Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

hi willenette, u r welcome :)

here's one more article regarding Rain's CNN interview :)

----------------------

Rain to represent Korea on CNN special

[ 2009101917483959970_1.jpg[/]

Singer and actor Rain and CNN anchorwoman Anna Coren. [J.Tune Entertainment]

Asian pop sensation Rain, set to appear on CNN's "Talk Asia" this week, was invited on the show after being selected as a representative figure of Korea, according to his agency on Monday.

CNN decided that the 27-year-old singer and actor plays a leading role in promoting Korea globally and picked him to appear on the show during this week's "Eye on South Korea", a week-long special program focusing on various aspects of the country including its economy and culture, J.Tune Entertainment explained in a press release.

Anna Coren, one of CNN's main anchorwomen, met with Rain to talk about his career, personal life, his ongoing Asia tour and upcoming Hollywood film "Ninja Assassin".

The show, set to air on Wednesday, will also contain a documentary-type segment featuring Rain's concert in Korea on October 9 -- containing footage from behind the scenes and the concert itself.

Rain started his career with major talenthouse JYP Entertainment but left the agency in November 2007 to start his own entertainment company J. Tune Entertainment.

He has released several albums in Korea and starred in movies and TV series, most notably dramas "Full House" and "Sang Doo! Let's Go To School."

He debuted in Hollywood last year with a supporting role in "Speed Racer" and will star in the upcoming "Ninja Assassin", which is set for a worldwide release in November.

Credits : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10 Asia All rights reserved>

deka dear, once again, thank you for posting this here. :P:lol:

[10-19] Rain become the largest stockholder of his agency J.Tune entertainment

Rain has become the largest stockholder of his agency J.Tune entertainment.

This is the first time he’s turned J.Tune entertainment’s owner since his acquisition was complete.

Rain ever announced his participation in the management of J.Tune entertainment by October 2007, acquiring his stocks with 11.55% (881,446 stocks, 500 KRW at par) in shareholder’s equity in due form of the issue of new shares to be purchased by third parties

J.Tune entertainment announced after the stock closed on the 16th, “J.Tune entertainment’s largest stockholder has transferred from ‘Asian Company-1 Union for the Restructuring’ to Rain due to the dissolution of the company.

An official from J.Tune entertainment expressed, “J.Tune entertainment’s largest stockholder has transferred due to the dissolution of ‘Asian Company-1 Union for the Restructuring’” and ” the stocks the Asian Company is holding, will be distributed to the members of the union.”

The ‘Asian Company-1 Union for the Restructuring’ side said, “The equity we are holding will be distributed to the members, and the holding and the selling will depend on their judgement.”

Meanwhile, in reference to what Rain’s become the largest stockholder of J.Tune entertainment and what he bought the stocks of CT&T company producing electric vehicles, there is a belief that CT&T would make its stock market debut on the COSDAQ (Korean Securities Dealers′ Automated Quotation), but J.Tune entertainment said, “For our part, we know nothing about it.”

credit to fnnews http://www.fnnews.com

Brief translation by rain bird.

dear willenette, u r the most welcome :)

and here's another article related CNN Special :)

---------------------

CNN airs special series on S. Korea

200910190057.jpg

Starting yesterday, CNN began airing a week-long series titled "Eye on South Korea." The series focuses on how South Korea is working to become a brand leader on an international scale and on how the nation is recovering from the global economic recession.

According to CNN International Asia Pacific managing editor Ellana Lee, although an "Eye on South Korea" special aired in 2007, "South Korea has gone through a lot of changes in the past two years."

Yesterday, the special kicked off with an episode where Korea's first lady Kim Yoon-ok showcased her cooking skills at Cheong Wa Dae's "Ever Spring" Building.

"You can tell she was very passionate as well," managing editor Lee said of first lady Kim. "She was excellent. For us, it was a real treat."

Award-winning CNN anchor and correspondent Kristie Lu Stout met up with the first lady to sample some Korean cuisine and hear about the first lady's hopes for and the efforts she has made towards promoting Korean food on a global level.

Today, "Eye on South Korea" will take a foray into the world of cars, including a look at the Korean sportscar "Spirra" and at women-only parking spots in Seoul.

Throughout the rest of the week, CNN's Kristie Lu Stout and CNN correspondent Kyung Lah will explore Korea's street food, the traditional Korean alcoholic beverage makgeolli, domestic hi-tech brands and Incheon's New Songdo City. Hyundai Group chairwoman Hyun Jeong-eun will also talk about business in North Korea and how her corporation is handling the global economic downturn.

In addition to "Eye on South Korea," CNN's interview program "Talk Asia" will feature Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-sung starting Wednesday and K-pop icon and actor Rain starting next Wednesday.

Live broadcasts of "Eye on South Korea" will air until Oct. 23 from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. in Seoul. Repeat broadcasts are slated to air throughout the day.

"Talk Asia with Park Ji-sung" is slated to air on Oct. 21 at 9:30 p.m., Oct. 22 at 12:30 p.m., Oct. 24 at 8 p.m. and Oct. 26 at 7:30 a.m. "Talk Asia with Rain" is slated to air on Oct. 28 at 9:30 p.m., Oct. 29 at 12:30 p.m., Oct. 31 at 8 p.m. and Nov. 2 at 8:30 a.m.

For information visit cnn.joins.com

Credits : Jean Oh (oh_jean@heraldm.com)

Source : The Korea Herald

CNN special: actually, I would love to watch all the episodes related to South Korea, sounds really interesting. We have to be one more week patient to see Rain's part. I am sure it will be very interesting. And the best part: we won't need to wait for subs or translations.

NA review: Great, how the person praised Rain. Let's hope that it continues like this.

6To5 Photobook: I really would like to have a copy as well but until now there wasn't one on regular sale.

Gr-eat Korea: don't know what's more delicious, the bibimbap or Rain.

Attention!!! It`s still not confirmed by J. Tune...

I know that this is inevitable but I was hoping that he still has at least two years left... :(

10.20.09 [The Daily Apple] Rain To Do Military Service Next Year; Going To Hong Kong On Saturday :o

South Korean pop sensation Rain had plans on having his Asian concert tour here in Hong Kong in December, but due to issues with the concert venue, it will be scheduled ahead of time on Nov 28th and 29th (name of venue in HK of which I don’t know), ticket prices varying between $1,280, 880, 680 and 380 HK dollars.

Temporary Absence For Two Years

It is reported that Rain will be going to perform his military service for two years starting next year in April, hence the concert that he will hold this time in Hong Kong will be his last show here before his absence from the entertainment world. This Saturday (the 24th), Rain will arrive in Hong Kong for concert promotional purposes, and at 3 pm the following day he will be at the W Hotel to announce further details during a press conference. He will return to Korea that same evening.

Source: The Daily Apple (Hong Kong)

Credit: scorpiola@RainHK

Eng Translation: dsl99a@Rain-USA // SexyBi // sixtofive1982.com

I know that this is inevitable but I was hoping that he still has at least two years left... :(

10.20.09 [The Daily Apple] Rain To Do Military Service Next Year; Going To Hong Kong On Saturday :o

South Korean pop sensation Rain had plans on having his Asian concert tour here in Hong Kong in December, but due to issues with the concert venue, it will be scheduled ahead of time on Nov 28th and 29th (name of venue in HK of which I don’t know), ticket prices varying between $1,280, 880, 680 and 380 HK dollars.

It is reported that Rain will be going to perform his military service for two years starting next year in April, hence the concert that he will hold this time in Hong Kong will be his last show here before his absence from the entertainment world. This Saturday (the 24th), Rain will arrive in Hong Kong for concert promotional purposes, and at 3 pm the following day he will be at the W Hotel to announce further details during a press conference. He will return to Korea that same evening.

Hi Kicia, I don't know if I have to thank you for posting this bad news though not confirmed yet or should I? - hehehe - this is the time that I don't want to happen, I'm not waiting for this - OMG – Oh, no – can’t accept this bad news – temporary? But it’s 2-long years. How come so early next year? What will happen to the drama that he’s going to do? Gosh, I’m feeling bad… Tell me, guys that this isn’t true. What’s life without hearing any news about him, without seeing him? I really don’t know……… ;):mellow:

Hi mimi, thanks for sharing the video clip of his new ad. Also, thanks for posting the captures from the CF. Nice & cool! He's just so adorable! :P:lol:

dear willenette, u r the most welcome :)

and here's another article related CNN Special :)

---------------------

CNN airs special series on S. Korea

[]http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/data/img_dir/2009/10/19/200910190057.jpg[/]

Starting yesterday, CNN began airing a week-long series titled "Eye on South Korea." The series focuses on how South Korea is working to become a brand leader on an international scale and on how the nation is recovering from the global economic recession.

According to CNN International Asia Pacific managing editor Ellana Lee, although an "Eye on South Korea" special aired in 2007, "South Korea has gone through a lot of changes in the past two years."

Yesterday, the special kicked off with an episode where Korea's first lady Kim Yoon-ok showcased her cooking skills at Cheong Wa Dae's "Ever Spring" Building.

"You can tell she was very passionate as well," managing editor Lee said of first lady Kim. "She was excellent. For us, it was a real treat."

Award-winning CNN anchor and correspondent Kristie Lu Stout met up with the first lady to sample some Korean cuisine and hear about the first lady's hopes for and the efforts she has made towards promoting Korean food on a global level.

Today, "Eye on South Korea" will take a foray into the world of cars, including a look at the Korean sportscar "Spirra" and at women-only parking spots in Seoul.

Throughout the rest of the week, CNN's Kristie Lu Stout and CNN correspondent Kyung Lah will explore Korea's street food, the traditional Korean alcoholic beverage makgeolli, domestic hi-tech brands and Incheon's New Songdo City. Hyundai Group chairwoman Hyun Jeong-eun will also talk about business in North Korea and how her corporation is handling the global economic downturn.

In addition to "Eye on South Korea," CNN's interview program "Talk Asia" will feature Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-sung starting Wednesday and K-pop icon and actor Rain starting next Wednesday.

Live broadcasts of "Eye on South Korea" will air until Oct. 23 from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. in Seoul. Repeat broadcasts are slated to air throughout the day.

"Talk Asia with Park Ji-sung" is slated to air on Oct. 21 at 9:30 p.m., Oct. 22 at 12:30 p.m., Oct. 24 at 8 p.m. and Oct. 26 at 7:30 a.m. "Talk Asia with Rain" is slated to air on Oct. 28 at 9:30 p.m., Oct. 29 at 12:30 p.m., Oct. 31 at 8 p.m. and Nov. 2 at 8:30 a.m.

For information visit cnn.joins.com

Credits : Jean Oh (oh_jean@heraldm.com)

Source : The Korea Herald

Hi deka dear, thanks for sharing another article about this. GO, RAIN! I’m definitely going to watch it. :P:lol:

Ninja Assassin - TV Spot #2 HD

credit : TheMovieBox.Net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQT1W8dqHbE

Hi jini, thanks for sharing this trailer/teaser. the more that I get to watch it, the more that I'm getting excited. :P:lol:

[10-20] Rick Yune Ninja Assassin Interview

Rick Yune Ninja Assassin Interview

with Rebecca Murray

watch the vid at http://video.about.com/movies/Rick-Yune-Interview.htm

Rick Yune's no stranger to action movies and so you've got to believe when he says the action in 'Ninja Assassin' is going to blow people away, it most likely will. At Spike TV's SCREAM 2009, Yune talked about what audiences can expect from the film.

Rick Yune – ' Takeshi' in Ninja Assassin

I want to know all about Ninja Assassin because we've been hearing about it for two years now.

Rick Yune: "Wachowski brothers producing, James McTeigue directing from V for Vendetta, the stunt team from 300… It's a kick richard simmons movie and it's very, very – it's a scary also a very bloody movie as well. This crowd is going to dig it."

What do you get to do in it?

Rick Yune: "I get to be a very bad boy in it."

Is that fun?

Rick Yune: "Yeah, really fun. And to tell you the truth, you can't get a group of people together so talented and so put together and so committed that's going to create something like this. I mean we were running and gunning. Five units at once, so there was a lot of trust involved."

I would imagine that you do action pretty much every day that you're on the set?

Rick Yune: "Yeah, a lot of action. But, listen, you know anybody can do a lot of action and throw a punch and blow things up, but there's a difference between what you see that goes to the screen and what you see that doesn't go to the screen. It all depends on the filmmaker and for me, you're only as good as the people you're surrounded by and these guys are amazing. It's going to be a scary, kick richard simmons movie."

Credit : rainalice/rainlegend

*** Yey, if you’re from this side, it’s your chance to go! :D:P

[10-19] Ninja Assassin in Perú

Hello! I have some news! Ninja Assassin is so popular that it will have a premiere night in Peru for all Rain's fans!

This event will be on December 2nd, at midnight ... also they will be the first Latin country to see the movie!

This event is with the support of Warner Brothers South America, cinespacio, UVK Cinema and of course RAIN Destiny Peru.

Very exciting for them! Let's support them and wish them all the best! For more info, visit these sites: http://raindestiny.foroes.net & http://ninja-assassin-la.blogspot.com

Credit : Tanya/rainlegend

*** Please take note guys, his interview will be aired on October 28. :D:P

********************************************************************************

Rain, Park JS to be Introduced on CNN

091019_c02_s.jpg

South Korean singer Rain and professional soccer player Park Ji-sung will be aired on a special program series by U.S. cable network CNN.

CNN will broadcast "Eye on South Korea" from Monday through Friday to highlight various aspects of the East Asian nation, including its ongoing efforts to overcome the global financial crisis.

Rain and Park will be introduced in the "Talk Asia" section, which will be aired to some 250 million households around the world.

Park's interview will be aired on Wednesday, while Rain's interview is on October 28th.

Credit : KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/news/news_C...67458&id=Cu

Noooo!! I hope this piece of news is untrue!! Though we will expect eventually he will go to serve the military but this is way too soon!! And the HK concert will be his last before he disappearance for 2 years.....Oh no! Oh no! I can't take anymore surprises after the Aug 5 news!! Pls.. pls.. this is can't be true!!!

Guest angelordevil

yeah I know he will go to miltary but it's too soon.

Hope it's not true.

-----------

[Oct-20-2009]Rain starring in Ninja Assassin, causes the journalists from 7 Asian countries to head for Korea.

Rain's personality as a star has come to cause Asian journalists to head for Korea.

Asian junket press conference for hollywood movie 'Ninja Assassin' slated for November 26th, will be held in Seoul, Korea.

'Warner Brothers Korea' involved in the import and distribution of the movie, expressed as, "Asian junket press conference for Ninja Assassin is to be held at Lotte Hotel in Sgongdong, Seoul upcoming November 9th at 11am."

More than 40 media of 7 Asian countries from Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippine, etc. including Korea, will participate in the press conference.

It is extremely unusual, just enough to have been brought about once a year recently, for Asian junket press conference for the hollywood movies to be held in Korea.

The most basic reason why such a press conference will be held in Korea, is because Rain starring in the movie is a Korean. To make short of a long story, he's come to call in Asian journalists related to movies to Korea.

Ninja Assassin directed by movie 'V For Vendetta's 'James McTeigue', and made by the Wachowski brothers, has been spotlighted due to Rain's debut in the hollywood through the movie by landing a leading role.

It is widely anticipated that a new hollywood star called Rain will come into being due to his actions which recall something almost 'Bruce Lee'like in the movie.

credit to Edaily http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=L...;aid=0002171023

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu

Noooo!! I hope this piece of news is untrue!! Though we will expect eventually he will go to serve the military but this is way too soon!! And the HK concert will be his last before he disappearance for 2 years.....Oh no! Oh no! I can't take anymore surprises after the Aug 5 news!! Pls.. pls.. this is can't be true!!!

Wahhh..........Annsit be careful with your heart - hehehe - Please take note that this hasn't been confirmed with JTune yet, who knows, it might be earlier than April - wahhh........ just kidding you. :P:mellow:

yeah I know he will go to miltary but it's too soon.

Hope it's not true.

-----------

[Oct-20-2009]Rain starring in Ninja Assassin, causes the journalists from 7 Asian countries to head for Korea.

Rain's personality as a star has come to cause Asian journalists to head for Korea.

Asian junket press conference for hollywood movie 'Ninja Assassin' slated for November 26th, will be held in Seoul, Korea.

'Warner Brothers Korea' involved in the import and distribution of the movie, expressed as, "Asian junket press conference for Ninja Assassin is to be held at Lotte Hotel in Sgongdong, Seoul upcoming November 9th at 11am."

More than 40 media of 7 Asian countries from Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippine, etc. including Korea, will participate in the press conference.

It is extremely unusual, just enough to have been brought about once a year recently, for Asian junket press conference for the hollywood movies to be held in Korea.

The most basic reason why such a press conference will be held in Korea, is because Rain starring in the movie is a Korean. To make short of a long story, he's come to call in Asian journalists related to movies to Korea.

Ninja Assassin directed by movie 'V For Vendetta's 'James McTeigue', and made by the Wachowski brothers, has been spotlighted due to Rain's debut in the hollywood through the movie by landing a leading role.

It is widely anticipated that a new hollywood star called Rain will come into being due to his actions which recall something almost 'Bruce Lee'like in the movie.

credit to Edaily http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=L...;aid=0002171023

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu

Thu, thanks for sharing this. Good luck to him - good luck to NA! This movie has been long-anticipated mainly because of RAIN! Gosh, Hollywood movie presscon goes to Korea this time - quite unusual. :P:lol:

Neither good nor bad NA review.

VIFF 2009: Ninja Assassin

This here's the first of a series of posts I hope to do on the films I caught at this year's Vancouver International Film Festival. The festival's been on for a couple weeks now so I'm really slacking off. Let's hope I get a word in about all of them before the thing's over.

Last night the girlfriend and I caught "Ninja Assassin" - not a title that suggests the most substantial film on offer at the festival. Directed by "V for Vendetta's" James McTeigue and produced by Andy and "Lara" Wachowski, it's about rogue ninja Raizo (Asian star Rain) who leaves his clan and finds himself pursued by his brothers and sisters all over the world.

The ninjas themselves are called the "Night Clan" - they can teleport through shadows and are capable of withstanding pain most unimaginable. An intelligence agency eventually starts tracking Raizo down for his involvement in the assassination of the Russian Prime Minister. He's helped along the way by Mika Corretti (Naomie Harris), a Cassandric researcher who thinks Raizo is still one of the good guys.

Make no mistake - this is one of the goriest films I've seen since "Kill Bill." But like Quentin Tarantino's 2003 epic, the blood isn't hard to take. Limbs get hacked in "Ninja Assassin" from beginning to end and blood splashes across the screen with the comic exaggeration of an "Itchy and Scratchy" cartoon. The CGI is crude enough (albeit unintentionally) that you can separate fantasy from reality.

It has almost everything you expect from a Ninja movie: bad acting, dialogue that isn't worthy of a soap opera. What surprised me was how involving its story was. The plot unfolds in two separate timelines: one Raizo's upbringing at the brutal hands of his clan leader Ozunu, another his flight from his former brethren. It has just a couple of simple twists to keep you interested and makes an excellent excuse for a string of extended fight sequences.

Surprisingly enough, it's in the fight scenes that the film falters. It's cool enough that the ninjas can travel by night but the lighting is so dark you can't appreciate the athleticism of the fighters. Beyond that the film has the most jagged editing I've seen since "Batman Begins." The camera doesn't stand back and allow you to sit in awe of the physicality the ninjas exhibit.

Flaws aside, this film is a real crowd-pleaser. It's the kind of film in a theatre packed to the hilt with fanboys who will cheer on every arm, leg and orifice that flutters past the screen. If it were 3-D it'd be a cult hit - but as it stands, it will do fine on its own. JESSE FERRERAS. HTTP://JESSEFERRERAS.BLOGSPOT.CO ... NINJA-ASSASSIN.HTML

credit: jojo/ rainlegend.com

Guest tianared

Wahhh..........Annsit be careful with your heart - hehehe - Please take note that this hasn't been confirmed with JTune yet, who knows, it might be earlier than April - wahhh........ just kidding you. :P:mellow:

I thought he was acting in a drama at the beginning of the year?