Any American Enterntainments?

mongstaness

Guest superstar`kiss

*looks at an American cd*

Jive Records.

I don't focus much on the American music industry. o_O

Guest inn0c3nt_ang3l

as from what my friends told me

u mostly gotta have connection to get into the american entertainment..

or u can audition for american idol or making the band..

speaking of MTB are they gonna have 5th season?

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

i think the closest thing to an "entertainment" would be a record label.

some popular labels (that i can think of off the top of my head) would be arista, atlantic, sony, BMG, island. im sure you know other large ones as well.then there are the other record labels that fall under those, or are distributed by the bigger labels: bad boy, the INC, roca-fella, maverick, etc, etc. i may have gotten the mini labels confused with the larger ones, but you get the idea. these days i am so confused as to which record companies own which labels since some of them bought each other out. you can wikipedia or google to find out which ones are which. or, just look for the record company that your favorite american artists belong to and visit their websites.

Guest Dirtycash23

well theirs Defjam,Columbia and the Big Four Records(EMI,SonyBMG,Universal,Warner) which is know all over the World

so I guess thats not just American um....Motown Records,and a WHOLE LOT MORE!!!....lol

as from what my friends told me

u mostly gotta have connection to get into the american entertainment..

or u can audition for american idol or making the band..

speaking of MTB are they gonna have 5th season?

Do American record labels still accept demo tapes/cds? I'm asking because I looked at some record label sites like Sony BMG and Virgin records and they don't give you details on submitting a demo. I think the Virgin site said that they don't accept any :blink: . *sigh* But I guess that sounds about right...I can think of a good number of people that got into the music scene through having connections.

I would really have to practice to try for american idol because I definitely do not want to be on tv looking like an idiot lol. :sweatingbullets:

shinhwa_n_choua

lol yeah...Jive Records is a sub-label under Sony BMG....that label has A LOT of sub-labels...it's confusing.

Guest inn0c3nt_ang3l

Do American record labels still accept demo tapes/cds? I'm asking because I looked at some record label sites like Sony BMG and Virgin records and they don't give you details on submitting a demo. I think the Virgin site said that they don't accept any :blink: . *sigh* But I guess that sounds about right...I can think of a good number of people that got into the music scene through having connections.

I would really have to practice to try for american idol because I definitely do not want to be on tv looking like an idiot lol. :sweatingbullets:

shinhwa_n_choua

lol yeah...Jive Records is a sub-label under Sony BMG....that label has A LOT of sub-labels...it's confusing.

hahaa..i dont know if they accept demo tapes/cds..cause like u said..its all about connection for the american entertainment..but u can try too..

lol

i would like to be in an american ent. too but hahaha..i dont think i will be..lol

Guest superstar`kiss

shinhwa_n_choua

haha! yeah, I get what you mean.

They're printed on like, EVERY cd out there. lmao

Guest JoycexGuo

Try the "Big Four" record companies:

Sony BMG, EMI, Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group.

You'd find much diversity in each and every one of them, mainly because they have a TON (and when I say a TON, I mean a TON) of different sub labels. You could easily find Rihanna signed with the same company as Weezer, you know?

Guest judisz

From what I've heard, most American labels don't just accept auditions from anyone. You have to find an agent for yourself first. When you have an agent, your agent (who has connections in the industry) can send your things into the "A&R", which stands for the Artists and Repertoire, department in the record label.

Archived