University Of Houston - Main Campus

Guest Solly

Guest luudacris

Uhm...School starts August 25th right?

I actually don't have any classes that day, but I'm going to need help looking for my classes. HEHE

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Solly

Did you get your schedule done yet? :D

i'm going to go to my academic advisor today to talk about my schedule, and what classes i should start taking this year. i have NO idea when school starts, so i'll ask them when i get there.

omg... i just hate driving over there. too much traffic, even around noon! T_T

Guest qquinto

if you're worried about parking, you could always get a parking garage pass? sorry if it's already been mentioned, i didn't really read every post.

anyways, a meet would be cool. i could try to show some of you around.. but i didn't really explore campus much last year. i know where all the food places are though lol. hilton hotel cookies are <3 (they're huge! i get one daily ahh)

Guest Crispy

1. Convenience (the commute's not too bad from where I live.. 20-25 min, depending on traffic)

2. They offered me a full scholarship. (which I screwed myself out of. Such a genius I am.)

3. I applied to schools pretty late in the game.. like the April before I graduated. -__-

4. .. I dunno.

Oh, and another thing.

If you're worried about getting lost because it's supposedly a "big campus" (doesn't seem all that big to me?),

you don't have to worry much if you're a freshman since most of the freshie classes (basics) are pretty much grouped together in one big area.

(the main exceptions to this are for the "specialty" classes)

My first semester was the only time that I've had to walk far for classes since my engineering class was on the other side of campus.

(and even then, it wasn't that bad.. in fact, it's pretty nice in the fall weather)

Guest KrazySchoolGirl

UH is really small. Y'all will get used to the campus in a week or two.

The first day of school is very fun. They put up tents to help the lost. :D

Don't worry, there's probably thousands of other people who have the same 'lost in the wilderness' feeling.

GO COOGS!

Guest vanessa1988

cool soompi uh meetup! im there!

yea school is not really THAT big. but i do remeber getting lost the first day lol

i wouldnt mind showing anyone around the school.

new semester new friends^^

Guest Solly

the only reason why i chose u of h was because it's cheaper than my old school, st. thomas. not even half of what i paid at my school. plus, i want to study abroad, and u of h has KOREA! yay! so yeah. haha. plus, they have what i want to major in which is hotel management.

but anyway, maybe we should all make our schedule first, and then workout the meet up time and date? ;DDDDD omg vanessa i would love for you to show me around campus! xDDDDDDD

Guest yowzatheman

the only reason why i chose u of h was because it's cheaper than my old school, st. thomas. not even half of what i paid at my school. plus, i want to study abroad, and u of h has KOREA! yay! so yeah. haha. plus, they have what i want to major in which is hotel management.

but anyway, maybe we should all make our schedule first, and then workout the meet up time and date? ;DDDDD omg vanessa i would love for you to show me around campus! xDDDDDDD

but all that extra money goes towards all of those theo and phil classes making you into a student of "faith and character!"

/sarcasm

ah i love hating on my school :D

btw nancy leaves this saturday!

Guest mkdinh

-raises hand- mee!

i'm going in as uscholar freshman because the business school didn't accept mee :(

anyone want to help me find my classes? XD

Guest Solly

^i know! and i won't get the chance to meet her this week. i have so much stuff to do, and my friends and i already made plans this week, so i can't go to her party or even see her. life sucks. D: but imma miss you too harry poo <3

and yeah... nancy unni told me that i was lucky to leave st. thomas... lol. my mom thinks it's an awesome school and she sort of feels sad that i'm leaving that school... asian parents. >________<;;;

Guest luudacris

-raises hand- mee!

i'm going in as uscholar freshman because the business school didn't accept mee :(

anyone want to help me find my classes? XD

I'm a freshman in uscholar's, too.

What classes are you taking?

Guest Crispy

I'm actually really surprised that so many people on here go to UH. o__o

Initially thought it was just a small handful of people.

Fall semester = my favorite, because of the weather.

And there are a lot of freshmen walking around with confused/excited looks on their faces.. it's kinda cute, ahaha.

(no offense, new guys!)

Guest mkdinh

I'm a freshman in uscholar's, too.

What classes are you taking?

comp 1 w/ kessler

college alg w/heeth

govt w/ brandon

sociologi w/ salinas

and CORE with velez

how about you? i still need to drive up there to see where exactly those buildings are haha.

btw, can anyone tell me how to do the whole parking permit thing? i already selected it in my peoplesoft account, but i have no idea what to do next lol.

Guest luudacris

2hz5llh.jpg

Hey, what's up with this hold? I already saw them at orientation.

Micro-economics....Gentile

English....professor to be announced

US History.....Storrs

College algebra......Gross

Work study

What's CORE?

I think they mail you the parking permit thing. They're really slow. It's like I do something and they get back to me 3-4 weeks later.

Have your tuition stuff popped up yet? Right now, I'm just waiting for answers.

Guest Crispy

^ You could've just bought the parking permit on campus and received it instantly.

If they send it in the mail, it doesn't matter if it's a bit late; they don't fine parking fees until like 1-2 weeks into the semester.

Guest vanessa1988

sure!! no problem!

lets see monday (aug 25) i have to be there at 1pm. so i can show you before my class starts^^

oh yea...i have to buy the parking permit too ><

Guest Solly

^that'll be great! [= we'll see what happens i guess xDDDDDDDDD

i need to buy a parking permit also, but i need to register for my classes, and peoplesoft isn't letting me! arrgh!!!! D: it keeps saying this...

Error: You have a hold on your record. The hold on your record must be removed before this transaction can be processed.

i don't know what the heck is being held... *sigh*

they also said that they will have my transferred grades posted up after july 24th and uhh... i don't even see anything. *sigh* it just takes to long. -______-;;;

btw, do any of you guys know what books we need for each classes? is there like a website where you can check it out or something...? O_o?

Guest Crispy

^ I had a hold on my schedule before my first semester, but I totally forgot what it was for.

Um.. I think it's normal? Bleh, I wish I remembered. Just try calling them -- there should be a number somewhere on the UH site.

And about the books,

you receive all that information on the first day of class.

They'll give you a syllabus and all the class information.

You'll be able to find almost all of the books in the UH bookstore; they give you 1-2 weeks before you absolutely need to have the book.

Archived