : BiGrrr - rain-cloud.co.kr/

BI_WAITING_FLIGHT_PIX_GARDENIA.png

[Translation] eNews24 Baekga talked about Rain

Credit : Cuckoo - rain-cloud.co.kr/

G120103_005.jpg

On the 2nd, Baekga was interviewed and talked about his best friend Rain enlisted. He still couldn't hold back his tear.

Last October 11th, Rain was enlisted in 306 unit. Baekga's tears became the hotline news. Baekga said "Originally, we thought Rain had enough time to say goodbye to all best friends before officially joined the army on that day, however, after he said goodbye to his fans, time was running out. I gave a bag which I had prepared electric clock and shoes pads for him. Rain cried after he got the bag. I tried to console him but it turned out we have cried together.

Baekga said "People suspected my true feeling. At that time, I tried to calm. But tears stil couldn't hold when I said goodybye to my 17 years friendship.

Because Rain is 2nd grade soldier and he can only make phone call on Sunday. Thus, Baekga will receive all incoming calls on Sunday. One Sunday, Baekga's phone rang but disconnected immediatly. After while, phone rang again. Rain said "It's me...me...me!" on the phone. This story became hot topics.

Baekga appreciated he and Rain have been selected as friendship role model.

Credit to enews24 http://news.nate.com/view/20120103n04842

Breifly translated by Cuckoo

http://news.nate.com/view/20120103n04842

12-01-03 Y-Star News_Rain 2011 MTV 2011 best Fashionista

credit : Ystarchannel3//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

My Link

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for sharing this news link. Even in the army everyone still acknowledges him. Congratulations, RAIN! :lol:

Thanks dear! Wishing you all the best for 2012 as well. It's nice having you back here.

Isn't a bit early to discuss already his future projects? I just want him to come back healthy and safely to us, the rest will follow.

bbly, ye, you're right that it's too early to discuss his comeback project at this time...............Usually, we could get to hear news about this (based from other celebrities who were there before) (3) months before their discharge. Have you seen his recent picture with Ronnie Yang, he's not as thin as before during his graduation - at least he gained weight now........it means he gradually get used to military life as time passes by. I'm sure he's safe there inside. Do you know that the government plans to raise the threshold for Korean men to be granted exemption from the mandatory two-year military conscription as living conditions and healthcare as they say in barracks have notably improved. Under the new rules set to take effect on Feb. 8, those taller than 204 centimetres will be exempt from duty. Currently, men 196 centimetres or taller are subject to the exemption. Those whose stomachs have been partially removed for medical purposes and those diagnosed with zoosperm, a medical condition of a male not having any measurable level of sperm in his semen, will be conscripted. BUT, people who scaled down their stomach to lose weight and those with minor health problems, such as impotence and necrozoospermia, a medical term for sperm that does not move at all, will not be exempt from conscription Isn't this funny but cool - hahaha................ :lol:

[Jan-04-2012]An episode that happened while filming a Coupang

commercial starring Rain.

0.jpg

Rain is the man in the middle, and Mr. Kim is on the left of the picture.

01%281%29.jpg

Rain

Mr. Kim, the chairman of operations for Coupang, has an interesting episode while he

was filming a Coupang commercial starring Rain. In the Commercial, Mr. Kim played bum A.

He explained what it meant for him to appear in the commercial, "I was able to throw

myself into work trying to have enough audacity to appear in the commercial even though

I've got out of shape, that has helped for my business activities."

On behalf of his wife, Mr. Kim got Rain's autograph on his CD before Rain entered the

military.

The Coupang commercial Rain and 'Kim Tae Hee' appear in, has been a great way to

build awareness, enhance its image, and bring in new customers. Also, sales have

improved by 50% compared to existing sales since the commercial ran on TV.

Credit to Hankyung

http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=201112309540t

Brief translation by rain bird.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[GIF] Rain .gif(t)s for you.

by Stephe@Cloud USA on January 3, 2012.

(courtesy of momoko)

4a894ef5e7a412459d89b45dd16a331f.gif

(courtesy of Stephenine)

2k0bae418405.gif?w=497

(courtesy of momoko)

ep9-2-1.gif?w=497

ep9-1-1_20101031150516.gif?w=497

courtesy of zifuni6)

ad80bdc1_zifuni6.gif?w=497

51e871b0_zifuni6.gif?w=497

[interview] Bbaekga Opens Up On His Friendship with Rain

2012-01-03

Source:CJ E&M enewsWorld

Bbaekga shared his feelings on Rain’s enlistment in an interview with enews on January 2.

Bbaekga and Rain are known to be close friends, and Bbaekga went to see Rain off when the world star reported to the 306th Army draft camp in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi Province to start active military duty.

At the time, though Rain swept most headlines, Bbaekga also became a hot topic as he cried as if sending off his lover.

“At that time, we were supposed to have time together after he said goodbye to fans but we couldn’t because too many things were going on. So I gave him a bag containing things like an electronic clock and foot pads, and then Rain started to cry. I tried to comfort him, but I ended up crying as well,” said Bbaekga.

*quoted image*

Fellow Koyote member Kim Jong Min who was also there said, “I’ve never seen Bbaekga cry like that.”

Bbaekga said, “I couldn’t help it. In fact, we don’t have a lot of friends. We′ve been relying on each other for 17 years. Some people wondered if I was pretending, but I’m not that kind of person. I just broke into tears as I had to say goodbye to my friend."

He also lightened the mood by revealing some anecdotes about Rain who sometimes rings him up - collect call, of course.

“As Rain is a private, he only can call on Sundays. So I take calls even when I don′t know the number," said Bbaekga. "One time, I accidently pressed the wrong button, and the phone cut off. And Rain called me right away and said in an urgent voice, ‘It’s me. It’s me’.”

“Formerly, when I talked about Rain, people criticized me for trying to take advantage of his fame. But how can I conceal a 17 year-long friendship?”

“In a recent survey, Rain and I were picked as the best celebs who shared a sincere friendship. I was thankful that many people see us that way,” he added.

Their friendship seems to be the same even though they are apart. Bbaekga played Koyote’s new song Repeat the Same Words, written by hit-maker Brave Brothers, for Rain over the phone, and during the interview, he couldn’t hide his emptiness and feeling of missing Rain.

In the meantime, Koyote, who released Repeat the Same Words on January 2, will be kicking off activities by appearing on Mnet’s M Countdown on January 5.

anjjo, what a great friendship between these two. :lol:

*** All RAIN's performances are always the best. :lol:

Singer Rain's performance was deemed the best event in Gangnam District for 2011

*quoted image*

The highlight event of the year 2011 in Gangnam District, southeastern Seoul, was singer Rain's concert that took place on Oct. 9, 2011, just before the entertainer began his military service.

The send-off concert for the Hallyu star took place at Yeongdeong Boulevard, just two days before the singer went into the Army.

The concert, titled "Rain: Last of The Best", was a free event that took place on the wide stretch of the road that was blocked off all day for the performance.

The entertainer, who featured in Hollywood films like "Ninja Assassin" (2009) and "Speed Racer" (2008), confessed following the event that he didn't sleep too well as he was thinking about his post-military future. One possible career path he was considering was looking for an entry into the American market.

The second event in 2011 deemed most noteworthy by the head chief of the Gangman District Office following the K-pop star's concert was the development of Guryong Village in Gangnam, which was originally full of shacks in plain view from Seoul's skyscrapers. The third-most notable event was the Gangnam Fashion Festival which took place in October.

By Carla Sunwoo

Credit : Hancinema

Totally agree with you on this one dear! Rain is by far one of the best performers.

anjjo, thanks for sharing this news link. Even in the army everyone still acknowledges him. Congratulations, RAIN! :lol:

bbly, ye, you're right that it's too early to discuss his comeback project at this time...............Usually, we could get to hear news about this (based from other celebrities who were there before) (3) months before their discharge. Have you seen his recent picture with Ronnie Yang, he's not as thin as before during his graduation - at least he gained weight now........it means he gradually get used to military life as time passes by. I'm sure he's safe there inside. Do you know that the government plans to raise the threshold for Korean men to be granted exemption from the mandatory two-year military conscription as living conditions and healthcare as they say in barracks have notably improved. Under the new rules set to take effect on Feb. 8, those taller than 204 centimetres will be exempt from duty. Currently, men 196 centimetres or taller are subject to the exemption. Those whose stomachs have been partially removed for medical purposes and those diagnosed with zoosperm, a medical condition of a male not having any measurable level of sperm in his semen, will be conscripted. BUT, people who scaled down their stomach to lose weight and those with minor health problems, such as impotence and necrozoospermia, a medical term for sperm that does not move at all, will not be exempt from conscription Isn't this funny but cool - hahaha................ :lol:

Exactly! If he would be released, let's say in couple months, then it makes sense to discuss his future projects.

Again, it always amazes me what kind of knowledge you have of the Korean army. Thanks for sharing!

[Old] Rain with Makeup artist Lee Kyung-min 2007

Credit : ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/ / cyworld

*quoted image*

This was during ALTK or? He looks sooo adorable.

[pic][Old]BI Rain Sandoo pic // as tagged

2012-01-05

credit : @shelley_bi:차상두 車尚道 // weibo// wawalalal@rain-cloud.co.kr

492401b6gw1dorh2cyg0kj.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

03.Jan01.12「セクションTV」BI Rain mentioned @ SectionTV 放送

2012-01-05

My Link

by momorumii// wawalalal@rain-cloud.co.kr

RAIN%5F%E3%80%8C%E3%82%BB%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3TV%E3%80%8D%E3%80%802012%2E1%2E3%E6%94%BE%E9%80%81%5F%2D%5FYouTube%2Eflv%5F000071605.jpg

Totally agree with you on this one dear! Rain is by far one of the best performers.

Exactly! If he would be released, let's say in couple months, then it makes sense to discuss his future projects.

Again, it always amazes me what kind of knowledge you have of the Korean army. Thanks for sharing!

This was during ALTK or? He looks sooo adorable.

Hi bbly, this photo with his make-up artist was around 2007 - so, I don't think this was during Ijuksa days because this drama was around 2005-2006, right? Maybe, this was during Back to the Basic days. blush.gif

05.Jan01.12[pic]BI Rain Dog General new pic by hana

Credit : wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/Hana on Cyworld

Translation : rain bird - rain-cloud.co.kr/

우리장군이…. 가….. 걷는다….

ec9ab0eba6acec9ea5eab5b0ec9db4-eab080-eab1b7eb8a94eb8ba4.png?w=593

헐 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

ed9790-e3858be3858be3858be3858be3858be3858be3858be3858b.png?w=593

[Translation)

Our Janguny(general) is walking (우리 장군이가 걷는다)

Oops..kekekekekeke (헐 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ) [2012-01-06 오전 8:29:23]

January 6, 2012

From Rain to brain-eating worms, it’s time to get your popcorn ready

A new year has begun, and the nation’s movie industry is all geared up for a strong showing in 2012 with the return of a number of high-profile actors and directors. Whether you’re a fan of heartthrob actor Rain or find pleasure in watching worms eat human brains, it’s time to get your popcorn ready.

The mega projects

Blockbuster films such as “Sector 7,” “The Front Line” and “Quick” failed to break even in 2011. But these flops didn’t discourage other ambitious projects from coming to theaters this year. To turn the tide, films in the Year of the Dragon will introduce themes seldom touched by Korean cinema in the past.

Kim Ji-hun’s action-disaster film “Tower” is being compared to the 1974 Hollywood hit “The Towering Inferno.” The story is told through the perspective of firefighters and trapped people struggling to escape from a skyscraper in Seoul after a massive fire breaks out. With a 10 billion won ($869,565) budget, the film features a star-studded cast that includes actor Sol Kyung-gu (“Haeundae” 2009) as a warm-hearted firefighter, Son Ye-jin (“Spellbound” 2011) and Kim Sang-kyung (“Hahaha” 2009). Director Kim looks to have a stronger showing in the box office than last year’s “Sector 7.”

Korea’s version of “Top Gun” (1986) is also slated to hit theaters this year. Funded by the Korean Air Force, “Soar into the Sun” centers on combat pilots. To ensure top-quality air-to-air combat scenes, the film brought in Hollywood aerial camera team Wolf Air Aviation.

“Soar into the Sun” was heartthrob singer-actor Rain’s last film before he joined the Army last October. Rising actress Sin Se-gyeong also stars in the film.

For those hooked on horror films, a thriller set for release this year is sure to spook, or at least gross out, even the most intrepid moviegoer. “Wireworm,” actor Kim Myung-min’s first blockbuster film, is based on mutant wireworms that control human brains. The worms force Korea into a state of emergency as Kim struggles to save infected families.

After blockbusters’ weak showing in the box office last year, Yang Hae-seon, an industry insider who works for a film production and distribution company, said the diversity of genres in 2012 is a good sign for the industry.

“When ‘Sector 7’ failed last year, industry insiders were concerned about the market because the huge flop might result in decreased investment,” Yang said. “Whether they succeed or not, it’s meaningful that we have many films for diversity.”

05205218.jpg

Actor Kim Myung-min / Actress Ko Hyun-jung / Singer-actor Rain

(skipped unrelated.....)

By Sung So-young [so@joongang.co.kr]

*** I'm so excited to see the official poster for this upcoming movie of RAIN. :sweatingbullets:

Rain Flight: Close To The Sun poster

Credit : Rainsha / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

1.jpg

2%281%29.jpg

*** RAIN's movie, Flight: Close to the Sun is a 10 billion KRW (around 10 million dollars.) big-budget film. :lol:

Big-budget films to open in 2012

By Lee Hyo-won

While 2011 saw the release of some novel, genre-defying works, not many local films aside from “Sunny” and “War of the Arrows” (a.k.a. “Arrow: The Ultimate Weapon”) managed to draw crowds at the box office.

This year, a lineup of big-budget films featuring the return of big stars await moviegoers.

Anticipated blockbusters

A diverse variety of works — ranging from melodramas and comedies to action flicks and thrillers — made on a budget of some 10 billion won will hit the big screen.

CJ E&M Pictures will present “Soar Into the Sun,” starring pop star Rain, and “Tower,” headed by actor Sul Kyoung-gu. “Soar” is a drama set in the air force that invited a top Hollywood crew for the aerial action while “Tower,” about fire fighters, is expected to present hot action and hot stars including actress Son Ye-jin and Kim Sang-kyung.

Showbox/Mediaplex will also offer flicks made on a hefty budge of some 10 billion won: fans can look forward to the return of “My Sassy Girl” heroine Jun Ji-hyun (a.k.a. Gianna Jun) acting opposite Kim Hye-soo, Oh Dal-soo and Kim Hae-sook in “The Professionals,” a crime drama shot in Hong Kong and Macau under the direction of “Tazza: The High Rollers” helmer Choi Dong-hoon.

Lotte Entertainment, which had a lucky 2011 with “Arrows,” the highest grossing homegrown film of the year, will release “Jeok” (Enemy). Directed by Kwak Kyung-taek, the action film is about a South Korean spy who sneaks into North Korean-occupied territory to search for his lover.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Credit : Korea Times

[Vote] 1st Look Cover of the year (Rain)

2011-12-20

Vote Here

http://www.firstlook.co.kr/?event=cover-event&item=7

*quoted image*

anjjo, RAIN is a hip hop rabbit………… :lol:

I miss RAIN! I think the last picture we saw was the one with Ronnie Yang, right? Really so good to see him gaining his weight back based from that photo. Not bad anymore. <_<:mellow:

[Translated article] The Heartwarming Story

2012-01-06

by emik@rain-cloud.co.kr/

I translated an article from Japanese magazine "Korean Scandal" which was published in Dec. 2011.

(Sorry this is bit late to post)

s3.jpg

How great my son is!!

Star who is a good son.

The Heartwarming Story.

Rain gave a big present to his father as his appreciation.

Much-loved mother's death become a big turning point for Rain.

In 2000, his father's family business was in financial trouble, their family budgetbecome tight and his illness mother was died because she couldn't get proper treatment. At that time Rain was a high-school student and his father was in Brazil alone to work. His father returned to Korea just before she passed away but Rain was angry with his father because he was not with her when she was suffering.

However, Rain found out later that his father had sold his shop to make money for her treatment and he worked day and night to look after his children after. Rain apologized for being cold shoulder toward his father and they made up.

In 2006, Rain bought a big house in an expensive residential areain Seoul which cost was 31 hundred million won and he gave it to his father.

His father busted into tears for joy and couldn't look up for a while by his son’s big present.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Vid] Rain featuring in MCM's CF (at 2:24)

2012-01-06

credit : doubleseunghyun @ YT //ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

My Link

mcm.jpg