2008 Sm Audition In Sf?

Guest themarine

I'm 19 and turning 20 early next year.

I feel kinda old too since most training they take are

young.lol.

but then again I don't look 19, ppl always say that I look hella young.haha.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i look alot younger -_-...people never believe im 20...i look more like im 16

yeah you do look young.lol.

I look like I'm 16 too.lmao.

oh and you sound pretty good.

Guest Crazyasian3119

YOU GUYS!! ITS THIS SUNDAY!!! ARE YOU READY TO KNOCK THE SOCKS OFF THOSE JUDGES???

okay... enough with the fake enthusiasm. this whole week i've been studying my brains out for the SATs. it kept me sane because if i didn't i would be thinking of the auditions too much and then i'd chicken out and not go. i also almost got sick this week too... i had a horrible sore throat but i forced myself to practice (IT HURT SO GOOD)... as much as i want to get in and as much as i know how much i could improve if i would get in and get trained (sorry, big-headed moment there)... i'm not getting my hopes up too high because i just know that its a 75% i'm not getting in. not to sound pessimistic. i'm just trying to be real... the higher i'd get my hopes up, the higher i'd fall... so i'd rather go in with low expectations, give it my all, and not be disappointed.

so, basically kinda worried now... because i was told in some other thread that my hairstyle was a no-go... so i went to a salon to get it cut... and now i think its a little... i dunno. not good? and uh, sore throat + practicing = bad? i read somewhere that if your throat hurts or if you're sick, you're supposed to rest your voice (on top of chugging medicine, using steam-machines, and drinking lots of fluids) because you'll strain it and it'll just end up ruining your voice. and i've been trying to teach myself to freestyle... it was complete FAIL. its not something you learn in a week, much less overnight.

but i saw some video of some SHINee dance to different music... and it dawned on me... that its not just a "magic dance". its the counts. majority of music is in 4/4 and their dance is in 4/4... so if i learned some choreography in 4/4... i could just dance it to whatever song (of course tempo counts a lot too... but most dancing music is pretty much the same speed)... problem is... if they don't play a song in 4/4: I'M SCREWED.

if anyone is interested in this "method" of getting that freestyle. let me know, i know a bunch of videos that teaches you a bunch of different choreographies (is that a word?).

Guest love_fate&destiny

*sigghhh*

i'm freaking richard simmons. i have a runny nose, and it's affecting my voice and hurting my head. :(

it's friday! for god sake! i need my damn voice!

and i read somewher that if i can't dance...i have a lower chance of getting in....=_=

well, that sucks for me then.

i need a choreography, maybe, to dance. i can't just freestyle.

Guest Crazyasian3119

click here! just browse around... there are a lot of different choreographies to different tempos and different levels. its not "sexual" dancing so... you don't have to worry about "booty-booty" and "boobies-boobies" moves.

hope that helps!

*sigghhh*

i'm freaking richard simmons. i have a runny nose, and it's affecting my voice and hurting my head. :(

it's friday! for god sake! i need my damn voice!

and i read somewher that if i can't dance...i have a lower chance of getting in....=_=

well, that sucks for me then.

i need a choreography, maybe, to dance. i can't just freestyle.

:mellow: aw... i'm sure you'll be better by sunday. one way i read to clear up sinuses is chop up some ginger, put it in some boiling water, put your head over the pot with a towel over your head and inhaaaaaaaale. if you can't stand ginger, just boil water... it should be just as affective. but, i could be /wrong. or just go buy those steam machines and or steam fluids... nasal sprays (but i heard some aren't good for you)... uhhh... medicine... lots of fluids... STAY AWAY FROM MENTHOL.

yeah, if you haven't noticed, SM is big on "double" and "triple-threats" ("quadruple"???). freestyle is all in the counts... just learn a generic choreography and always count... you should be able to dance the choreography to the "freestyle"... just be sure to count.

i hope i helped without sounding like a know-it-all... :sweatingbullets:

Guest HappyMaterial
I would go if there is anyone who can take me there...

I'm in San Jose

Awh, same position. Oakland's too far. x__x

Maybe next year..? haha, I'm too nervous anyway.

Good luck to everyone auditioning on sunday! ;D

Guest shutingstar
yeah, if you haven't noticed, SM is big on "double" and "triple-threats" ("quadruple"???). freestyle is all in the counts... just learn a generic choreography and always count... you should be able to dance the choreography to the "freestyle"... just be sure to count.

i hope i helped without sounding like a know-it-all... :sweatingbullets:

haha no I think you helped alot! but just wanna ask, what do you mean by SM is big on "double" and "triple-threats"?

Guest sokeepdreaming
haha no I think you helped alot! but just wanna ask, what do you mean by SM is big on "double" and "triple-threats"?

I think she meant that SM likes people who are good at two categories or three categories or possibly even more. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest MsIbTRiPPiN

okay. what the heck somebody help me because i tried to go to the place earlier today just so i wouldn't get lost, but i didn't continue my route because it was so hard to find! my starting point would be from oakland, but i'm not from there so i don't know the city. well... i don't understand am i supposed to take that huge ramp past san leandro exit to that highway to get to edgewater st or somethin?

if somebody can address my problem or somethin i would very much appreciate it. thanks in advance.

nvm problem solved :)

Guest Crazyasian3119

like sokeepdreaming said before me, it means being skilled in more areas in one. like being able to sing and dance (and act and/or model)... etc.

ARE YOU GUYS READY??

i'm going to be wearing a red over-sized sweatshirt. and jeans... and white converse (that may look brown because they're old >.<) i don't want to look to "flashy"... and i don't have any "flashy" clothes anyway. i'm really worried because i read in the "share your audition experiences" thread that the judges don't speak english. OH NO...

Guest Crazyasian3119

oh... okay. its just that someone who went to the OC audition said they didn't speak english well or at all or something...

i'm starting to wonder if i'll look too casual and they'll be like, "doesn't she know how to dress nicely?"

Guest bigfatPANDA

man i really wanted to go but my friend who was my only way to get there flaked out. :[

good luck to everyone going though! <3 i really truly wish i could be there.. :/

Guest V A L XD

I'm starting to think that not many people are going to this year.

One larger factor is the location because it's not easily accessible to those who don't know the city.

and last I remember the thread was a lot bigger by now 0.0

Archived