Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

RAIN interviewed by CNN!

posterphoto100399.jpg

World star Rain has been interviewed by TALk ASIA CNN.

The special corner, 'Eye on South Korea' has brought Rain to be interviewed by Anna Coren.

Rain also known as Jeong Ji-hoon will be opening his first concert in Korea. The tickets have been sold out in minutes and he is grateful to his fans for such love and attention.

He tells CNN about his family background and his survival as a star. The meeting with JYP and becoming an independent star was also told.

We will be able to see this interview on the 28th!

posterphoto100400.jpg

Source : news.nate.com

Translation : Hancinema

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rain on CNN Talk Asia 2009

RAIN's interview on CNN Talk Asia will be aired at 9:30pm, 28 October 2009. CNN anchor woman Ana Coren will be interviewing the 27 year-old Korean pop sensation.

In the interview, Rain will talk about being selected as 2007 100 Most Influential People on Time magazine. Rain said "I was so surprised to hear of the news and could not believe it. I was very excited. I think my involvement in Hollywood movies have given me many opportunities."

Rain also talks about his 2008 movie Speed Racer and up and coming movie (in which is stars in the lead role) - Ninja Assassin.

Rain (real name Jung Ji-hoon) came from humble beginnings. He was a shy child and suffered difficult times especially when his mother died when he was 18. Even at a young age, Rain loved to dance and used to study the moves of his idol - the late Michael Jackson. Times were tough and he went for so many unsuccessful auditions. But things finally changed when he met producer Park Jin-young (JYP).

Rain last appeared on CNN's Talk Asia in 2005. At that time, he could not speak English fluently and had to use a translator. From the stills, it sure looks as if Rain spoke in English in the interview. Find out tomorrow...

Raincnntalkasiaoctober2009korean.jpg

Rain's dream of conducting an interview on CNN's Talk Asia in English...

has become a reality?

Source: Joy Entertainment / k-popped

@MBLAQ: I really like those young boys. They know about the pressure of being Rain's boys and show the necessary appreciation and respect to this honour. I am sure they will be very successful.

@Lucky Thailand! I think it speaks a lot for the success to open now in other countries as well. I think Taiwan has one too. And what would I give to have that huge poster in my place loooool.

@CNN interview: I really look forwad to this interview. Rain looks so good on the pics. And if he spoke in English, then I am looking forward to it even more.

@MBLAQ: I really like those young boys. They know about the pressure of being Rain's boys and show the necessary appreciation and respect to this honour. I am sure they will be very successful.

@Lucky Thailand! I think it speaks a lot for the success to open now in other countries as well. I think Taiwan has one too. And what would I give to have that huge poster in my place loooool.

@CNN interview: I really look forwad to this interview. Rain looks so good on the pics. And if he spoke in English, then I am looking forward to it even more.

Hi bbly, TODAY is the day - Talk Asia with Rain" is slated to air at 9:30 p.m., (Oct. 29 at 12:30 p.m., Oct. 31 at 8 p.m. and Nov. 2 at 8:30 a.m. ) for Korea repeat broadcasts. Can't wait as well to watch this. So curious, too if he won't use an interpreter during the whole interview - just getting excited to hear & listen him speak an English. Wondering if he's going to speak this language for the whole duration of the show - :lol::mellow:

Rain's CNN interview to air October 28

2009102717325394704_1.jpg

Asian pop sensation Rain's appearance on CNN's "Talk Asia" as a representative figure of Korea, will be broadcast tomorrow, according to his agency on Tuesday.

CNN had invited the singer to appear on the show during last week's "Eye on South Korea", a week-long special program focusing on various aspects of the country including its economy and culture.

During the interview, Rain sat down with CNN anchorwoman Anna Coren and talked about various topics including his career, his mother's death and working in Hollywood, J.Tune Entertainment explained in a press release.

The singer talked about his mother passing away when he was 18, saying that she had wanted him to study but as he idolized Michael Jackson and wanted to dance, he always had regrets about not giving her what she wanted.

He also talked about his early years, when he was rejected at 12 auditions for his looks. The singer credits JYP Entertainment founder and singer Park Jin-young for the many changes in his life which enabled him to perform on television.

When asked about being selected as the Most Influential Person by TIME Magazine in 2007, Rain answered that it was "unbelievable" and opened many doors for him in Hollywood. He also talked about appearing in his first Hollywood movie "Speed Racer" in 2008 and the upcoming action flick "Ninja Assassin".

Rain started his career with major talenthouse JYP Entertainment but left the agency in November 2007 to start his own entertainment company J. Tune Entertainment.

He has released several albums in Korea and starred in movies and TV series, most notably dramas "Full House" and "Sang Doo! Let's Go To School."

He starred in a Wachowski Brothers production "Ninja Assassin", which is set for a worldwide release in November.

The interview is set to air Wednesday on CNN at 9:30 p.m.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=e...102717325394704

*** Thanks Thu for sharing this. “The day when I saw my name, "Rain" right after the word, "WB" on the screen with the beginning of the movie (Ninja Assassin), was the happiest day of my life.” – I felt very happy also, RAIN! I could feel that was the happiest in your life since you always mention this every time you’re asked about the movie. I definitely can’t wait to watch it – seeing your big name as the starring MAIN character on the big screen. :D:P

[Oct-28-209] MBC 'Prime Time'- Interview with Rain as the one who will drive the Korean Wave (Hanryu)

The only parts of the Interview with Rain-

-When I meet my Japanese fans, I think there are a lot of people at various points, not only aged people but also children.

I want to spark the aged's pure youth in vigor, and to become such the man as a go-between who can implant dreams and hopes in the young, so I always feel like I've been renewed.

-I think we have to bet on it (the Korean Wave) with the contents of good quality and high-grade materials. For example, if Korean food is replaced with cheap one to make a large profit just because it has already become famous, its image ought to fall to the ground.

I think we have to invest more in it when it's on a roll, and, of course, this case will be applied to even the Korean Wave.

-My Asian Tour concert in Japan seemed to go off all right with a great success.

Whenever I hold my concert abroad, I would often think as if I were a gladiator holding a sword in my hand, feeling like blood will tell as my ethnic beliefs which are considered part of the national pride.

I always think I'll tell people outside Korea about our cultures, and want to be a go-between to promote cultural exchange among nations, based on the idea.

-I was selected as one entertainer of the most influential people by Time Magazine in 2006. when I saw a lot of celebrities at the Awards under Time Magazine, I really identified with them, that paved with the way for my own dreams which are up to Richard.

-The important opportunity finally offered itself to view, and I came to play the leading role in movie Ninja Assassin. I was the only person there who was still an unknown except the director, the stunt, etc. on the set, but, now, I've come to release my first starring hollywood movie, 4 years after my debut as an actor.

-The day when I saw my name, "Rain" right after the word, "WB" on the screen with the beginning of the movie (Ninja Assassin), was the happiest day of my life.

I was almost dissolved in tears, being overcome with emotion.

-I've been interviewed this time again since CNN interviewed with me 4years ago.

I sure had a great time, talking with them about Korean food and cultures, and my own stories.

-I think we have to invest more in cultivating men of talent to improve the Korean Wave. Helping them to cultivate their abilities in high-quality environment, is just our duty we must do. Of course I've done my best in my field, learning by trial and error. After all, creating high-quality culture and spreading it abroad, will be the best strategy to develop the Korean Wave.

credit to benamoo

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu

JYP previews RAIN's Hollywood movie "Ninja Assassin" with 2PM and 2AM

a7371802172.jpg

Producer cum singer Park Jin Young (37) has not save any compliments for his student Rain (27) for his Hollywood movie ‘Ninja Assassin’.

It was revealed that Rain has a private premiere for his movie previously on 19th October in Seoul KangNam. Park Jin Young who have watched the movie said, “It’s really cool. Because of some of the scenes which look so real and lively, it is a good movie.”

It was also revealed that JYP boybands 2AM and 2PM were present at the premiere. Seeing his juniors suddenly turning up at the premiere, Rain become a little nervous for a while.

A staff said, “Rain was a little nervous this is the first time he is watching the complete full version of the movie himself. But the atmosphere at the premiere was good due to the presence of his teacher and juniors.”

Meanwhile, the movie ‘Ninja Assassin’ will start screening in cinemas from 26th November. He will be holding the first press conference in Korea on 6th Nov, and he plans to do press conferences in 7 other Asian countries including Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Malaysia etc.

Source : kbites

http://sookyeong.wordpress.com/2009/10/28/...2am/#more-19892

Guest angelordevil

Thanks willentte for an interesting article

so JYP and eve 2AM, 2PM watched NA with Rain. So suprised.

I used to thought they will watch it in the premiere upcoming

so strange

-------------

random pics

0.929937001256717069.jpg

0.812326001256717068.jpg

0.687278001256717067.jpg

0.504508001256717066.jpg

credit: DC

so strange

-------------

random pics

http://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/456/0.929937001256717069.jpg

http://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/456/0.812326001256717068.jpg

http://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/456/0.687278001256717067.jpg

http://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/456/0.504508001256717066.jpg

Thu, we never heard that he'll give a private viewing for JYP & co. last October 19. It was only reported now. JYP will always have a soft place in his heart. BTW, thanks for posting the photos. I love how his looks here - his face & skin looks so flawless - I think I'm getting used to his hair - hehehe - I'm sure that NA billboard is in Korea, huh? :P:lol:

Inside Look: Ninja Assassin

Featurette #1

Get behind the scenes as a young ninja turns his back on orphanage that raised him, leading to a confrontation with a fellow ninja from the clan.

http://video.cineplex.com/?fr_story=825890...11f00&rf=bm

source : ciniplex.com

jini, thanks for sharing this video clip. All the fighting scenes here - RAIN is just so amazing! :P:lol:

*** Thanks jini for sharing this. I'm sure the year 2007, being one of the Time's 100 Most Influential People is one, which he couldn't forget for the rest of his life. It seems that I love what he talked about in this show. :D:P

********************************************************************************

[10-29-09] [Chosun.com Chinese vers] Rain: He regrets not studying well as what his mother said

Chin to Eng translated by Cuckoo@NY

Source: http://chn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...1028000013.html

International star Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) was interview by CNN <Talk Asia>. He regrets not studying well as what his mother told him.

Rain was interviewed by Anna Coren, the CNN presenter, in <Talk Asia>. During an interview, Rain mentioned about his mother passed away when he was 18. Also, he regrets not studying well as what his mother told him. Michael Jackson was his idol at that time; so he only spent time on dancing. He regret not following his mother’s wish . Rains said he grew up in wealthy family before he was 10. Then, from 11 to 20, he was suffering in poverty and hunger. The living condition got worse especially after his mother died.

During an interview, Rain expressed his passive personality in childhood. And, he has been rejected 12 times in audition due to his face. Until he met Park Jin Young, his life was changed. Also, some stories when he was filming TV shows. In addition, the recent Korea concert etc.

In 2007, Rain named in Time’s 100 Most Influential People who Shape the World. Rain said he couldn’t believe it. Even now, he still shocked. He was so excited when he remembered this. It is probably a reason why he got many Hollywood filming opportunities afterwards.

Rain as a guest in <Talk Asia> will be broadcasted on October 28th at 09:30 pm

from rain-eu

so strange

-------------

random pics

%7Boption%7Dhttp://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/456/0.929937001256717069.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/456/0.812326001256717068.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/456/0.687278001256717067.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/456/0.504508001256717066.jpg

Thanks for the still pictures....Rain looks so 'yummy' (there goes my cheeky side of me!!) in this interview session..so clean & full of himself!!

Okay, I am getting ready for tonite's CNN broadcast ' Talk Asia'......@ 8.30pm (S'pore time).....

Kicia, thanks for sharing this video clip. He’s so passionate about his craft, just look at when he danced (and so sexily brainy during interviews), it simply turns you ON! :P:lol:

Are they siblings? Celebrity Look-Alikes!

The Korean entertainment industry is undoubtedly full of hotties, each with their own unique individuality that separates them from others. Among these stars, we can often find pairs of look-alikes as if they were blood-related siblings, sometimes confusing us one from another. Take a look at some of these pair-ups of similar stars.

Donghae of Super Junior & Amber of f(x)

20091027_celebritylookalikes_donghaeamber.jpg

(skipped............)

Rain & Junho of 2PM

20091027_celebritylookalikes_rainjunho.jpg

Junho's insane similarities with Rain have been abuzz among netizens even before Junho's debut. This helped launch Junho's popularity in 2PM. Junho was also the hopeful alternative for fangirls too young for Rain - after all, he's arguably just as sexy.

Yunho of DBSK & Yoon Hyuk of December

20091027_celebritylookalikes_yunhoyoonhyuk.jpg

..I think this speaks for itself.

Source : allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor...ty_look_alikes/

Guest tyty6_7

JYP previews RAIN’s Hollywood movie “Ninja Assassin” with 2PM and 2AM

Producer cum singer Park Jin Young (37) has not save any compliments for his student Rain (27) for his Hollywood movie ‘Ninja Assassin’.

It was revealed that Rain has a private premiere for his movie previously on 19th October in Seoul KangNam. Park Jin Young who have watched the movie said, “It’s really cool. Because of some of the scenes which look so real and lively, it is a good movie.”

It was also revealed that JYP boybands 2AM and 2PM were present at the premiere. Seeing his juniors suddenly turning up at the premiere, Rain become a little nervous for a while.

A staff said, “Rain was a little nervous this is the first time he is watching the complete full version of the movie himself. But the atmosphere at the premiere was good due to the presence of his teacher and juniors.”

Meanwhile, the movie ‘Ninja Assassin’ will start screening in cinemas from 26th November. He will be holding the first press conference in Korea on 6th Nov, and he plans to do press conferences in 7 other Asian countries including Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Malaysia etc.

Source : kbites

http://sookyeong.wordpress.com/2009/10/28/…2am/#more-19892

getting from sixtofive1982.com

Guest angelordevil

[Oct-28-2009] Ninja Assassin selected as the movie that the world' movie-goers want to see the most.

Rain's hollywood leading movie Ninja Assassin took the first ranking as the movie that the world's movie-goers want to see the most.

In a poll of the world's movie-goers conducted by (http://www.comingsoon.net), a website specializing in movies in America, 28.4% of 9,745 respondents said that they want to see Ninja Assassin the most. It is worthy of notice in that Ninja Assassin surpassed it's rival movies such as '2012', New Mon, etc. after competing with 16 movies.

Ninja Assassin was selected as one of 50 and 10 much-anticipated films, by UK's The Times and San Francisco's Examiner newspaper each, in addition, it was given a highly favorable response, being released for the first time at Comic Con America's San Francisco.

Also, there has early been a high state of expectancy in the movie-goers because Ninja Assassin is the decade-long film of the Wachowski brothers and Joel Silver, world renowned director and producer, and Korea's Rain stared in the movie.

Ninja Assassin will be released on November 26th.

credit to Asia Economy http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=L...;aid=0002258736

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu

[Legend of Rainism] Rain Asia Tour in Jakarta

2009 'Legend of Rainism' Rain Asia Tour in Jakarta

Date: Dec. 3rd, 2009

Time: 8PM (Doors : 6PM)

Venue: JITEC Mangga Dua Square Jakarta, Indonesia

Info: W Productions +62 21 6231 1377

Show Details:

The legend has begun!

Rain, the world's renowned singer and actor who has been attracting people from all over the world with his extravagant performance and stunning stage manners comes back to conquer Asia once again. Since his 'Rainy Day' tour in 2005-2006 and 'Rain's Coming' tour in 2006-2007, this is Rain’s third tour in two years and will be a great gift for his Asian fans who have been looking forward to his performance.

Rain has devoted his ideas and efforts for the tour and participated in every detail including directing, producing, staging from the very beginning. 'Legend of Rainism' features magnificent production design with dissymmetrical two-tier stage, T-shaped catwalk where he can reach fans up close and personal. Vertically extended LED screens(3.6m width x 7.2m height) show Rain's perfect figure on stage and newly re-arranged tracks performed by a band will create a magnificent extravaganza!

With stronger and charismatic dance and performance, 'Legend of Rainism' tour will prove Rain as the world's iconic legend of 21st century and will provide more together-enjoyable moments to the audience.

Source: rain-jihoon.com