Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

some more pics of the press conf

Rain attends "Ninja Assassin" press conference

Singer and actor Rain attends a press conference for his Hollywood film "Ninja Assassin" held at Lotte Hotel in Seoul, South Korea on November 9, 2009.

2009112618051183428_2.jpg

Singer and actor Rain [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

2009112618051183428_3.jpg

2009112618051183428_4.jpg

2009112618051183428_5.jpg

Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest tyty6_7

Box Office : Weekend Predictions

by Phil Contrino

November 26, 2009 7:25 AM

http://boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2009...dictions-38.php

Thank you for the news...

With only about 2500 theaters, $3.3 milions for the first opening day is not that bad....

Hope more moviegoers will watch it at the weekend....

Bam, I am glad that NA made you more focus on our Rain again...hehehe...

I cant wait for my second time watching ninja Rain today....

26.11.09 Ninja Assassin premiere in HK

1259251170487432_file.jpg

credit: Ninja@rainhk

Thanks Angelordevil.....OMG!!! OMG!! He looks so handsome in all the pictures!! I like the director's hat on him!!

Looks so boyish...mann..I can't wait to see him next week!!!

I really hope that he has enuf rest & relax for his next concert coz the activities in the US is wearing him out!! But I guess it is all worth it...!! NA seems to doing well afterall!!! I am so happy to read all the reviews, write up & article on Rain & NA.....It surpasses 2012 - that's Great NEWS!!!! :D

And you know what!!! I'm not surprised if NA surpasses NEW MOON too....coz, I just watched NM and it had flatly disappoint me...I mean ..I am expecting it should be better than TWILLIGHT after all the hoohah , the sold out book...but neh :( not even closed!!...I enjoyed watching NA not only becoz of RAIN...but the action, the adrenalin, the humors that makes you awake.....

Am watching NA for the 2nd time with my nephews tis weekend!! Yay!! :P:D

Guest angelordevil

09-11-26 [FANCAM]Rain at the Ninja Assassin movie premier, Hong Kong

credit:Pahtz@youtube

CREDIT:pochaccochu@Youtube ~THANKS FOR SHARING

RAIN Up Close and Personal with Rain! 비 니자어쌔신 Ninja Assassin

Credit: arirangworld @ youtube

You guys are welcome.

Hope NA will suprassing New Moon cause I see some of box ticket predit NA can't suprrass NM/

Guest RainingAllDay

Hi ladies,

I went to the premiere of NA last night, and watch again tonight with many Rain's fans.

I like this movie (even I never like bloody movie before)

I had read many reviews/comments before, but after seeing NA - I can say proudly that I like this movie very much and I really proud of Rain.

He's so awesome in this movie.

I like his acting, his fighting scenes, and HIS ENGLISH!!! Very impressed indeed.

Also, Lee Joon, the young Raizo, oh boy...you did very good job too.

[i went with my sister last night, she's not Rain's fan. after watching the movie she didn't praised Raizo much but asked me about the young Raizo...hahaha)

I'll go for NA again on Saturday, :lol:

Guest angelordevil

Thanks willenette for sharing a interesting interview.

wow a lot of Bier watch NA, and have a good feeling.

I'm so happy, hope next month I can watch it.

more pics in HK

1259258183899838_file.jpg

1259258187596710_file.jpg

1259258193545957_file.jpg

1259258196960433_file.jpg

1259258202807891_file.jpg

1259258209539622_file.jpg

1259258215610692_file.jpg

1259258222261718_file.jpg

1259258225927549_file.jpg

credit: as tagged

Guest tyty6_7

Here is the top five box office for Wednesday (11-25)

1. $14.3m NEW MOON

2. $7.9m BLIND SIDE

3. $3.6m 2012

4. $3.3m NINJA

5. $3.1m OLD DOGS

8. $1.1m FOX

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...59819470f3240e8

With a lot of competitions with famous actors, Rain 's NA was at number 4 which is really not bad on its opening day...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Moon' begins long weekend atop boxoffice

$14.3 million haul brings its total to $179 million

By Carl DiOrio

Summit Entertainment’s vampires-and-werewolves phenom “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” shrugged off three new wide releases to top the daily boxoffice rankings on Wednesday with $14.3 million in domestic boxoffice.

That brought cumulative boxoffice for “New Moon” to $179 million through just six days in release. The romantic action sequel showed no signs of losing steam heading into the Thanksgiving holiday, with the subsequent boxoffice weekend bolstered by many students and workers getting the day off on Black Friday.

Warner Bros.’ Sandra Bullock starrer “The Blind Side” also topped the new pics with $7.9 million from its sixth day in release for a $50.6 million cume. That would suggest the college-football drama is a lock for the silver medal position over the coming weekend.

Sony’s scifi actioner “2012” was third, with $3.6 million in daily coin, hoisting pic cume to $116.9 million.

More awards coverage

Warners martial-arts actioner “Ninja Warriors” was the best of the Wednesday debutantes, with $3.3 million. The performance was good for fourth place in the daily rankings.

Disney’s family comedy “Old Dogs” fetched $3.1 million in fifth place. But the PG-rated pic -- starring John Travolta, Robin Williams, Seth Green and Kelly Preston – should gather steam once matinee grosses kick in during the holiday-stretched session.

Wes Anderson’s animated feature “The Fantastic Mr. Fox” – which Fox took wide Wednesday after a couple weeks of bicoastal exclus – ranked eighth among the daily grossers with $1.1 million from 2,027 playdates.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...59819470f3240e8

11.26.09 Rain As Raizo in “Ninja Assassin”

na1.jpg

Credit: tara@Rain-Cloud

11.26.09 [New] Rain Interview Pictures

5281329.jpg

4281429.jpg

Credit: ratoka@rain-cloud

Angel, I don't think it can beat NM in term of tix sales.

When I say surpass NM, I meant the storyline :P.

Nothing can beatvthe twilight saga what more with

The PG rating. Neeway I think WB is brilliant

To release NA at the same time with NM. Everyone

On planet earth would want to se NMoon. They will

Swamp the theatre and it will be good exposure for

NA. The footage look great and interesting. Ppl like

Violent, the ninja mystery and all so they will be

Intrigued. What more with the Brothers (W) label attached

To it. I bet all matrix fan would want to watch it.

All in all, the tix sale won't be as good as NMoon buttttt

I am sure it will not be bad. It may even trailing close

To NM.

PS Tyty - will watch for the 3rd time this sunday.

Btw - frens that are not really his fan told me he was awesome

And everyone was so surprised. No one expected NA to be

This good (including me :P)

Guest prissasagaritakehito

<h2 class="entry_title"> Holiday Movie Feast: Ninjas! Foxes! Zefron! </h2> Today 7:02 AM PST by EOL Staff

425.fantasticmrfox.ninjaassassin.theroad.meandorsonwelles.lc.112409.jpg Fox Searchlight; Warner Bros. Pictures; Dimension Films; Freestyle Releasing Ninja Assassin

Korean pop star Rain stars, but unless you're a huge fan and need see him shirtless and covered in blood, skip this CGI-splattered mess. Shoulda been a video game.

Grade: C-

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?act...p;f=16&t=28

If you have some things to give an opinion of rain, you should go to E!

Rain man

Nov 26 2009

By Will Sloan

Korea’s top-of-the-pops takes a star turn in James McTeigue’s latest film, Ninja Assassin

I usually think of myself as a heterosexual male, but let me tell you something about Korean pop star Rain: he is hot. He is in Toronto promoting Ninja Assassin, the first American film in which he has a starring role, and as I go up to shake his hand before a roundtable interview, I am so struck by his high cheekbones and perfectly-styled hair that I neglect to remember that I’m holding a pen in the hand I’ve reached out.

Here’s another Rain tidbit I can impart: he’s also obscenely charming. “Thank you, thank you for coming out,” says Rain to the four assembled journalists. “It’s my honour. It’s my first time, you know, in Canada. I really love Toronto.” I’m not sure how that reads in print, but hearing it from the ever-smiling most-famous-musician-in-Asia and Stephen Colbert’s arch-nemesis…well, it’s enough to make a journalist blush.

Directed by V for Vendetta’s James McTeigue and produced by the Wachowski brothers, Ninja Assassin tells the simple story of Raizo (Rain), a ninja raised in a monastery to be an assassin who then turns against his old master (grindhouse legend Sho Kosugi) and basically goes freelance. Ah, if there’s one thing an evil old master doesn’t like, it’s betrayal, and pretty soon Raizo is fighting off an endless stream of enemy ninjas. The film’s second half is wall-to-wall action, with Raizo taking more punishment than any movie character since The Passion of the Christ and still managing to kick an overwhelming quantity of ninja richard simmons.

“I loved Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan—you know, my heroes,” Rain says. “I saw a lot of Bruce Lee movie from when I was young, and I’m so powerful, I’m so faster, I’m so young, I’m so [much more] handsome than them, and you know…I’m just kidding!”

This is only Rain’s third movie, following a starring role in Park Chan-wook’s interesting but little-seen I’m a Cyborg But That’s OK and a supporting role in the Wachowskis’ Speed Racer. “Were you intimidated at all, carrying an entire movie?” asks a journalist.

A brief moment of reflection. “No!” he says cheerfully.

Indeed, if Rain can be described in a single word, it would be “confident.” Though he is accompanied by a translator and occasionally requires his assistance, Rain speaks English with such vigour and confidence that one almost forgets he doesn’t totally understand it.

He is asked about his Hollywood ambitions. “Yes, it’s big opportunity for me. I’ll do my best…I’ll do my best…and if I’ll do my best, Americans would love me, too, and I definitely would like to continue my career in Hollywood. That’s all.”

I ask if he keeps in mind how his Asian fanbase might react to his Hollywood films. He reflects for a moment: “Uh…yes, I agree. And I hope people like it. You know, actually, it’s hard to even walk in street in Asia. I hope [for] the same here. I hope.”

“He looks like he belongs in a boy band,” says one of Ninja Assassin’s minor characters about our hero, but Korea’s top pop star did his training. “I had to make my body fit, you know, like Bruce Lee. I trained for…eight month? Five days a week, eight hours a day. It was hard, and I ate just chicken breast and vegetable, no sugar, no salt—it was horrible. And second of all, I learned a lot of martial art—Tai Chi, Taekwando, Kung Fu, kickboxing—with sword and double-sword…yeah, I learned a lot.”

“When I was doing stunts I have lots of cuts on my body. You know, even though everybody took care of me, I still got hurt. One day I pretend broke my legs. I said, after the stunt, ‘Oh my god, I can’t feel my legs!’ And people said, ‘Are you okay? Are you alright?! Are you alright?!’ I said, ‘I’m just kidding.’ It was fun—so fun.”

“Are you worried that some of your music fans might be put off my some of the violence?” asks a journalist.

Rain responds: “I understand you… you know, I never worried, because I hope they like it, and I hope that I will have more fans after this film.”

“Bruce Lee was mentioned, and you’re attached to the Enter the Dragon remake,” asks the same journalist. “Could you tell us anything about that?

Rain shifts in his chair. “Uuuuuuh…I haven’t decide yet. I haven’t decide yet. And…I can’t tell you, because…it’s secret. If I tell you…my producer will kill me.”

“Does a project like that seem intimidating to you?” I ask. “Because, Bruce Lee is a legend, and Enter the Dragon is his most famous movie, and you’re sorta setting yourself up for comparison.”

A long pause. “Uh…there is a real opportunity…but I told you, I haven’t decided yet. BUT, I will very soon.”

Source: http://thevarsity.ca/articles/23334

Guest Yunho_Jaejoong

Rain... you are an admirable man and worthy idol that many ought to look up to. That aside and from your recent interviews, please tone down your arrogance by many notches because with the "I'm-too-hot-and-handsome-like-a-model" attitude will more than likely turn off the American audience, those in which you are trying to appeal towards.

Thanks willenette for sharing a interesting interview.

wow a lot of Bier watch NA, and have a good feeling.

I'm so happy, hope next month I can watch it.

more pics in HK

http://fs1.cyworld.vn/data2/2009/11/27/183...899838_file.jpg

http://fs1.cyworld.vn/data2/2009/11/27/187...596710_file.jpg

http://fs1.cyworld.vn/data2/2009/11/27/193...545957_file.jpg

credit: as tagged

Hi Thu, thanks for posting more photos. He's s dashing wearing that tight suit with a cap. :P:lol:

09-11-26 [FANCAM]Rain at the Ninja Assassin movie premier, Hong Kong

credit:Pahtz@youtube

You guys are welcome.

Hope NA will suprassing New Moon cause I see some of box ticket predit NA can't suprrass NM/

Thu, thanks for sharing this clip. I could hear loud screams & shouts. As I hear & listen him speak English often his skill is getting better & better. :P:lol:

Guest tyty6_7

Okie, I finished the second round for NA... yesterday, I concentrated on his moves and hot body..

but today I focused more on his facial expressions...and I can confirm that he is the ninja with a gentle face...hehehe...

Bam, I still can not get enough of it....my third round will be on Saturday night...hehhe... omg, my bf just wants to kill me because of NA..