Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Hi bbly, I contest to this - you wrote "children" - you're so bad - hehehe. About his MS, you know that I could never get used to it.....maybe in time. I really felt sad & bad about the "summer" mentioned in there - I thought the same way as you do, just a couple of months away.....Sigh..... <_<

My dear friend, don't want to fight with you :lol: but I wrote "I love chicken" in my post (please check it) as I was referring to Se7en's chicken restaurant. ;):P

Yes, I know how you feel. When I read that article about summer, I felt the same thing: it is closer than we think, so I am really grateful for each day we have Rain with us.

[Feb-27-2011] Rain is to join the army in late 2011 after doing his film and music careers.

st_1298620141_-1874820064_0.jpg

Regarding his military service, singer Rain has made it clear that he'll follow the Military Manpower Administration's decision without protest.

During the phone call with Sports Today, part of Asia Economy, on February 25th, his agent expressed, "He'll know exactly when to join the army if he receives formal notification from the MMA. He'll abide by its decision and no question asked."

Continuing, "He'll engage in his film and music careers before joining the army. Movie 'Red Muffler' starring him will begin filming upcoming March, and his album will also be released that time."

Meanwhile, Rain was about to join the army last year, but he asked for a delay in the date of that to the MMA because he had to appear in KBS 2TV drama 'the Fugitive Plan B'.

Credit to Sports Today http://news.nate.com/view/20110225n15405?mid=e0100

Brief translation by rain bird.

------------------------------------

Rain Esquire Photos Collage

2011-02-17

9b5f99dc6710b48fd2ae3952647b02d4.png

Source:/blog.goo.ne.jp/rain-love2

-------------------------------------

[Feb-27-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud>The current status of both the application for 8th Cloud membership and remittance from the applicants_Only for those who living in Korea.

(including foreign residents in Korea)

Hello, this is the 7th Cloud executive board.

Here is the announcemnet about 'the list of the applicants for 8th Cloud membership' and 'the list of the remitters after applying for it'

We'd appreciate it if you refer to them.

In case of 'Park Min Jeong' member on the list of the applicants for 8th Cloud membership', only both her name and ID have been included in the contents due to an error, so please fill out the form for membership again.

If there any simple error in the process of applying for membership or remiiting the money, please write your comments in the blank spaces below.

*26일까지 가입신청 명단 :

The list of the applicants for 8th Cloud membership until the 26th

*26일까지 입금명단 :

The list of the remitters after the application for 8th Cloud membership until the 26th,

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3316&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

English translation by rain bird.

I am curious if a lot of fans overseas due to the easy payment will sign up. It is nice of considering those fans as the bank fees are crazy high. I have done myself several bank transfers to Asia and I paid mostly the almost 100% of the amount/invoice as fees. :crazy:

[Feb-27-2011] <Eng.trans> What Rain did for 3 days, from Friday to Sunday_Info from Twitter

금요일;빽여친과 코엑스에서 영화관람토요일:빽여친과 한강고수부지에서 자전거 탐일요일:빽여친과 동아냉면집에서 얌얌트윗에 뜬것들인데ㅋ빽여친의 위엄이란 ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ

Friday (the 25th) : He saw a movie at a theater in COEX with his close friend Baegka.

Saturday (the 26th) : He was cycling along a path made on the high water bed in Han-Gang Park in Seoul with Baegka.

Sunday (the 27th) : He ate yummy Naengmyeon at a restaurant called 'DongAh Naengmyeon' ( which features iced noodles) with Baegka.

This information is obtained from Twitter ㅋ

Baegka's presence itself awes me. ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ

Source : DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=293323&page=1&bbs=

English translation by rain bird

[Feb-27-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> The duplicated existing questions have been removed.

Hi, this is 7th Cloud executive board.

We've dealt with all of your enquiries.

The bulletin board is in quite a complicated situation due to 8th Cloud membership application period.

And, the duplicated existing questions have been removed since you keep asking us the same ones over and over.

We ask for your understanding regarding this matter.

Thank you.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08062719294427&ref=3320&page=1

[Feb-27-2011]<Notice from rin-cloud>Regarding an error which occurs at the blank spaces below where your comments are posted.

Hi, this is the 7th Cloud executive board.

The server is in an unexpected state as there are errors at the blank spaces below where your comments are posted, so your written comments aren't often seen.

Also, even in the case of Secret Comment (비밀글), unknown errors have suddenly occurred when trying to delete your own posts.

That's why we called our computer repair shop to fix these two things, but we couldn't contact them.

So maybe we should wait until Monday (the 28th)

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but please just be patient.

We'll give you our answers at the main body of the section if you ask us some questions at either 구름가득한방 or 구름들의 사랑공간 section, so please check the main body where your comments have been posted even if there is no indication.

And, '구름가득한방' section is in quite a complicated situation because of 8th Cloud membership application period, so please use Q&A section if you ask us some personal questions.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3317&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Multilingual Lee Da-hae Picked to Host Seoul Art and Culture Awards

*quoted image*

Lee Da-hae

Actress Lee Da-hae will host the 2nd Seoul Art and Culture Awards to be held in Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium on Monday.

The awards honor figures in the entertainment industry who showed outstanding performances or activities. Among last year's recipients were Girls' Generation, Rain, Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Bum-soo.

This year's ceremony will broaden its focus, so people from culturally marginalized groups have been invited. And some 1,500 tourists from Japan, China and Southeast Asia are also expected to fill the seats.

Lee has been chosen as she is fluent in English and Chinese, having demonstrated her language abilities when she hosted the 2009 Asia Song Festival.

Source:englishnews@chosun.com / Feb. 25, 2011

anjjo, this event will be tonight! So glad to see LDH once again. She's chosen because she's fluent in English yes but fluent in Chinese, no idea. I heard her speaking some in the drama "My Girl", but I'm not Chinese so I don't know if she sounded fluent or not. But it is remarkable that she has the inclination and interest to attempt to learn another language aside from his native language. Understandable to be fluent in English since she stayed outside Korea (Australia) for quite a while. Can't wait to see RAIN later. :lol:

Oh, we really get used to this as soon as possible. :( Summer? That is only in couple of months.

bbly, this was already corrected by JTune Camp. It won't be in summer time but instead late this year. Maybe anytime from October-December. By this time his filming should have been ended. He should get as much rest as he can before doing military duty. Sigh....nothing to say this time but good luck to him serving his country. <_<

anjjo, this event will be tonight! So glad to see LDH once again. She's chosen because she's fluent in English yes but fluent in Chinese, no idea. I heard her speaking some in the drama "My Girl", but I'm not Chinese so I don't know if she sounded fluent or not. But it is remarkable that she has the inclination and interest to attempt to learn another language aside from his native language. Understandable to be fluent in English since she stayed outside Korea (Australia) for quite a while. Can't wait to see RAIN later. :lol:

Hi willenette, yes, this awarding ceremony will be tonight and we have something to look forward to. BTW, Pau told us then that she with our other co-cloudPh members will be in Korea at this time, they are there now and lucky enough to secure tickets for the event. :D Here's the pic of the tickets:

img_1903-500x666.jpg

Source:http://www.bandstalker.com/blog/

pic credit: Agent P or as tagged

It is wonderful that some fans from the Phl are now there to cheer for Rain :wub: and maybe they can share some updates and pics later.

Rain caps at Making the BLAQ STYLE

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Source:rainstorm.exblog

anjjo, thanks for posting these captures. Hahaha - I love the way he interacts with his boys. These shots were created on a funny note, still RAIN never fails to amaze me. He's making me fall in love all over again. He is always so freaking HOT! Awesome captures! :sweatingbullets:

Hi willenette, yes, this awarding ceremony will be tonight and we have something to look forward to. BTW, Pau told us then that she with our other co-cloudPh members will be in Korea at this time, they are there now and lucky enough to secure tickets for the event. :D Here's the pic of the tickets:

*quoted image*

Source:http://www.bandstalker.com/blog/

pic credit: Agent P or as tagged

It is wonderful that some fans from the Phl are now there to cheer for Rain :wub: and maybe they can share some updates and pics later.

anjjo, can't wait for this, dear. I hope we could get more news & photos from Pau & co. soon. I share their joy - glad that they were there & were able to get some tix for themselves. Although he won't perform but seems fun. As long as we can see him. :lol:

Stars to Join Reenactment of Korean War Battle

2011022801060_0.jpg

The Defense Ministry wants singer Rain and actor Hyun Bin to participate in a reenactment of a battle in the Nakdong River area during the Korean War, it said Friday.

The event, which is scheduled for September, is one of a dozen projects to be carried out by the ministry to mark the 60th anniversary of the Korean War last year.

Hyun will begin his military service in March, and Rain in September.

englishnews@chosun.com / Feb. 28, 2011 11:39 KST

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/02/28/2011022801239.html

Rain To Start His Military Duties Later This Year

e_110225_01.jpg

One of Korea's biggest stars, Rain is planning to start his mandatory military service in the latter half of this year.

Rain's entertainment representative revealed on February 25th to Star News, "Rain is thinking of serving his compulsory military duties during the latter half of this year. He is planning on following whatever order the Military Manpower Association gives him. Before then, he has plans of an album and movie release. The filming of the movie "Red Muffler" will start in March while the release of a new album is also in talks."

The singer was actually supposed to enter the military last year, but with the new project "Runaway Fugitive" from KBS 2TV popping up, he had postponed his service.

Credit : KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/entertainment/enter_chart_detail.htm?No=14201

[Feb-28-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> Voting Test_What is Rain's most attractive feature?

Hi, this is 7th Cloud executive board.

Whenever we take a vote on an issue, the sever has problem.

It's just a period of repair, so we try to test the functionality of voting.

We'd appreciate any comments on whether you can smoothly vote for your favourite or whether duplicate voting is possible or whether there are any things that bother you during the voting.

If there is any problem, please write your comments in the blank space below.

If you click the image of Rain, it'll jump to the next page of the site. ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

(If you want to open the web page by using 'Refresh' menu, please click the image below while pushing the SHIFT)

icon.jpg

-Sampling-

비에게서 가장 끌리는 부분은 무엇인가요? : What is Rain's most attractive feature?

귀여운 얼굴 : lovely face

완벽한 몸매 : perfect body

카리스마 : charisma.

인간성 : humanity

섹시한 분위기 : sexy appeal

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08062719294427&ref=3321&page=

-----------------------------------

More Rain pics @ 2nd Korea culture Art Award

c0047605_2051331.jpg

c0047605_20123568.jpg

c0047605_2035955.jpg

c0047605_1925863.jpg

bbly, this was already corrected by JTune Camp. It won't be in summer time but instead late this year. Maybe anytime from October-December. By this time his filming should have been ended. He should get as much rest as he can before doing military duty. Sigh....nothing to say this time but good luck to him serving his country. <_<

I have seen that notice afterwards as well and I wanted to kick myself for once again believing always so fast every word from the media. I think right now nobody knows when Rain will leave, not even himself as he is apparently still waiting for the notificaiton.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

How can he be so wonderful? Really, forget the award, forget his drop-dead gorgeous look, but just look at him and how he is with the little girl, not letting her go from his side, smiling and watching her :wub: . Seriously Ji-hoon ssi, get quickly married and have your dream come true to have many pretty daughters. blush.gif

[Feb-28-2011]Rain's charismatic features shown even while clapping his hands at the 2nd annual Korea Seoul Culture Art Grand Prize Awards.

28_135721.jpg

201102282022161001_1.jpg

PYH2011022811940001300_P2.jpg

The 2nd annual Korea Seoul Culture Art Grand Prize Awards ceremony was held in Olympic Sport Stadium on February 28th, at 7:00 pm.

The pictures show Rain posing for photographers and stating his feelings about having received the award during the ceremony.

Artists who had been most active in the entertainment and culture worlds in 2010, were selected as the winners of the awards, and Rain was selected as one of the winners of the awards in the category of "World Star Grand Prize"

Credit to TV Edaily http://news.nate.com/view/20110228n26915

Photo credit : as tagged

------------------------------------------

110228 SSTV_ Rain @ The 2nd Korea Seoul Art & Culture Awards

scorpiola 2011-03-01 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

bng.JPG

Credit: SSTV // scorpiolabibi @ youtube

가수 비, 월드스타 대상 수상... 오늘도 '....

110228 스팟TV_ Rain @ The 2nd Korea Seoul Art & Culture Awards

V0004.JPG

Credit: 스팟TV (Spot TV) // scorpiolabibi @ youtube

월드스타 대상 비, 딸바보 수상소감

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo & jini, thanks for posting more photos. RAIN is gorgeous! Maybe this time I got used to his hair since I gradually appreciate his looks. That hair is no longer "ugly" in my eyes. It's really a matter of time..... :sweatingbullets:

110228 SSTV_ Rain @ The 2nd Korea Seoul Art & Culture Awards

*quoted image*

Credit: SSTV // scorpiolabibi @ youtube

가수 비, 월드스타 대상 수상... 오늘도 '....

110228 스팟TV_ Rain @ The 2nd Korea Seoul Art & Culture Awards

*quoted image*

Credit: 스팟TV (Spot TV) // scorpiolabibi @ youtube

월드스타 대상 비, 딸바보 수상소감

anjjo, thanks for sharing these clips. It really shows how he's fond of little girls - he really wants a daughter someday.....Gosh, that little girl, how lucky can she get, huh? She just can't take off her eyes on RAIN.....she's very cute! :sweatingbullets:

[Feb-28-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain saying in his acceptance speech at the 2nd annual Korea Seoul Culture Art Grand Prize Awards.

My link

0:44~1:23

Hi everyone, this is 'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain)

Actually, I wanted to be kissed from these kids rather than receive the award.

Like I’ve said several times in the past, I really want to have such a girl if I get married.

Anyway, I wonder how I dare to deserve this award I've never heard of.

I'd like to thank you all for this wonderful award.

Dare I say, I'll continue to do it to the best of my ability as a singer and actor to do such a great work that would fit with the image of the name of the award.

Thank you.

Up by ratoka300 @ You Tube

Rain and Sin Se-kyeong "The Red Muffler - 2011" extreme casting

20110228165004598.jpg

Movie "The Red Muffler - 2011" is thing of the issue with its powerful lead and supporting cast.

This movie is an air action blockbuster about the Korean Air Force pilots and their risky missions to resolve the volatile situations at the Korean Peninsula. The megaphone is in the hands of director Kim Dong-weon and this will be the first time in Korea for pilots to be the subject matter and first time for air battle scenes.

Rain had previously selected this project to be his last before he serves in the army, after the drama "The Fugitive Plan B" at the end of last year. His partner to lead with him is rising star of Chungmuro, Sin Se-kyeong.

Not only Rain and Sin Se-kyeong but Yoo Joon-sang, Kim Sung-soo, Lee Ha-na and other veteran actors are in the line up. In addition, Jeong Seok-won who is well known for being an actor from the Marine Corps and Lee Jong-suk who played Sun in "Secret Garden" and rose to stardom right away.

20110228165004603.jpg

Oh Dal-Soo who hit it off really well with Kim Myeong-min in movie "Detective K" is also eagerly looking through the conditions of being on board.

A person in the movie said, "The actors are currently working hard in action schools. The movie will start shooting sometime in mid-March".

20110228165004608.jpg

It is expected that this movie will present air action scenes and brilliant speed like never seen before in the country with the help of professional air shooting team, that shot movies like "Inception", "Con Air", "Dark Knight", "Maha 2.6" and "Stealth".

Source : movie.daum.net/moviei... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

March 1, 2011

Rain, SNSD among winners of 2011 Seoul Art & Culture Award

20110301000027_0.jpg

Girls' Generation (Yonhap News)

The Korean entertainers considered to have advanced Korean art and culture in 11 categories last year gathered at the Olympic Gymnastics Stadium in southeastern Seoul to receive the 2011 Seoul Art & Culture Award on Monday.

20110228001145_0.jpg

Attendees to 2011 Seoul Art & Culture Award ceremony pose for a photo at Olympic Park in southern Seoul, Monday. (Yonhap News)

Rain picked up the world star award, recognized for his cross-continental popularity as a singer and actor. Nine-member girl group Girls’ Generation, a.k.a. SNSD, garnered the best Korean pop award for greatly boosting K-pop album sales through their second album “Oh!.”

Jeon Do-yeon, the 2007 Cannes Film Festival best actress winner, received the best film actor/actress for her role in the 2010 film “The Housemaid,” while actor Lee Beom-soo took the best TV drama actor award for his role in an SBS hit drama “Giant.”

TV drama scriptwriter Kang Eun-kyeong was awarded the best drama writer for her 2010 work “Love, Bread and Dreams,” while MBC producers Kim Jin-man and Kim Hyeon-cheol won the best TV documentary for “Tears of the Amazon.”

Talent agency S.M. Entertainment’s founder and chairman Lee Soo-man, who nurtured numerous popular K-pop artists such as BoA, TVXQ and Super Junior, won the best K-pop producer. Musical and TV drama actor Jung Sung-hwa topped the musical category for the 2010 musical “Hero.”

The winners were selected by a committee of 20 cultural experts, chaired by Samhwa Networks CEO Shin Hyeon-taek, according to the event organizer Korean Association of Seoul Artistic & Culture, an organization under the Seoul Metropolitan Government.

Sponsored by government agencies including the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Ministry of Health and Welfare, the award ceremony was accompanied by a series of cultural performances for the economically disadvantaged.

About 8,000 audience members included child breadwinners, the disabled, multi-cultural families and international travelers. Actress Lee Da-hae, who is fluent in English and Chinese, was the MC for the event.

The ceremony kicked off with a cross-over performance on a Korean folk song “Arirang,” by Korean traditional percussion artist Kim Duk-soo, baritone Seo Jeong-hak and the Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra.

A group belly dance and a group dancesport followed and Girls’ Generation wrapped up the performance.

The event was different from other cultural awards in that it was organized for the people who usually find it difficult to go to concerts and performing arts, the KASAC said.

By Kim Yoon-mi (yoonmi@heraldm.com)

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20110228000758

*** RAIN looks dashing in that suit. He is looking hotter than ever! Another additional to his massive award collection! Congratulations to all the winners especially to World Star Rain! Those who won are recognized for globally expanding Korean culture. :sweatingbullets:

Winners at the 2nd Seoul Cultural Arts Awards

The 2nd Seoul Cultural Arts Awards took place on the evening of February 28th at the Seoul Olympic Park with plenty of stars in attendance as awards receipients, presenters, or attendees.

Organized by the Seoul Cultural Arts Association, and into its 2nd year of running, the awards ceremony seeks to acknowledge those who have contributed in spreading Korea’s culture in 2010 through broadcast, movies, songs, etc, with a total of 11 awards being awarded. The awards ceremony also seeks to introduce the richness of Korean culture with various cultural performances.

Stars who were in attendance included Lee So Yeon, Park Shin Hye, Rain, Harisu, Eugene, Lee Bum Soo, Kim Dong Wan, Lee Da Hae, Jeon Do Yeon, SNSD, and many more.

The following are the list of winners:

▲ Special Award – Kim Young Jin (KBS ‘Thank You For Your Smile’ PD)

World Star Award – Rain

▲ Documentary Broadcast Award – Kim Jin Man, Kim Hyun Chul (MBC ‘Amazon’s Tears’ PD)

▲ Drama Scriptwriter Award – Kang Eun Kyung (KBS ‘Baker King Kim Tak Goo’)

▲ Drama Production Award – Lee Byung Hun (MBC ‘Dong Yi’)

▲ Movie Actor’s Award – Jeon Do Yeon (Movie ‘The Housemaid’)

▲ Drama Actor’s Award – Lee Bum Soo (SBS ‘Giant’)

▲ Pop Music Producer’s Award – Lee Soo Man (SM Entertainment)

▲ Film Maker’s Award – Ryu Seung Wan (Movie ‘Bad Deal’)

▲ Pop Music Award – SNSD (2nd Album ‘Oh!’)

▲ Musical Actor’s Award – Jung Sung Hwa (Musical ‘Heroes’)

20110228_seoul_cultural_awards_4-150x150.jpg20110228_seoul_cultural_awards_5-150x150.jpg20110228_seoul_cultural_awards_14-150x150.jpg20110228_seoul_cultural_awards_15-150x150.jpg20110228_seoul_cultural_awards_25-150x150.jpg

Source : allkpop

[Mar-01-2011] Rain's fans promise to make a regular contribution to help needy African children.

coming201102281954550.jpg

Fans of singer and actor Rain have engaged themselves to make not a one-time contribution but a regular one to support African children until the children are 18 years old.

They made a 600,000 won donation to Good Neighbors under the name "Dream called Rain falling on Africa" on February 28th, and will give another donation under the same name even on the 1st.

The funds have been collected by Rain's 67 fans who have promised to make a regular contribution to help the children under his name.

They had donated money to charities under his name so far, but they felt deep regret about being just one-off thing, thus they've come to come up with such a plan to regularly help them.

Meanwhile, Rain's fans from each of 12 countries made a 12,000,000 won donation to Good Neighbors at that time when Rain appeared in KBS 2TV drama 'the Fugitive Plan B' last year.

Credit to Sports Hankook http://news.nate.com/view/20110301n02090

Bref translation by rain bird.

A Firmament of Stars at Seoul Art and Culture Awards

2011030100527_0.jpg

Singer and actor Rain speaks after winning the World Star Award at 2nd Seoul Art and Culture Awards held in Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium on Monday.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Credit : Chosun Ilbo

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/03/01/2011030100597.html - TO VIEW MORE OTHER PHOTOS

Rain Reveals Military, Album and Movie Plans

201-03-01

5459-btj5so73i6.jpg

Rain's representative revealed to Star News on the 25th, that "Rain is thinking of serving his compulsory military duties during the latter half of this year".

Rain previously postponed his mandatory military services to participate in KBS 2TV's 'Fugitive' last year. He then revealed that he would be making his entry in the military in 2011. We also reported earlier that he would be starring in 'Red Muffler' this year.

His representative further revealed, "He is planning on following whatever order the Military Manpower Association gives him. Before then, he has plans of an album and movie release. The filming of the movie "Red Muffler" will start in March while the release of a new album is also in talks."

Yes, that's right. Rain fans can anticipate an album this year!

Stay tuned to GoKpop for more update.

Source:gokpop.com

[03-01] 11-03-01 Rain @ Beijing Airport

credit as tagged //raincloudhk, ratoka-rainlegend

BeijingairpiortgoingtoKoreanyouthenvironmentalgreen.jpg

[03-01] 110301 Rain @ SOHU

Credit : scorpiola/ratoka-rainlegend

Rain arrived @ SOHU. He'll be interviewed by SOHU in Beijing starts @ 2pm (Beijing Time)

GreenAmbassadorBeijinginterviewbysohu.jpg

GreenAmbassadorbeijinginterviewbysohu3.jpg

GreenAmbassdorbeijinginterviewbysohu8.jpg

Various Stars Honored at the 2nd Seoul Cultural and Arts Awards

5464-t2us5kil7d.jpg

Rain and SNSD were awarded for their accomplishments amongst many others at the 2nd Seoul Cultural Arts Awards, which were held on the evening of February 28th.

The 2nd Seoul Cultural Arts Awards, which were held on February 28th at the Seoul Olympic Park, boasted a the attendance of some of Korea's brightest stars, and honored them accordingly.

Organized by the Seoul Cultural Arts Association, the event ceremony is intended to acknowledge those who have made profound contributions to the Korean culture throughout the last year, 2010, via music, television, film, and so forth, with eleven award categories in total. The ceremony also looks to display the richness of the Korean culture through various performances.

Stars who were in attendance included Lee So Yeon, Park Shin Hye, Rain, Eugene, Lee Bum Soo, Kim Dong Wan, Lee Da Hae, Jeon Do Yeon, SNSD, amongst many others.

Those honored at the 2nd Seoul Cultural Awards are as follows:

- Special Award: Kim Young Jin (KBS "Thank You For Your Smile" PD)

- World Star Award: Rain (Bi)

- Documentary Broadcast Award : Kim Jin Man, Kim Hyun Chul (MBC "Amazon's Tears" PD)

- Drama Scriptwriter Award: Kang Eun Kyung (KBS "Baker King Kim Tak Goo")

- Drama Production Award: Lee Byung Hun (MBC "Dong Yi")

- Movie Actor's Award: Jeon Do Yeon (Movie "The Housemaid")

- Drama Actor’s Award: Lee Bum Soo (SBS "Giant")

- Pop Music Producer's Award: Lee Soo Man (SM Entertainment)

- Film Maker’s Award: Ryu Seung Wan (Movie ‘"Bad Deal")

- Pop Music Award: SNSD (2nd Album "Oh!")

- Musical Actor’s Award: Jung Sung Hwa (Musical "Heroes")

5464-09cea43a33.jpg

5464-cyjpgjfohh.jpg

5464-dutgy7wls1.jpg

And in conclusion is the closing of the ceremony (as well as a TaeNy spotting):

My link

source : gokpop

[Mar-01-2011] Rain named an honorary ambassador for a campaign for prevent China's desertification.

35197428.3.jpg

Rain named an honorary ambassador for a campaign organized by the Chinese Communist Party, to prevent excessive desertification, which is leading to rampant yellow dust storms, will attend its welcome ceremony to receive the letter of appointment in Beijing on March 1st.

According to his agent, Rain has already recorded a theme song for preventing desertification and will leave for Beijing on the 1st, and after that, he'll be back home on the 3rd..

Rain has been regularly invited to each of the country's national events as not only is he the only Korean celebrity to have performed during the closing ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, his exclusive performance was also given even during the closing ceremony of the 2010 Guangzhou Olympic Games.

An official from his agent expressed, "Rain has accepted the invitation to take up the post of Honorary Ambassador in hope that the work for preventing the country's desertification would be at least a little more helpful in preventing rampant yellow dust storms which cause much damage to all parts of Korea every year."

Credit to Sports DongA http://news.nate.com/view/20110228n22267

------------------------------------------

[03-01] 110301Press conference at BEIJING

c0047605_18351269.jpg

c0047605_18352275.jpg

c0047605_18353125.jpg

Source:/rainstorm.exblog

Guest angelordevil

[Mar-01-2011]Rain and actress 'Sin Se Kyung' perform a special ceremony for movie 'Red Muffler'

Rain and actress 'Sin Se Kyung' attended a special ceremony performed to seek to finish shooting movie 'Red Muffler' without any serious accident and to see that it becomes a big hit, on the roof of a film studio building located in Seoul's Kangnam, on the afternoon of February 28th.

These two received a big round of applause by saying on behalf of all members of the cast, "We're honored to star in this movie and work with veteran staffs. We'll never lose our sense of smile on the scene, and we'll do our best."

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110301n12592

Hi anjjo & jini, thanks for posting more photos. RAIN is gorgeous! Maybe this time I got used to his hair since I gradually appreciate his looks. That hair is no longer "ugly" in my eyes. It's really a matter of time..... :sweatingbullets:

Credit : Chosun Ilbo

Wow, finally you like the hair too, dear! Happy to hear that.

A big thank you to all of you for posting the so many pictures of Rain!

Rain Reveals Military, Album and Movie Plans

201-03-01

*quoted image*

Rain's representative revealed to Star News on the 25th, that "Rain is thinking of serving his compulsory military duties during the latter half of this year".

Rain previously postponed his mandatory military services to participate in KBS 2TV's 'Fugitive' last year. He then revealed that he would be making his entry in the military in 2011. We also reported earlier that he would be starring in 'Red Muffler' this year.

His representative further revealed, "He is planning on following whatever order the Military Manpower Association gives him. Before then, he has plans of an album and movie release. The filming of the movie "Red Muffler" will start in March while the release of a new album is also in talks."

Yes, that's right. Rain fans can anticipate an album this year!

Stay tuned to GoKpop for more update.

Source:gokpop.com

Good, so hopefully we will have an album after all.

thanks for sharing!

Rain and little girls - fate or coincidence? It is cute how the 4 wear a Rain t-shirt each.

[03-01] 11-03-01 Clip - Rain inteview @ SOHU

credit : DC // re-up ratoka @ youtube

My link

Thank you very much for sharing this link!

[Mar-01-2011] Rain named an honorary ambassador for a campaign for prevent China's desertification.

Wishing him all the best for this new responsibility!

[Mar-01-2011]Rain and actress 'Sin Se Kyung' perform a special ceremony for movie 'Red Muffler'

Rain and actress 'Sin Se Kyung' attended a special ceremony performed to seek to finish shooting movie 'Red Muffler' without any serious accident and to see that it becomes a big hit, on the roof of a film studio building located in Seoul's Kangnam, on the afternoon of February 28th.

These two received a big round of applause by saying on behalf of all members of the cast, "We're honored to star in this movie and work with veteran staffs. We'll never lose our sense of smile on the scene, and we'll do our best."

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110301n12592

I hope everything goes smooth and that the movie will be a hit! I wish we could have seen some material of this ceremony. I am always fascinated by this traditions in Asia.