☆ 2 P M ★ Official Thread ☆

Guest touchtheskies.

Guest bluesky277

jyp will debut a new boyband. Why is it happening now? 2pm is only 1 year old.

Its like a direct competition.

I hope 2pm will be ok.

I dont like this news at all. why is jyp debuting a new group at this time?

He should focus on bringing Jay back :(

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest theblazenazn

I feel very uneasy about this. It's kind of insensitive to do this now. But people don't realize from AllKPop that this is only a rumor and it might not be true. One of the member was said to have left JYPE already. However, most of the time AKP rumors about debuts are true for example with Secrets and Rainbow before their debut. We will have to wait and see.

2PM and them will although be in the same JYPE family but its like they're competing for promotions and tracks that JYP composes. It never happened before because 2AM sings ballad songs but if the new band sings the same genre then it will be the case.

first time posting here~

does anyone know where to watch the infinity challenge survival episode with jay and junho?

i can't find it anywhere with subs ;-;

^ here you go

090808 IChallenge 2PM Cut [1/2]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-p5NhPv0Us

090808 IChallenge 2PM Cut [2/2]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm0VZ5dQljA...feature=related

cr: time2sub2

Guest gorjuzghurl

Please vote for the boys in the YAHOO ASIA BUZZ AWARDS 2009

They're currently on the 10th place and they have the least votes from all the other idol groups in the male category.

Vote here - http://kr.buzz.promotion.yahoo.com/asiabuz.../buzzVote/male/

/edit

New BTS photos for Paris Baguette CF (Woo & Chansung)

CREDIT : BESTIZ, 2ONEDAY.COM

Guest badtzmarujung

I hope 2pm will be ok.

I think JYPE debute them for Chiness's Market like the female group "Sister"

-------------------------------

I love Chansong&Wooyong pics . It's very cute :P

-------------------------------

"2PM's new song "Heartbeat" has Jaebum's voice in it?"

CREDIT: DIP통신 류수운 기자, swryu64@dipts.com; dipts.com (SOURCE); tvxqbuzz7921@2ONEDAY (TRANS)

Performance boyband 2PM's new album title song "Heartbeat" has collected interest due to the fact that 2PM's leader JaeBum's voice has been left in the song.

Introducing his/her self as JaeBum's fan, on the 17th in the afternoon an e-mail was received entitled "In Heartbeat, Jay's Voice" where he/she claims that after verse 2 of Khun's rap and Junho's song that for 2 seconds Jaebum's voice comes out.

In the e-mail, the fan stated "JaeBum had finished recording the entire 1st album before he ever left to America, JYP adhered to a 6 member group to which then out of the 13 tracks that 6 of the new tracks that Jaebum's voice was in were re-recorded with Junsu and Junho's voices" and "With one months worth of mixing the complete album with Jaebum's voice was removed in the short period of 3 weeks, claiming that it is unfair.

S/he continues "The song (Heartbeat) may be something that people just inattentively listen to but for 2 years us fans have listened to 2PM's voices and even know their speech styles that even with that short sound we know" and revealed their opinion that Heartbeat contains Jaebum's voice.

Beforehand, 2PM fans recently spread awareness of their opinion that Jaebum's voice can be heard in "Heartbeat" and "Tired Of Waiting" through words on internet cafes or blogs.

Concerning this, a JYP affiliate stated "The first album contains Jaebum's voice in the songs that have been released in the past, but the new songs were recorded with the 6 members so that to be hearing his voice is impossible" and "it is a story of nonsense" and dismissed any rumors that Jaebum's voice was in "Heartbeat".

On another note, a 6 membered 2PM without Jaebum's tracks 'Tired of Waiting' has swept #1 on the online music chart Monkey3, and #2 on Soribada confirming that 2PM have not cooled as "idol stars" and continue to collect popularity.

-----

JYPE I want Jay's voice in the song too.

Guest Aesthetic_Chinese

I hope 2pm will be ok.

wait what?? how do you know??

where did you get this information??

Guest papiroflexia

Everyone get ready for the tears, because I bursted in them reading this..

Thanks for posting!

Oh 2PM<3

Congrats to them, looks like the you-know-what had no effect

So unfortunate, Jay could've gotten some of that money

^

Little 2PM were so cuteee

Waaaittt, I don't understand how Jay would have gotten money? From what? I'm confused.

Really, What's wrong with Wooyoung? He seems SO out of it lately. I honestly could not stop looking at him throughout this whole video clip because I was hoping somewhere he would crack a smile, but he didn't. While all the boys were goofing off and laughing he just stood there and he looked kind of.. annoyed? That's not like Woo at all. He's usually the first to goof off, him and Jay. I'm really sad to see him like this because I'm scared what's happening to him is going to be the same thing that happened to Sohee when Hyunah left the group. I don't want Woo to turn into an introvert.

And wtfreak.. why is Junsu SO EFFIN SKINNY?!?! Like he lost a dramatic amount of weight. Ahh please be healthy and happy boys ><"

Didn't the boys have to lose weight for this concept of emo/dark? I think they mentioned that somewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

They said Jay's absence made the boy's popularity go up, but you know what would make their popularity explode? Jay coming back, I bet all the CF people are just gonna get at them at whatever price so they can sell their product like BAM. So Jay come back soon :D

Guest kaling321

I'm sure a lot of people have already read all the recent articles. My take on the matter is how can the readers be sure that these suggestive information is not from the same people who started this whole fiasco in the first place? What I'm saying is that this whole problem was started by people who cannot stand 2pm in the limelight and wanted their group to be more popular instead. I think all these articles discouraging support to the remaining members as well as putting Jyp/e in such a bad light is also trying to bring them down. It's a matter of intention which we can never be sure of...

Guest xclueless

I'm sure a lot of people have already read all the recent articles. My take on the matter is how can the readers be sure that these suggestive information is not from the same people who started this whole fiasco in the first place? What I'm saying is that this whole problem was started by people who cannot stand 2pm in the limelight and wanted their group to be more popular instead. I think all these articles discouraging support to the remaining members as well as putting Jyp/e in such a bad light is also trying to bring them down. It's a matter of intention which we can never be sure of...

Honestly, we don't know. And that's what makes everything so controversial. Some people believe that these articles are the truth and that JYP really did force Jay out just for money. Some people believe that these articles are made up and JYP was true to his words. Personally, I don't buy it. I did buy into it for a second just because I was so blindly happy to hear that Jay was going to return to 2PM, IF he returns. I don't know, everything just never made sense to me and the puzzle pieces never fit. It also seems like a lot of people don't understand what's going to happen to Jay if he doesn't return to 2PM. Jay's not young anymore, well okay he's young but he's FAR behind on what his age would be at school. And we all know Jay isn't a school person. What's going to happen to him if he doesn't come back to 2PM? It's not just about a boy band and kpop and music or whatever. It's someone's future we're talking about and I just don't get why JYP is just so insensitive about it.

As far as we know, we'll never get the truth but I'm just going to keep believing what I've always believed.

Thanks for posting!

Oh 2PM<3

Waaaittt, I don't understand how Jay would have gotten money? From what? I'm confused.

Didn't the boys have to lose weight for this concept of emo/dark? I think they mentioned that somewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

They said Jay's absence made the boy's popularity go up, but you know what would make their popularity explode? Jay coming back, I bet all the CF people are just gonna get at them at whatever price so they can sell their product like BAM. So Jay come back soon :D

I meant Jay would've gotten some of the money the boys are earning from their new CF's if the controversy didn't happen. I'm assuming he isn't getting that money now...

--

Whoever said that Jaebum made 2pm's popularity go higher....I completely agree because it was true in my case. I vaguely knew of the 'hot blood boys' ..before they became 2pm but was never interested. It was only until a friend posted about Jay' departure on facebook that I got more curious and looked them up and so on. Of course Woo and Taec kept me interested but had it not been for Jay I would've found out about them much later on.

Guest bert263

Honestly, we don't know. And that's what makes everything so controversial. Some people believe that these articles are the truth and that JYP really did force Jay out just for money. Some people believe that these articles are made up and JYP was true to his words. Personally, I don't buy it. I did buy into it for a second just because I was so blindly happy to hear that Jay was going to return to 2PM, IF he returns. I don't know, everything just never made sense to me and the puzzle pieces never fit. It also seems like a lot of people don't understand what's going to happen to Jay if he doesn't return to 2PM. Jay's not young anymore, well okay he's young but he's FAR behind on what his age would be at school. And we all know Jay isn't a school person. What's going to happen to him if he doesn't come back to 2PM? It's not just about a boy band and kpop and music or whatever. It's someone's future we're talking about and I just don't get why JYP is just so insensitive about it.

As far as we know, we'll never get the truth but I'm just going to keep believing what I've always believed.

Why are you making Jay out to be an idiot? Just because he's not a school person he still have the potential to learn if he work hard and is determined enough. This is what I'm mad about that people think that Jay has no life or future without 2PM. When one door shuts there's always another that can be open right? Instead of doing something that is counter-productive like you know what and waiting everyday for his return why not encourage him to pursue his career/dream in other ways and to not give up. Some people just want him back in 2PM period and that's not what we should be telling him: that he's nothing without 2PM.

bert263: I agree with what you said. Even if, i mean, even if Jay or whoever decided that he is not coming back. It is not & will not be the end of the world for Jay. Life is not always a bed of roses, there are often trials & tribulations that one has to overcome. Yes, 2PM is a major part of his life, but definitely not his everything. Lets take things in stride. Sometimes, things are not as bad as we think or make them out to be..

Guest runawayu

I think actually you all need to do the difference between jyp and jype

It is jype's decision to debut a boyband, not jyp's sole decision.

Anyway it's natural decision of a entertainment company to debut boyband or girlband.

and please note that the jype does not revolve around 2pm only. It consist of other groups and other trainees who have not debut yet.

and the earth is not going to stop spinning if jay cdoes not omes back

didn't jyp say jay is coming back after all? it is just a matter of time

Guest silence457

Park Jaebeom will not return to 2PM and JYPE's new group

It is confirmed that 2PM's member and exleader Park Jaebeom will not come back to the group. After a highly controversial scandal two months ago, Park, a Korean American, quickly resigned from the group and flew back to his hometown in America and has been keeping a low profile for a while.

2PM's fans have reacted negatively to Jaebeom's departure, creating boycotts against JYPE and 6 member 2PM for the past month. JYPE officially announced their stance that they will welcome Jaebeom back to the group when he is ready. However, 2PM's fans have expressed their distrust in JYPE's willingness to take Jaebeom back and continued with the boycott amidst 2PM's comeback activities this month.

The situation took on a new turn today when JYPE announced that Park Jaebeom has requested to terminate the current contract with JYPE. A JYPE representative said that even though the contract is still valid until 2013, they understand that the pressure Park Jaebeom is experiencing is too much for him to handle and believe that Park does not have the confidence to continue to perform on stage. Park Jaebeom's anti-Korean comment a few years ago on his friends' Myspace profile has also damaged JYPE and 2PM's image in the public so it is very hard to bring him back to the group without risking 2PM's success. Therefore, the two sides decided to terminate the contract last week and starting next month, Park Jaebeom will be free from any responsibilities for JYPE.

Meanwhile, JYPE stated that they will continue to promote 2PM as a 6 member group. JYPE has also decided that despite the 2PM's high popularity, they will keep the group under low profile and only produce one album per year for 2PM. JYPE will also debut another boy group yet to be named in order to bring a fresh air to JYPE whose image has been tarnished in the public after Jaebeom's scandal. This new group will be active both in Korea and China.

credit: Newsen, translator 2PMposit

Park Jaebeom will not return to 2PM and JYPE's new group

It is confirmed that 2PM's member and exleader Park Jaebeom will not come back to the group. After a highly controversial scandal two months ago, Park, a Korean American, quickly resigned from the group and flew back to his hometown in America and has been keeping a low profile for a while.

2PM's fans have reacted negatively to Jaebeom's departure, creating boycotts against JYPE and 6 member 2PM for the past month. JYPE officially announced their stance that they will welcome Jaebeom back to the group when he is ready. However, 2PM's fans have expressed their distrust in JYPE's willingness to take Jaebeom back and continued with the boycott amidst 2PM's comeback activities this month.

The situation took on a new turn today when JYPE announced that Park Jaebeom has requested to terminate the current contract with JYPE. A JYPE representative said that even though the contract is still valid until 2013, they understand that the pressure Park Jaebeom is experiencing is too much for him to handle and believe that Park does not have the confidence to continue to perform on stage. Park Jaebeom's anti-Korean comment a few years ago on his friends' Myspace profile has also damaged JYPE and 2PM's image in the public so it is very hard to bring him back to the group without risking 2PM's success. Therefore, the two sides decided to terminate the contract last week and starting next month, Park Jaebeom will be free from any responsibilities for JYPE.

Meanwhile, JYPE stated that they will continue to promote 2PM as a 6 member group. JYPE has also decided that despite the 2PM's high popularity, they will keep the group under low profile and only produce one album per year for 2PM. JYPE will also debut another boy group yet to be named in order to bring a fresh air to JYPE whose image has been tarnished in the public after Jaebeom's scandal. This new group will be active both in Korea and China.

credit: Newsen, translator 2PMposit

what the hell is this? I am going crazy now. It is so difficult to accept this even though it's reality. I have always feared this day but I still cannot accept it. 2PM with Jay is the only group that keeps me interested in Kpop....... I am speechless.

or maybe this is just another of JYPE's tactics to confuse fans. maybe after one year Jay will be back and it will be the most epic comeback ever? I cannot accept Jay's permanent resignation this easily. No

Jay does not have a say in anything and to even remotely suggest that Jay has a say in his career is ridiculous. We know how this business works... Jay can make a decision kind of talk is aimed specifically for teenagers and whoever that has not entered into the business world yet. Contractual obligations are binding in every sense, contractual obligations in the entertainment world even more complex, contractual obligations in a country like Korea in its tough entertainment industry with the governing system is beyond the imagination of most fans anyways.

Watching the boys, and seeing their interactions, I can't help but feel a part of their naivete has been lost thorugh the whole ideal. They became boys to men overnight and likely saw the ugliest side of what this entertainment business has to offer. Not just wooyoung, nichkhun in many ways seems alot more reticent and quiet than before.

With all the speculations coming up from the various sources. Here's what I think is the truth of the situation through my own analysis and drawing from my own experiences being in this field.

1. I do believe that Jay was asked to leave to keep the CF contracts intact but I'm not sure if the move was meant to be a permanent one

2. I do believe that they may not have made the kind of money that is stated in the media. Inflation of prices is common practice for our field, we usually do it by 3X but I;m sceptical on C list prices being A list artistes part. The transacted amount probably lies somewhere in between.

3. I do believe that JYP is the sole decision maker in that company despite his fervent alluding to having partners to consult on the business decisions. Last I know of his company, he is the biggest shareholder.

I understand where he is coming from from a business perspective but I find his actions pretty disgusting coming from a humanity one. Just a few days ago, I happen to chance on the footage for the press con he threw for the Wondergirls when the billboard announcement came up. He was full of smiles and confidence when handling this conference so why the mess when it came to 2PM.That to me was very hypocritical.

In the face of the boys struggling to regroup, here's the new release that he is coming up with a new boyband.Thats when I realise the boys are nothing to him but a product. If it works, good, if it fails, hey I've got Crossover as a good substitute.

The businesswoman in me tries to rationalise that the industry is cruel and to accept that this is just business and I should know better than to involve myself emotionally in such a situation but the fangirl noona in me just cannot forget the seven boys who became a part of my stressful day, that brought me laughs in the face of crap and watching their videos makes me forget the cynical jadedness of worklife.

He may not be the best man but he sure owns the best boys... I find it sad if they were tp be lost in a sea of idols when more time elapses.

What will 2PM in the future be... hopefully not known to be the band who had the most potential to make a difference in the world stage but never quite got there...

EDIT: Just read the news that Jay chose to terminate the contract. Great, this can only be so with JYP's blessings. My last sentence seems to be more real than I thought now. Since this is it ... I hope JB talks and finds a new career with someone who recognises his talent more than jut money at the end of the day

Archived