Do you prefer your favorite singer to.....well.....SING?

crystalis

Additonal Poll Choice: I WANT THE WHOLE PACKAGE!!! (sing, dance, act, model, compose, just everything! VOTES: 22 people
<<updated 23/10 EDIT: OMGoish I'm so stupid...I forgot to make a option where you can vote for your singer to be everything! So if you do pick that choice and want your vote to count...just reply in RED colour and tell me...and I put on this post! How's everyone today? Before I go to my midterm, I thought I'd post up this poll. :D Today, in the Korean music industry...it's very common to see singers branch out into different parts of the music and entertainment business. I was wondering, do you guys and gals prefer to have your singer just stick to singing? Alot of singers actually compose or play their own music...which is different than being just a singer...they are now composers and musicians...but I'll jumble them under 'musician' to save space on the poll :lol: ; or they have been contracted up as magazine and cf models; some have even dipped their toes around the acting pool, doing sitcoms, dramas, movies and gameshows. Going around forums...I've read some negative feedback from people who think this singer or so-and-so have been on waaaaaay too many shows....especially from underground groups (i.e. hip-hop underground). Perhaps not the best example, but take for instance 'Tablo's losing respect from the hip-hop community for appearing in a sitcom' etc...(Personally, I sometimes think people involved in underground music communities are in love with idea of underground...when someone becomes famous with their type of famous...they tend to call them wannabes ;) ) Or bashing of singers like "they have NO talent, they just got famous for being on gameshows"...blah blah... I, personally, like to see my singers as entertainers and well-rounded personas...after all I listen to music to be entertained...I'm not going to complain if my favorite singer is going to send a little extra my way :P I'll stop now...just wondering what you guys think! Give your reasons if you can ! Even if you don't pick the whole package...is there anyone out there you think have it all?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wanted to vote for choices # 2, 3 and 4.

singers who can compose their own music are quite admirable, and when they sing their composed songs, it tends to be more heartfelt..

i admire people who dance really well, so that's a plus

it is also fun to see them in game shows - it shows another side of their personality that you don't get to see when they perform..

Singers are entertainers, so they need to come up with something new everytime to keep people's attention. So if they can multi-task, then that's an advantage for them.

Most important thing is he can interact well with the audience.. and that is what a good performance is all about.

If I want to hear him sing.. I could always listen to the cd.. so for me.. good voice number 2.. number 1

is the interaction and dance routine..

And Yes.... If he could act... It's just complete everything..

I want them to sing, dance, and compose.

Acting is just too... weird... it's like they're not singers any more... they're just entertainers at that point.

Aish aish. It'd be great if my favorite could SIng, Dance, and Compose their own music. o.OOOOO

Most can only do two of them though. It's very sad, but true. Se7en can sing AND dance though! ^o^ WheeSung can Compose and Sing...his dancing is lacking.

Ayumi Hamasaki can Sing and Compose. As can most Japanese singers. Too bad most Korean singers can't write their own music. (At least not the popular ones.)

^---they can do a whole bunch of other things though (Like dance really well!)

I want them to do what makes them happy, even if it's not singing for a while. (And there are a lot of talented singers who hardly ever -or even never-write their own lyrics-so composing really isn't a huge must for me--but it's nice if they do.) Or even a loooong while...even Lim Changjun is coming back to music--after he supposedly retired--and I knew he would.

Of course there are people that I need to hear, but seem to be interested in acting right now--which is fine, too--but hope that they will also return to singing eventually.

please listen, Kim Junghoon.

t_t

Guest yuans7love

I WANT THE WHOLE PACKAGE!!!!

but you know... if he can sing a little and shake his booty a little that's good enough for me~:P

Guest KPxAngelTears12

IMO~

a singer doesn't have to know how to model, act, dance or anything else other than singing and being good at singing too, for me to like them, if theres a singer who just looks good without the talent, like alot of korean singers, then I dont see a point to being a fan.

Guest KuYA II

imo,

as long as they are happy on what they're doing then thats what all it matters. Also, if they still stay in the industry then thats fine with me ^^.

but if i had to choose,

i would choose someone who can compose music or even write lyrics like (ayumi hamasaki) also someone who can be gifted with an angelic voice and not a wannabe mariah carey,whitney houston, or christina aguilera (lee soo young), someone who can truely entertain the audience with amazing dancing skills (boa) and someone who can put so much dedication even though they're voice isn't what "higher level" and is considered a "sex icon" BUT can show so much hardwork in their music industry(lee hyori).

my opinion *shrugs*

Guest Rachel Lee.

for a singer, singing & dancing is basically like a given. composing would make you an even better singer & modeling is up to how popular or how decent you look. i don't know. i just love junsoo cause he can sing and dance so well. plus hes so cute.

people like wheesung deserve so much more popularity. i know he's popular now too but i wish he would get a lot more credit. his singing, dancing, rapping, everything is so perfect. (; anyways, singing & dancing. everything else would be an add-in that would make them even better.

Hi all,

Thanks for participating in this poll...judging from the answers...I guess I should made the poll compilable huh? so everyone can pick what they want they're singer to do :lol:

So far, for the whole package I've got:

yuans7love

If I missed you plz tell me ;p

Guest ninja ness x

dang that was realllyyy hard..

i want brian to act kus i think that he would act REALLY good

and i want him to dance more. its so cute

and i want him to be on more games. i absolutely LOVE his personality.

Guest hershy kissez

i say everything.

if they are a good composer they write and sing better- meaning they know if their flat or sharp

if the can dance, that means they are more talented which makes people admire them more.

if i see them on funny games shows and dramas, it shows that they think more than just their music.

so i say everything :)

Archived