Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

110309 QIYI_ Exclusive interwiew with Rain

scorpiola 2011-03-11

rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

Credit: QIYI // scorpiolabi @ youtube

I wonder if there will be a real longer version of this interview. I loved the reaction of those 2 guys, like real fans. So Rain changed his outfit after press conf. to this one. And I love this suit more than the one during press conf. blush.gif

Hi bbly, about the company name, maybe majority voted for the change of name & not just JYP. Wondering why you think that JYP is powerful, huh? About MS thing, who knows that some of his dancers were enlisted already way before. But, like you, I also want him to be with close friends when he's there inside. BTW, you really adore dark hair for him, huh - hehehe. I'm sure this is the one you could get to see in the movie. :lol:

bbly, I understand what you feel, dear. What I wish this time is during his enlistment, I hope the military/MMA or whoever could provide room for the fans, access to the press and lots of details about RAIN’s enlistment. :sweatingbullets:<_<

I don't know if "powerful" is the term I would say when it comes to JYP, actually I rather say nothing at all. :vicx::lol:

I would be very happy and relieved if he is enlisted with at least one friend, would make me feel better.

Yes, I love his hair dark! Although they aren't exactly black (like it was in Japan, Sapparo) but still I love it darker. For example his Bok-gu black hair or during 2006/2007 world tour, loved it!

I don't want for Rain a huge, big coverage thing that is out of control when he enters MS. Yes, there will be some press coverage, some words and for sure pictures but please nothing where it is tooo much! And once he is inside, I hope he will be in peace from all this craziness. I know I contradict myself as I say I will miss him and can't imagine not seeing him for a long time but at the same time I am actually happy, happy for him. After years, he will be out of the public eye (hopefully) and will be again Jung Ji-hoon, the person.

bbly, I agree with you - I always love RAIN when in casual & especially with beanie. I always die every time I see him in beanie, cap or hat. Although, he looks tired in this photo but his smile & smirks could still kill you inside. This photo together with se7en is so cute. Good that they have a picture together again after quite a long time. Damn, how I love it! Oh, gotta re-look at this over & over - :sweatingbullets:

I share your love for Rain in beanies and hats, especially in beanies he looks delicious!!!

He looks tired but still happy, you can see it. And looking at those 2, I actually would wish that they would collaborate in the future, doing a song together or so. ;)

I don't know if "powerful" is the term I would say when it comes to JYP, actually I rather say nothing at all. :vicx::lol:

I would be very happy and relieved if he is enlisted with at least one friend, would make me feel better.

Yes, I love his hair dark! Although they aren't exactly black (like it was in Japan, Sapparo) but still I love it darker. For example his Bok-gu black hair or during 2006/2007 world tour, loved it!

I don't want for Rain a huge, big coverage thing that is out of control when he enters MS. Yes, there will be some press coverage, some words and for sure pictures but please nothing where it is tooo much! And once he is inside, I hope he will be in peace from all this craziness. I know I contradict myself as I say I will miss him and can't imagine not seeing him for a long time but at the same time I am actually happy, happy for him. After years, he will be out of the public eye (hopefully) and will be again Jung Ji-hoon, the person.

I share your love for Rain in beanies and hats, especially in beanies he looks delicious!!!

He looks tired but still happy, you can see it. And looking at those 2, I actually would wish that they would collaborate in the future, doing a song together or so. ;)

Hi bbly, sigh.....about MS again, I don't think there will be no big coverage for him when he enlists - hehehe - we're talking about RAIN..... Even some celebrities who are not that famous as him have huge coverage when they entered the military, how much for RAIN, huh? <_<

[Mar-12-2011] <Info> Details of Rain's current schedule.

(스케쥴 정리)

3/13 영화 크랭크인

3/19 태국 파타야 Music Festival

3/26 중국 베이징 The Best 2011 Rain Asia Tour

4/2 엠넷 제펜 레이니데이 시즌3 첫방송

4/10 말레이시아 F1 그랑프리 콘서트

5/19 독일Dresden Music Festival

8월중순 영화 크랭크업

여름 6집앨범 발매 예정

내년 영화개봉

(Details of Rain's current schedule)

3/13/2011 : Red Muffler will begin shooting.

3/19/2011 : Thailand Pattaya Music Festival.

3/26/2011 : China Beijing The Best 2011 Rain Asia Tour.

4/2/2011 : The first episode of Mnet Japan Rainy Day Season 3 will be broadcast.

4/10/2011 : Malaysia F1 Grand Prix concert.

5/19/2011 : German Dresden Music Festival.

By mid-August, the movie shooting will be completed.

This summer, his 6th album will be released.

Sometime next year, the movie will open.

Source:benamoo /DC @ http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=294711&page=1&bbs=

English translation by rain bird.

[Mar-12-2011] <Eng.trans> Update on the 'Red Muffler' shooting in Daegu region.

우선 오늘에서야 전화온 울오빠...미움..ㅠ 췟..그래도 지금이라도 말해줘서 고마움 ㅋ

비느님은 어제도 오셧고 오늘도 오셧음요!!

지금부터 한달간 계속온다고 하는군요!!

오빠가 헌병이라 오빠가 근무서는 초소를 지나가야 하는데

비느님 차가 왓데여...근데 썬팅때매 ...ㅋㅋ

원래는 출입할때 이름 나이 주소 전번 다 적어야하는데

비느는 긴촬영이라 이미 패쓰를 받아두셔서..오빠앞을 슝..하고 지나갓다고 하네여..

(차라도 어디양 ㅠㅠ 힁)

공군측에서 길을 안내햇다고 하구요..

비느의 촬영을 집적적으로 볼수잇는사람은 전투기 정비 쪽에잇는 군인들 정도라고 하네여!!

(한달동안 그분들과 몸을 바꾸고 싶은심정 ㅠ)

아무래도 군인들이라 신세경님 때문에 난리가 낫다고 하구요

비느님은 어깨가 정말 넓다고 난리를...ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

어제도 오시고 오늘도 오신거 보면...대구에서 묵으신거 같은데...

대구에서 묵으셧다면..아마 ㅇㅌㅂㄱ 호텔일듯해요..거기가 대구에서 젤 좋은곳이니까..ㅎ

대구에 오셧지만 못보는 나는 ㅠㅠ 힁 ㅠㅠ

쨋든!! 비느 를 쬐..끔..차라도 보고시프신분은 대구 공항 제11전투비행단으로 가세영~!!

한달간 촬영이 잇다고 합니다!!

-Posted on March11th, 2011-

I heard about it over the phone from my elder brother serving in the Air Force.

Rain visited an air unit in which my elder brother is serving, both yesterday and today.

Beginning today and lasting over the next thirty days, he is due to continue to visit the unit.

Only those with passes are allowed in the unit, and he has already been credentialed to enter the place on the basis that the movie shooting will last for barely one month, so he was able to pass unhindered through the military checkpoint even without showing his authorization.

For the period, movie shooting will mainly go at the site air force mechanics work for, so the number of bystanders available is necessarily limited.

Air force soldiers were naturally attracted to actress 'Shin Se Kyung' as men are all of a piece, but their eyes showed open admiration as they looked at Rain, "How could he have such broad shoulders!"

Seeing that Rain's party has come to the place for two days in a row, they've almost stayed in a hotel around here. For all I know, they could be in Hotel Inter-Burgo because it is the nost famous hotel in Daegu region.

Anyway, if there is any those who dying to see Rain even if you could get a chance to just take a sneak peek at his face, please just go to an air force unit known as the 11th Combat Wing.

Source : DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=294708&page=1&bbs=

Brief translation by rain bird.

----------------------------------

[Mar-12-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain in Japan's Shibuya last July.

rain_bi.JPG

친구홈피에서 비어빵 발견ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

작년 7월 일본 시부야 여행갔다가 봤다며

인증샷있길래 데리고옴 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

댓글에 등판이 운동장만하다곸ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

It has been found on my friend's homepage.

She saw Rain while she was traveling in Japan's Shibuya last July.

There has been a funny comment on Rain's back, "His back looks the size of the playing field "

Credit to DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=294712&page=1&bbs=

------------------------------------

[Mar-12-2011] Rain receives special training as a fighter pilot at Air Force Academy.

tn_1299895203_1876667794_0.jpg

Rain who is set to enter the military late this year, is known to have received special training as a fighter pilot at an air base.

According to officials on the 12th, Rain received basic trainings, including hands-on G Force training, to fly combat planes as a fighter pilot, at Air Force Academy located in Cheongwon city in Chungcheongbuk-do, and at an air base in Daegu, last February and early this month, respectively.

He has begun to build up his body in earnest before starting shooting 'Red Muffler' in the middle of this month, which is the first 'Top Gun'-style film in Korea. In addition to Rain, actor 'Yu Joon Sahng', 'Kim Sung Soo', and 'Lee Jong Seok' participated in this drill.

One of the officials said, "It was a serious undertaking for any novice trainee, but Rain attained the highest grade in the training courses, probably because he works out regularly. The others, on the other hand, did not do awfully well, possibly because of the age-related loss of physical function."

Credit to Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20110312n04483

[Mar-13-2011] UCLA Lecture Invitation: Ninjas and superheroes. Korean TV dramas and RAIN.

[Cloud USA 3/11/2011]

— Cloud cover by: Stephe, Managing Editor ^@@^

1kyoketsu_ninja_assassin_poster.jpg?w=201&h=300

[Cloud USA 3/11/2011]

More and more, South Korean mega-Pop icon Jung JiHoon (Rain, 비) is becoming a true study subject in connection with schools and universities across the world.

First, there was author Sun Jung’s study, Korean Masculinities and Transcultural Consumptions: Yonsama, Rain, Oldboy, KPop Idols, published this past December by Hong Kong University Press and selected as one of the main textbooks for media classes at Goldsmiths, University of London in England and the University of Melbourne in Australia.

And now, the Korean American Bar Association of Southern California, the UCLA School of Law, and select UCLA student groups are getting in on the action by using Rain, his movie Ninja Assassin, and other Korean fare to discuss the challenges of exchanging popular culture between the U.S. and Asia.

On April 5, 2011 at 7 PM in Los Angeles (sign-in and a light reception will begin at 6:30), this fun panel at the UCLA School of Law, which is for anyone interested in learning what it takes to move movies, music and television across the Pacific, will be presented by Michael Chang of major Hollywood film studio Warner Bros. (distributor of Ninja Assassin), and attorney Ekwan E. Rhow of specialty litigation firm Bird, Marella, Boxer, Wolpert, Nessim, Drooks & Lincenberg (Rain’s counsel here in the United States), as well as Yaphett Powell of FOX Broadcasting and former MBC America counsel Robert J. Kang.

The session is free; entertainment professionals and interested laypersons are invited, and it is also accredited for students.

» The “Moving Movies, Music and Television Across the Pacific” Facebook event page is HERE.

» Detailed information on event location and where to RSVP is on the Pacific Highwinds website HERE.

This is wonderful news. Ninja Assassin, a true product of cross-cultural effort, is indeed a perfect example when it comes to this type of discussion. As a matter of fact, due to his own determination to make himself available to many people across the world during the span of his career, one might say that Rain is a product of cross-cultural effort.

Congratulations, JiHoon!

Stephe @cloudusa.wordpress.com / www.cloudusa.org

Info source: HanCinema

(flyer source site: pacifichighwinds.com)

http://cloudusa.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/ucla-lecture-invitation-ninjas-and-superheroes-korean-tv-dramas-and-rain/

[Mar-13-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> We are collecting money for the earthquake victims in Japan.

Hello, this is the 7th term executive board.

As news on the extensive damage from a major earthquake in Japan is broadcast day after day on television, we think all of you know about it.

Of course, we believe that we should need to take the initiative, and give out a helping hand, but we can't pretend we know nothing about that, particularly because that's where our artist Rain has been active.

We've normally done donation activities within each period of the membership, but as you know, 7th term membership account has expired to cover the server cost. In addition, we have no right to spend the money collected for a specific purpose (the 8th executive board activity cost or server cost), despite working on the recruitment of 8th membership members. So we try to raise money to help the earthquake victims separately.

We want to ask you your views as to whether we spend the money from 8th term membership account, roughly ten million won. (For your reference, we contributed 30 million won to support victims recover in Haiti)

It is not advisable for the 7th term executive board, who are not qualified as the 8th term executive board who haven't yet formally begun working, to spend the money, but that situation in that country does allow the 7th term board to bring up this point. This information has been posted even at '구름들의 사랑공간' section of this site to question 8th term Cloud membership members on their opinions.

Please send your donation by wire to the account below.

After the fund-raising, the remitter list and the total amount will be posted on this site.

The names of the remitters will be posted after being modified, so If you use any of the names during the remittance, never mind.

The period of the remittance : Till 3/22/2011 (Tue)

● The domestic account number : 486802-01-135426 / Kookmin Bank / 김예지 (recipient)

● When oversea fans use PayPal

- PayPal account : woodong002@naver.com

- When you remit the money through PayPal, please put ‘일본재해 기부금' into Subject and Note sections, respectively.

Donation has nothing to do with the amount of money.

Please remember your small support will give them big encouragement, so participate hard.

Thank you.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08080516522316&ref=3686&page=1

---------------------------------------

photo/drawing

raimy 2011-03-12

http://rain-cloud.co.kr

rain0311a.JPG

[Mar-12-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> Is every Japanese Cloud fan ok?

Hi, this is 7th Cloud membership executive board.

Is every Japanese Cloud fan ok after the earthquake in Japan ?

We know Japanese people have a very hard time by the strong earthquake and powerful tsunami.

Countless news of this big accident have been reported all day long even in Korea since yesterday afternoon.

We think that everyone all over the world is probably concerned over the accident.

While seeing the special report on the accident, we can easily figure out how they feel a pang of fear when the earthquake hit.

We find ourselves at a loss for words of consolation, but we hope that further damage will be avoided, the people are all right and will return to their normal lives after recovering from the quake as quickly as possible.

We Cloud eagerly pray for the people.

Please try to keep up your spirit.

* Every Cloud fan ~ Encourage them by your comments !! *

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08062719294427&ref=3344&page=

English translation by rain bird

[Mar-13-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain is mentioned in MBC TV 'Section TV'

My link

- There was a production report conference of the movie "Stranger 6" starring Korea's actor 'O Ji Ho' and China's actress ‘Zhang Peng Peng’, which is a joint production of Korean and Chinese film companies.-

MC : The Korean Wave has sparked a fad for Korean popular culture. Who is your favorite Korean star?

‘Zhang Peng Peng’ : Rain.

MC : It is not 'O Ji Ho' who has been chosen by her.

'O Ji Ho' : I’ll let her know his contact number.

Credit DC@ http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=294765&page=1&bbs=

Re-up by ratoka300 @ You Tube

"Red Muffler" Rain, trains at the Air Force Academy

20110312113108021.jpg

RAIN (Jeong Ji-hoon) received training at the Air Force Academy.

A spokesperson conveyed on a phone call with News N, "Rain, Lee Jong-suk, Kim Sung-soo and more, received training at the Air Force Academy for the shooting of movie "The Red Muffler - 2011".

Rain, Lee Jong-suk, Kim Sung-soo, Lee Ha-na and Yoon Joon-sang who are pilots in the movie, have been getting combat plane flying lessons from last February in Cheongju and Daegu.

The spokesperson continued, "They are getting used to the basic fitness through training".

Meanwhile, this special training is drawing more attention as Rain is yet to join the army in the later half of this year. Some day, "Is he going to join the Air Force with all this training?" He had actually been through an issue of him going to the Air Forces.

Netizen's say, "Is this another birth of a handsome pilot", "He would look good in a pilot uniform" and such.

"The Red Muffler - 2011" is an action blockbuster that draws the life and love of the Korean pilots that fly fighter planes to solve problems on the Korean Peninsula. There will be action as well as a touching story.

Source : movie.daum.net/movieI... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

"Red Muffler" Rain, trains at the Air Force Academy

*quoted image*

RAIN (Jeong Ji-hoon) received training at the Air Force Academy.

A spokesperson conveyed on a phone call with News N, "Rain, Lee Jong-suk, Kim Sung-soo and more, received training at the Air Force Academy for the shooting of movie "The Red Muffler - 2011".

Rain, Lee Jong-suk, Kim Sung-soo, Lee Ha-na and Yoon Joon-sang who are pilots in the movie, have been getting combat plane flying lessons from last February in Cheongju and Daegu.

The spokesperson continued, "They are getting used to the basic fitness through training".

Meanwhile, this special training is drawing more attention as Rain is yet to join the army in the later half of this year. Some day, "Is he going to join the Air Force with all this training?" He had actually been through an issue of him going to the Air Forces.

Netizen's say, "Is this another birth of a handsome pilot", "He would look good in a pilot uniform" and such.

"The Red Muffler - 2011" is an action blockbuster that draws the life and love of the Korean pilots that fly fighter planes to solve problems on the Korean Peninsula. There will be action as well as a touching story.

Source : movie.daum.net/movieI... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Hi willenette, he surely is a handsome pilot. :wub: He had undergone lots of fitness training not only for this movie but also in Ninja Assassin, that's why he is so sexy but tough. :lol:

So today is White Day in Korea and since we love a Korean man very much, I want to share with you and everyone the said holiday cheer -

c0047605_8152639.jpg

Source:/rainstorm.exblog

[Mar-12-2011] <Eng.trans> Update on the 'Red Muffler' shooting in Daegu region.

우선 오늘에서야 전화온 울오빠...미움..ㅠ 췟..그래도 지금이라도 말해줘서 고마움 ㅋ

비느님은 어제도 오셧고 오늘도 오셧음요!!

지금부터 한달간 계속온다고 하는군요!!

오빠가 헌병이라 오빠가 근무서는 초소를 지나가야 하는데

비느님 차가 왓데여...근데 썬팅때매 ...ㅋㅋ

원래는 출입할때 이름 나이 주소 전번 다 적어야하는데

비느는 긴촬영이라 이미 패쓰를 받아두셔서..오빠앞을 슝..하고 지나갓다고 하네여..

(차라도 어디양 ㅠㅠ 힁)

공군측에서 길을 안내햇다고 하구요..

비느의 촬영을 집적적으로 볼수잇는사람은 전투기 정비 쪽에잇는 군인들 정도라고 하네여!!

(한달동안 그분들과 몸을 바꾸고 싶은심정 ㅠ)

아무래도 군인들이라 신세경님 때문에 난리가 낫다고 하구요

비느님은 어깨가 정말 넓다고 난리를...ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

어제도 오시고 오늘도 오신거 보면...대구에서 묵으신거 같은데...

대구에서 묵으셧다면..아마 ㅇㅌㅂㄱ 호텔일듯해요..거기가 대구에서 젤 좋은곳이니까..ㅎ

대구에 오셧지만 못보는 나는 ㅠㅠ 힁 ㅠㅠ

쨋든!! 비느 를 쬐..끔..차라도 보고시프신분은 대구 공항 제11전투비행단으로 가세영~!!

한달간 촬영이 잇다고 합니다!!

-Posted on March11th, 2011-

I heard about it over the phone from my elder brother serving in the Air Force.

Rain visited an air unit in which my elder brother is serving, both yesterday and today.

Beginning today and lasting over the next thirty days, he is due to continue to visit the unit.

Only those with passes are allowed in the unit, and he has already been credentialed to enter the place on the basis that the movie shooting will last for barely one month, so he was able to pass unhindered through the military checkpoint even without showing his authorization.

For the period, movie shooting will mainly go at the site air force mechanics work for, so the number of bystanders available is necessarily limited.

Air force soldiers were naturally attracted to actress 'Shin Se Kyung' as men are all of a piece, but their eyes showed open admiration as they looked at Rain, "How could he have such broad shoulders!"

Seeing that Rain's party has come to the place for two days in a row, they've almost stayed in a hotel around here. For all I know, they could be in Hotel Inter-Burgo because it is the nost famous hotel in Daegu region.

Anyway, if there is any those who dying to see Rain even if you could get a chance to just take a sneak peek at his face, please just go to an air force unit known as the 11th Combat Wing.

Source : DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=294708&page=1&bbs=

------------------------------------

[Mar-12-2011] Rain receives special training as a fighter pilot at Air Force Academy.

*quoted image*

Rain who is set to enter the military late this year, is known to have received special training as a fighter pilot at an air base.

According to officials on the 12th, Rain received basic trainings, including hands-on G Force training, to fly combat planes as a fighter pilot, at Air Force Academy located in Cheongwon city in Chungcheongbuk-do, and at an air base in Daegu, last February and early this month, respectively.

He has begun to build up his body in earnest before starting shooting 'Red Muffler' in the middle of this month, which is the first 'Top Gun'-style film in Korea. In addition to Rain, actor 'Yu Joon Sahng', 'Kim Sung Soo', and 'Lee Jong Seok' participated in this drill.

One of the officials said, "It was a serious undertaking for any novice trainee, but Rain attained the highest grade in the training courses, probably because he works out regularly. The others, on the other hand, did not do awfully well, possibly because of the age-related loss of physical function."

Credit to Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20110312n04483

anjjo, thanks for sharing more updates about the movie. Many people find action/war movies boring - but it’s okay, war movies is not everyone’s cup of tea. I don't dig this kind of genre either - but this time with the exception of RAIN. He can act his heart (and soul) out in all his works that I’ve seen him. Besides, the synopsis of this movie sounds good. So, I'm sure it will be a good film. :lol:

[Mar-13-2011] UCLA Lecture Invitation: Ninjas and superheroes. Korean TV dramas and RAIN.

[Cloud USA 3/11/2011]

— Cloud cover by: Stephe, Managing Editor ^@@^

1kyoketsu_ninja_assassin_poster.jpg?w=201&h=300

[Cloud USA 3/11/2011]

More and more, South Korean mega-Pop icon Jung JiHoon (Rain, 비) is becoming a true study subject in connection with schools and universities across the world.

First, there was author Sun Jung’s study, Korean Masculinities and Transcultural Consumptions: Yonsama, Rain, Oldboy, KPop Idols, published this past December by Hong Kong University Press and selected as one of the main textbooks for media classes at Goldsmiths, University of London in England and the University of Melbourne in Australia.

And now, the Korean American Bar Association of Southern California, the UCLA School of Law, and select UCLA student groups are getting in on the action by using Rain, his movie Ninja Assassin, and other Korean fare to discuss the challenges of exchanging popular culture between the U.S. and Asia.

On April 5, 2011 at 7 PM in Los Angeles (sign-in and a light reception will begin at 6:30), this fun panel at the UCLA School of Law, which is for anyone interested in learning what it takes to move movies, music and television across the Pacific, will be presented by Michael Chang of major Hollywood film studio Warner Bros. (distributor of Ninja Assassin), and attorney Ekwan E. Rhow of specialty litigation firm Bird, Marella, Boxer, Wolpert, Nessim, Drooks & Lincenberg (Rain’s counsel here in the United States), as well as Yaphett Powell of FOX Broadcasting and former MBC America counsel Robert J. Kang.

The session is free; entertainment professionals and interested laypersons are invited, and it is also accredited for students.

» The “Moving Movies, Music and Television Across the Pacific” Facebook event page is HERE.

» Detailed information on event location and where to RSVP is on the Pacific Highwinds website HERE.

This is wonderful news. Ninja Assassin, a true product of cross-cultural effort, is indeed a perfect example when it comes to this type of discussion. As a matter of fact, due to his own determination to make himself available to many people across the world during the span of his career, one might say that Rain is a product of cross-cultural effort.

Congratulations, JiHoon!

Stephe @cloudusa.wordpress.com / www.cloudusa.org

Info source: HanCinema

(flyer source site: pacifichighwinds.com)

http://cloudusa.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/ucla-lecture-invitation-ninjas-and-superheroes-korean-tv-dramas-and-rain/

jini, thanks for sharing this. I hope those who are interested could go. Program begins at 7:00pm. Light meal will be provided. This is a FREE lecture. :lol:

[Mar-13-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> We are collecting money for the earthquake victims in Japan.

Hello, this is the 7th term executive board.

As news on the extensive damage from a major earthquake in Japan is broadcast day after day on television, we think all of you know about it.

Of course, we believe that we should need to take the initiative, and give out a helping hand, but we can't pretend we know nothing about that, particularly because that's where our artist Rain has been active.

We've normally done donation activities within each period of the membership, but as you know, 7th term membership account has expired to cover the server cost. In addition, we have no right to spend the money collected for a specific purpose (the 8th executive board activity cost or server cost), despite working on the recruitment of 8th membership members. So we try to raise money to help the earthquake victims separately.

We want to ask you your views as to whether we spend the money from 8th term membership account, roughly ten million won. (For your reference, we contributed 30 million won to support victims recover in Haiti)

It is not advisable for the 7th term executive board, who are not qualified as the 8th term executive board who haven't yet formally begun working, to spend the money, but that situation in that country does allow the 7th term board to bring up this point. This information has been posted even at '구름들의 사랑공간' section of this site to question 8th term Cloud membership members on their opinions.

Please send your donation by wire to the account below.

After the fund-raising, the remitter list and the total amount will be posted on this site.

The names of the remitters will be posted after being modified, so If you use any of the names during the remittance, never mind.

The period of the remittance : Till 3/22/2011 (Tue)

● The domestic account number : 486802-01-135426 / Kookmin Bank / 김예지 (recipient)

● When oversea fans use PayPal

- PayPal account : woodong002@naver.com

- When you remit the money through PayPal, please put ‘일본재해 기부금' into Subject and Note sections, respectively.

Donation has nothing to do with the amount of money.

Please remember your small support will give them big encouragement, so participate hard.

Thank you.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08080516522316&ref=3686&page=1

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. My prayers and wishes go out to Japan. :mellow:

Hi willenette, he surely is a handsome pilot. :wub: He had undergone lots of fitness training not only for this movie but also in Ninja Assassin, that's why he is so sexy but tough. :lol:

So today is White Day in Korea and since we love a Korean man very much, I want to share with you and everyone the said holiday cheer -

*quoted image*

Source:/rainstorm.exblog

anjjo, ye, I agree with you - he's surely a gorgeous & adorable pilot - not only in the movie but maybe when he enlists soon & wants to be stationed in the AF as well. Also, thanks for posting this artwork. Ye, TODAY is White Day in Korea & Japan. It's payback time for all the K-girls out there. They could give chocolate, candy, etc to their BFs. And this is only for single ladies, huh? :lol:

Hmmm, you are right, who says that his dancers got a notice already. But as they are older than Rain, I assume they should go soon as well. I think it would be great knowing that there will be some close friends with him during 2 years.

bbly, ye, I agree with you - it will be so good to know that he has some close friends inside in case. You know, I really don't know if I'd feel happy to know this that effective last month. February 2011, the duration of military service for the Army has been shortened to 21 months from 24. Before, the service period for the Navy is 28 months and the Air Force is 30 months. But under the proposed revision, the service period for the Navy would become 23 months and the Air Force would be 24 months. Whatever....shortened or not, he still has to go..... :sweatingbullets:<_<

[Mar-14-2011]<Notice from rain-jihoon> Rain's message_his condolences to the earthquake victims in Japan.

<Revised>

Hi everyone, this is Rain.

First of all, I would like to offer my heartfelt condolences and consolation to all the people in Japan.

I know that they're having a very hard time due to such a tremendous natural disaster.

I feel as if it could happen to me and my heart bleeds a lot more for them, especially as I've often visited that country.

I am sure that if we combine our strength, these difficulties could be overcome.

I hope all of Japanese Cloud fans are all right, and I'd like to offer words of consolation again.

http://rain-jihoon.com/n2/fromrain_view.php?page=1&No=14&bSeq=484

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Update)

<Notice from rain-cloud>

http://rain-jihoon.com/n2/fromrain_view.php?page=1&No=14&bSeq=484

Rain's message related to Japan's earthquake has been posted on his official homepage. We hope that his words will be great encouragement to the earthquake victims.

And, we Cloud have started a drive to raise funds for the earthquake victims in Japan.

We hope many of you will be involved in the movement.

Please click on the link below for further details.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3346&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08062719294427&ref=3349&page=1

[Mar-15-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> We Clouds support the Planting Trees Project by Chinese Cloud fans.

(Revised)

- The price per tree is 4,500 won, not 45,000won -

Hi, this is the 7th executive board.

You probably all know that our artist Rain has expressed his readiness to try to help prevent desertification in China as an honorary ambassador for the campaign to protect the environment.

Because Chinese Cloud fans follow his wish and try to join the campaign, they are conducting [Planting Trees Project]

Before his concert in China on the 26th, they're going to plant 2,000 trees in the deserts of Mongolia and elsewhere, the epicenters of the sandstorms, on the 21st when many countries all over the world will plant trees, which may actually have a positive impact on preventing the yellow-dust storms our country has been affected by every year.

So how about offering words of encouragement to Chinese Cloud fans who are conducting such a great campaign, through your comments?

If there are any fans who personally want to join the campaign, we'll deliver the money to the Chinese Cloud side if the fans send their private donations by wire to the account below. The trees are around 45,000 won each.

The term of the fund raising : until 3/20/2011(Sun)

● Domestic account number : 486802-01-135426 / the Kookmin bank / Addressee : 김예지 (Kim Ye Ji)

The names of the remitters : Please make the letters 나무 (Tree) prefixed to your own names when each of you fills out the remittance slip.

ex) 나무 정지훈/나무 Rain/ 나무 Jane/ Tree Rain/ Tree Jane.

● When oversea fans use PayPal.

-PayPal account : woodong002@naver.com

-Please put '중국 나무심기 프로젝트' (China Planting Trees Project) into Subject and Note sections respectively.

Thank you.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08062719294427&ref=3352&page=

English translation by rain bird @ rain-eu.com

<Revised info> News section#1397_ "The price per tree is 4,500 won, not 45,000won"

News section # 1397 of rain-eu contains a change, "The price per tree is 4,500 won, not 45,000won"

Sorry to have confused you,,^^

rain bird @ rain-eu.com

201-03-15

[Mar-15-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain with a fan by the user name of 쩔어

rain.jpg

쩔어. 그리고 비. (레알 월드 스타 비)

쩔어. and Rain (Real world star Rain)

And JFYI :

The term '쩔어' is a slang expression and can be slang for 'great'.

It is hardly idiomatic and is not considered good style, but it's one of the big buzz words right now.

“쩔어” is being used as the user name of the short man in the picture.

And its phonetic spelling is "jjeolro"

Source : http://yfrog.com/h7d3omqj

[Mar-15-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain offers his congratulations to a female journalist and writer.

book.jpg

책 나왔을 때 비 (정지훈) 씨가 메시지 축하 보내온. 글씨체 가 매우 인상적 ㅎ ㅎ (실은 독자 들에게 한마디 부탁 했는데.. 나한테 보내 왔음 - _)

When my book was published, Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) sent me a message of congratulations.

His handwriting is very impressive. (Actually, I asked him to say something to my readers, but he offered his congratulations to me.)

-Rain's message to the journalist and writer-

Hi, journalist 'Lee Hye Rin'! No, dear writer. haha.

I'm also trying to read a lot recently.

I'm so thankful that I'm able to read a book, thanks to you.

I hope you'll write a lot of good material in the years ahead, and at the same time will honor me with your friendship.

Thank you.

Hope it becomes a big hit !!

With best wishes from Rain.

source : http://twitpic.com/49p8ke

[Mar-15-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain is mentioned by singer 'Kim Tae Woo' in MBC TV 'Come To Play'

- Aired on 3/14/2011 -

My link

Brief summary

'Kim Tae Woo' said,

"What I really want to do in my 30s is to go on a concert tour across the world.

Whenever Rain talked about me in TV broadcasts -saying that he thanked me for buying him loaves of bread in his trainee days, I was often asked, 'Don't you envy him?', then I answered, 'I don't envy him so much'

But when I saw him being interviewed with overseas media while he was standing against a background of a chartered flight with a photo showing him printed, I really envied him. So I felt I would really like to go on a concert tour across the world in my 30s."

Credit to DC / ratoka @youtube

[Mar-16-2011] Rain's fan club 'The Cloud' so far have raised the donated fund approaching more than 15 million won as a part of a campaign to help the earthquake victims in Japan.

tn_1300235763_-1160362453_0.jpg

The Cloud, singer Rain's official fan club, has conducted a charity campaign to help the earthquake victims in Japan.

They have raised the donated fund so far that is approaching more than 15 million won with the result that they have conducted the campaign through their website since, from the 13th through the morning of the 16th.

The Cloud fan club is comprised of membership members from 12 countries such as USA, Canada, German, Poland, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Vietnam. Philippine, Malaysia, etc. including South Korea, and the total of the donations raised through the movement will go to Good Neighbors, one of International Aid agencies.

Rain felt apprehension of his more than 3,000 Japanese fan club members, including the earthquake victims in that country, and gave them words of encouragement through the website.

Meanwhile, The Cloud, Rain's fan club, is more than willing to do the beautiful ways they can help others.

They've done various voluntary activities since they volunteered for the medical and educational service activities at children's centers in 2008. Last year, they delivered around 12 million won worth of the raised collections and children's nutritional supplements to Good Neighbors.

Credit to Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20110316n06018

[Mar-16-2011] Rain offers words of consolation for the earthquake victims in Japan.

Singer Rain brought cheer to Japanese people suffering from a heavy earthquake.

Rain said some words of consolation on his official website last 14th, entitled "Hi, everyone. This is Rain."

In the writing, he offers words of consolation for them, "First of all, I would like to offer my heartfelt condolences and consolation for all the people in Japan." and "I know that they're having a very hard time due to such a tremendous natural disaster."

Continuing, he encouraged them by saying, "I feel as if it could happen to me and my heart bleeds a lot more for them, especially as I've often visited that country." and "I am sure that if we combine our strength, these difficulties could be overcome."

He brought cheer to me again, "I hope all of Japanese Cloud fans are all right, and I'd like to offer words of consolation again."

Credit to Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20110316n04164

Brief translation by ran bird.

SCREEN JUNKIES 3/15/2011 —

(http://www.screenjunkies.com/)

10 Best Korean Drama Actors

Here are the top ten best Korean drama actors that are currently popular. With charming smiles, stylish hair and swagger, these guys are being plastered on the walls of thousands. From portraying ancient Korean characters to modern drama-filled Romeos, the window of opportunities is endless. Here are some of the top Korean drama actors to keep your eyes out for.

1. Jang Geun Suk – This Korean drama actor is best known for playing Taekyung on the popular Korean drama, “You’re Beautiful.” He started off as a model and then later became a singer. He has appeared in other dramas such as “Mary Stayed out All Night” and “Beethoven’s Virus.”

2. Won Bin – Is better known for portraying Ji Hoon in, “Friends.” He is also a model like most Korean actors. He has also been in “Autumn Tale” and “Propose.”

3. Kim Hyun Joong – Kim Hyun is a Korean drama actor better known for being the leader of the popular group SS501. He is also known as for portraying Ji Hoo in “Boys over Flowers” as the rival for Gun Jun Pyo’s love interest. He has also appeared in “We Got Married” and “Playful Kiss.”

4. Lee Min Ho – He is best known as playing Gun Jun Pyo in the still popular Korean drama series, “Boys over Flowers,” that was adapted from a Japanese manga. He is also a model and a singer. His other drama appearances include “Personal Preference” and “I’m Sam.”

5. Bae Yong Jun – This Korean drama actor is better known for portraying Kang Joon Sang in “Winter Sonata” which is adapted from the anime. Bae can also be seen in the dramas “The Legend” and the recent drama, “Dream High.”

epi3_25.jpg?w=192&h=300

6. Bi (Rain) – Although Bi is a famous Korean R&B singer, he is also a very well known Korean drama actor. He is most known for portraying Lee Young Jae in “Full House.” Bi has also appeared in “Fugitive: Plan B” and “A Love to Kill.”

7. Kim Bum – He is a Korean drama actor who is best known for playing Dong Chul in “East of Eden.” He’s also appeared in “Boys over Flowers” and “The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry.”

8. Joo Jin Mo – Joo is known for playing Nam Jae II in the drama “Dream” along side Kim Bum. He has also appeared in the following dramas “Fashion 70s” and “Bicheonomu.”

9. Dennis Oh – He is best known for playing Mike Packard on “East of Eden.” Dennis has also appeared in “Witch Amusement” and the currently airing, “Fall In Love.”

10. Kwon Sang Woo – Kwon is a Korean drama actor that is known for portraying the two characters Lee Joon Hee and Oh Dae San in “Cinderella Man.” He has also been in “We Are Dating Now” and “Stairway to Heaven.”

credit/Source:Stephe @cloudusa.wordpress.com

------------------------------

[Mar-16-2011]<Info>The pre-selling of 'The Fugitive Plan B' DVD begins.

Revised

The pre-selling of DVD of KBS 2TV drama 'The Fugitive Plan B' starring Rain and 'Lee Na Young', has begun.

It will be subtitled in English.

The selling price is 110,000 won.(around US $ 97.26)

Its products will be on the market on March 25, 2011.

They are scheduled to be sent out on March 26, 2011. (It it will be based on pre-selling)

The domestic shipping and handling fee is free.

바로구매하기 : making a buying decision

회원주문로그인: logging in for membership

비회원주문로그인 : logging in for nonmembership

로그인 : log in

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/4776160?scode=032&OzSrank=1

SCREEN JUNKIES 3/15/2011 —

(http://www.screenjunkies.com/)

10 Best Korean Drama Actors

Here are the top ten best Korean drama actors that are currently popular. With charming smiles, stylish hair and swagger, these guys are being plastered on the walls of thousands. From portraying ancient Korean characters to modern drama-filled Romeos, the window of opportunities is endless. Here are some of the top Korean drama actors to keep your eyes out for.

1. Jang Geun Suk – This Korean drama actor is best known for playing Taekyung on the popular Korean drama, “You’re Beautiful.” He started off as a model and then later became a singer. He has appeared in other dramas such as “Mary Stayed out All Night” and “Beethoven’s Virus.”

2. Won Bin – Is better known for portraying Ji Hoon in, “Friends.” He is also a model like most Korean actors. He has also been in “Autumn Tale” and “Propose.”

3. Kim Hyun Joong – Kim Hyun is a Korean drama actor better known for being the leader of the popular group SS501. He is also known as for portraying Ji Hoo in “Boys over Flowers” as the rival for Gun Jun Pyo’s love interest. He has also appeared in “We Got Married” and “Playful Kiss.”

4. Lee Min Ho – He is best known as playing Gun Jun Pyo in the still popular Korean drama series, “Boys over Flowers,” that was adapted from a Japanese manga. He is also a model and a singer. His other drama appearances include “Personal Preference” and “I’m Sam.”

5. Bae Yong Jun – This Korean drama actor is better known for portraying Kang Joon Sang in “Winter Sonata” which is adapted from the anime. Bae can also be seen in the dramas “The Legend” and the recent drama, “Dream High.”

*quoted image*

6. Bi (Rain) – Although Bi is a famous Korean R&B singer, he is also a very well known Korean drama actor. He is most known for portraying Lee Young Jae in “Full House.” Bi has also appeared in “Fugitive: Plan B” and “A Love to Kill.”

7. Kim Bum – He is a Korean drama actor who is best known for playing Dong Chul in “East of Eden.” He’s also appeared in “Boys over Flowers” and “The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry.”

8. Joo Jin Mo – Joo is known for playing Nam Jae II in the drama “Dream” along side Kim Bum. He has also appeared in the following dramas “Fashion 70s” and “Bicheonomu.”

9. Dennis Oh – He is best known for playing Mike Packard on “East of Eden.” Dennis has also appeared in “Witch Amusement” and the currently airing, “Fall In Love.”

10. Kwon Sang Woo – Kwon is a Korean drama actor that is known for portraying the two characters Lee Joon Hee and Oh Dae San in “Cinderella Man.” He has also been in “We Are Dating Now” and “Stairway to Heaven.”

credit/Source:Stephe @cloudusa.wordpress.com

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. Wow, almost some of my favorite actors are in the list & of course, my 3-BIG MEN - hehehe. I've watched WB's "Friends" & "Propose" but not really liking his acting in these 2-dramas. They say KHJ is "stiff" when he acts but I find him fine. I've watched all his dramas even "WGM". I also like LMH but didn't watch "I am Sam" - Oh, my BYJ & KSW - I never missed any one of their works - except that for BYJ I just watched "Dream High" EP1-4 only because these were the only episodes he was in. KB? I like him, too but can't remember he was in "EOE" maybe I focused my attention too much only towards Song Seung Hun. I've watched all works also of JJM. :lol:

Guest Kicia

[03-16][info]The pre-selling of 'The Fugitive Plan B' DVD

The Fugitive PLAN B: KBS Drama (English Subtitles) DVD

DVD Release Date March 25, 2011

[info]The pre-selling of 'The Fugitive Plan B' DVD begins.

The pre-selling of DVD of KBS 2TV drama 'The Fugitive Plan B' starring Rain and 'Lee Na Young', has begun.

It will be subtitled in English.

The selling price is 110,000 won.(around US $ 97.26)

Its products will be on the market on March 25, 2011.

They are scheduled to be sent out on March 26, 2011. (It it will be based on pre-selling)

The domestic shipping and handling fee is free.

바로구매하기 : making a buying decision

회원주문로그인: logging in for membership

비회원주문로그인 : logging in for nonmembership

로그인 : log in

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/4776160?scode=032&OzSrank=1

110316 SBS_Cheer Up! Japan_Rain

scorpiola 2011-03-17

http://rain-cloud.co.kr

e3.JPG

110316 SBS_힘내세요!_일본 (Cheer Up! Japan)_Rain's cheer message to people in Japan

Credit: vRIS @ DC // scorpiolabi1 @ youtube

-------------------------------------

[Mar-17-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's cheer message to people in Japan _SBS 'Cheer up! Japan.

-Aired on 3/16/2011-

Rain's message:

I think helping the many local people including Korean Japanese suffering from the deadly earthquakes to return to a better stable life as quickly as possible, is an urgent priority.

Credit: vRIS @ DC // scorpiolabi1 @ youtube

-------------------------------------

[Mar-17-2011] The first shooting of movie 'Red Muffler' starring Rain takes place.

-Based on Rain-

A scene in the blockbuster film, 'Red Muffler', was shot for the first time at a club in Seoul's Kangnam-gu on the 15th, where the main characters 'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain), 'Lee Ha Na', 'Lee Jong Seok', etc. play in the movie were gathering together at a welcoming party for Flight Lieutenant 'Jung Tae Hoon' (Jung Ji Hoon or Rain plays) who has become a part of 'The 21st Combat Wing'.

'Jung Ji Hoon' gave off his childlike charm to the fullest in the scene that tells the story of Flight Lieutenant 'Jung Tae Hoon' (he plays) bragging about his adventurous acrobatic flight, despite having been demoted from 'Black Eagles', a special air force group, to the combat wing with the result that he has gotten himself into a big trouble.

'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain) stated his feelings about having started shooting, "I play a very fascinating character who takes the head in dealing with problems in a critical situation that might soon turn into a war, even though having a characteristic type of unpredictableness. I think we've off to a good start because we do agree in tone."

Meanwhile, as a film crew specializing in airplanes which has ever helped create not only hollywood blockbusters such as 'Inception', 'Dark Knight', 'Con Air', etc. but also other movies, 'Sky Fighters', 'Stealth', etc. has started joining the Red Muffler team, expectations are growing.

Credit to Sports Josun http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=076&aid=0002089814