Do you ever get your ETHNICITY mistaken...?

Guest eminemjamesuk

Guest ms.minhwan_choi

people usually believes that im a mix.

the mix; japanese and white

or just plain japanese

they dont bother to guess chinese or korean.

apparently its because my skin is whiter than other asians..

which i find funny cuz im tanned!!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get many nationalities. Maybe i look mixed.

i feel that sometimes when people say i look Korean or Japanese

i feel so much prettier, but when they say Hmong, i feel less pretty..

but none the less, even my blood contained Korean blood, i'd still

be me.. so nothing changes.

Guest norrine

MY GREAT GRANFATHER IS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST SO I GOT THAT ASIAN AND MIDDLE EAST LOOK WHICH I'M VERY PROUD OF. I'M NOT AS TALL AS THEY ARE BUT I LIKE MY HEIGHT.

Guest marshmellow

I'm full Chinese. (: But according to most people, I don't look my ethnicity. People always ask me if I'm part white.

Guest STEPHOO--

I've heard Chinese from people at school ..

One of my friends thought I was Chinese until I told him that I wasn't a few weeks ago. haha.

Then other friends would say I look mixed. I guess it's only in the sun. My eyes go way lighter than they already are and my hair goes much lighter too. O_O

Guest yabba_dabba_doo

I live in texas, I'm vietnamese but people ALWAYS mistaken me being mexican/hispanic

Guest glamchicdiva

i'm full Chinese but was born n raised in Indonesia. now i'm in China to learn Mandarin. 99.9% of the time, people said i look Korean. even real Koreans said that they thought im Korean. Indonesians also thought i'm Korean, when i told them the truth, they had this jaw-dropping look on their faces. one of my Japanese friends thought i'm Japanese, she said my face looks Japanese. as i can remember, there's only 1 girl who thought i'm real Chinese. LOL. actually im already prepared for this, cuz before i went here, my mandarin teacher said to me to be careful cuz people will think i'm korean, n therefore i'll get higher price when i buy sumthin.

Guest Meenuh

People always think i'm chinese but it doesn't really bother me. Either that or half korean half chinese or half korean half japanese.

There was an old woman who asked me the price of an item in Chinese and I was like " I don't speak Chinese" but she kept on asking me so I walked away. Not trying to be rude but that's just plain scary. People usually say that I'm Chinese but I'm not. Okay maybe I am. Only 1/3 . I think it's because of my eyes.. hrmmm...

Guest soheesocute011

I get mistaken a lot for being Korean, but only once I start speaking Korean.

People mistake me for being Mexican, Chinese, Vietnamese, or Korean. But I'm Filipino. :mellow:

A couple of times. I've been asked if I was Chinese like a gazillion times while growing up but it stopped a few years ago. Now people mistake me and my older sister for Koreans and my younger sister for Japanese. Even my cousin said I didn't look hmoob but instead Korean. There's a lot of hmoob people in MN so i figured they'd all just guess that I'm hmoob, but even some hmoob people would ask me if I'm Korean and some even ask if I'm hmoob before they speak to me lol.

Guest sourx3candi

i'm filipino, but people mistake me for samoan, hawaiian, and basically every other islander.

Guest jiwoneex3

almost everyone who didn't know me first came up to me asking me if i'm Chinese. (I'm Korean)

i'm not that surprised though.

but they always ask asians first if they're Chinese.

but never ask if they're Koreans.

Guest kimchi hana

Are you Chinese or Japanese?

No, I'm Korean.

Oo, North or South Korean?

Oh, no. I'm WEST KOREAN.

I really don't see the necessity in asking if we're freaking north or south.

It's very ignorant, no? Or maybe they're just clueless.

Archived