Do you ever get your ETHNICITY mistaken...?

Guest eminemjamesuk

Guest Special Ed

I'm Hmong but I have a pale complexion (similar to a caucasian's), wide eyes, and a non-flat nose. If I have black hair, I could be something like Daniel Henney. lol. But if I dye my hair brown I look more asian for some reason.

But I'm always mistaken for either a caucasian, korean, japanese, or chinese due to my pale complexion. :crazy:

I had "friends" who went a whole school year thinking I was caucasian. At the Hmong New Year this lady asked my cousins if I was their caucasian friend in Hmong clothes. Hmong kids never talked to me because I look mixed. And if Hmong kids talked to me, they never talked to me in Hmong, but english until I reveal my ethnicity. Weeaboos would get strangely happy when meeting me for the first time. People would believe any story I tell them about me being mixed or japanese or whatever.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest proFRESHional.

oh yess. im chinese mixed with vietnamese.. but i've been mistaken for Mexican, Laos, Mien and even Black cause of my skin color and the way i talk. lmao

Guest RNGUYEN

i'm always mistaken for chinese... well, the people at my school are .. culturally deprived? haha -.-" so they just assume anyone whose asian looking=chinese. lol.

Guest MisS_SuJu

When I was studying in London people thought that I was from Iran.

That's just plain stupid, 'cos everyone can see I'm Korean -____-

Then I started to talk in Italian and they were like: WOW WHERE ARE YOU COME FROM?!

"I'm Korean." I said ^^

Omg, all the time!

I'm Vietnamese, and I get mistaken for Chinese or Korean ALL the time.

But I personally think I look Vietnamese

In 7th grade, this korean lunch lady asked me what my race was, and I told her I was Vietnamese.

She ended up telling me I was too pretty to be Vietnamese.

So I was like .... -_-

Guest loveartiste

somedays i'm japanese. -__-

rarely i'm flip. -______-

everyother day i'm korean. -___-

everyday im a richard simmons

everyday im just an asian

i've been called malaysian.

somedays im actually called chinese instead of richard simmons -______________-

most of the time i'm vietnamese

but i'm never hmong.

Guest angelaness

ugh ppl in my schoo are mad racist.

they think im chinese when im not. im korean.

and they lik oh its a CHINESE girl w/ sooo much stress on chinese. theress lik what 4 asains in my WHOLE school. soo thats probably why.

i dont really care what they say.. i mean, i think it means that they are interested in what you are, so they want to know.

besides, they usually never get it correct. I always get something like Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, etc.

which to me, are like compliments.... because Asian girls are beautiful (list not limited to that one)

anywho... i use to hate it, but i dont mind no more.. if they want to know, i'll tell them.

Guest Uh O Dianuh

Most people think I'm American

with a tint of some type of Asian blood in me.

When I'm more Asian and only a quarter American. =]

Guest Tae.Yeon

i'm always mistaken for chinese... well, the people at my school are .. culturally deprived? haha -.-" so they just assume anyone whose asian looking=chinese. lol.

omg same here. they're like.. whats korea? oh you mean north korea?

Guest eledoremassis02

Can't remember if I posted here ><*

Anyway..

I have been mistaken for:

1/2 white 1/2 Chinese

Hmong

Italian

and when I was in Japan people thought I was 1/2 Japanese both Japanese and European American foreigners.

XD I'm White, Native American..

Go figure..

Guest busagiboo

I'm Chinese, but I've been mistaken as Filipino because I'm so tanned. Some have mistaken me for Korean just because of my last name, "Lee".

Guest littlemisssunsunshine

i get mistaken so much its not funny anymore haha.

do i look eurasian? no, i dont think so. cos im not. XD

Archived